Official "Ask An Alex" Question Thread

Is there something you want to see? Give us suggestions here.
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 20 May 2008, 14:28

Dear Alex,

Welding goggles or glacier goggles?

Signed,

Glacier Engoggled
Shea

Postby Shea » 20 May 2008, 14:51

Dear Alex, do you import games at all? If so, what?

Also, crying babies vs. Jack Thompson, who's more annoying?
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 20 May 2008, 16:11

Dear Alex: Do you like me?
Is it because I'm fat?
FINE THEN.
i dont know what's happening anymore
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 20 May 2008, 16:37

After video 1's showing of cool items you own, what is the single coolest item you own?

and.. what is your favorite type of music and (if possible) favorite band?
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 20 May 2008, 19:10

Dear Alex,

Are those goggles prescription, or do they do nothing?

Do you like my avatar?

What kind of camera do you have?
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Shea

Postby Shea » 20 May 2008, 20:33

Dear Goggled One, do you watch any animated shows?

Also, who is your favorite comedian?
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
StoneageRocker
Ret-con'd: Correct

Postby StoneageRocker » 21 May 2008, 15:11

Alex: What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow (African not European)
In England.........

Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 21 May 2008, 15:14

Dear Alex,

Why are you so fantastic?

Yours,

RC
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

Zombaholic
First Video: Bioshocked

Postby Zombaholic » 21 May 2008, 19:06

Dear Alex

Have you thought of taking over Pauls beard and or Grahams stubble? If so, your weapons of choice and theme song while attempting such a feat

Also, Tube socks. Yay, or nay?

Signed

A concerned citizen
Ask me anything about Reboot!
Don't ask me anything about reboot
orn310
First Video: Daylight Savings

Postby orn310 » 21 May 2008, 20:54

Dear Alex,
Who?
What?
When?
Where?
Why?
and How?
Alex
flareism

Postby flareism » 21 May 2008, 21:41

Dear Alex,

Insert question here.

Sincerely,
Your Subconscious
Got Flare?
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 21 May 2008, 22:52

Dear Alex,

What do you like more? Getting paid, or breathing?
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
notslade

Postby notslade » 22 May 2008, 07:37

i can't think of any other question at the moment then:

cake or death?

death or pie?

pie or taxes?

taxes or cake?

cake or death?
"one form of abstinence is to not touch used dating sims"
till next...
DontPanic

Postby DontPanic » 22 May 2008, 08:03

Dear Alex,

When do you think America will blow itself up while trying to create a new kind of Dorito?

Sincerely,
Jess
I am going to go watch a Image
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 22 May 2008, 08:14

Dear Mr. Alex,

Are you a fan of Mike Patton or his bands (Mr. Bungle, Tomahawk, Fantômas, The Dillinger Escape Plan, and Peeping Tom) and what do you think of his recent works in video games (The Darkness, Portal[angry orb]) and movies (I am Legend - all the monsters)

(Feel free to not to use this first one)

Do you have a favorite hat? and whats the back story behind it?

I have this girl i know who is in a break up get back together realationship, i keep on telling her to dump him and never take him back, but she keeps setting herself up just to get dumped again (she is heartbroken each time). What should i do/say?

thats about it.. have fun mr alex sir!

From Dark_realm aka PT aka Pete
CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 22 May 2008, 14:10

dark_realm wrote:I have this girl i know who is in a break up get back together realationship, i keep on telling her to dump him and never take him back, but she keeps setting herself up just to get dumped again (she is heartbroken each time). What should i do/say?

Well I dunno about Alex, but Graham and Morgan would probably suggest a Boot To The Coot.

~Alja~
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 22 May 2008, 15:03

Dear Alex,

My earbuds broke and now are only playing out of the left ear, is there a headphone/earbud brand you could suggest?

-kkief02
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
orn310
First Video: Daylight Savings

Postby orn310 » 22 May 2008, 20:04

kkief02 wrote:Dear Alex,

My earbuds broke and now are only playing out of the left ear, is there a headphone/earbud brand you could suggest?

-kkief02

Well there are probably two different things wrong with your headphones, that I bet the other Alex couldn't help you with.
The first one is of course the obvious one, your headphone's sodder connection came loose and you need to buy a new one, but chances are that isn't the problem. What your problem probably is well, your MP3 Player/Computer/Phone/Game system's headphones got pulled out at an angle too much, and the connection bridging the Electronic to your headphone has literally gone flat, to diagnose this you can do one of two things, preferably in this order: Borrow someone else's headphones to test if it is the sodder connection that has gone bad, If that didn't fix it then apply pressure to the headphone plug, and rotate that pressure, with the headphones in the ear to check the connection.
To fix the sodder problem, just go out to your faceless computer store and buy a new pair
To fix the connection problem, that's a little bit more complicated, and I cant cover it here completely, but look online for your device, and replacement headphone jack. If you really want instructions on how to fix your headphone jack, I could provide help with that if you were a little bit more specific in your reply, and told me what kind of device your trying to use your headphones with, but none the less.
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 22 May 2008, 20:40

orn310 wrote:
kkief02 wrote:Dear Alex,

-kkief02

Well there are probably two different things wrong with your headphones, that I bet the other Alex couldn't help you with.
The first one is of course the obvious one, your headphone's sodder connection came loose and you need to buy a new one, but chances are that isn't the problem. What your problem probably is well, your MP3 Player/Computer/Phone/Game system's headphones got pulled out at an angle too much, and the connection bridging the Electronic to your headphone has literally gone flat, to diagnose this you can do one of two things, preferably in this order: Borrow someone else's headphones to test if it is the sodder connection that has gone bad, If that didn't fix it then apply pressure to the headphone plug, and rotate that pressure, with the headphones in the ear to check the connection.
To fix the sodder problem, just go out to your faceless computer store and buy a new pair
To fix the connection problem, that's a little bit more complicated, and I cant cover it here completely, but look online for your device, and replacement headphone jack. If you really want instructions on how to fix your headphone jack, I could provide help with that if you were a little bit more specific in your reply, and told me what kind of device your trying to use your headphones with, but none the less.
Well my MP3 player is what i was trying to use these headphones with and i have checked them with other devices and they only play out of the left ear. I have also checked my MP3 player with other headphones and it works fine. I think your right that the headphones got pulled at an angle because when i twist it around i can get bursts of sound and sometimes short bits of sound that go away if it moves slightly. But if I don't keep it at that specific place then the sound goes away out of the right ear. My earbuds aren't that important to me so that I would got out and buy replacement parts, but if there is a cheap fix to it I could do that, but otherwise I just want to buy new ones. Which is why I was asking if there was a specific brand/type of earbud/headphones. If you have any suggestions for how to fix my earbuds, or what to buy then please reply and tell me.

Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 22 May 2008, 21:21

Working at Radioshack has been infinitly useful in daily life, i suggest it for everyone, just bail once they give you your training. which is pretty much "Wait until customers come in asking a problem the manager knows how to deal with, and watch him"

Resolder the wires.
Radioshack or The Source(US or Canada, respectivly) has parts, or new headphones.

If you want new headphones, The Source has 3 year warranties availiable on most of theirs, so if they do what this one did, they'll replace it, i think its unlimited untill the years expire.
you could get shitty $5 ones that come with little $10 FM radios, or $50 ones with microwoofers and sound cancelling and are pretty to look at in general.

Your choice.
^_^
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 22 May 2008, 21:38

These are the headphones I currently have
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5684892
.....yeah.....

(I got them at fred meyer but their website is so user search unfriendly it's not even funny)

Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 22 May 2008, 21:44

IMO? not worth the time to fix them ^_^
Do the Catterpillar!

*wiggle wiggle*
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 22 May 2008, 21:56

Yeah, that's why I was saying I didn't care enough for them to fix them; and was wondering if Alex could suggest a good pair for me.

Alex Steacy
First Video: Beats me! No seriously Graham hits me.

Postby Alex Steacy » 22 May 2008, 23:55

kkief02 wrote:Yeah, that's why I was saying I didn't care enough for them to fix them; and was wondering if Alex could suggest a good pair for me.

Tell you what, I'll suggest a pair of good headphones if you guys keep the shop talk to PMs or email. Let's not forget this thread is ostensibly for gathering questions, not answers.

Deal?
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 23 May 2008, 00:12

but then i cant maybe help bystanders with my incredible knowlege about stuff people i knew know that i half know!

Sorry, ill be good.

Dear Alex,
Shatner. Yay or nay?
Do the Catterpillar!

*wiggle wiggle*

Return to “Video Suggestions”