Phailhaus - 02

For videos that aren't... y'know... "real". Whatever Thing, Phailhaüs, etc.
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 09 Feb 2008, 10:27

That phailed Graham. (In a good way.)

I rofled with the Matt bit. Awesome.
Loggins

Postby Loggins » 09 Feb 2008, 10:43

Hey, Desert Bus Viewer who registered back then and is just now getting around to posting.

After DB I went and watched a bunch of your videos and absolutely loved The Whatever Thing, only to find out that it was pretty much discontinued before I ever even came around. I'm glad you're doing it's spiritual successor. And giraphphe made me laugh out loud, at work, so thanks for that.
OmegaZultan

Postby OmegaZultan » 09 Feb 2008, 10:58

The OH SHI- ending was pure win.
--OmegaZultan--
When the world ends, Bill begins.
Citin

Postby Citin » 09 Feb 2008, 11:38

Graham thank you for endeavouring so hard to bring us such joy every week. Obviously yhe only reason you get to pick on the Germans so much is because of how close they are to the Dutch... We all know who the real mastermind behind the craziness in the world is
"I'll be in Africa. If you need me just phone Africa, I told them to expect your call." - The Pointy Haired Boss
wilson_x1999
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wilson_x1999 » 09 Feb 2008, 12:30

You're phailing really hard Graham, way to go!

I think Matt just did the performance of his career, he wins internets for that amazing display of talent.

Citin wrote:Graham thank you for endeavouring so hard to bring us such joy every week. Obviously yhe only reason you get to pick on the Germans so much is because of how close they are to the Dutch... We all know who the real mastermind behind the craziness in the world is

THE DUTCH of course... AGAIN!
anotherearth

Postby anotherearth » 09 Feb 2008, 12:54

weird!

There are a lot of posts, but the views counter reads "0".....

(downloading it now! can't wait!)
Splunge

Postby Splunge » 09 Feb 2008, 14:29

weird!

There are a lot of posts, but the views counter reads "0".....

If I recall correctly, the new view-count system is run off Revver's own view statistics, which aren't updated in real time. Give it some time, and the view count should appear when Revver updates the stats.
Fun is the feedback the brain gives while successfully absorbing a pattern - Raph Koster
I'm think I might be indirectly responsible for Bagel Time!
Zombaholic
First Video: Bioshocked

Postby Zombaholic » 09 Feb 2008, 14:48

I liked the idea of the "Pic of the Day" and I'm just wondering if you're going to do that again in future phail cakes live episodes.

Also

Use stronger tranquilizers
Ask me anything about Reboot!
Don't ask me anything about reboot
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 09 Feb 2008, 14:53

Cuttlefishman wrote:Did you actually do that with sleeping matt, or was he really awake?

Looked like he was actually asleep to me. Can we get any other opinions on this? I mean, all the evidence points to Matt being a very sound sleeper... Right?

Great video. Keep 'em coming!
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 09 Feb 2008, 15:34

Matt sleeps soundly, but there's a limit, right? He was pretending.

And yes, Pic of the Day will return, but only when (unlike this week) I have something funny to say.
theduckthief

Postby theduckthief » 09 Feb 2008, 16:09

More like 'Phunny Story' but whatever.

The end was the best part. Poor Matt, tranqued in the name of science, I mean, The Phailhaus.
In Soviet Russia Desert Bus crashes Bill twice!
orn310
First Video: Daylight Savings

viruses... EVERYWHERE

Postby orn310 » 09 Feb 2008, 18:12

The phs make me scared... who knows Benjamin Phranklin may be a new virus...

Mac and Unix users are so lucky... they don't need to deal with these viruses...
Faye

Postby Faye » 09 Feb 2008, 21:14

Entertaining! I also find the humor in using the "ph" instead of "f", even in front of my own name "Phaye"

anyways, the graphic you made/use for "Funny Story" should say "Phunny Story" then.

anyway, back to lurking....
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 09 Feb 2008, 21:24

This was made of win graham! Super phunny phail
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 09 Feb 2008, 22:21

The Pious Flea wrote:There should be a word for the amount of time between the introduction of a new technology and the application of said technology to genitalia.

If I didn't already have one I'd make that quote my forum signature.:D

I'm really thankful for the spiritual successor of The Whatever Thing but It's going to take some time getting used to the slightly altered format. One of the things I enjoyed most was the back & forth between Morgan & Graham which gave the videos a bit more energy. However, I do like that Graham is filming parts of these at work. Those bits are always funny & unexpected.... Was there ever an official explanation as to why Morgan stopped TWT?

There just seems to be a lot of weird goings on in Germany. Florida as well. Back when Adam Carolla was still on Love Line with Dr. Drew they'd play a game called "Germany or Florida" where listeners would call in with strange news articles from either place & the hosts would try to guess which place it came from.

After reading enough of these posts substituting the 'f' sound with 'ph' normal words like "phone" start to look wrong.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
The Pious Flea

Postby The Pious Flea » 09 Feb 2008, 22:28

Evil Jim wrote:Was there ever an official explanation as to why Morgan stopped TWT?

Yes: he's lazy.

No, really. That's the official explanation.
I require a dance of intellect. Put on your thinking shoes!

Dance with us, LRR! Dance with us into oblivion!

Do not question me! I control your arms!
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Re: wunderbar

Postby korri » 09 Feb 2008, 23:08

YAY!! i enjoy this new video stuff.. the only thing that bothers me is that i feel that if you have the umlaut over the u it should be pronounced germanish... if you know what i mean...
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
NachoManLance
First Video: The Stages

Postby NachoManLance » 10 Feb 2008, 00:13

Evil Jim wrote:Back when Adam Carolla was still on Love Line with Dr. Drew they'd play a game called "Germany or Florida" where listeners would call in with strange news articles from either place & the hosts would try to guess which place it came from.

OMFG, I loved Love Line w/ Adam Carolla. It just ins't the same anymore... (or is it still even there? I left when Adam did, he was the reason I listened in the first place)
http://twitter.com/NachoManLance

<Witty quote that induces a chuckle>
Evisr

Postby Evisr » 10 Feb 2008, 01:25

Once again updated on a friday...

I sense a trend coming :O
Oxford
First Video: The Whatever Thing

Postby Oxford » 10 Feb 2008, 03:05

I dephinitely gotta say, that philm was phucking phantastic. I guess we all know what Phinal Phantasy class Matt is now. He's a Black Mage!
9 out of 10 Americans believe that out of 10 people 1 American will always disagree with the other 9.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 10 Feb 2008, 04:19

Thunderbirds are a go! :lol:

Beautiphul work, you two!

And I think a new word has been coined: "Phail - 1. adj. To have the opposite of 'fail'; 2. v. To do the opposite of 'fail'." :D

I'm with Cake & ΩZoltan - the 'aphter show' is the phunniest part (though I think you cut it a phew microseconds late, Stiznark. ;) )

Phor what it's worth, Asimov had a contrary quirk; he believed the 'ph'...er, phoneme was redundant and we should write everything with 'f's - fone, fotograf, farmacy, and well, fail. :(

...But he's dead now, so we win. ;)
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 10 Feb 2008, 11:32

wilson_x1999 wrote:
Citin wrote:Graham thank you for endeavouring so hard to bring us such joy every week. Obviously yhe only reason you get to pick on the Germans so much is because of how close they are to the Dutch... We all know who the real mastermind behind the craziness in the world is

THE DUTCH of course... AGAIN!

at least we now know how to deal with those accursed bastards! Image
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 10 Feb 2008, 13:46

Well if it really annoys you, I GUESS I could stop doing "Third" posts...Altough to be fair, I was using it as a placeholder, but then I fell asleep.

I enjoyed it. I liked the first better, but still awesome. Thanks for picking up Morgan's slack!
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 10 Feb 2008, 16:16

Evil Jim wrote: After reading enough of these posts substituting the 'f' sound with 'ph' normal words like "phone" start to look wrong.

Which is why words that actually start with 'ph' are replaced with f so phone is actually fone

Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 10 Feb 2008, 16:18

Evisr wrote:Once again updated on a friday...

I sense a trend coming :O
It was saturday when this was posted.......

Return to “Bonus Video”