Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Daco
First Video: can't remember

Postby Daco » 02 Apr 2008, 14:32

kimmeekimkim wrote:Somehow I think defending Pancakeland/Canada from the Dutch Penguin invasion will not affect the music scene in Europe, regardless of personal feelings towards the quality of techno (or, for that matter, the free hash) produced there. We should have a line of early warning beacons set up to play the Arrogant Worms up north, though, just in case. :P
so we have polar bears,pingiuns and worms? o.O XD

and hi gunz
kimmeekimkim

Postby kimmeekimkim » 02 Apr 2008, 20:26

Daco wrote:so we have polar bears,pingiuns and worms? o.O XD

we most certainly do! God Save Pancakeland!

And hello, lovely lovely new peeps!
Smallpoxxer

Postby Smallpoxxer » 03 Apr 2008, 14:50

I am guessing that this topic should either move or be taken out back and shot to put it out of its misery. "Come on girl, it will all be over soon" *dog pain*
If you can't laugh at yourself, just laugh at other people.
AndyTheSkanker

Postby AndyTheSkanker » 04 Apr 2008, 04:39

kimmeekimkim wrote:Somehow I think defending Pancakeland/Canada from the Dutch Penguin invasion will not affect the music scene in Europe, regardless of personal feelings towards the quality of techno (or, for that matter, the free hash) produced there. We should have a line of early warning beacons set up to play the Arrogant Worms up north, though, just in case. :P

Lemme put it this way, if it fucks up the scandinavian metal scene I'm gon have to cut-a-bitch.
Kick her in the taco, paco
Non Sequiteur Champagne!
Whatchamabiscut

Postby Whatchamabiscut » 04 Apr 2008, 09:45

kimmeekimkim wrote:Somehow I think defending Pancakeland/Canada from the Dutch Penguin invasion will not affect the music scene in Europe, regardless of personal feelings towards the quality of techno (or, for that matter, the free hash) produced there.

You'd think that. But then you'd be wrong.
Jarannis

Postby Jarannis » 04 Apr 2008, 13:51

Hi, my name is Chris, I'm 17, I'm a Coloradan and I watched all of LRR marathon-style (with gaming breaks, of course) in three days.

I'm a big fan of Ctrl-Alt-Del, Megatokyo, Applegeeks, XKCD, and various other webcomics.

I'm also trying to improve my art enough to start my own webcomic in a manga-like style.

Oh, and my LRR shirt is in the mail... can't wait XD
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 04 Apr 2008, 14:55

Hey, Chris! welcome to the forums!
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
Niels

Postby Niels » 05 Apr 2008, 00:46

Hey
I'm Niels-Henrik, a Danish guy living in Norway at the moment.
3D Film Production student, graduating in june provided I ever get my final project done.

Been a huge fan of LRR since Quantom Documentary, tried to sign up for the forums a few years ago, never got the confirmation e-mail so I didn't get far with that.
Whatchamabiscut

Postby Whatchamabiscut » 05 Apr 2008, 02:30

Does that make you Norwish?
DicyDax

Postby DicyDax » 05 Apr 2008, 09:09

Niels wrote:Hey
I'm Niels-Henrik, a Danish guy living in Norway at the moment.
3D Film Production student, graduating in june provided I ever get my final project done.

Been a huge fan of LRR since Quantom Documentary, tried to sign up for the forums a few years ago, never got the confirmation e-mail so I didn't get far with that.

Godmorgen min kære danske medborger!
HURR DURR!
Nomadic
First Video: Serious Cravings

Postby Nomadic » 05 Apr 2008, 11:44

Jarannis wrote:I'm a big fan of Ctrl-Alt-Del, Megatokyo, Applegeeks, XKCD, and various other webcomics.

I'm also trying to improve my art enough to start my own webcomic in a manga-like style.

Welcome, Chris! I'm yet another webcomic addict, so "been there done that." And as for starting a webcomic...it's easier and yet harder than you think. In the wise words of Kathleen (with a prelude from Graham):
"Dear Kathleen, no one reads my webcomic. Sincerely, Tim."
"Dear Tim, no one reads mine either. Keep at it. Sincerely, Kathleen."
Sooo...in other words, don't worry so much about your audience. Do it for yourself (regardless of what you think your art quality is like).
Successfully lurking since 1709.
Jarannis

Postby Jarannis » 05 Apr 2008, 15:13

Nomadic wrote:Sooo...in other words, don't worry so much about your audience. Do it for yourself (regardless of what you think your art quality is like).

Well see that's the thing, I'm not happy about my art... I don't really even want to see my own art anywhere... so if I improve it to something I can even remotely be happy with, then I'll start it up.
Daco
First Video: can't remember

Postby Daco » 06 Apr 2008, 02:08

Jarannis wrote:
Nomadic wrote:Sooo...in other words, don't worry so much about your audience. Do it for yourself (regardless of what you think your art quality is like).

Well see that's the thing, I'm not happy about my art... I don't really even want to see my own art anywhere... so if I improve it to something I can even remotely be happy with, then I'll start it up.
could i change your mind if i showed you mine?(btw i suck, for real >_>)
Niels

Postby Niels » 06 Apr 2008, 02:26

God morgen Dicy.

Does that make you Norwish?

Heh, I guess it kinda does. Still a danish citizen though, so only Norwegian by address.
Nomadic
First Video: Serious Cravings

Postby Nomadic » 06 Apr 2008, 07:12

Jarannis wrote:

My advice? Go to deviantArt and then just browse...see if you can absorb some of the skills of some of the awesome artists on there. The best way to get better is emulating someone who is better than you are until you surpass them and then you find someone new to surpass.

It's what I do. :)
Successfully lurking since 1709.
IIX4II

Postby IIX4II » 11 Apr 2008, 22:55

Greeting Loading Ready Run Forum Goers, I am IIX4II, I do hope I`ll be able to meet a few of you(atleast) more formally, BUT that aside you may be wondering "how did you find this place?" And I shall answer, through my good friend Zombaholic and now that I`m here I hope hilarity will ensue.

...*cough*
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 13 Apr 2008, 10:56

I <3 your avatar.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 14 Apr 2008, 02:36

I agree.

Also you have to add a closer to your img tag [/img]
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 16 Apr 2008, 03:05

Ello everyone (the lack of a H is intentional). I'm a Tv-Producer.....student (sounds so much better when not adding the student part...) from the frozen north of Sweden.

Right, what more to say? Other then the obvious fact that I'm a LRR fan, but that would be rather redundant, now wouldn't it? (Yay for redundancy).

I will give 5 points to whoever knows where my username comes from. Get to 1000 points and you win your own weight in beagles
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 16 Apr 2008, 03:08

Red Dwarf.

Duh, everybody knows that. Most of us grew up watching it on PBS, and various other places.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 16 Apr 2008, 03:12

It's funny, I've used that nick for.... I don't know how many years and so far i've only met like 4 people who actually knew where it came from... looks like i've been hanging out with the wrong crowd
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 16 Apr 2008, 03:14

Well, Sweden. It's probably less commonly broadcasted, there.
We get a lot of British comedy here.

What's Sweden like? I was thinking about visiting, one day, as it's where my family is from(hence my last name).
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 16 Apr 2008, 05:43

I don't expect anyone from Sweden actually to know about RD, they haven't braodcast it here since like -99. So most of the people have actually been Canadians and americans...

Anyway; What's Sweden like?... good question. It all depends on what you mean. It's probebly not that different from say Canada. But then I haven't been there so I can't really compare the two.
Also, I would say that it depends on what part of Sweden we are talking about, as there are differances between the north and south (most people probebly think of the south when they think of Sweden)
IIX4II

Postby IIX4II » 17 Apr 2008, 21:13

emma wrote:I <3 your avatar.

Thank you ^^
Allen! wrote:I agree.

Also you have to add a closer to your img tag [/img]

yeah I noticed that took the wrong source code anyway xD but thanks none-the-less
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 18 Apr 2008, 05:08

Heh, your avatar rocks IIX4II

Return to “General Discussion”