Deeply Religious

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Deeply Religious

Postby Paul » 14 Apr 2008, 09:48

Is anyone surprised that Kathleen wrote the script for this video?
Karkon

Postby Karkon » 14 Apr 2008, 09:57

Great vid. I loved the interruption.

You know, I was meant to say more but Ash... naughty nun... gaga fohubbaduh seebah gunk brain shut down bye now
As a History student, the history degree I'll be getting will get me a decent job, right? Guys? Where you going?
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 14 Apr 2008, 10:02

this video was so "out there" yet it had me laughing the whole time! And the look on Ash's face when she was the "naughty nun" was hilarious!

Also, the comercial for the t-shirts was hilarious, and the interruption at the beginning was priceless! Hopefully there will be no more "omg im first to see the video, oh no i'm not, hey you guys know its broken?" posts...
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 14 Apr 2008, 10:02

That was hysterical, especially when I saw it when the counter was actually at 0. It's good to be the first person to see a video. I feel very special.

</obligatory>

In all honesty, that was great. And as much as it's eerie to be 'this guy over the internet,' I may as well say it so nobody else has to: I appreciate the diminishing returns on the amount of clothing Ash wears. At this rate, for the season 6 finale, she'll be naked! Or she'll just outsource it to Morgan. That's fine, too.
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 14 Apr 2008, 10:04

im not suprised kathleen wrote this, i usually like kathleens writing the best, also nice highlander reference. btw what was that a bag of that paul was eating in the ad?
Last edited by Corax on 14 Apr 2008, 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
userpjx

Postby userpjx » 14 Apr 2008, 10:06

The interruption was great. As was this week's commercial.

Everything I need to say about Ash has already been said.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 14 Apr 2008, 10:09

yeah, what was paul eating, if anything? also, if i can be as bad ass as paul, I'm so buying a t-shirt! (i guess that means the comercial was successful)
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
treklover
First Video: CSI CSI

Postby treklover » 14 Apr 2008, 10:09

Hey Guys,

Well done! This video is absolutely superb. It had me laughing the whole time. I especially liked how Graham changed his wig after the interruption.
Can't wait to see next weeks video.

Treklover
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 14 Apr 2008, 10:11

Wow, this is up really early from my perspective...

That was fantastic, very much..."within the proximity" of my idea on what Catholic priests are actually like :D

The jokes were well formed, rooted in the contextual subject matter, and well delivered. The "zero counts! 1337!" gag at the beginning was a good way to stab at the people that don't read the forums and claim to be first to see the videos.

Overall: A[-yyyyy]!
Last edited by Lyinginbedmon on 14 Apr 2008, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Citin

Postby Citin » 14 Apr 2008, 10:11

"There can only be one!"

This video was great, everyone loves making fun of the Church

Ok, everyone can now return to OMG Ash
"I'll be in Africa. If you need me just phone Africa, I told them to expect your call." - The Pointy Haired Boss
deadagain

funny vid

Postby deadagain » 14 Apr 2008, 10:14

"awsome im the first person to watch this video im so 1337":D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
6th post
The below statement is True.
The above statement is False.
StoneageRocker
Ret-con'd: Correct

Postby StoneageRocker » 14 Apr 2008, 10:15

Hey loved the video except for me there seemed something slightly wrong with the editing, it seemed really clipped and the transitions between Graham and Paul talking didn't seem as smooth and good as they normally are in videos.

But the actual content of the video was good I thought, although the adverts at the start I normally like but with the interuption aswell it kinda ruined the start of the video the energy of the comedy was kind of lost.

All in all, I liked it but it seemed rushed and unpolished

<prepares for lynching>
In England.........

tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 14 Apr 2008, 10:16

Wow. That's really funny. I mean,...

I'm speechless.

The only other thing I can think of is that urn is really cool.
meisbored
First Video: Daylight Savings

Postby meisbored » 14 Apr 2008, 10:16

Great video, etc.
I'm not sure, but I thought something was weird with the audio on this one, it seemed like Graham's voice in particular was oddly echo-y...
dave?

Postby dave? » 14 Apr 2008, 10:16

Well, I've been lurking since Desert Bus, but this video got me to create an account! Not the funniest I've seen, but the Python-esqe pacing was great!

Crazy thing is, I'm actually a church historian (and seminary grad!) so at least some of us have a sense of humor ;-)

Now time to watch that cage match on Pay-Per-View! Go Mope!

Dave?
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 14 Apr 2008, 10:19

you know, that is honestly exactly what my voice sounds like in my head when I type in fourms or talk to myself. so with that in mind, I am horribly offended at your hating on me

oh and I also jump on the "ash is hella hot" bandwagon
Mechsae

Postby Mechsae » 14 Apr 2008, 10:26

Hilariously blasphemous :D

Course the T-Shirt ad was funny not blasphemous, but you already knew this. Just move onto the next post, I was entertained and am not thinking hard enough to offer anything contstrutive 8)
Keith K
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Keith K » 14 Apr 2008, 10:26

Holy shit.. Bad. Ass. First Post Bashin', Vatican Smashin, Naughty Nun Ashin' perfection.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 14 Apr 2008, 10:29

SamsonWest wrote:you know, that is honestly exactly what my voice sounds like in my head when I type in fourms or talk to myself. so with that in mind, I am horribly offended at your hating on me

oh and I also jump on the "ash is hella hot" bandwagon

I think it's largely the "evening dress"-esque portion of the outfit that does it, which evening dresses are designed to do. The choker might also add to it.

Isn't there a law somewhere against impersonating a member of the clergy? :shock:

And I can't wait to find out where you filmed this, yelling things like "test drive the new John the Baptist condoms" is wierd in most places, but this seems like it would be even wierder.

Also, there definitely does appear to be some sound issues near the final few minutes of the video, notably on Graham's side. If the two sides were filmed separately, was there something up with the mic during Graham's shoots? It sounds like a wiring problem.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 14 Apr 2008, 10:34

lyinginbedmon wrote:And I can't wait to find out where you filmed this, yelling things like "test drive the new John the Baptist condoms" is wierd in most places, but this seems like it would be even wierder.

It looks like the library in Graham's parents' house.
Hawkaris
First Video: 1337

Postby Hawkaris » 14 Apr 2008, 10:36

Are you going to be keeping the "0 view" portion after this video has thousands of views?
Beta-guy

Postby Beta-guy » 14 Apr 2008, 10:39

... wow nice video, the interruption, reminded me of when I bragged about a the 0 views :( but over all great video.
Pattmyn

Postby Pattmyn » 14 Apr 2008, 10:43

Haha I loved the initial interruption about the view count. Oddly enough, the first thing I did was look at the view counter right then.

The only thing that could have made the dialog any better would have been a hint to Buddy Christ :lol:

And Ash at the end...*ahem* Wasn't expecting that. GG
rootbeerbaby

Postby rootbeerbaby » 14 Apr 2008, 10:46

My favourite bit was the wig change.

No, seriously, I thought it was acetastic. The Diet Cherry Christ made me LOL a lot. And the 0 views.
Will write for root beer
Day is followed by dusk followed by night. Then dusk. Then night. Then dusk again.
Ash

Postby Ash » 14 Apr 2008, 10:49

King Kool wrote:
lyinginbedmon wrote:And I can't wait to find out where you filmed this, yelling things like "test drive the new John the Baptist condoms" is wierd in most places, but this seems like it would be even wierder.

It looks like the library in Graham's parents' house.

a winner is you. thanks for all the compliments, I think I'll have to steal this costume for a halloween one year.
WARNING: This motion picture contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”