Loading Ready Gym

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
spartanhelmet

Re: Loading Ready Gym

Postby spartanhelmet » 27 Apr 2009, 21:57

DAY 1

My worst: just under 260lb (115KG)

Current: 6'4 230lb

Previous issues: I'm a lazy (and also computer orientated) guy who doesn't have the dietary thing to a T (horrific diet, and picky eating all round).

My aim: 170lb in a year or two

Current issues: Need walking/jogging/running shoes, to change lifestyle, have a duff ankle which has had plantar facieitis, been broken and sprained a few times. All on the same one :|
Last edited by spartanhelmet on 28 Apr 2009, 06:44, edited 2 times in total.
"LRR för 4 av 5 toasts"
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 27 Apr 2009, 21:59

Interruptor Jones wrote: ... don't heat it too highly or you'll destroy the active enzymes.

And?

All proteins are inactivated and broken down to amino acids before they are absorbed by the body. This whole "enzymes" thing is bupkiss. Protein is protein.

OH GOD I'M SORRY I HAVE A BACHELOR'S IN BIOCHEMISTRY YOU SEE
Narrator

Postby Narrator » 27 Apr 2009, 22:08

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:Oh god... not this again.

... Jus' saying :p
It's something people seem to get confused.
=Burger, Fries, Chocolate Shake; Some one's mind I is about to take!=
Interruptor Jones

Postby Interruptor Jones » 27 Apr 2009, 22:08

metcarfre wrote:
Interruptor Jones wrote: ... don't heat it too highly or you'll destroy the active enzymes.

And?

All proteins are inactivated and broken down to amino acids before they are absorbed by the body. This whole "enzymes" thing is bupkiss. Protein is protein.

OH GOD I'M SORRY I HAVE A BACHELOR'S IN BIOCHEMISTRY YOU SEE

Oh pfff, take it up with the miso-eaters! :P I've recently been informed that yogurt is inactive enzyme-wise unless it says 'probiotic' on the tub, contradicting what I know re: yogurt in general... so I no longer give a crap. Yogurt is delicious, end of story. I used to work with raw vegans, you should have heard all the crazy shit about living foods and advanced glycation end-products... and flax, always the flax...

OH GOD IT'S LIKE I'M BACK IN 'NAM, ONLY WITH VEGANS
send halp plz

There is no 'm' in 'sexy'.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 27 Apr 2009, 22:17

Narrator wrote:

I'm with TheRocketSiobhan... or at least am feeling an odd sense of deja vu...
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 27 Apr 2009, 22:17

Interruptor Jones wrote:OH GOD IT'S LIKE I'M BACK IN 'NAM, ONLY WITH VEGANS
send halp plz

Charlie in the trees! CHARLIE IN THE TREES!

THEY GOT MITCHELL! THOSE GODDAMN BASTARDS, THOSE SICK GODDAMN BASTARDS! WHY THE HELL ARE WE HERE?!? THESE PEOPLE DON'T WANT DEMOCRACY! LET THEM EAT THEIR VEGAN BULLSHIT AND CHOKE ON IT, THEY SHOT MITCHELL, HE'S NEVER GONNA EAT BACON AGAIN! HIS LITTLE GIRL AIN'T NEVER GONNA SHARE A HAMBURGER WITH HIM! GOD WHYYYYYY?

*runs into the jungle firing his rifle into the air and screaming*

~Alja~
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 27 Apr 2009, 22:21

Ah crap. I'll go fetch Alja again.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Interruptor Jones

Postby Interruptor Jones » 27 Apr 2009, 22:23

Hey, at least he's running! :P

Good on ya, by the way!

There is no 'm' in 'sexy'.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 27 Apr 2009, 22:33

I recently started going to a gym last week. Hopefully I keep it up and start to lose weight.

RIght now, I am 6' 280lbs. I would like to get to around 200lbs.

I haven't really changed my diet though, just added exercise. I usually work out for about an 1hr, on a treadmill and a bike with the occasional weightlifting on various machines for legs and arms.
SilentBobCDN

Postby SilentBobCDN » 27 Apr 2009, 22:40

Ok, I'll participate with the rest of the class too.

I'm 6'0", 317lbs at last check. I've always been big. Wrestled and played football in highschool, Judo through university, and I've always been muscular. Ideally, I want to get down to 220lbs/100kg. I feel that is both attainable and a good target weight for me. I have been slowly losing some weight, around 10lbs over the past month or so.

As for exercise, the past few weeks I've had an ingrown toenail that makes walking (even at work) slightly painful, and not in the good way. That said, its getting permanently fixed next Monday. So I will be walking more and probably biking more. It's annoying with my work schedule though. I, occasionally, work 4 shifts on, 4 shifts off. With my 4 on, two are evenings, so I work from 3-1030pm, which Should give me time to go do something, but I'm on call for the rest of the night, and i'd rather not be out in the middle of a long walk/bike ride when my phone rings. The second 2 are graveyard shifts, and while I'm always still awake at the end (midnight to 730am), after I leave the hospital I'm not really functional, haha. I guess I'll just have to make time between work, guitar practice, etc, etc, etc.

That website Matt linked seems pretty good, I'm not sure how to input things I make from scratch, like chili.
Narrator

Postby Narrator » 28 Apr 2009, 00:26

Jillers wrote:
Narrator wrote:

I'm with TheRocketSiobhan... or at least am feeling an odd sense of deja vu...

...touché :p
'nuff said.

ANYway, I posted because I'm glad to see something like this on the forums, people willing to put themselves out there, and maybe get themselves to a place (physically) they'd like to be. Power to 'em - to us all.
=Burger, Fries, Chocolate Shake; Some one's mind I is about to take!=
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 28 Apr 2009, 14:26

Day 2

Weight: 311 pounds

Notes: I ate a salad for lunch yesterday which made me feel absolutely miserable. Couldn't do the situps and pushups before my walking because of it. Accomplished everything else though. Got a 16 pound vest to wear around work while I'm walking everywhere. I can certainly feel it today.
Jillers

Postby Jillers » 28 Apr 2009, 14:37

Cake wrote:Day 2

Notes: I ate a salad for lunch yesterday which made me feel absolutely miserable. Couldn't do the situps and pushups before my walking because of it. Accomplished everything else though. Got a 16 pound vest to wear around work while I'm walking everywhere. I can certainly feel it today.

If you're going to be doing some high intensity exercise you should eat more protein - add some steamed chicken to that salad!
Team Cybershark

~End Transmission~
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 28 Apr 2009, 15:19

Jillers wrote:
Cake wrote:Day 2

If you're going to be doing some high intensity exercise you should eat more protein - add some steamed chicken to that salad!

I like the way you think.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 28 Apr 2009, 15:33

I did some high intensity work out today and I had a meal that had 40 grams of protein. It was tuna and a Kashi bar, and I got my fat cap for that meal from peanuts in the bar, and carbs from some fruit.

But 40 grams of protien from tuna and kashi, I was proud of myself! Becuase usually I find the hardest quota to fill is my protien without going over my carbs.

My sweet deliscious carbs...
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 28 Apr 2009, 16:11

Looking at my daily plate... I was under yesterday, over today. BUT I'm over in carbs, fat, AND protein, but UNDER in overall calories. Where are these magical calories supposed to come from?
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 28 Apr 2009, 16:30

Jillers wrote:If you're going to be doing some high intensity exercise you should eat more protein - add some steamed chicken to that salad!

I had some fish with it.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 28 Apr 2009, 16:59

I'm a skinny bastard, but this week I started exercising more, so hopefully I can keep that up and start looking like a real man over the next few months. Protein, healthy weight gain and all that sort of thing.
Jillers

Postby Jillers » 28 Apr 2009, 17:41

Cake wrote:
Jillers wrote:If you're going to be doing some high intensity exercise you should eat more protein - add some steamed chicken to that salad!

I had some fish with it.

Fair enough, but don't starve yourself before working out.
Team Cybershark

~End Transmission~
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 28 Apr 2009, 17:46

I wake up and have 2 apples. An hour later, I go for a run. And hour later, I have a yogurt and an orange. 2 hours later, the salad with fish.2 hours later, a small snack consisting of peanut butter and oats. 1 hour later, walk a mile with the vest. 1 hour later, eat some lean meat. 1 hour later, walk another mile with the vest. 1 hour later, some veggies, and 1 hour later, 1 more mile. The excercise and eating is spaced out. I'm neither starving myself, nor over exerting myself.

But if I'm going to get sick everytime I eat a salad, I'm going to find a different plan, really quick.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 28 Apr 2009, 18:07

I need a boost guys. I can't remember why I'm doing this. My room mate's ordered pizza, and it smells stomach gold right now.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 28 Apr 2009, 18:08

I can't do salads either, don't feel bad, Cake. I replace salad with other veggies.

Dr Evil42

Postby Dr Evil42 » 28 Apr 2009, 18:09

You are doing this to not be fat unlike the rest of us. (except Lyinginbedmon)
PS: Retrieve Arms from Safe
Problem Sleuth
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 28 Apr 2009, 18:10

Cake wrote:I need a boost guys. I can't remember why I'm doing this. My room mate's ordered pizza, and it smells stomach gold right now.

/boostscake.

You're doing it for your health!!!!! So you can live long and get rich and we can all have a LRR meet on year with our hot bods.

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Apr 2009, 18:15

You're doing this so you can get in good enough shape to have that pizza, and simply extend your daily run a little bet to work it off, without having to worry in the slightest or ask that question. As you start to lose more weight, it will get easier. Also, once your have your regimen in place, if you have a smart one and are reasonable about it (which I assume you will be, if your forum personae is any indication), then you can take small pleasures like that without totally blowing your plan.
One of the main reasons why weight-loss plans don't work for a lot of people is that as soon as they break it once, they assume all is lost and go on gluttonous sprees, causing a net gain in weight. So long as you make it all balance out in the end, breaking your plan once now and again won't hurt you.

That said, don't go for the pizza now. You need to get your plan down so that your comfortable with it and it starts to become habit/second nature. It's tough, but if you stick with it, you'll thank yourself later.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.

Return to “General Discussion”