Klumsy Kooking with King Kool

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Re: Klumsy Kooking with King Kool

Postby King Kool » 04 Aug 2009, 17:09

I just made rice with a tablespoon of salt instead of half a teaspoon. Oh boy oh boy.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 06 Aug 2009, 13:29

I tried to make scones with 300ml of milk instead of 30ml. I've mixed up sugar with salt a few times. Sweet brocoli? Terrible.
ChiUnit4evr
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby ChiUnit4evr » 06 Aug 2009, 15:28

one time when I was in middle school, our home ec recipe for that day was "spaghetti Pie" which is basically what it sounds like, a pie made of pasta.

Well as we were reading off the recipe, my partner and I came across "1t Salt" Somehow, this translated to tablespoon rather than teaspoon, (in our defense the difference is t vs T). Thus we ended up with an incredibly salty spaghetti pie, which looking back on it, wasn't detracting from the initial concept all thaaaat much.
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 06 Aug 2009, 15:37

Hint: Don't add balti mix to basmati rice, it stays crunchy.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 28 Aug 2009, 12:09

I was making Sliders the other day. Sliders involves lining a half-sheet pan with parchment, placing a pound of beef in it and rolling it out under plastic to get it flat. The recipe also calls for dusting with various seasonings and folding this big meat pan in half to season on the inside.

I folded the meat over PERFECTLY, and it was just right! And I looked over and saw that the seasons were still in the ramekin. I had to reroll it and season it again, and it didn't fold nearly as perfectly.

Fail...
a winner is you. - Ash
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 28 Aug 2009, 13:09

I screwed up my ached potatoes yesterday. I made to much gravity and ended up with Mashed Potatoe Soup ewww. Especially since without the gravity they were prefect. *sigh*
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
MarkVI
First Video: iPhone Alternative

Postby MarkVI » 28 Aug 2009, 13:11

One thing I've done numerous times before which is really annoying is accidentally adding baking soda instead of baking powder, or vice versa.

Another cooking mishap is getting halfway through a recipe only to realize you have absolutely no flour or eggs, or what have you, in stock.

Substituting ingredients is always a touchy issue too. My grandma's old ginger cookie recipe calls for bacon fat as the main source of fat/oil (instead of butter or shortening). One time I tried using shortening instead but it screwed up the consistency a lot.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 28 Aug 2009, 13:30

Dave-O_Boy wrote:I screwed up my ached potatoes yesterday. I made to much gravity and ended up with Mashed Potatoe Soup ewww. Especially since without the gravity they were prefect. *sigh*

What?
a winner is you. - Ash
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 28 Aug 2009, 15:58

King Kool wrote:
Dave-O_Boy wrote:I screwed up my ached potatoes yesterday. I made to much gravity and ended up with Mashed Potatoe Soup ewww. Especially since without the gravity they were prefect. *sigh*

What?

Milk gravity!
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 28 Aug 2009, 16:18

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:
King Kool wrote:

What?

Milk gravity!

I could probably make an unspeakably inappropriate joke, but I'll just talk about how today I didn't make enough frosting to frost a whole cake and how I burned the inside of my mouth with a hard-boiled egg.
a winner is you. - Ash
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 28 Aug 2009, 16:21

Did I tell you about the time I tried to make a lemon meringue pie, but didn't pre-bake the crust? Or the time I tried to make a lemon meringue pie, and tried to hand-beat the meringue? For an hour?
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 28 Aug 2009, 16:31

Dude, I had to hand-beat a thing of cookies once because the power went off. I stirred for 20 or so minutes before I thought I was gonna die. Do you have hyper biceps or something?
a winner is you. - Ash
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 28 Aug 2009, 17:07

Well, I do now.
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 28 Aug 2009, 17:24

metcarfre wrote:Well, I do now.

Firstly, fapfapfap. Glad we got that out, sorry I'm mentally 13 when it comes to making penis jokes.

Earlier today this thread made me hungry. I now have apple pie. It only took like 4 hours. I made the ugly but more delicious kind where you don't pre-cook the filling, because they're SO MUCH BETTER. However, you need to cool the whole pie when you do it that way, so there was a good solid block of time where I was just staring at it waiting.

I didn't screw it up, but it was this thread's fault I made it, so I reckon it's an acceptable place to brag about having pie.
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 28 Aug 2009, 17:38

I once was making pie crust by scratch using my family's recipe. I had asked my mom for the recipe and wrote it down as she told me it. She said to use two tablespoons of salt.
Now this seemed like a little too much salt.
And so I asked her twice if two tablespoons was the correct amount of salt before adding it into the dough. She gave me an affirmative and so I put it in and go along finishing my pie.
Couple hours later the pie comes out and it smells delicious, I wait until its cool enough to eat, take a slice and bite in. Only to spit it out a second later.
The crust was extremely salty and I asked mom what I did wrong. She asked how much salt I put in and told her two tablespoons like she had told me too. She replies nooo not two tablespoons. Two teaspoons.
I ended up having to scrap the pie, but to this day she still jokes whenever I make pie crust and won't admit that she had told me two tablespoons. ^-^
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 29 Aug 2009, 08:14

Dave-O_Boy wrote:Especially since without the gravity they were prefect. *sigh*

So you made them in space?
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Hawkaris
First Video: 1337

Postby Hawkaris » 29 Aug 2009, 09:06

The thought process was like this:

"I'm hungry and lazy. What's left in the cupboard?"
"You have this leftover box of Hamburger Helper. You should really use it."
"Not only am I out of ground beef, but I'm trying to be more vegetarian in my diet."
"But it'd be so easy to make!"
"Gah. Fine. Maybe if I used tofu instead of ground beef..."

The answer is no. No you cannot. There was this sizzle, and then some bad chemistry, and now I'm not quite sure what's sitting on my stove.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 29 Aug 2009, 09:16

King Kool wrote:...and how I burned the inside of my mouth with a hard-boiled egg.

You do know you're supposed to cool them completely right?
Timelady
First Video: Deeply Religious

Postby Timelady » 29 Aug 2009, 09:19

Hawkaris wrote:The thought process was like this:

"I'm hungry and lazy. What's left in the cupboard?"
"You have this leftover box of Hamburger Helper. You should really use it."
"Not only am I out of ground beef, but I'm trying to be more vegetarian in my diet."
"But it'd be so easy to make!"
"Gah. Fine. Maybe if I used tofu instead of ground beef..."

The answer is no. No you cannot. There was this sizzle, and then some bad chemistry, and now I'm not quite sure what's sitting on my stove.

You may have just figured out the recipe from Easy Bake Spore.

Now this thread hasinspired me to do some baking, but I can't send the cats outside because of the rain. We'll see how this turns out...
EDIT: And no I don't mean I'll accidentally bake them. They just tend to knock things over. And roll in things.
AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Bacon is not a chronological entity.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 29 Aug 2009, 12:18

Timelady wrote:Now this thread hasinspired me to do some baking, but I can't send the cats outside because of the rain. We'll see how this turns out...
EDIT: And no I don't mean I'll accidentally bake them. They just tend to knock things over. And roll in things.

You can't put them in a room and close the door? They can escape?
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 29 Aug 2009, 14:46

This isn't me who did this, but I can't think of a better place to put this.

So Food Network recently debuted their newest show that wasn't a Next Food Network Star with your favorite tv chef... Brian Boitano.

The show is called "What Would Brian Boitano Make?" and I'm watching it right now as I write this. I've never laughed so hard at the opening of a cooking show, and it's because of how rediculous the show is. It's like Pee-Wee's Playhouse meets Essence of Emeril, complete with greenscreen cutaways and stuff. To top it all off, HIS THEME MUSIC IS FUCKIN' "WHAT WOULD BRIAN BOITANO DO" FROM THE SOUTH PARK MOVIE!!!! It's insane

The only redeeming quality so far is that tomorrow's episode is that he's throwing a bacon party. As in everything is bacon.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 30 Aug 2009, 13:35

tak197 wrote:This isn't me who did this, but I can't think of a better place to put this.

So Food Network recently debuted their newest show that wasn't a Next Food Network Star with your favorite tv chef... Brian Boitano.

The show is called "What Would Brian Boitano Make?" and I'm watching it right now as I write this. I've never laughed so hard at the opening of a cooking show, and it's because of how rediculous the show is. It's like Pee-Wee's Playhouse meets Essence of Emeril, complete with greenscreen cutaways and stuff. To top it all off, HIS THEME MUSIC IS FUCKIN' "WHAT WOULD BRIAN BOITANO DO" FROM THE SOUTH PARK MOVIE!!!! It's insane

The only redeeming quality so far is that tomorrow's episode is that he's throwing a bacon party. As in everything is bacon.

wat?

WAT?

WAT?
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 31 Aug 2009, 04:46

I kid you not. I saw it with my own eyes. Though I missed the bacon episode, but it will be on tomorrow at 9pm EDT. I went to the show site, and discovered that he met with the guy who invented the BACONE, and I must say, the BACONE is a thing of beauty. Three strips of bacon go onto the mesh cones and get deep fried, then the BACONE is filled with scrambeld eggs, hashbrowns and cheese, and then topped with sawmill gravy and a biscuit.

Kathleen, if you are reading this, I think it beat out Paula Deen making a bacon cheeseburger out of two doughnuts.

Morgan/Alex, if you are reading this, MAN COOKING: BACONE DELUXE is in order.
SilentBobCDN

Postby SilentBobCDN » 31 Aug 2009, 07:36

Re: Brian Boitano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2f96M_vKhU

And the Lutherburger isnt really new, but I cannot stand Paula Deen. She was the cause of my retching a little in watching an Iron Chef America episode, with her Velveeta cheese fudge.
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 31 Aug 2009, 09:23

Paula Deen is HILARIOUS. That woman loves butter like Morgan loves dicks.

Return to “General Discussion”