Coke Zero

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Coke Zero

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Apr 2009, 02:42

I'm sitting in my university cantine eating an unhealthy amount of baked beans, chips, and two 8 inch sausages (I really hate my body) and have a refreshing bottle of sugar in front of me.
On the bottle's label Coca Cola are giving you the chance to win a Coke Zero. I don't know sales on soft drinks but I'm guessing that sales of Coke Zero are so low they are having to give them away.
Any way, I was wondering, does anyone here like Coke Zero becuase I find that their tag line: 'Same Coke Taste, Zero Sugar' is a lie because it tastes flat and is not very nice.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
masamune
First Video: -

Re: Coke Zero

Postby masamune » 21 Apr 2009, 03:28

i like it better than diet coke, but not nearly as much as regular.
pepsi max tastes better for the same-mood-altering-depression-worsening-weight-gaining-takes over-a-month-to-get-out-of-your-system aspartame. :D
my sister drinks a truckload.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 21 Apr 2009, 03:50

Ha! They really must be unable to sell the stuff. Every month or so a giant Coke truck comes to campus and reps start giving away thousands of cans of Coke Zero to anyone who passes by. It's kind of sad, really; for the first hour or so, people will take them, but by the end of the day, they're begging you to take a can, take TWO cans, please?

I wouldn't touch the stuff with a ten foot pole. Heck, I won't touch ANY soda. It's awful for you, and I blame it in part for the obesity problem in the US. Why is it easier to get a soda than it is to get water in a restaurant? Ugh.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Apr 2009, 03:54

They're using a footballer to promote the drink over here, Wayne Rooney. Drink coke and you'll be exactly like him. I wouldn't mind his skill but he looks like he was found in a potato.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
draco

Postby draco » 21 Apr 2009, 04:02

id say that the only ones thar like coke zero is australians

ps this was typed on my dsi
Tetsubo

Postby Tetsubo » 21 Apr 2009, 04:15

Coke Zero, like all diet sodas taste like ass.

Which sucks because as a diabetic I can't drink the sodas that I actually like.
--
Tetsubo
--------------------------------------
Deviant Art: http://ironstaff.deviantart.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tetsubo57
Cureless_Poison
First Video: Fun with microwaves.

Postby Cureless_Poison » 21 Apr 2009, 04:22

No caffeine, no fun. Personally I think Pepsi tastes like over-sweetened sugar water. I prefer the solid bold taste Coca-Cola has.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Apr 2009, 04:27

A can/bottle of pepsi has more sugar in than coke. I wonder what it tastes like if they didn't put all of that in, definately not Coke Zero.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 21 Apr 2009, 04:30

i've always prefered the taste of diet coke over both regular coke and any pepsi. however i have not tasted coke zero so i will leave the discussion now with nothing left to add...
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Cokey
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Cokey » 21 Apr 2009, 04:38

draco wrote:id say that the only ones thar like coke zero is australians

ps this was typed on my dsi

Hooray for us Aussies! ... I think.

I usually drink Coke Zero if I'm having Coke. It tastes more like normal Coke than Diet Coke. The lack of sugar is a good thing but then you have to wonder what they cooked up to replace the sugar without it tasting like Diet Coke.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Apr 2009, 04:42

I'm not sure but in Diet Coke they use a chemical also used in the process of laying down bitumen on the roads. It's poisonus but it doesn't stay in the body long enough to kill you. Chocolate is poisonus too but that's something else (22lbs is needed for death by chocolate).
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 21 Apr 2009, 05:54

Stupid NDA.

Okay, I'll say this much. Offering free samples is one of the cheapest forms of advertising available to a firm. Firms need to advertise their product regardless of performance in the marketplace.
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 21 Apr 2009, 06:11

Bring back pepsi blue. nuff said.
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Apr 2009, 06:12

Bring back Tab, I loved that drink.
goat

Postby goat » 21 Apr 2009, 06:13

Elomin Sha wrote:I'm not sure but in Diet Coke they use a chemical also used in the process of laying down bitumen on the roads. It's poisonus but it doesn't stay in the body long enough to kill you. Chocolate is poisonus too but that's something else (22lbs is needed for death by chocolate).

Unless I've missed something, that is flatly wrong.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Apr 2009, 06:30

It came from someone who works in a water treatment plant, who deals with similar chemicals. I think it is bogus but thought it would be interesting to put it in here.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 21 Apr 2009, 06:39

Coke Zero Ingredients:
Carbonated water, caramel color, phosphoric acid, aspartame, potassium benzoate (to protect taste), natural flavors, potassium citrate, acesulfame potassium, caffeine.

Nothing good there, mind you, but nothing I recognize from road construction. Your major concerns would be the aspartame and acesulfame potassium. As well as potassium benzoate, and 'natural flavors' (which can be anything).
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Apr 2009, 06:50

metcarfre wrote:Nothing good there, mind you, but nothing I recognize from road construction. Your major concerns would be the aspartame and acesulfame potassium. As well as potassium benzoate, and 'natural flavors' (which can be anything).

I was referring to diet coke not zero.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 21 Apr 2009, 06:54

Diet Coke™ - Ingredients

Carbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Caramel Color, Phosphoric Acid, Natural Flavors, Caffeine, Aspartame, Potassium Benzoate, Citric acid.

This is actually even worse because potassium benzoate mixed with citric acid can release benzene, a significant carcinogen. And HFCS is actually worse for you than regular sugar.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Apr 2009, 07:03

I was half right.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 21 Apr 2009, 07:44

I don't believe there are actually any issues with the rate of sales on coke zero. for a diet cola it tastes a hell of a lot better than diet coke, and it's the first coke variant since cherry that's actually made it into fountains in a widespread capacity.

I suspect they're just trying to get more people to try it.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 21 Apr 2009, 08:21

Matt wrote:I don't believe there are actually any issues with the rate of sales on coke zero. for a diet cola it tastes a hell of a lot better than diet coke, and it's the first coke variant since cherry that's actually made it into fountains in a widespread capacity.

I suspect they're just trying to get more people to try it.

-m

I concur. It seems like their trying to break the stigma of diet cola's tasting like shite. Granted I won't touch most pops due to aspartme.
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 21 Apr 2009, 08:22

it's part of the world wide conspiracy to sell anti-depressants, you know.
CygnusX1

Postby CygnusX1 » 21 Apr 2009, 09:12

Hakaryu wrote:Bring back pepsi blue. nuff said.

I think there's a flavor of fanta which is basically the same as pepsi blue. Or as close to pepsi blue as I can remember.
we sometimes catch a window, a glimpse of what's beyond
http://www.underaglassmoon.wordpress.com
Cade Antilles
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor

Postby Cade Antilles » 21 Apr 2009, 10:37

Yeah, imo Coke Zero tastes better than Diet Coke, but still doesn't match up with Coca-Cola Classic (my preferred poison). Oddly enough, I think that Pepsi One tasted more like Coke Classic than Coke Zero.

I haven't bothered looking, but is Pepsi One even around anymore?
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!

Return to “General Discussion”