Coke Zero

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 21 Apr 2009, 12:00

I find Coke zero is best enjoyed at about 32.0001 degrees F (0.0001 degrees C for you metric people) with no ice and drank in rather large swigs. I find it tastes least like a diet soad this way.
Image Image Image
wedrinkritalin

Postby wedrinkritalin » 21 Apr 2009, 12:06

I take it no-one outside of the UK has heard of Tango Cherry or Iron bru? Best drinks ever
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 21 Apr 2009, 12:32

I've heard of Iron Bru, but from what I understand it can't be important (at least not properly) into Canada due to the ingredients. Which sucks, since from what I understand it's quite good (of course, I don't know when my father last actually had it, but still).
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 21 Apr 2009, 12:42

Irn Bru Ingredients;

Carbonated Water
Sugar
Citric Acid
Flavourings
Preservative (E 211) (sodium benzoate)
Caffeine
Colours (E110, E124) (both carcinogenic, E 124 banned in the US)
Ammonium Ferric Citrate (0.002%)
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 21 Apr 2009, 14:00

metcarfre wrote:Colours (E110, E124) (both carcinogenic, E 124 banned in the US)

That would be it I guess.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
notomtolose

Postby notomtolose » 21 Apr 2009, 14:09

I think Coke Zero tastes just fine. What I don't understand is how this hasn't already degenerated into an olde-tyme Coke vs. Pepsi thread. Is it just because everybody here knows Coke is great and Pepsi tastes like cough syrup?

:D
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 21 Apr 2009, 14:18

Matt wrote:...it's the first coke variant since cherry that's actually made it into fountains in a widespread capacity.

-m

I've never seen a soda fountain down here with Coke zero in it. I speak for Florida, both south and central.

Perhaps we are deviation from the norm? Though I would say that having a product in a soda fountain says more about the way the Coca Cola brand is trying to market their product than the popularity of said product.

Now, if the Coke Zero tap was often broken, from overuse, perhaps, I'd say we could gather more from that...

Elomin Sha wrote:A can/bottle of pepsi has more sugar in than coke. I wonder what it tastes like if they didn't put all of that in, definately not Coke Zero.

It would taste like acidic carbonated water with a sort of chemical aftertaste, because that's exactly what would be left if you left out the syrup.

No, thanks. I'll pass. Just water or milk for me.
Septavius
Location: The friends to the south of our friends to the north

Postby Septavius » 21 Apr 2009, 14:31

I honestly can't stand diet cola NORMALLY. However, Diet Lime Coke and Cherry Zero both are okay in my book. As a side note...what happened to Vanilla Coke? I never see the stuff anymore! Shit was delicious.
Interruptor Jones

Postby Interruptor Jones » 21 Apr 2009, 14:37

Coke and Pepsi are carbon-copy sugar water drinks, with varying 'flavor profiles' that are derived from remakably similar ingredients. You're being fucking robbed if you pay more than 50 cents a can, and poisoned in the bargain. Just drink some goddamned iced tea, it has caffeine and comes in a can and will keep you from turning into a name-brand douchebag.

Begging your pardon, I seem to have caught the snarly. Think I'll go visit a popular anime forum, get it out of my system.

There is no 'm' in 'sexy'.
Interruptor Jones

Postby Interruptor Jones » 21 Apr 2009, 14:40

PS: Chocolate is only toxic because of trace amounts of lead, acquired during transport from nations that still use leaded fuel in their trucks. Mmm, heavy metals. Although really, eating 22 pounds of anything is a bit excessive. It'd be easier to eat a cup of apple seeds, and I bet arsenic kicks in faster than lead poisoning.

goat

Postby goat » 21 Apr 2009, 15:00

Interruptor Jones wrote:Coke and Pepsi are carbon-copy sugar water drinks, with varying 'flavor profiles' that are derived from remakably similar ingredients. You're being fucking robbed if you pay more than 50 cents a can, and poisoned in the bargain. Just drink some goddamned iced tea, it has caffeine and comes in a can and will keep you from turning into a name-brand douchebag.

Begging your pardon, I seem to have caught the snarly. Think I'll go visit a popular anime forum, get it out of my system.

Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 21 Apr 2009, 15:35

Nice, goat.

Interruptor Jones wrote:PS: Chocolate is only toxic because of trace amounts of lead, acquired during transport from nations that still use leaded fuel in their trucks. Mmm, heavy metals. Although really, eating 22 pounds of anything is a bit excessive.

Lead. It worked for the Romans! :D
Interruptor Jones

Postby Interruptor Jones » 21 Apr 2009, 15:42

goat wrote:something

Wait, so am I supposed to be the dude in the glasses, or the one offscreen with the golf club?

notomtolose

Postby notomtolose » 21 Apr 2009, 17:05

The way I understand it, it's a rip off at 30 cents a can, but so long as people will pay, the price won't go down.

Iced tea in Canada is sweetened; it's basically the same as any other pop. I have recently noted 'diet' green tea in cans on some supermarket shelves, but that's pretty much it. I think even those have aspartame, so it's not really better.

I actually don't need the caffeine, but since I work labour nine hours a day without taking breaks, I do need digestive assistance - especially when I'm eating something greasy, which happens all too often on the road. Beyond that, I do love the flavour of a sweet, sweet Cocamacola. Don't worry, though, I drink between one and two full litres of water every day to help flush the system.

Oh, and ON TOPIC, we do have Coke Zero in some fountains here in central Canada. Burger King carries it, I remember specifically. On the other hand, I'm told that we're often used as a test community for new food products. On the other, other hand, for all I know, people in every town say that.
Victoria

Postby Victoria » 21 Apr 2009, 20:09

I really dislike coke zero, But it's the only drink that they sell at my school, and the water tastes like rust and they frown upon us bringing drinks, so I'm stuck with it if I ever get thirsty at school.
What?

Postby What? » 21 Apr 2009, 22:37

notomtolose wrote:I think Coke Zero tastes just fine. What I don't understand is how this hasn't already degenerated into an olde-tyme Coke vs. Pepsi thread. Is it just because everybody here knows Coke is great and Dr Pepper tastes like cough syrup?

FIFY. :wink:

Coke Zero's ok, but suffers the same problem as regular coke, that being far too bitter. I drink Diet Pepsi when the mood strikes.
wedrinkritalin

Postby wedrinkritalin » 21 Apr 2009, 23:12

Septavius wrote:I honestly can't stand diet cola NORMALLY. However, Diet Lime Coke and Cherry Zero both are okay in my book. As a side note...what happened to Vanilla Coke? I never see the stuff anymore! Shit was delicious.

Vanilla was good except it had the effect that you could take one sip and think wow this tastes amazing but from that point on it just tasted like normal coke unless you left it and drank it later, like really dissapointing chewing gum
draco

Postby draco » 22 Apr 2009, 02:52

wedrinkritalin wrote:
Septavius wrote:I honestly can't stand diet cola NORMALLY. However, Diet Lime Coke and Cherry Zero both are okay in my book. As a side note...what happened to Vanilla Coke? I never see the stuff anymore! Shit was delicious.

Vanilla was good except it had the effect that you could take one sip and think wow this tastes amazing but from that point on it just tasted like normal coke unless you left it and drank it later, like really dissapointing chewing gum

the funny thing is that u vanilla cocke taste's better flat

and u can make it buy putting icecreem in to coke
wedrinkritalin

Postby wedrinkritalin » 22 Apr 2009, 05:55

draco wrote:
wedrinkritalin wrote:

the funny thing is that u vanilla cocke taste's better flat

and u can make it buy putting icecreem in to coke

I never tried it flat but that would make sense, now I never will : (
Zombaholic
First Video: Bioshocked

Postby Zombaholic » 22 Apr 2009, 06:24

wedrinkritalin wrote:

Hey man, chewing gum has always had my back in the worst of times. Especially during the taking down of the drug cartel.

Also, Vanilla coke I believe was taken away from the Canadian public and is now sold exclusively in America. I believe it's due to either health risks or they took away the flavor because it was too good for us Canuks
Ask me anything about Reboot!
Don't ask me anything about reboot
Bob The Magic Camel

Postby Bob The Magic Camel » 22 Apr 2009, 07:35

notomtolose wrote:I think Coke Zero tastes just fine. What I don't understand is how this hasn't already degenerated into an olde-tyme Coke vs. Pepsi thread. Is it just because everybody here knows Coke is great and Pepsi tastes like cough syrup?

I have never understood this. In every single advert I've ever seen from Pepsi all they have said is that it tastes exactly the same as coke according to some people (I've seen how the studies are done, the people who give them the answer they want get free stuff). Why would anyone purposefully go for a drink that was marketed as "As close as we can get to some other drink" rather than the other drink in the first place? The only time I drink it is when the Restaurant/Pub only has Pepsi, and not Coke, though most of the time I'll go for a Lemonade/7up instead.
This signature has been intentionally left blank.

No marks will be awarded for solutions written on this signature.
browncoat

Postby browncoat » 22 Apr 2009, 07:37

Cade Antilles wrote:Yeah, imo Coke Zero tastes better than Diet Coke, but still doesn't match up with Coca-Cola Classic (my preferred poison).

QFT.
Can't take the sky from me. Again.

Return to “General Discussion”