Discount Internet Meme Warehouse, Script.

Is there something you want to see? Give us suggestions here.
JayBlanc
First Video: That thing with the thing and that stuff

Discount Internet Meme Warehouse, Script.

Postby JayBlanc » 19 Jul 2012, 15:21

So... I originally wrote this script for a friend who is trying to get into directing sketch comedy, but who wasn't able to use it due to lack of time to spend on it and has released it back to me to offer to others.

And then I realised it might be pretty good to give Ron Dewings his first full role!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1970271/discount-meme-warehouse-v2.pdf

I've padded it out from it's original state as a very short script, but it might still be both too short, and yet over-complicated to shoot, so I won't be that surprised if you don't want it.
CanvasWolfDoll
First Video: Quantum Documentary
Location: my map says 'tuesday'... this might be a calender...

Re: Discount Internet Meme Warehouse, Script.

Postby CanvasWolfDoll » 09 Aug 2012, 13:40

eh... i can see what're you're trying to do, but it'd be much better if every line weren't just a tired meme. it needs balance with original jokes, and more than ron dewings jumping from one disconnected line to the next.
Charlie_is
First Video: Desert bus, 2011

Postby Charlie_is » 15 Sep 2012, 15:32

I like it.
I love anything that encorouges us to see anything we´ve seen a million times before from a new perspective.
Your jokes are good.

I am however going to say that it does not follow the rules of advertising.
First present the problem, then present the solution.
eg. problem = Look at your man, now look at me. Unfortunately your man is not me. Solution = but he could smell like me.
For memes, what memes provide is a social short hand to demonstrate that you are part of the same social class as everybody elese who gets the meme. They also provide a way to sound witty without any effort. And they gain maxamum attention for very little effort.

So start with: Are you a social outcast who doesn´t get the attention they deserve? Do you know you are funny and brilliant but don´t know how to make others see that? Hi! I´m Ron Dewings.

And with a bunch of short jokes all clustered together like this, it´s best to fire them off one after antoher really quickly. Fortunately there is a form of add that does that as it uses urgency to push its product. You know, *ANNOYING SIREN* NOW NOW NOW ORDER NOW DON´T THINK JUST ORDER YOU SOCIAL RETARD.¨

*Sigh*
I read marketing books for fun, and this is the closest I´ve gotten to using what I´ve learned.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 26 Sep 2012, 15:11

I also like it, but agree with the other comments.
It's a solid idea, but could use some tweaking. I may just do that!
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 01 Oct 2012, 11:03

@Charlie is
Now when you say "read for fun" do you mean like ironically? Cause I tried to read marketing books and they are boring. Like really boring.
^( " )^
winner!
JayBlanc
First Video: That thing with the thing and that stuff

Postby JayBlanc » 01 Oct 2012, 11:20

Graham wrote:I also like it, but agree with the other comments.
It's a solid idea, but could use some tweaking. I may just do that!

Go ahead with tweaks if you want. It was written quite a while ago[1], so could probably have some more stuff added to the list of memes that are now discount-bin worthy. Could certainly do with the good old traditional text scroll of other memes available as well... (No idea why I forgot to put it in!)

[1] Friend who was attempting to put together their own sketch comedy group, but had a string of delays in getting started including a series of hardware breaking...

Return to “Video Suggestions”