Doctor Who Season Four (Spoilers)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 07 Apr 2008, 21:10

i agree, this episode was very doctor who-ish... and I AM IN LOVE WITH DAVID TENNANT!!!!

Donna is a nice change of pace from the young companions, however, how could she not be attracted to the doctor?!?! I mean come on, he's gorgeous!!

Also, one of the best parts of the episode was when the doctor and donna first meet and have the whole pantomime conversation and don't realize that everyone it watching.. it had me laughing.. another great part was when donna was like "You're still wearing the same suit, don't you ever change?"
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
scorpkahnpoop

Postby scorpkahnpoop » 08 Apr 2008, 04:23

All three companions are going to be seen in this season apparently.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 08 Apr 2008, 04:52

korri wrote:i agree, this episode was very doctor who-ish... and I AM IN LOVE WITH DAVID TENNANT!!!!

Donna is a nice change of pace from the young companions, however, how could she not be attracted to the doctor?!?! I mean come on, he's gorgeous!!

Also, one of the best parts of the episode was when the doctor and donna first meet and have the whole pantomime conversation and don't realize that everyone it watching.. it had me laughing.. another great part was when donna was like "You're still wearing the same suit, don't you ever change?"

Definitely. She's got all the wit of Martha, though not nearly as smart, makes up for it in pure sass.

I don't know, maybe if the Doctor would STOP TURNING INTO HOT YOUNG ACTORS things would be a lot easier for his young companions. D: We need another Tom Baker. Who could love a face like that?

Kidding, kidding. I love the fourth Doctor. I'm just not constantly compelled to have his babies. O_o His jelly babies, maybe, but not his regular ones.

The pantomime through the windows had me loling too. That was inspired.

Rose has had her chance (WITH TWO DIFFERENT DOCTORS. Greedy. D: ), now she's in an alternate universe. The writers need to leave her alone. Give new people a chance!

I'm going to savor this season. I can't believe we'll have to wait a whole year after this one is over. D: DAVID TENNANT YOU WERE MEANT TO PLAY THE DOCTOR OTHER PEOPLE CAN BE HAMLET WE NEEEEED YOU.
AndyTheSkanker

Postby AndyTheSkanker » 08 Apr 2008, 05:01

heh, it happens. He's hot, so he's forgiven. I loved the Wyle E. Coyote nod though, anyone else pick up on that?
Kick her in the taco, paco
Non Sequiteur Champagne!
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 08 Apr 2008, 05:13

Davies can't seem to get Torchwood off the ground, either.

If it wasn't for the pre-existing fanbase, I don't think people would be watching his attempts at science fiction/fantasy. Davies can't seem to write anything other than intricate romantic disasters.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 08 Apr 2008, 06:49

I am just happy they have a companion played by a 40 year old who weighs more than 120 pounds.
Mouse

Postby Mouse » 09 Apr 2008, 06:05

emma wrote:I am just happy they have a companion played by a 40 year old who weighs more than 120 pounds.

Can I get an Amen?!
-Holy kleenex, Batman, it was right under our noses the whole time!
-Satan wears a bucket hat!
-If tin whistles are made of tin, what are fog horns made of?
-Lewis has AIDS
-Meddle ye not with dragons, for ye are crunchy and good with ketchup
AndyTheSkanker

Postby AndyTheSkanker » 09 Apr 2008, 06:29

emma wrote:I am just happy they have a companion played by a 40 year old who weighs more than 120 pounds.

And it continues the tradition that I'd hit that with every assistant other than rose so far.

Non Sequiteur Champagne!

AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 09 Apr 2008, 08:22

Mouse wrote:

Can I get an Amen?!

AMEN!

Wile E Coyote? You mean when the Nanny paused for a moment before plummeting to her violent, yet comical, death? Yipes.

Yeah, I find I really love Doctor Who on the episodes when he's NOT fighting Daleks or Cybermen or doing anything related to the overarching plot, as these episodes are 1. generally more unique and feature more interesting villains, and 2. are not written by Russel T Davies, and thus have 3. much less romantic crap in them. :P

Also, more Captain Jack sexing people up plzkthx. XD
AndyTheSkanker

Postby AndyTheSkanker » 09 Apr 2008, 09:06

AlexanderDitto wrote:
Mouse wrote:

Can I get an Amen?!

AMEN!

Wile E Coyote? You mean when the Nanny paused for a moment before plummeting to her violent, yet comical, death? Yipes.

Yeah, I find I really love Doctor Who on the episodes when he's NOT fighting Daleks or Cybermen or doing anything related to the overarching plot, as these episodes are 1. generally more unique and feature more interesting villains, and 2. are not written by Russel T Davies, and thus have 3. much less romantic crap in them. :P

Also, more Captain Jack sexing people up plzkthx. XD

precisely. That was epic and exactly what I meant. Fuck davies though X_X

Non Sequiteur Champagne!

Hawkaris
First Video: 1337

Postby Hawkaris » 09 Apr 2008, 09:47

AlexanderDitto wrote:Also, more Captain Jack sexing people up plzkthx. XD

You have twenty-six episodes of Torchwood for that. I mean, seriously. How much more Harkness do you need?
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 09 Apr 2008, 14:04

Hawkaris wrote:You have twenty-six episodes of Torchwood for that. I mean, seriously. How much more Hotness do you need?

Edited for truth.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
AndyTheSkanker

Postby AndyTheSkanker » 09 Apr 2008, 14:10

Melendwyr wrote:
Hawkaris wrote:You have twenty-six episodes of Torchwood for that. I mean, seriously. How much more Hotness do you need?

Edited for truth.

SECONDED'D

Non Sequiteur Champagne!

korri

Postby korri » 09 Apr 2008, 14:37

but i like the interaction that the doctor and harkness have, or i guess more specifically, the way tennant and barrowman act together ...
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

Hawkaris
First Video: 1337

Postby Hawkaris » 09 Apr 2008, 15:16

korri wrote:but i like the interaction that the doctor and harkness have, or i guess more specifically, the way tennant and barrowman act together ...

They do do a really good job of acting together. I just don't think that this season needs anymore love interests in it, playful or otherwise. Besides, looking over the episode list, I don't see any place Jack could show up without it being all "I can't write as well as Steven Moffat, so I'll just use his characters and hope the excessive fanservice will get me through."

On the subject of bad writing and excessive fanservice, I hope that Davies' finale is much stronger than his opener was, this season. Those episodes are going to have to last us through 2009, after all.
Zombaholic
First Video: Bioshocked

Postby Zombaholic » 09 Apr 2008, 17:24

All of you fail to realize the true issue here!

The bee's are missing! Doesn't anyone care for the bee's?!
Ask me anything about Reboot!
Don't ask me anything about reboot
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 09 Apr 2008, 18:36

Zombaholic wrote:All of you fail to realize the true issue here!

The bee's are missing! Doesn't anyone care for the bee's?!

Oh, I laughed. I laughed so hard The bees are missing? XD I loved how exasperated poor Donna seemed. Crop circles... what did she think, the Doctor was an amateur?

I should really start watching Torchwood, then...

I mean, I don't need constant Jack, but you've got to admit, many of the episodes he's appeared in have been really fantastic. The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, for instance. I don't know if I could take an entire series centered around Jack, though. It would probably be too much. I think he just makes a good companion. Also I lol'd when he hung onto the outside of the TARDIS as it flew through a wormhole shouting "DOCTOOOOOR!"

And yes, Steven Moffat kicks Davies's butt every day of the week. I mean... The Girl in the Fireplace? Love love love.

Has anyone read any of the New Series Adventures books? Are they any good? I need more Doctor Who in my life... maybe I'll go on watching the old Fourth Doctor episodes and knit another scarf... but the old ones are so campy. They're so silly. I thought they would at least try to be serious, but it's all running back and forth and cheap cuts to facial close-ups and bad special affects coupled with over-the-top acting.
Karkon

Postby Karkon » 13 Apr 2008, 07:27

I apologize if I kinda necro'd this thread, but I had to stop lurking and comment on Doctor Who.

The opener irritated me; the whole 'missing each other' dicking around for the first 20 mins wasn't funny, but stupid. The defining moment for me was the first time they see each other, and have the silent conversation before being spotted. Very good. And don't get me started on the nanny falling to her death only after she looks down. (Warning; Russell T. Davies hate rant: Fuck you Davies, if you aren't writing a cartoon you can't get away with that. In fact, I just watched the confidential, you are so far up your own ass you made me hate you more!)

Anyhoo... I really liked the second episode. Nice emotional end, lots of good Roman hints like the household gods, and the hilarious Donna rant as she's strapped to a table. I really thought Catherine Tate would annoy me to death, but kudos, she's actually entertaining me. Actually, thinking about it, maybe I'm liking the second so much 'cos Davies (hss!) is no where near it...
As a History student, the history degree I'll be getting will get me a decent job, right? Guys? Where you going?
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 13 Apr 2008, 08:22

HOCRAP THE SECOND EPISODE IS OUT?! *Runs off to watch*
AndyTheSkanker

Postby AndyTheSkanker » 13 Apr 2008, 08:31

Iunno, it still felt a little flimsy, but It was alright.

Non Sequiteur Champagne!

korri

Postby korri » 13 Apr 2008, 11:46

definately liked the second episode better then the first... Doctor and Donna's relationship seems to be working out pretty well... and she's also growing on me. I enjoyed the part when the coven(?) was about to kill her and instead of begging for her life, she proceeds to tell them she is gonna beat them up...

but yeah, in all. pretty good

AndyTheSkanker

Postby AndyTheSkanker » 13 Apr 2008, 12:26

korri wrote:definately liked the second episode better than the first... Doctor and Donna's relationship seems to be working out pretty well... and she's also growing on me. I enjoyed the part when the coven(?) was about to kill her and instead of begging for her life, she proceeds to tell them she is gonna beat them up...

but yeah, in all. pretty good

</grammar nazi>

Non Sequiteur Champagne!

AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 13 Apr 2008, 13:18

Leaps, BOUNDS better than the first. It made me laugh so many times. Did you catch the little Allons-y in there? "That was a good Allons-y wasn't it?" So much word play! Haha. Word play. Appian way!

"You fought her off with a water pistol! I bloody love you."

And it was just... just SO GOOD. Is there ANY EVENT IN HISTORY that the Doctor didn't inadvertently influence in some way?

Yes, I like Donna. She's got sass, I think it'll turn out well. As long as Davies doesn't go and make him fall in love with her. Why can't they just be traveling companions?!

Yes, this cements it. Russell T Davies should just give up and let other people take over writing for the Doctor, while he tries to write himself out of the paper bag he seems to have his head caught in.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 13 Apr 2008, 13:55

Yes the second episode was better.

Fighting off the creature with the water pistol? Priceless. Apparently Time Lords can out run pyroclastic flows.

Also I doubt the term volcano originated with the 73 AD eruption of Mount Vesuvius as both Mount Vesuvius and Mount Etna erupted during or before the classical period.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
AndyTheSkanker

Postby AndyTheSkanker » 13 Apr 2008, 14:10

AlexanderDitto wrote:Leaps, BOUNDS better than the first. It made me laugh so many times. Did you catch the little Allons-y in there? "That was a good Allons-y wasn't it?" So much word play! Haha. Word play. Appian way!

"You fought her off with a water pistol! I bloody love you."

And it was just... just SO GOOD. Is there ANY EVENT IN HISTORY that the Doctor didn't inadvertently influence in some way?

Yes, I like Donna. She's got sass, I think it'll turn out well. As long as Davies doesn't go and make him fall in love with her. Why can't they just be traveling companions?!

Yes, this cements it. Russell T Davies should just give up and let other people take over writing for the Doctor, while he tries to write himself out of the paper bag he seems to have his head caught in.

It's the usual, they're running out of ideas, so they rape history, Davies is a prick. Also, crusher, It's a TV show man, it doesn't have to be etymologically exact, it suits them as a plot device for that.

Non Sequiteur Champagne!

Return to “General Discussion”