Pet Peeves

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
CtMolloy

Re: Pet Peeves

Postby CtMolloy » 29 Aug 2009, 17:24

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:
Lawman wrote:
CtMolloy wrote:-Drivers who sit behind me while im on or slightly over the speed limit trying to get me to hurry up. I like having a lisence, im not speeding and risking losing it just because YOU think you need to get somewhere a few seconds sooner. If you're overly agressive about it i'll probably slow down a bit. if you've got your high beams on i'll slow down even more.

I heard that there was a driver who decided he was going to drive at a consistent 70mph in the fast lane of the motorway, thus ensuring that everyone behind him would have to be going less than or equal to the speed limit.

He was prosecuted for driving in a manner causing disturbance to other drivers.

There's a differnce between the fast/passing lane and simply being in a lane where you're supposed to be doing the speed limit. This bugs the shit out of me too, CT. I refuse to speed becuase some douche berry wants to make it to the same red light as me 3 seconds sooner. I am not going to do 70 in a 50 because you like having a lead foot and can afford the ticket/demerits/dead children.

Indeed.
This doesn't normally happen on the motorway, plenty of lanes for overtaking there, but on residential streets. I'd rather get booked for slowing down 5kmh than for hitting some kid or getting rear ended if i have to stop suddenly or something just cos some impatient bogan wants to go faster and tries to communicate that by tailgating me.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 29 Aug 2009, 17:36

I was at an intersection today. I needed to make a left turn, but I was two car lengths behind it and the median prevented me from being able to sneak into it. Then a car ahead pulled up, giving the guy in front of me ample room to move forwards and I could then sneak into the lane. He didn't move.

The turning signal went green, the turning lane was empty. This guy wouldn't pull forwards. Then when it turned yellow, he pulled into the turning lane and waited at the red light.

We both could have made our turn had he gone into the lane during the two minutes that he had a clear path. But apparently his phone call was so much more important than everyone else, so he didn't bother paying attention even after I honked.

So, add inconsiderate drivers to my list.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 29 Aug 2009, 17:41

Lawman wrote:
CtMolloy wrote:-Drivers who sit behind me while im on or slightly over the speed limit trying to get me to hurry up. I like having a lisence, im not speeding and risking losing it just because YOU think you need to get somewhere a few seconds sooner. If you're overly agressive about it i'll probably slow down a bit. if you've got your high beams on i'll slow down even more.

I heard that there was a driver who decided he was going to drive at a consistent 70mph in the fast lane of the motorway, thus ensuring that everyone behind him would have to be going less than or equal to the speed limit.

That seems so messed up to me. I mean, I get that it's a "fast lane," but if being in that lane means you don't need to be at or below the speed limit, then why use the other lane? Why have a speed limit at all? I don't drive, so maybe I'm misunderstanding it, but that seems pretty backwards to me. "Here's this speed limit. We don't want you to go over it, unless you're in THIS lane, in which case, go crazy."

Arius wrote:I was at an intersection today. I needed to make a left turn, but I was two car lengths behind it and the median prevented me from being able to sneak into it. Then a car ahead pulled up, giving the guy in front of me ample room to move forwards and I could then sneak into the lane. He didn't move.

The turning signal went green, the turning lane was empty. This guy wouldn't pull forwards. Then when it turned yellow, he pulled into the turning lane and waited at the red light.

We both could have made our turn had he gone into the lane during the two minutes that he had a clear path. But apparently his phone call was so much more important than everyone else, so he didn't bother paying attention even after I honked.

So, add inconsiderate drivers to my list.

God, we have a specific light here that that always happens at. There's two lanes that both go straight or to the left, but if you want to turn right you have to continue up the right most lane until you can get into the turn, but for some reason, there's always at least one guy that insists on being six feet behind the guy in front of him, and he always ends up being the only guy we need to move for us to have enough room to turn. We take the back roads home now, because despite the ten minutes extra distance, we still get home sooner because we don't have to deal with bullshit drivers.

I mean, jeez. I don't drive specifically because I know I couldn't-- I'd just be too nervous a driver that I would end up being the person who does stupid shit like that. And yet I'm the only person who seems to have enough common sense to say, "Hey, maybe I shouldn't drive since I suck balls at it."
InsaneFool
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby InsaneFool » 29 Aug 2009, 17:58

TorachiKatashi wrote:
Lawman wrote:

That seems so messed up to me. I mean, I get that it's a "fast lane," but if being in that lane means you don't need to be at or below the speed limit, then why use the other lane? Why have a speed limit at all? I don't drive, so maybe I'm misunderstanding it, but that seems pretty backwards to me. "Here's this speed limit. We don't want you to go over it, unless you're in THIS lane, in which case, go crazy."

This sort of thing applies to multi-lane highways already high speed limits. The right hand lanes are intended for trucks and other large vehicles, and people who aren't comfortable keeping with the flow of traffic in the left-most lane which is considered the "fast lane".

Example: On the 401 here in Ontario the speed limit is 100 km/h, but the flow of traffic (read: most of the other people on the road) is going 120. So people in the fast lane will be going 120, and the other lanes are generally intended for people who aren't okay with that, but they will always need to go at least 100, otherwise they're gonna wind up with a lot of angry people on their hands.

Now that being said, I'm totally cool when I'm on the highway with traveling with the flow of traffic, in fact I encourage it...but that doesn't mean I condone driving like a douchehat and tailgating people or speeding along 20km faster than everyone else and bobbing and weaving into every available space you can. The key for me is to drive in line with everyone else on the road.
Personal Fail Count: 3ish? (So Far)
Follow me on Twitter
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 29 Aug 2009, 18:55

People who have the AC on even though its 65 F out and they could just open a window. Like the people in the apartment near mine, which is situated so that their AC thingy is right near my open window and its really loud.
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Smidge

Postby Smidge » 29 Aug 2009, 19:05

Kill the AC! ;)

Ok mine is Helpdesk people who don't know what the f*ck they are talking about but try to act all pro.
Then when you point out their mistake and provide facts to support your statement, they still deny being wrong and instead give you the option to agree with their faulty solution or nothing at all.

( actual conversation with my ISP's helpdesk,
Me, I am having the same problem as last time, the ticket number was xxxxxx.
ISP-guy, No that was a different problem, we can fix the current problem now if you reset your private network's Router.
Me, I don't have a Router my PC is directly connected to the cable modem.
ISP-guy, no sir that is not possible you have a router I can see so via the remote tools we have.
Me, I don't have a router connected, I don't have a router in this whole building even. Also I never owned a router as I never needed it.
ISP-guy, sir just reset your router and the problem will be fixed.
cut out some lines about me not having a router him saying I have one
Finally after 5 minutes...
Me, F*CK YOU!!!!!!,

Hang up dial the ISP again and get a helpdesk guy who finally understands whats wrong and had it fixed for me the next day. )
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 29 Aug 2009, 19:14

InsaneFool wrote:This sort of thing applies to multi-lane highways already high speed limits. The right hand lanes are intended for trucks and other large vehicles, and people who aren't comfortable keeping with the flow of traffic in the left-most lane which is considered the "fast lane".

Example: On the 401 here in Ontario the speed limit is 100 km/h, but the flow of traffic (read: most of the other people on the road) is going 120. So people in the fast lane will be going 120, and the other lanes are generally intended for people who aren't okay with that, but they will always need to go at least 100, otherwise they're gonna wind up with a lot of angry people on their hands.

Now that being said, I'm totally cool when I'm on the highway with traveling with the flow of traffic, in fact I encourage it...but that doesn't mean I condone driving like a douchehat and tailgating people or speeding along 20km faster than everyone else and bobbing and weaving into every available space you can. The key for me is to drive in line with everyone else on the road.

So... they have a lane specifically to allow people to break the law?
InsaneFool

Postby InsaneFool » 29 Aug 2009, 19:29

TorachiKatashi wrote:So... they have a lane specifically to allow people to break the law?

That's a kind of over-simplified way of putting it, but yeah.
Follow me on Twitter
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 29 Aug 2009, 19:57

korri wrote:People who have the AC on even though its 65 F out and they could just open a window. Like the people in the apartment near mine, which is situated so that their AC thingy is right near my open window and its really loud.

You should just live in Canada where no one but the rich have AC!
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 29 Aug 2009, 20:40

I "have" AC, but its broken. Even at 310 though, crank up the fan and keep to the basement, and its not too bad.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 30 Aug 2009, 03:07

- Teenagers working at grocery stores who have no desire to be there and just talk to their friends, and when you ask them for help they don't move from their spot and just say something not helpful in a rude tone

- Bad customer service representatives

- Bullshit. I have always had a problem with calling people out on when they are talking out of their ass. I don't care if it's pope pauper or president, if they are talking bullshit I can't help but call them on it. I lack a verbal filter.
Smidge

Postby Smidge » 30 Aug 2009, 05:41

Tak197, yours made me remember one.

-Teenage Interns, who go take a smoke break every 10 minutes and at the end of the workday leave early. But if you call them out on it they get angry.
InsaneFool

Postby InsaneFool » 30 Aug 2009, 06:05

Everyone is ragging on bad customer service people, so as a person who used to fix computers for a living:

Customers who insist they know what is wrong, but come to you because they don't know how to fix it. And when you try to tell them you need to confirm their assumptions instead of just "fixing the problem" they get all offended and insist that you're the one that is wrong when in fact they have no goddamn idea what the hell they're talking about.
Follow me on Twitter
Smidge

Postby Smidge » 30 Aug 2009, 09:16

InsaneFool wrote:Everyone is ragging on bad customer service people, so as a person who used to fix computers for a living:

Customers who insist they know what is wrong, but come to you because they don't know how to fix it. And when you try to tell them you need to confirm their assumptions instead of just "fixing the problem" they get all offended and insist that you're the one that is wrong when in fact they have no goddamn idea what the hell they're talking about.

Never let the customer stand next to you while you are doing your job... and reading their private email... ;)
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 30 Aug 2009, 11:35

Smidge wrote:Tak197, yours made me remember one.

-Teenage Interns, who go take a smoke break every 10 minutes and at the end of the workday leave early. But if you call them out on it they get angry.

Back in the day when I worked at McDonald's, the kids who smoked actually got extra breaks, outside of their regular 15/20/30 minute breaks, to go smoke. We had one kid who would start yelling and throwing change at customers if he didn't get to have a smoke when he needed one. If I had my time back I would have called into Open Line about it.

Here's one: Those same new employees who are always "pretend busy" by reading over your shoulder and wiping down the same counter every time a superior walks by.
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 30 Aug 2009, 11:56

From the perspective of the other side of the counter:
Customers who can't wait five minutes for you to serve them. The sort of people who are apparently too important to queue, or, god-forbid, find out that the item they want isn't in stock.

Fun fact about most shops; if something isn't in stock, it's usually not teh fault of teh person behind teh counter, or even the person in the office. It's people coming in and buying it. You know, like you want to? So cool off and go look somewhere else.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 30 Aug 2009, 12:14

Or the guy in back who is in charge of ordering merchandise, but never orders enough and never has customers yelling at him for it. As we know, obviously, anything that doesn't go exactly the way you plan is the sole fault of the very first employee you see.

For those interested.
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 30 Aug 2009, 12:21

Thanks for the link. And the statement is, sadly, very true.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
Smidge

Postby Smidge » 30 Aug 2009, 13:58

Long time ago an employe phoned the tech department about his PC not booting up...

Him, yes it says to remove the floppy and press any key...
Me, ok try that.
Him, ....
Me, did that work?
Him, yes.

I earned my paycheck that day ;)

Ok continuing about interns taking to many breaks and stuff...
Interns that are always sick on friday or monday... long weekend lovers.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 30 Aug 2009, 15:52

You want to know my pet peeve? When people come to my fucking house when Im not here and eat my fucking expensive pang pang.

FUCKING HIPPIES.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 30 Aug 2009, 16:24

I hate it when people refer to a couple by compiling their names together like "Bennifer" or "Bradelina". STFU.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 30 Aug 2009, 16:28

Genghis Ares wrote:I hate it when people refer to a couple by compiling their names together like "Bennifer" or "Bradelina". STFU.

This was a fad that was never cute and never will be. *shudder*

Genghis Ares

Postby Genghis Ares » 30 Aug 2009, 16:46

Also, I worked at Nintendo as a CSR, and I know that the customer is almost never right. I had a call where this guy's wife was calling us for him, because he had invented Mario Kart and wanted to know how to get his money for it.

Then there was this lady whose son dropped his DS and the hinge broke. She claimed it was faulty and when I said it wouldn't be covered by warranty(because you frickin' told me he dropped it) and she bitched and moaned about how nobody under 18 should use a DS because they are weak, and that there should be a sticker on the box warning people that its made of plastic and can break if dropped.

Another time, this guy called and asked, word for word; I'm not making this up, "Does the store across the street from the Walgreens have the DS."
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 30 Aug 2009, 16:55

Genghis Ares wrote:Also, I worked at Nintendo as a CSR, and I know that the customer is almost never right. I had a call where this guy's wife was calling us for him, because he had invented Mario Kart and wanted to know how to get his money for it.

Then there was this lady whose son dropped his DS and the hinge broke. She claimed it was faulty and when I said it wouldn't be covered by warranty(because you frickin' told me he dropped it) and she bitched and moaned about how nobody under 18 should use a DS because they are weak, and that there should be a sticker on the box warning people that its made of plastic and can break if dropped.

Another time, this guy called and asked, word for word; I'm not making this up, "Does the store across the street from the Walgreens have the DS."

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA. All of those - made of fail.
Hilarious. I have many a story about TERRIBLE customers.
But I was seriously bad at customer service. I was not able to take shit from ANYBODY... If you were a bad customer, rude, ignorant, or arrogant... I would dish it right back. I don't have time or patience. Hence why I don't ever want to be a CSR.

I remember I used to work at Planet Organic and we seriously had FOUR tills side by side. 3 of them were closed, with the above numbered lights OFF.. AND a freeking SIGN that said TILL CLOSED. I was the only one open, no sign, light on... standing behind the till. A lady came up to me after pacing back and forth, all pissed off and said:

"is any of these tills open?"

so I replied:

"the one over here are"
Last edited by TheRocket on 30 Aug 2009, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.

Genghis Ares

Postby Genghis Ares » 30 Aug 2009, 16:59

How do some people even function in life if they can't grasp things like that?

Return to “General Discussion”