Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Hakaryu

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Postby Hakaryu » 23 Jun 2009, 06:28

A friend showed this movie to me recently. I had never heard much about it, besides that it was a musical like Repo and Rocky Horror.

To give a brief synopsis. Its about a transexual stalking the person she thinks is her other half, even after he ran out on her.

To be fair the synopsis leaves alot to be desired but its hard to describe Hedwig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YO9FpWX57E

Here's a song to give you an idea of what its likes.
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Postby Sable » 23 Jun 2009, 06:32

Our local theatre company did Hedwig two years running. I haven't seen the movie, but the "live version" (it's almost more of a concert than a show) is a fantastically good time. They were blessed with a particularly fine cast and a very receptive audience (Our Hedwig was a guy called Rory Stitt, you can find some of his stuff on iTunes), but it's a great story no matter what.

"Tear Me Down" and "Midnight Radio" are a couple of my favourite songs.
roseneko

Postby roseneko » 23 Jun 2009, 06:38

Don't forget the band, too - the local group they had doing the music was amazing. (The theatre company rehired them next year to do a stellar production of Tommy, also starring Stitt, which became the highest-grossing show in their history.)

Sadly, I found the movie to be a bit of a disappointment. It wasn't bad, but the pacing was rather lacksadaisical and the songs much less zippy. It could just be the particular production we saw, but the live show was more punk-edged and had about fifty times as much energy.
Interruptor Jones

Postby Interruptor Jones » 23 Jun 2009, 12:14

HEDWIG

I need to rewatch that soon. Not as wacky as Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, but still excellent.

There is no 'm' in 'sexy'.
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 23 Jun 2009, 13:02

I would loveeee to see the stage production of Hedwig. Out of all the musical/cult type things like this. hedwig is for sure better then rocky or repo.
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.

Return to “General Discussion”