Max Effect

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Ash

Postby Ash » 02 Feb 2008, 22:49

wow. they parody the same thing you guys parody and can't think of anything better to do than say penis 40 times, AND they have the chode to say that you fail.

sounds like someone's afraid of you stealing the "internet comedy glory" if they aren't willing to congradulate you for having a good idea.
WARNING: This motion picture contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
NachoManLance
First Video: The Stages

Postby NachoManLance » 02 Feb 2008, 22:54

Ash wrote:wow. they parody the same thing you guys parody and can't think of anything better to do than say penis 40 times, AND they have the chode to say that you fail.

sounds like someone's afraid of you stealing the "internet comedy glory" if they aren't willing to congradulate you for having a good idea.

I kinda got that impression too. I know a lot of us could've wished we came up with the idea, or at least wrote in that fashion. It was pretty idiotic to just stoop down to a whole lower level by making penis jokes continuously.

In my own rude opinion, they even look like idiots. Which probably means they're American.
http://twitter.com/NachoManLance

<Witty quote that induces a chuckle>
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 03 Feb 2008, 00:34

Their video : Comedy :: Hitler : Judaism

They claimed theat LRR failed at being funny, but they can only use penis jokes? Lame.

HEY DUMBASS, L2COMEDY PLZ!
YourBlankFile

Postby YourBlankFile » 03 Feb 2008, 09:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m3bO4uDwjY
Epileptic Gaming fails miserably at making Cloverfield "deleted scenes"

Further evidence that that particular comedy brigade has absolutely no grasp over comedy.

Generally gay/penis/attempts-at-gaming jokes
The Pious Flea

Postby The Pious Flea » 03 Feb 2008, 10:14

tak197 wrote:Their video : Comedy :: Hitler : Judaism

Holocaust references : comedy :: presbycusis :: rutabaga
I require a dance of intellect. Put on your thinking shoes!

Dance with us, LRR! Dance with us into oblivion!

Do not question me! I control your arms!
Ash

Postby Ash » 03 Feb 2008, 10:31

YourBlankFile wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m3bO4uDwjY
Epileptic Gaming fails miserably at making Cloverfield "deleted scenes"

Further evidence that that particular comedy brigade has absolutely no grasp over comedy.

Generally gay/penis/attempts-at-gaming jokes

I couldn't even finish watching that, it's so boring. I mean it might be funny if it was live and they were thinking those up on the spot or something, but that's weak for something that was obviously thought about and chosen as their best ideas.
WARNING: This motion picture contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 03 Feb 2008, 12:02

Wow, those Cloverfield scenes are godawful.
I'm really not worried about these guys at all.
YourBlankFile

Postby YourBlankFile » 03 Feb 2008, 12:44

Indeed. Like you implied earlier, They have their own audience; people who think saying dick,penis,or gay as many times as possible while still adding dialogue is comedy gold.
theProphetSuz

Postby theProphetSuz » 03 Feb 2008, 15:17

This video reminded me a lot of the Fox News send up in the Simpsons episode where Krusty runs for congress.
"Welcome to Fox News, your voice for evil."

Nice work.
Green Eggs and Hampire
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 03 Feb 2008, 15:30

I commented on that video that, among other things, the LRR slam in the comment for the video was inappropriate. I got a response a few minutes later that said:

EpilecticGaming wrote: Just as inappropriate as millions of penises in Mass Effect... it was a joke just like the rest of the video.

To which I responded:

King Kool wrote: It wasn't funny, just like the rest of the video.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 03 Feb 2008, 15:55

I can see them trying to argue that it wasn't funny because it's not THEIR brand of funny. They wouldn't like the site anyway. Really the only video that would appeal to them would be Job Hunt, because Kathleen wanted poop jokes. Maybe Morgan's Problem, with the SED, but that's pretty borderline.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 03 Feb 2008, 16:39

tak197 wrote:Maybe Morgan's Problem, with the SED, but that's pretty borderline.

I thought that was really gross, but still funny. I didn't even want to imagine what was actually on the door (though now that I think of it, I might see if there's a podcast to reveal that to me).

Gross, stupid, violent, and other generally bad things, can be funny when there's some irony or some legitimate observations about the target. What those guys do is just mockery, because they can't be bothered to observe what they don't like.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 03 Feb 2008, 17:02

Guys, I appreciate the wish to give them a hard time, but they're really not worth the effort.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 03 Feb 2008, 17:32

Graham wrote:Guys, I appreciate the wish to give them a hard time, but they're really not worth the effort.

I'd hardly consider it an effort. I'm not doing this to defend LRR's honor because it's self-evident who has the better content. I assure you this won't become a long campaign. I've said my piece to them, and now I'm back here.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 03 Feb 2008, 17:44

Well, I assure you that we won't be responding to them. As far as I'm concerned, they can continue making penis and gay jokes, unfettered.
Splunge

Postby Splunge » 04 Feb 2008, 00:11

As far as I'm concerned, they can continue making penis and gay jokes, unfettered.

Hehe, unfettered.
Fun is the feedback the brain gives while successfully absorbing a pattern - Raph Koster
I'm think I might be indirectly responsible for Bagel Time!
Oxford
First Video: The Whatever Thing

Postby Oxford » 04 Feb 2008, 03:05

Wow. Epileptic's parody was fucking terrible. Penises aren't funny.

But enough about them, Great job LRR! I thought this film was hilarious! And it is indeed funny how Matt solves his problem with violence. It's like Starship Troopers and many video games taught him something.
9 out of 10 Americans believe that out of 10 people 1 American will always disagree with the other 9.
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 04 Feb 2008, 03:21

Whoa, I'm reading the absolute crapfest suck on Epileptic's parody to be...OVER 9000!!!?

-_- Seriously, words fail to describe how much I want to find and brutally maim these guys. So, perhaps I should buy a plane ticket to America and express with various firearms how I feel.

GAH, while I commend you taking the high road and not retaliating...doesn't that just piss you off to no end? Why in Gods name would someone who calls themselves a comedian sink as low as to bag ANOTHER comedian...for no real fucking reason? What, are they annoyed because you guys are better than them at comedy? Did you guys have a pissing match and they lost? Did you guys introduce Lavos to their forums??? Seriously....a hearty "WTF!?!?!" to those guys. >.<

GAH. I would comment on their video, but I'd be so horribly ganked with everyone going "OMG LRR GTO PWN3D!!!!!1" that I don't even want to bother.

Edit: Watched the Cloverfield deleted scenes.....I believe if my sense of humour ever becomes this crude, I will take the rock star route and kill myself. How can they think that is funny? The entire thing just screams of "LOL I'M GAY" jokes. Didn't need a movie to tell us that, did ya?

Ignoring the terrible humour and looking at it from a purely analytical side, if they were REALLY keen on that skit they needed to A: Learn what the hell depth is and B: Spend the effort to blur people out so they looked a little more into the movie rather than "LOL, GREEN SCREEN.". God, their entire sense of humour just seems out of balance to what is SUPPOSED to be funny. The fact I know people who would laugh at his just makes me want to set off many small Hydrogen bombs into the general public.

AAARG, these guys don't deserve the right to do comedy.

GACH. :evil:
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
Oxford

Postby Oxford » 04 Feb 2008, 04:02

Unlucky wrote:AAARG, these guys don't deserve the right to do comedy.

GACH. :evil:

Absolutely.
9 out of 10 Americans believe that out of 10 people 1 American will always disagree with the other 9.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 04 Feb 2008, 07:48

LRR has no need to worry. They have twice as many views.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 04 Feb 2008, 09:14

Meh. Senses of humour vary; that's why they're senses - there's no hard and fast, set-in-stone rules that "this is funny; that is not"; it's different from person to person.

There are times when I do enjoy coarse humour; no big. *shrug*

Mind you, I'm a little annoyed that this lot denigrated LRR, that crosses the line.

But as Graham has stated, they're not worth getting worked up over - I'm not even going to bother looking at their vids, since a) you've explained them sufficiently already here, and b) I don't wanna give them the hits. :)

And emma says it best: being better is revenge enough. :D
Oxford

Postby Oxford » 04 Feb 2008, 10:54

empath wrote:There's no hard and fast, set-in-stone rules that "this is funny; that is not"; it's different from person to person.

I don't know about that. The Holocaust isn't funny. AIDs aren't funny. Nuclear meltdowns aren't funny. Getting kicked in the balls isn't funny. Well, maybe for people seeing that happen, it's funny. Crime isn't funny... The list goes on and on.

So there ARE things that aren't funny in general, but some comics take that stuff too far. South Park was kinda pushing it with their "AIDs is finally funny" show.
Tirk

Postby Tirk » 04 Feb 2008, 16:28

To the topic on hand. Fantastic video guys! These videos always give my week a boost ^^
Bryy M. Miller
First Video: Dinosaur

Postby Bryy M. Miller » 20 Feb 2008, 19:38

Mario Kart Double Dash. Oh yeah.
foxtrot_MGS

Postby foxtrot_MGS » 24 Feb 2008, 15:41

This does remind me of watching discussions of violent games on the news. The seem bias sometimes.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”