Morgan is Going on a Trip

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Re: Morgan is Going on a Trip

Postby Evil Jim » 14 May 2009, 13:03

Morgan wrote:i just picked cities near where i intend to go to give people a general idea. there are many many places just a little off that itinerary that i have every intention of visiting.
That's good, because if you make it up to Southern Wisconsin I can take you to the House on the Rock which will blow your mind.

James wrote:No, Morgan doesn't drive.
I'll take the liberty of making the assumption that we will likely be asked to do some of his driving, like to & from bus & train stations or to the next city if it's close enough.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 14 May 2009, 13:58

If anyone drives that lazy sack of shit "to the next city" regardless of how close it is i will personally come to your house and tell you how disappointed I am with you. He can catch a lift to the train/bus station but that is all :P
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 14 May 2009, 14:11

no. Make the dick bucket take a taxi. or public transit. or walk.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 14 May 2009, 14:21

You guys really do like Morgan don't you :P
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 14 May 2009, 14:31

Pubic transit in the US isn't like everywhere else. We have more cars.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 14 May 2009, 15:01

Everybody has cars here, too, Cake. We just have dogsleds in addition to those cars.
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 14 May 2009, 15:08

James wrote:If anyone drives that lazy sack of shit "to the next city" regardless of how close it is i will personally come to your house and tell you how disappointed I am with you. He can catch a lift to the train/bus station but that is all :P

But I already promised him a ride to Toronto!
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
Nameless_1

Postby Nameless_1 » 14 May 2009, 15:37

If he ever comes to England he's welcome to a couch here, regardless of his freeloading intentions =p
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 14 May 2009, 15:37

OH Hey Morgan, I just realized something you should be on the look out for. the Weird US magazine. Each state has one, and if you can't find something to do it's not a bad idea to pick one of those up at a convenience store and visit some of the stranger places in the States.
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
drujon
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby drujon » 14 May 2009, 16:09

Morgan wrote:huzzah for penis! also, for a map of my destinations: http://tinyurl.com/quvun4

You're staying in Denver? You drive right through Colorado Springs on that route
Cade Antilles
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor

Postby Cade Antilles » 14 May 2009, 17:24

Cake wrote:Pubic transit in the US isn't like everywhere else. We have more cars.

Pubic transit? I don't know about Colorado, but in in California we don't ride around on pubes. lol, just kidding. ;)

At any rate, Cake's right, US Public Transit sucks balls. And not in that eyes-rolling-back, fun way. More like you're the prison bitch and he's the fat, hairy, sweaty guy named Cletus with a roaring case of herpes and crabs. Wow, I think I managed to seriously disgust myself with that one. *twitch*

Where was I? Oh yeah, trains will probably be Morgan's best bet (price and comfort), but availability sucks. I won't mind driving him around town, but that's it.

EDIT: Times are tough, though. So, while I'm willing to cart him around a little, some gas money would be nice.
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 14 May 2009, 17:37

I know there's train station within driving distance from my place. I left from there on my trek to Portland, OR last fall for the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 14 May 2009, 18:11

He's gonna get raped by a hobo...

Also, Evil Jim. House of the Rock is wicked cool. It is the only think I can think of except for UofW hockey team that's of any interest in Wisconsin.

Edit: Bit of a punctuation error there... Evil Jim is probably not also going to get raped by a hobo. I mean, he might. It is Wisconsin after all. I can't imagine the hobos have a lot to do.
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 14 May 2009, 18:16

Evil Jim wrote:I know there's train station within driving distance from my place. I left from there on my trek to Portland, OR last fall for the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival.

You make me jealous. I've been wanting to attend that for awhile now. Though I am looking into a trek to Providence to toast champaigne at his grave in tribute.
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 14 May 2009, 18:31

Hakaryu wrote:
Evil Jim wrote:I know there's train station within driving distance from my place. I left from there on my trek to Portland, OR last fall for the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival.

You make me jealous. I've been wanting to attend that for awhile now. Though I am looking into a trek to Providence to toast champaigne at his grave in tribute.

THAT's something for Morgan to do in Rhode Island, if he's interested. I could help him with that, I'm sure. I even know one of the professors at URI made a documentary about him (in which they had trouble finding the grave).
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 14 May 2009, 18:33

My city is nicknamed "Hub City" due to it previously being the center of train transport in the maritime region. Then people stopped using trains. So yeah, once I can nail down a place for him to stay (park benches are actually quite comfortable this time of year), a train in and out would be the best bet.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 14 May 2009, 20:30

James wrote:If anyone drives that lazy sack of shit "to the next city" regardless of how close it is i will personally come to your house and tell you how disappointed I am with you. He can catch a lift to the train/bus station but that is all :P
So basically, anyone who enjoyed having Morgan visit & would also like to see James, you know what to do.

Brad wrote:He's gonna get raped by a hobo...

Also, Evil Jim. House of the Rock is wicked cool. It is the only think I can think of except for UofW hockey team that's of any interest in Wisconsin.

Edit: Bit of a punctuation error there... Evil Jim is probably not also going to get raped by a hobo. I mean, he might. It is Wisconsin after all. I can't imagine the hobos have a lot to do.
I haven't had any problems with hobos here but thanks for the clarification anyway. And there is, in fact, plenty of interesting stuff in Wisconsin. We're just more well-known for beer, cheese & (shudder) the Packers.

Cheers for visiting HotR, Brad. It's one of my favourite attractions here & an easy 60 miles from my house.
RytelCSF
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby RytelCSF » 14 May 2009, 20:59

All I can really say about your route is that being from Ohio, I commend you for avoiding it.
TimeCruiserMike
First Video: 1337

Postby TimeCruiserMike » 14 May 2009, 21:04

Evil Jim wrote:
So basically, anyone who enjoyed having Morgan visit & would also like to see James, you know what to do.

I was totally thinking the same thing. Pack your shit James, you're about to be doing a lot of traveling.
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 14 May 2009, 23:29

i am more than happy to pitch in for gas for anyone who'll drive me around.
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 15 May 2009, 23:25

Morgan wrote:i am more than happy to pitch in for gas for anyone who'll drive me around.

Only gas Morgan? I thought the rule was gas grass or ass?
All hail the great deku tree!

Twitter

Flickr

Interruptor Jones

Postby Interruptor Jones » 15 May 2009, 23:29

Your ass is grass, and then I'm going to light it on fire? Sweet, I can get right on that.

There is no 'm' in 'sexy'.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 16 May 2009, 00:11

aww im not on that map, i was hoping to show im a 277 mile long 1 mile deep place. good little tidbit, if you jumped your more likely to die of a heart attack than splat before you hit
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 16 May 2009, 10:06

my family is immune to heart attacks and as yet there is no evidence that we can die from falling damage either.

Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 16 May 2009, 10:14

So the serum worked? Excellent...

~Alja~

Return to “General Discussion”