Down with the Sickness: Emo

Is there something you want to see? Give us suggestions here.

To keep them from clogging the actual thread:

TL,DR
43%
TL,NF
No votes
Other
57%

Total votes: 14
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Down with the Sickness: Emo

Postby tak197 » 12 Dec 2007, 01:19

So I was thinking about video ideas I had when out of nowhere, this gem hit me.

Basically, you see one of the cast members, preferably one who hasn't been afflicted in an illness related video (I suggest James) go through the video with this odd change in appearance, though he acts as if nothing is wrong, until he notices a lump in his pocket: a Dashboard CD. The vid would go like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scene 1:
-James walks into the house, a little confused. "I just ran into Ash, and she blushed and giggled as she passed me." {Ash has admitted to emo guys as a guilty pleasure in a podcast}
-Graham looks up from his computer and says, "You must have your fl... WHOA, dude what happened to your hair?"
-shot of James with black spikey hair "you are the third person to ask me that. I didn't do anything to it.
-G: Are you sure? It seems a lot darker than usual.
-J: Yeah I'm sure. Also, Morgan and the other guys seem to really be annoyed with me for some reason. Did I mess up the podcast last week or something?
-G: Oh dear. The podcast never got put up, and in its place was this whiney poetry, read by someone with your voice. James, can you turn around for a second? (J spins slowly) STOP! Dude, something is wrong with your ass.
-J: Graham, first you tell me that somethings wrong with my hair and then something is wrong with my ass. (Reaches back to back pocket of jeans) Wait a minute. (reaches into pocket) Graham, something is in my pocket. I didn't put anything back there. (getting scared) Help me bro.
-G: (Worried now) James, don't panic. It may not be as bad as you think. Just breathe and pull it out.
-J: (pulls out CD case and looks at it) Oh my god... (drops CD case and begins to cry and shake)
-G: (picks up CD case, "Dashboard Confessional", consoles James) It's gonna be alright. Let's get to the doctor and see what he says

Scene 2:
-Testing sequence of vials of clear liquid, computer printing
-Looking through a file labeled "Turner, J.A.", doctor shakes his head
-J: Okay, Doc. I'm ready to hear it. How bad is it? (James is now in black sweater, black fingernail polish, emo hairstyle, etc holding girlfriend's hand with Graham standing behind them)
-Doctor: Mr. Turner, after reading over your results, you are in the middle stages of Emo disease, also known as Crocker syndrome.
-girlfriend weeps quietly, Graham hangs head defeated, James sits in astonishment
-J: Am I gonna die from it? Can it be cured?
-Doc: I'm not going to lie to you, the prognosis at this stage is grim at best, but with a few rounds of agressive treatment, we may be able to control it or cure it. But we have to start treatments now for you to have any chance.
-J: Okay doc. I'm ready.

Scene 3:
-Montage of Emotherapy (whatever that looks like to you)
-Shots of Parents trying to support james
-James progressively losing whatever one loses with emotherapy
-James needing to go to the hospital for emergency procedure for bad reaction
-Kilabyte/64K coming in to visit a sick James at home in bed
-Flowers and cards all over screen from supporters

Scene 4:
-Black screen with "one year later"
-Doctor reading through charts again, this time nodding
-Doctor: Mr. Turner, after reviewing the most recent test findings, I am happy to tell you...you are cured. There is no trace of the disease in your system.
-James: That's great doctor. But will it come back?
-Doc: there is always that possibility, but with the right changes to your lifestyle, we can ensure your constant health.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Simmemann

Postby Simmemann » 12 Dec 2007, 02:46

this could work...
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 12 Dec 2007, 02:51

TL;DR

But I'm sure the crew would love to read it.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 12 Dec 2007, 05:02

Ah, sounds remotely like the last "Thing gets sick and everyone supports" idea here, it was about the camera having a near-fatal accident and everyone supporting it through it's recovery stages. All though, I do admit any video that picks on emo people is A-Ok by my standards. :D +Seeing James Emo would make me laffle.
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 12 Dec 2007, 14:46

part of me writing this was that i thought "catching emo" would be funny to watch, but then the idea of "Emotherapy" as a cure was amuisng.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 12 Dec 2007, 15:06

Meh.

It's basically Gorgeous, but with a more drawn out conclusion, I think.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 12 Dec 2007, 17:53

I didn't get "emotherapy" until I said it out loud. Then I roffled.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 12 Dec 2007, 19:41

I do hate emos...
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 21 Dec 2007, 20:55

This would be great I was loling while reading, I hope it get's put in a video
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
The Pious Flea

Postby The Pious Flea » 21 Dec 2007, 21:20

Send them the ideas.

Do not post the ideas on the forum.
I require a dance of intellect. Put on your thinking shoes!

Dance with us, LRR! Dance with us into oblivion!

Do not question me! I control your arms!
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 21 Dec 2007, 21:34

God forbid you post suggestions in the suggestion forum.

Unheard of.
I can't think of a signature.
Unclever title

Postby Unclever title » 23 Dec 2007, 17:47

I think the idea is not to post full scripts but to submit ideas or basic script example pieces. The crew has no problem in getting or using scripts written by other people, IF they choose to use it, but it might be best to email them the script rather than to post it where we all see it thus gaining the whole plot idea, but then again, this doesnt stop them from making it or us from enjoying it and it could be different anyway, but I believe that was the point being made.

Anyway Im sad right now because my apostrophes arent working. It just Firefox just keeps opening a quick find thing.

Oh, and good idea.
My train of thought is more like a roller coaster that has loop de loops and no safety bars.
I don't know if I'm tall enough to ride.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 24 Dec 2007, 07:12

Unclever title wrote:I think the idea is not to post full scripts but to submit ideas or basic script example pieces. The crew has no problem in getting or using scripts written by other people, IF they choose to use it, but it might be best to email them the script rather than to post it where we all see it thus gaining the whole plot idea, but then again, this doesnt stop them from making it or us from enjoying it and it could be different anyway, but I believe that was the point being made.

Anyway Im sad right now because my apostrophes arent working. It just Firefox just keeps opening a quick find thing.

Oh, and good idea.

Thanks.

RE Flea: If you notice, this is the FRAMEWORK of the idea, not the friggin script. It just has a lot of detail because the idea warrents it.
Protoman

Postby Protoman » 15 Jan 2008, 21:59

This idea almost captures my hatred of emos.. I want to see this if it actually gets used.
The Pious Flea

Postby The Pious Flea » 16 Jan 2008, 06:53

CyberTractor wrote:God forbid you post suggestions in the suggestion forum.

Suggestions, sure. But ideas given public attention are less likely to be used.

And developing the ideas in the Suggestion Forum is just bad, because that development is then invalid.
I require a dance of intellect. Put on your thinking shoes!

Dance with us, LRR! Dance with us into oblivion!

Do not question me! I control your arms!
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 16 Jan 2008, 13:15

The Pious Flea wrote:
CyberTractor wrote:God forbid you post suggestions in the suggestion forum.

Suggestions, sure. But ideas given public attention are less likely to be used.

And developing the ideas in the Suggestion Forum is just bad, because that development is then invalid.

I'm pretty sure the crew are the only ones who can be sure of that.

While I agree that posting entire scripts isn't a great idea, it is really not very nice, or your place, to tell people what they can and cannot post!

tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 16 Jan 2008, 15:53

Emma is very correct on this, Flea. When it comes down to it, the crew has the final say on whatever videos are made. The insinuation that ideas posted on the forums are invalid is ludicrous. If you have forgotten, the LoadingReadyRumble, Daylight Savings, The Secret Life of Toast, and a few other videos have been directly inspired from forum postings.

I honestly am starting to become offended by the posts you have made recently.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 07 Jun 2008, 14:38

I have decided that, even though I don't have the camera or cast to make this a video, I will have to write up this script myself. I keep thinking about "emotherapy". Graham, if you guys want to see what the script looks like after I get it done, I can always email it to you.
CaesarMagnus

Postby CaesarMagnus » 13 Dec 2009, 23:39

I like the concept. I would certainly look forward to see this realized. There seems to be a lot of potenital in it.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Re: Down with the Sickness: Emo

Postby tak197 » 13 Dec 2009, 23:44

SONOFA... sorry guys, i should have known a bump topic button would do that. On the bright side, I read through this script/concept again, and I foundit just as rediculous as when I wrote it. Probably because of the new format of cHustle, it may work as perhaps the "very special episode" of cHustle.

My main concern is that it doesn't have blatent 'jokes' in it, but then I realized that the humor would come best by the fact that the script would be COMPLETELY serious. Kinda the same way that "Those Games We Played" was a serious video.

In short, sorry for the uber-epic-necrophail, but I think this idea may be a pet project of mine or the crews (your call guys).
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 14 Dec 2009, 00:55

It'd be interesting to see James go through the Stages of Grief as depicted in "The Stages." Or just have him on-screen taking a bite out of summer squash early in his emotherapy, with Graham watching sadly...
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 14 Dec 2009, 04:42

I reckon it's not a bad idea. Definitely won't work without a solid ending joke, though. It wouldn't really be funny as a "James gets emo, James gets better" sketch; it needs to be "James gets emo, James gets better, BUT...". Did you come up with anything?
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 14 Dec 2009, 04:45

How about emo being contagious? James gets emo, the crew helps him through it. Then at the end, Paul sneezes and says, "You guys just don't understand Dashboard Confessionals."
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 14 Dec 2009, 04:47

Arius wrote:How about emo being contagious? James gets emo, the crew helps him through it. Then at the end, Paul sneezes and says, "You guys just don't understand Dashboard Confessionals."

Thats funny but how come it took a year for it to transmit to James? Maybe the timing there would have to change?
Nothing to see here.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 14 Dec 2009, 04:54

Paul could have been hiding it.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑

Return to “Video Suggestions”