If You Were A Superhero

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

If You Were A Superhero

Postby Elomin Sha » 02 May 2009, 11:49

Coming from: 'the Watchmen are becoming real or something' thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9011 and the mixing thoughts within I was wondering if we had the guts to do what they do how would we do it?
Saying you'd go as a LRRunner is cheating so try and be original:

What would be your name?
What would be your quest?
What would be your back story?
Where would your stompping grounds be?
What would be your weapons for fighting crime (real life impliments that you have at home)?
What would be your catchphrase?
More importantly, what would your costume be?

GO TEAM FORUM!
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Re: If You Were A Superhero

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 02 May 2009, 11:58

Elomin Sha wrote:What would be your name?
What would be your weapons for fighting crime (real life impliments that you have at home)?

Blue Jester
Cliche but protect those that need protecting
The city, not necessarily one city
Hand-to-hand combat, occasional staff weapon
Isn't that interesting?/Blue Jester, at yer service!
Think my Runners outfit with a blue jacket and cargo trousers and bluer glasses.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
draco

Postby draco » 02 May 2009, 13:20

What would be your name?
More importantly, what would your costume be?quote]

Shadow or NightShade

to fight crime from the shadows

if i toled you id have to kill you

in drak aly's

pottato masher

your mashed now

black with an black cape
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 02 May 2009, 15:35

If I could be a superhero?

I'd Justice Guy
Making sure people get what they deserve,
Especially women who lie
Like if a wife lest her husband with three kids and no job
to run off to Fuckin hawaii with a doctor named bob
I'd skin them and drain them of blood so they'd die
(especially bob)
Then I'd be Justice Guy
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 02 May 2009, 15:49

Very uncompromising and Rorschach-style, tak197.

I'm quite embarassed by how poor my alcohol-induced superhero identity was, so will try to think up a better one.

P.S. When I first wrote this I actually typed "superho". Which would be an exciting profession.
Last edited by ThrashJazzAssassin on 03 May 2009, 09:29, edited 2 times in total.
Oli boy

Postby Oli boy » 02 May 2009, 15:55

Woop! Stephen Lynch FTW!!

Anywho...

Name: Professor A. Essling
Quest: To stop the villainy of the Gebenheim.
Story: Talented engineer and scientist who's wife was kille by a villain named Gebenheim has vowed to stop his villainy and set right any injustice he encounters along the way.
Stompping grounds: Victorian London, mostly.
Weapons: A large range of steamy gadjets and weaponary. All the way from rachets to Mech Suits. Though usually his cane will suffice.
Catchphrase: You, sir, are a cad - have at thee!
Costume: Fasionable victorian gentleman, the only oddity being his varying eyewear (depending on what he's doing).

If I could have a villain it'd probably a member of a team. Seven members n total, my villain's called Sloth. Guess what the other six are called.
He doesn't do a lot of feild work. Mostly lounges around, guarding the base kind of thing. Sleeps a lot. Yeah.
Yeah, be jealous of my bling...
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 02 May 2009, 17:12

tak197 wrote:If I could be a superhero?

I'd Justice Guy
Making sure people get what they deserve,
Especially women who lie
Like if a wife lest her husband with three kids and no job
to run off to Fuckin hawaii with a doctor named bob
I'd skin them and drain them of blood so they'd die
(especially bob)
Then I'd be Justice Guy

Bitter much?
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 02 May 2009, 20:16

You know, tak, I think some ALT-codes would gussy up those Stephen Lynch lyrics just nicely, like maybe ALT+13 (♪) or ALT+14 (♫)...lesee...

Stephen Lynch wrote:♫If I could be a superhero?♫
♫I would be Justice Guy♫
♫Making sure people get what they deserve,♫
♫Especially women who lie♫
♫Like if a wife left her husband with three kids and no job♫
♫To run off to Fuckin' Hawaii with some doctor named Bob♫
♫I'd skin them and drain them of blood so they'd die♫
(Especially Bob)
♫Then I would be Justice Guy♫

Hmmmm...maybe a little overdone, I guess - but it still adds a certain je ne sais quoi, doesn't it?

EDIT: I suppose I should put forth my $.02 on this:

What would be your name?

Sir Galahad of Camelot.

To seek the Holy Gr...wait, sorry - wrong set of questions; totally my fault; let's back up a bit...

*sound of tape rewinding*

Okay.

What would be your name?

Why, Grammar Nazi, of course!

"To tear down the barriers of miscommunication and unclear language that seek to block us from understanding one another bonding together in perfect peace and unanimity."

Spawned in the secret lab of a fugitive Nazi war criminal and genetic scientist, Grammar Nazi was raised on his creator's adopted tongue, but with a purity of thought that comes from REAL languages with proper rules of syntax. Thus imbued with the zeal to bring such order and structure to the muddled mess that is the English Language, Grammar Nazi toils tirelessly to enlighten the unaware users of this haphazard, system-less argot.

Where would your stamping grounds be?

Why the home of language misuse: tEh iNt@rweB$

What would be your weapons for fighting crime (real-life implements that you have at home)?

A browser with several extra tabs open to Merriam-Webster, Dictionary.com, Ask Oxford and the like.

"If you're not sure, look it up before you post!"

Most importantly, what would your costume be?

*looks down* Well, I guess a holey, threadbare pair of boxers...

*reviews his 'entry'*

...yeah, I'll be passing out grains of salt to anyone reading this. :D
Last edited by empath on 02 May 2009, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
Cureless_Poison
First Video: Fun with microwaves.

Postby Cureless_Poison » 02 May 2009, 20:35

That Guy
To act like I'm saving the world when in fact I'm just screwing around making money from stupid people who think I'm a hero so I can get some Crullers and a Double-Double at Tim Hortons.
That guy from that place that did this thing at that time.
That place.
That hockey-stick
"Whats that?"
A brown trapper hat, red and green over-all's, green-white-red plaid shirt, tan cargo-pants, brown steel-toe boots.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 02 May 2009, 20:44

Sawbones

Power - to perform malpractice on criminals brought in after being injured during a police standoff.

Purpose - To promote moral absolutism, even when the police won't. A slight nick to the femoral artery is all it takes to exact justice on the injust, and he will take that opportunity to clean up the world.

Weaknesses - the power of attorney.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 02 May 2009, 21:37

Elomin Sha wrote:
What would be your name?

GCNINJA
To protect the World
Im a ninja- nuff said
Grand Canyon
My collection of sword (will get pic later)
Look over there! (poof)
All blck, but the shirt would be that of the http://www.megagear.com/product_p/mt%2001-1008.htm
and in winter a sweater of http://www.megagear.com/product_p/3000.htm
(i own the shirt will get the sweatshirt)
Last edited by gcninja on 02 May 2009, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 02 May 2009, 21:43

Oddly enough This was written about me on another forum I like it

zFUBARz – aka Captain Midnight. roaming comfortable in darkness and blighted by sunlight. his tool of destruction is even handed smiting.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 02 May 2009, 22:23

Name: FiendCake the fiend
Quest: To be a wrench in the cog of society.
Back Story: I'm chaotic-evil, I don't need one.
Stomping grounds: here and now
Weapon of choice: frosting
Catchphrase : The Cake ISN'T a lie!
Costume: I don't know, but she is my assistant!

Huh. Maybe I'm a super villian.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 02 May 2009, 22:54

Your assistant is Strawberry Shortslut?

~Alja~
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 02 May 2009, 22:58

Makes about as much sense as Harley Quinn. I can dig it.
Unclever title

Postby Unclever title » 02 May 2009, 23:00

I take full responsibility for the state of your brains after reading this post. I'm not going to do anything about it besides both say "I'm sorry" and "Your welcome" simultaneously

NAME: Quantus Finch

POWER: The ability to cause and manipulate poorly explained and misapplied concepts of quantum physics... Probably.

QUEST: To figure out the what hell is going on, fight crime and all that, to kill himself (no it's more convoluted than it sounds), and to prevent himself from destroying the world. (See Backstory.)

BACK STORY: Setting out to prove to the world Erwin Schrodinger's true genius a misguided physicist with the surname Finch sets out to actually perform the specifics of Schrodinger's thought experiment in reality. Setting up the experiment Finch was baffled. When opening the box the latest cat placed in it was either dead or alive but not in the continuous state of flux that he had hoped for. One night in a moment of exasperation or perhaps in inspiration (it's not really clear) he increased the power input 75% and inserted a previously dead cat into the box and by some sheer as of yet unexplained phenomenon the cat came out of the box undead. Perhaps in madness or perhaps in genius or a continuous state of flux between the two Finch placed the undead cat in the box and repeated the experiment adding three drops of "Holy Water." It is as of yet unclear where this Holy Water came from but the end result was a cat that continuously cycles back and forth between being dead and undead. Realization of his success combined with a bite from the dead/undead cat seeking out brains caused the physicist to realize tremendous control over quantum physics phenomena and the ability to apply them on a macroscopic scale... Probably. Quantus Finch was born (and not born, simultaneously, for two days). However this realization came with side effects and is in a continuous variable rate flux between complete understanding and utter confusion... Maybe.

ARCH NEMESIS: Himself. After a very confusing day of uncontrollable self-superposition QF managed to bring himself back from being in hundreds of places at once however he forgot about one "copy" of himself who felt neglected and started acting out for attention and in the process killed an innocent man. Perhaps out of residual guilt but the "original" QF sought to kill his murderous copy and vowed to do so at any cost hunting him down. The "other" QF acted out of a survival instinct and sought to protect the innocent bystanders caught in "original" QF's quest for vengeance. Learning how "other" QF seeks to protect the innocent "original" QF then begins to threaten innocent people and commit crimes in order to lure, catch, and kill the "other" QF even to the point of destroying all humanity... Probably.

STOMP'N GROUNDS: You want me to specify a location after all that?!?! Fine, some city somewhere... perhaps.

SIDEKICK: Schrody, the dead/undead cat with a strong preference for fish brains, but any brains will do in a pinch. In order to prevent Schrody's sometimes corpse from decaying QF took him to a very confused and frightened taxidermist and was redirected to an embalmer equally frightened and confused. The end result was that Schrody does not decompose... Probably.

CATCHPHRASE: If only I could have... wait a minute I just did! Oh, no wait I didn't after all. Hold the phone... (etc.)

COSTUME: Lab coat with the emblem QF in green? on the back and glasses are the only constants... the rest varies wildly.... in all likelihood.

YIo'umr swelcromrey.
My train of thought is more like a roller coaster that has loop de loops and no safety bars.
I don't know if I'm tall enough to ride.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 02 May 2009, 23:07

Alja-Markir wrote:Your assistant is Strawberry Shortslut?

~Alja~

She prefers the name Strawberry Slutcake.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 02 May 2009, 23:58

Unclever title wrote:I take full responsibility for the state of your brains after reading this post. I'm not going to do anything about it besides both say "I'm sorry" and "Your welcome" simultaneously

NAME: Quantus Finch

POWER: The ability to cause and manipulate poorly explained and misapplied concepts of quantum physics... Probably.

QUEST: To figure out the what hell is going on, fight crime and all that, to kill himself (no it's more convoluted than it sounds), and to prevent himself from destroying the world. (See Backstory.)

BACK STORY: Setting out to prove to the world Erwin Schrodinger's true genius a misguided physicist with the surname Finch sets out to actually perform the specifics of Schrodinger's thought experiment in reality. Setting up the experiment Finch was baffled. When opening the box the latest cat placed in it was either dead or alive but not in the continuous state of flux that he had hoped for. One night in a moment of exasperation or perhaps in inspiration (it's not really clear) he increased the power input 75% and inserted a previously dead cat into the box and by some sheer as of yet unexplained phenomenon the cat came out of the box undead. Perhaps in madness or perhaps in genius or a continuous state of flux between the two Finch placed the undead cat in the box and repeated the experiment adding three drops of "Holy Water." It is as of yet unclear where this Holy Water came from but the end result was a cat that continuously cycles back and forth between being dead and undead. Realization of his success combined with a bite from the dead/undead cat seeking out brains caused the physicist to realize tremendous control over quantum physics phenomena and the ability to apply them on a macroscopic scale... Probably. Quantus Finch was born (and not born, simultaneously, for two days). However this realization came with side effects and is in a continuous variable rate flux between complete understanding and utter confusion... Maybe.

ARCH NEMESIS: Himself. After a very confusing day of uncontrollable self-superposition QF managed to bring himself back from being in hundreds of places at once however he forgot about one "copy" of himself who felt neglected and started acting out for attention and in the process killed an innocent man. Perhaps out of residual guilt but the "original" QF sought to kill his murderous copy and vowed to do so at any cost hunting him down. The "other" QF acted out of a survival instinct and sought to protect the innocent bystanders caught in "original" QF's quest for vengeance. Learning how "other" QF seeks to protect the innocent "original" QF then begins to threaten innocent people and commit crimes in order to lure, catch, and kill the "other" QF even to the point of destroying all humanity... Probably.

STOMP'N GROUNDS: You want me to specify a location after all that?!?! Fine, some city somewhere... perhaps.

SIDEKICK: Schrody, the dead/undead cat with a strong preference for fish brains, but any brains will do in a pinch. In order to prevent Schrody's sometimes corpse from decaying QF took him to a very confused and frightened taxidermist and was redirected to an embalmer equally frightened and confused. The end result was that Schrody does not decompose... Probably.

CATCHPHRASE: If only I could have... wait a minute I just did! Oh, no wait I didn't after all. Hold the phone... (etc.)

COSTUME: Lab coat with the emblem QF in green? on the back and glasses are the only constants... the rest varies wildly.... in all likelihood.

YIo'umr swelcromrey.

Wow, you've thought that through quite a bit, haven't you?
GHOVO
First Video: 1337. I think

Postby GHOVO » 03 May 2009, 00:19

What would be your name? The G
What would be your quest? Bitches. To get many bitches.
What would be your back story? I was bored one night and thought "Pffffft. I could use with some bitches."
Where would your stompping grounds be? Y Rhyl.
What would be your weapons for fighting crime (real life impliments that you have at home)? Baseball bat and fishing net.
What would be your catchphrase? AAAAAARRRGGGHHH Leave me alone!!
More importantly, what would your costume be? Costume? Hmmmmm. Do I have to wear one? A suit with some bandages around my head.
Unclever title

Postby Unclever title » 03 May 2009, 04:23

Lyinginbedmon wrote:
Unclever title wrote: A Long Exposition

Wow, you've thought that through quite a bit, haven't you?

No more so than a reasonable concept for how Phail works. :mrgreen:

Actually the power idea came to me first then I just kinda ran through it making adjustments on what seemed "plausible?" and fixing what changed in my head halfway through. It certainly came out much more reasonable than I expected it to.

Whole process took me no more than an hour, which I guess is a bit long to spend on a single post.
My train of thought is more like a roller coaster that has loop de loops and no safety bars.

I don't know if I'm tall enough to ride.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 03 May 2009, 04:31

My reasonable concept for Phail was thought out over the course of a few weeks with help from like three other people, many of them physicists.

That was still smegging impressive. Though I actually wrote the first version of the Timeline of the LRRd in about an hour one lazy Tuesday morning :P
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

uest

Postby iamafish » 03 May 2009, 05:56

Elomin Sha wrote:What would be your name?

Name: generic man
Quest: to fight crime
back story: i lost may parents to criminals and then got bitten by a kryptonite spider and got superpowers. so now i try to avenge my dead parent by living a secret live fighting crime while trying live a normal life with a love interest as well
Stomping grounds: generic-ville
Weapon: distilled clichés
Catchphrase: where there's a crime there's a criminal
costume: spandex suit with a 'G' in the middle which i wear under my normal clothing. oh and a utility belt. and a cape.
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Bob The Magic Camel

Postby Bob The Magic Camel » 03 May 2009, 07:12

Name: The Fruit Seller
Quest: To defeat the unholy spawn of the Third Reich and a Semicolon.
Stomping Grounds: Anywhere with sufficient Signage.
Weapon: Inappropriately placed inverted comma's.
This signature has been intentionally left blank.

No marks will be awarded for solutions written on this signature.
Septavius
Location: The friends to the south of our friends to the north

Postby Septavius » 03 May 2009, 07:31

What's funny is I've sort of fantasized about this from time to time. Never seriously considered it though, I'm not nearly courageous or stupid enough.

Name: I wouldn't assume one.
Quest: crime-fighting, unsurprisingly.
Back-story: nothing interesting.
Stomping grounds: pretty much any urban area would do.
Gear: I've actually sort of mentally toyed with a grapple gun design, and because it would probably have to securely strap to an arm to be usable, it could double as a bludgeon in a pinch. Otherwise, hand-to-hand combat.
Catchphrase: ...
Costume: Massive black coat, some sort of mask. Probably some body armor under the coat, since it'd be easy to hide. The coat would double as storage if I ever put together more gadgetry to carry with me.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 03 May 2009, 09:03

What would be your name?

Lady Double D

To stomp put bad role players

The Staten Island dump gave me superpowers to school bad role players

NYC mostly, but anywhere where a GM cries out is woe, I'll be there; anytime a player wishes they weren't role playing with a brick wall, I'll be there; whenever a person takes their character too seriously, I'll be there (to stop them)

Boffer Weapons, polyhedral dice.

How's 19 for ya!?

Leather... actually, probably pleather... or just something shiny and black, and since I'm a girl, very minimal.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~

Return to “General Discussion”