Suggestion for segment in future Rapid fire

Is there something you want to see? Give us suggestions here.
waZelda
First Video: The job

Suggestion for segment in future Rapid fire

Postby waZelda » 03 Oct 2011, 11:18

I don't know if this would be for one episode or throughout a season, but here is an idea I had.

The first time we see them there are two people giving each other a nod, then turn around and walk away from each other. One has a red shirt that says your mom, one has a blue shirt that says "that's what she said". The joke is that they just show up and interrupt people with their respective jokes. For instance:

We see two archeologs digging up bones and one of them says (in a British accent naturally): Astonishing! I've never seen one of that size before.

TwSS then suddenly jumps into shot and yells "that's what she said".

I think this one would also work well as crossovers with other segments.

Anyway, in the last scene with them they are standing in a room with a third guy. The third guy says: "And the winner, with a score of 5 to 4 is... That's what she said!"

TwSS cheers and YM shakes his head, then YM says: "Dammit, I was so close" - to which TwSS responds "That's what she said."

Stinger: Someone with a shirt that says "The jagermeister will do that to you" turns up and asks "has the competition started yet?"

EDIT: Not sure how I managed to mess up and write Desert Bus in the title. Changed it to rapidfire.
Last edited by waZelda on 05 Oct 2011, 05:55, edited 1 time in total.
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then wouldn't hurt.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Re: Suggestion for segment in future Desert bus

Postby JustAName » 03 Oct 2011, 19:43

Sounds like something that could go in rapidfire. I miss that...
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Re: Suggestion for segment in future Desert bus

Postby JackSlack » 03 Oct 2011, 19:47

Yeah, that sounds like a Rapidfire sketch idea, definitely.

I also could imagine one which is "And now: When not to use 'That's what she said'." And then scenarios like, "This mission is vital, team. When we get in the air, follow my lead. Should I go down..." And then we see one of the actors raise his hand and open his mouth excitedly. Cut.
waZelda
First Video: The job

Re: Suggestion for segment in future Rapid fire

Postby waZelda » 05 Oct 2011, 06:07

I just thought of a couple specific ones.

First of all, I really want one that is on a battlefield and a person is about to die. The best one I have thought of so far is.
SOLDIER 1: I'm not gonna last much longer, you gotta go on without me.
SOLDIER 2: But Jack, what am I going to tell your wife?
"That's what she said."

For the your mom jokes, I picture the guy saying a short line first. For instance this scene: Two guys sitting in a couch picking up gamecube controllers.
GUY: No chosing Pikachu this time, alright? He's such an unbalanced character.
YM: You know who's an unbalanced character?
(both the guys look around, confused, then YM jumps into shot).
"Your Mom!"

I don't know if this quite works with quite fit in rapidfire, and if people who just watch you on the Escapist would get it, but I'd like to see one that is kindof a reference to the podcasts. It would be easy to find time to record as well, since you could just record it before recording the actual podcast.
So the scene is that you are sitting around the desk, Kathlene is drawing TMCH and such. Let's say Matt is the YM character.
GRAHAM: And welcome to those games we played. Matt, what have you been playing.
MATT: I'll tell you what I've been playing.
(through video magic Matt is suddenly wearing the Your Mom shit)
"Your Mom!"

Oh also, I picture both YM and TwSS saying "Boom! Booooom!" after delivering their respective jokes.
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then wouldn't hurt.
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 28 Oct 2011, 12:00

I had an idea for a Rapidfire just now:

Scene - A business meeting room at a big corporation. There are 6-8 people sat around a large oval table with important looking documents in front of them. They are talking amongst themselves

ENTER - The CEO of the company. (Paul)

The room goes quiet. He starts walking slowly around the table. He stops at each person he passes, they stand up and shake his hand. He leans in and whispers something to them as they do so. We cannot hear what he says. Then they sit back down and he moves on to the next one.

When he gets to the 3rd or 4th business person around the table, they stand up, shake his hand, he leans in to whisper...

CEO: (Shouts) Goose!

The businessman races the CEO around the table.

SCENE
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
chif-ii
First Video: Every OS sucks

Postby chif-ii » 29 Oct 2011, 15:44

Fezzul wrote:I had an idea for a Rapidfire just now:

Scene - A business meeting room at a big corporation. There are 6-8 people sat around a large oval table with important looking documents in front of them. They are talking amongst themselves

ENTER - The CEO of the company. (Paul)

The room goes quiet. He starts walking slowly around the table. He stops at each person he passes, they stand up and shake his hand. He leans in and whispers something to them as they do so. We cannot hear what he says. Then they sit back down and he moves on to the next one.

When he gets to the 3rd or 4th business person around the table, they stand up, shake his hand, he leans in to whisper...

CEO: (Shouts) Goose!

The businessman races the CEO around the table.

SCENE

And then YAkkity Saxs.
ImageImage

Return to “Video Suggestions”