Pet Peeves

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Cake
Magically Delicious

Pet Peeves

Postby Cake » 24 Aug 2009, 19:00

Some of mine include, having to order food in Spanish, walking on wet carpet with my socks, people who use "sans" instead of "without," and that dog that won't shut up.

What are some of yours?
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Re: Pet Peeves

Postby Arius » 24 Aug 2009, 19:07

People.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 24 Aug 2009, 19:10

I'ma add on that, and go more specifically:

Flaky People.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 24 Aug 2009, 19:45

People who don't turn off the TV when they're done.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 24 Aug 2009, 20:21

People who kiss their teeth. People who take offense towards anything. People who don't stop apologizing. People who never stop giving you false compliments. People who think turning on the light in the morning will wake you up. Idiots (like you know those people who show up to class and make you doubt if you're in the right vein of classes [like on the way to post secondary, let alone university], yeah, them). Hypocrites.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 24 Aug 2009, 20:23

....how can you kiss your teeth?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 24 Aug 2009, 20:25

Do you mean that "tss" noise that someone would make as a defiant noise, or a "Shyeah, right" sort of thing? Sort of the Valley Girl scoff?
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 24 Aug 2009, 20:30

People who own small dogs, and carry them wherever they go as though they don't have their own four legs, then are surprised when their dog is afraid to be outside a six inch radius of them.

People who own small dogs, and automatically pick up said dog as soon as they see my dog and I coming towards them as though the thing is made of glass (or as though my dog is going to eat their dog just because he's too big to go in my bag). And are then surprised when their dog is terrified/ferocious around any other living creature.

People who own small dogs, and have absolutely no control over them but pass it off as okay because its a small dog and clearly doesn't need to be trained, even though its already bitten three people.

Y'know what, I could keep going, but let's just sum it up by saying, "95% of people who own small dogs."
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 24 Aug 2009, 20:53

Kissing ones teeth is something my dad's fiancee (if you read my post on padded room, its official now...woo [not woo]) and her family do all the bloody time.

Like once every 10 seconds or so, more after they ate. It involves closing your lips, sucking them against your teeth, then quickly opening them. It is a kind of high pitched, wet "ptsh" sound, and it drives me insane every time I hear it. Which, if you haven't gathered, is a LOT.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Lorithad

Postby Lorithad » 24 Aug 2009, 22:43

Shortlist:

Occurrences of people using "Then" when they should be using "Than". Same goes for They're, there, and their. Its not rocket science. It's basic english.

People who do not signal when changing lanes, turning, or any other instance where they are legally obligated to.

Unreasonable amounts of base from car stereos. I should not be able to hear it let alone FEEL it, from inside my house when you are driving down the street. Thanks.

People who think it's alright to go past the 9 items (or whatever it's marked as) in the express lane of the grocery store.

I could go on and on and on, but for the sake of my sanity, i'll stop there.
Matt wrote:Lorithad, you should be ashamed of yourself. You are bad, and you should feel bad.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 24 Aug 2009, 22:55

People who list "people" as a pet peeve.

Being told to do something I'm in the process of doing.

Like Lorithad, people who don't signal their turns.

Internet abbreviations and smileys.

The people who think it is funny to post internet abbreviations and smileys after I've listed it as a pet peeve.
Arius

Postby Arius » 24 Aug 2009, 23:02

When I said people, I didn't mean just people in general.

I'm not good with groups of people, especially when I end up being the center of attention. Last time I went to play guitar for some friends, they shouted out for everyone to shut up and listen to me. So now I've got forty people I don't know watching intently to see what I do.

I can deal with people so long as they go about their own lives. But when the spotlight is on me, I kinda wish they didn't exist.

Happy?
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 24 Aug 2009, 23:05

Moreso, yes.
The R

Postby The R » 24 Aug 2009, 23:35

The "Shaky-cam" cinematography that Ive been seeing so much in movies made within the last 10 years. Seriously, does every fucking action movie nowadays have to have all cameras look like handicams stuck at full optical zoom?

Ive seen camera shake used alright in movies past; but its so ridiculous now, hell even my old home movies when I was a spastic 8 year old were more steady. CGI is actually improving quite a bit and becoming less obvious, but whats the point when everything is flying around all over the place; its irritating.

Although it did fit in District 9, it got a little out of hand and just got tiresome by the second half.
luinie
First Video: Time is Money

Postby luinie » 25 Aug 2009, 04:12

Lorithad wrote:People who do not signal when changing lanes, turning, or any other instance where they are legally obligated to.

This.
And people who've been driving many years and still have no idea of basic traffic signs.
Annchan

Postby Annchan » 25 Aug 2009, 04:26

When people upload their photos, but don't go through them to take out the blurry ones or don't bother to turn them right side up. Also when they take about 10 pictures of the same thing from the same angle and all 10 pictures are posted. Facebook quizzes posted to your profile. People that can not be honest with you no matter how much you just tell them to be straight up. People that come to collect food from the food bank and are picky about what is handed out.
Keith K

Postby Keith K » 25 Aug 2009, 04:35

Political Loyalists
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 25 Aug 2009, 04:46

people who, like, you know, use like, superfluous words and like, you know basically spends like twice as long as they, like need to, you know, say anything.

pricks
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 25 Aug 2009, 05:58

Lorithad wrote:People who do not signal when changing lanes, turning, or any other instance where they are legally obligated to.

People who do use their signal light, but wait until they're halfway through the turn to turn it on so it's too late to help you anyways. I know you're turning, jackass, but I would have liked to have known that ten seconds ago when I could have been gone already.

People who use the terms "Meterosexual," "Bi-curious," or "Homoflexible."
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 25 Aug 2009, 06:48

Bare feet.
Also, you know when people unplug things but leave the socket turned on? Annoying.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 25 Aug 2009, 06:52

Leave the sockets "turned on"? I don't think any of my light sockets turn off, except maybe by switching the power off to the entire room...
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 25 Aug 2009, 06:59

maybe it's a european thing...

Plug goes in, switch goes on, circuit complete. Plug comes out or switch goes off, circuit incomplete. Plug comes out, switch stays on, many people find it very annoying.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
Keith K

Postby Keith K » 25 Aug 2009, 07:13

Well there's a practical exercise in redundancy.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 25 Aug 2009, 07:24

Yeah, that's a weird European thing.

My list;

I'll just say "Drivers on the Trans-Canada". I can't believe these new cars have turn signals that break so easily! That must be the reason people don't ever signal. Right?

People who get mad at me for passing another car when I'm only doing twenty over the limit.

Hell, just drivers.

People who have no concept of how their actions affect other people.

People who text and/or their phones go off in a movie theatre.

People who are against vaccinations and/or believe vaccinations cause autism and/or vampirism.

People who comment on CBC.ca news stories.

Mayonaisse.
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 25 Aug 2009, 08:17

Those are some crazy looking light sockets right there.

They're creeping me out a little, actually.

Return to “General Discussion”