Cat Got Your Lung

Is there something you want to see? Give us suggestions here.

This idea is too:

Poll ended at 09 Dec 2007, 23:51

Silly
44%
Outrageous/Unbelievable
22%
Lame
33%

Total votes: 9
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Cat Got Your Lung

Postby Tim » 02 Dec 2007, 23:51

This is incomplete, as far as scripts go. The dialogue is really only outlined at best. Mostly I've just laid out a concept and left a lot of the micro-creative stuff open to improvisation and customization based on the actor/actress playing each character and stuff.

I'd love to complete the dialogue and iron out the details, and possibly even do some storyboarding for some of the more cinematographically-interesting shots (like the closing bit and the Sam Raimi-esque bit), but this has been sitting on my hard drive for a few days and I've been too busy to invest that time into it.

Let me know if you want me to flesh it out more or whatever.

---------------------------------------

Scene 0
-Some kind of conversation between two friends that leads to one of them going out for a walk late at night.
-Title overlay appears as Main Character exits the house. (“Cat Got Your Lung” just sounds so… punny. In my humble opinion. :p But the title can be anything, of course.)

Scene 1
-Main character walking along side of road under streetlights.
-Shadow approaches from behind.
-Freeze frame of character turning around with shocked look on his face. (Overlay title.)

Scene 2
-MC wakes up lying on the street (or in an alley?). He is wearing an MP3 player with a video screen. He is confused and stumbles as he stands. He holds his stomach in discomfort.
-The MP3 player turns on and the MC holds it up in curiosity.
-A video begins playing of a person talking. (The video is a close-up of the person’s face.)

“Good morning, name. Did you sleep well?” *evil grin* “How do you feel? Tired? Off-balance? Confused? Something’s wrong, but you’re not sure what.”

-The MC looks around in confusion.

“You’re probably wondering who I am and why your stomach is churning so much.”

-The MC’s stomach gurgles and he winces in pain.

“The answers to those questions are easy. My name is evildoctorname, and I knocked you out last night and took you to my laboratory. By the time you see this video, I will have surgically inserted my cat, catname [holds up cat], into your belly, just above your bowels.

“Don’t worry, though. Catname is sedated, and she won’t wake up for quite some time. In fact, I’d say you have until about midnight tonight before she awakens and tears you open from the inside out.

“Enjoy your last day on earth, Main Character!” *evil villain laugh*

-MC’s face contorts in horror and the camera spins around him. He falls to his knees and yells, “Nooooo!”

**Note: This could also be done with the Main Character finding a cell phone in his pocket and talking to the evil doctor on the phone. It could even be a video call.

Scene 3
-Main character reveals his desperate plight to his girlfriend.

Example dialogue: “Promise me you will love again after I’m gone!”

Scene 4
-Main character reveals his desperate plight to his mother.

Example dialogue: “Now I finally know what it was like for you to carry me for those nine long months…”

Scene 5
-Main character bargains with God.

Example dialogue: “If you take this cat out of my stomach, I promise I will…”

-Main character is sitting under a streetlight watching the stars with less than an hour until midnight. A friend of his comes along and sees him.

Friend: What’s wrong?
MC: Something like: “An evil doctor knocked me out and left me a video/cell phone and told me he surgically inserted a cat into my stomach. He said that sometime in the next half an hour it’s going to wake up and go berserk, and I’m going to die.
Friend: What, and you believed him? Don’t you think you’d at least have a scar or something?
MC: Um… Yeah, I guess. Y’know… You know what? You’re right! I didn’t have a cat surgically implanted in my chest. That’s absurd!

-Friend rolls his eyes and leaves.

-Main character looks up to the sky (“Thank you, God”) and turns to leave. He walks off-frame and the camera slowly zooms in on the place he had been sitting, as concluding music begins to play.

**Optional ending:
-Concluding music ends abruptly and there’s a loud meow mixed with screaming and the tearing of flesh.

(-A cat walks through the frame.)

Options:
    -All of the names still have to be decided. Assign cast member names as desired, or do whatever.

-None of this has to happen at night. If necessary, the main character can go out in the morning and wake up the next morning. There could be a scene when he wakes up where he’s confused and he asks someone what time it is:
    MC: What time is it?
    Passerby: 9 AM.
    MC: What!? But I left my house at 9:30!
    -or-
    MC: Oh, ok. I’ve only been gone for an hour, then. Wait. What day is it?
    Passerby: Tuesday.
    MC: Holy crap!

-The cat could be a hamster or something if the lack of a huge increase in stomach size makes this so exaggeratedly outrageous that it takes away from the humour instead of adding to it.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 03 Dec 2007, 04:07

Before anyone thinks of putting "TL;DR", seriously read it. It's funny as hell! I love it.
lol 69

Postby lol 69 » 03 Dec 2007, 04:13

Incomplete is right. There's a lot of funny potential here, though. Just fill in the blanks with something or other and you too could be well on your way to winning our wonderful vacation to scenic Florida. I mean make a funny video. I ramble sometimes.
L!!!
Android

Postby Android » 03 Dec 2007, 13:22

Actually that is pretty good. I'd suggest it as a new Evil Inc. video.
Simmemann

Postby Simmemann » 03 Dec 2007, 13:38

Android wrote:Actually that is pretty good. I'd suggest it as a new Evil Inc. video.

I agree. Evil Inc.'s boss i perfect for the evil role. And for some reason, I see James as the unlucky fellow.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 03 Dec 2007, 20:39

Simmemann wrote:
Android wrote:Actually that is pretty good. I'd suggest it as a new Evil Inc. video.

I agree. Evil Inc.'s boss i perfect for the evil role. And for some reason, I see James as the unlucky fellow.

Or to really mess with people, Paul as the victim and the Evil Inc head.
The Pious Flea

Postby The Pious Flea » 03 Dec 2007, 20:59

Ironically, I have already written an Evil Inc. script with James as the obvious victim and Paul as the subtle victim.

We'll see if it ever gets made into a vid. (I wouldn't hold your breath.)
I require a dance of intellect. Put on your thinking shoes!

Dance with us, LRR! Dance with us into oblivion!

Do not question me! I control your arms!
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 03 Dec 2007, 21:47

tak197 wrote:
Simmemann wrote:

Or to really mess with people, Paul as the victim and the Evil Inc head.
That would be funny. You also might want the friend to be the assistant and have him knock his "friend" (the victim) out.
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
Android

Postby Android » 05 Dec 2007, 02:10

That would be funny. You also might want the friend to be the assistant and have him knock his "friend" (the victim) out.

I'ma going to say no to graham knocking out paul because it wouldn't happen in real life. In all the Evil INC vids with unevil paul he's been "real life paul...in Evil INC situations." as for the Paul-Paul confrontation that'd be cool.
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 10 Dec 2007, 22:16

Android wrote:

I'ma going to say no to graham knocking out paul because it wouldn't happen in real life. In all the Evil INC vids with unevil paul he's been "real life paul...in Evil INC situations." as for the Paul-Paul confrontation that'd be cool.

But why can't he knock paul out, it might happen if evil paul told Grahm to knock paul out.

Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 24 Dec 2007, 15:16

Simmemann wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Get out of my head! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! :shock:
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!

Return to “Video Suggestions”