Deeply Religious

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
elansey

Put the ads at the end

Postby elansey » 14 Apr 2008, 13:32

I like the ads, but put 'em at the end. I think people will still watch them, and it intrudes less on the overall video.
And yes - this was a good one.
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Re: Offended

Postby CyberTractor » 14 Apr 2008, 13:33

Krymzn wrote:Let me be the first to be offended by the video.
I have loved many of the LRR videos in the past, liked many more, and recommended to many.

Taking cheap shots at Catholicism, especially the Virgin Mary, is disappointing.

I look forward to your video that does the same for Islam. Or are you too scared to do that?

Krymzn

LRR took "a cheap shot" at one of the most recognizable religions in the world. Sure, to some it was in bad taste, but it's for the sake of comedy, they weren't knocking the religion, and no harm was really done.

In my interpretation, they were talking about Mary Magdalene. The one that was more likely to be nude. <_<;

Also, parodying Islam probably wouldn't be a great idea with the current state of the world. Catholicism doesn't go around suicide bombing and killing people to get into heaven.
I can't think of a signature.
theduckthief

Postby theduckthief » 14 Apr 2008, 13:35

Loved it!

Kathleen really should write more scripts for videos.
In Soviet Russia Desert Bus crashes Bill twice!
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 14 Apr 2008, 13:40

theduckthief wrote:Loved it!

Kathleen really should write more scripts for videos.

I like how Kathleen's videos are all some sort of socio-commentary. ^_^
I can't think of a signature.
cro5point

Postby cro5point » 14 Apr 2008, 13:52

FUCK YEAH!

need i say more.
RoomKeyNinja

Postby RoomKeyNinja » 14 Apr 2008, 13:53

Normally I enjoy LRR videos quite a bit (Wouldn't be here if I didn't). I'm not sure about this one though...I wouldn't go so far as to call it a cheap shot, but it's certainly not new material (Yes, this video depicts it as being this way all along whereas most of the skits along this vein are more 'let's reinvent the church' but it's the same path really).

Not offended or anything, but I didn't find it to be your best work. Still, I seem to be in the minority, so it's probably more me then the jokes themselves =P.

And, on the plus side, Ash at the end does make up for a lot.
Is eternally grateful to Misty for this .gif
Also plotting how to destroy Bill, as all Ninjas should
Graham
Super Moderator

Re: Offended

Postby Graham » 14 Apr 2008, 14:06

Krymzn wrote:I look forward to your video that does the same for Islam. Or are you too scared to do that?

What, the idea of Benny taking The Mope's head isn't offensive enough to Islam for you?

We're about poking fun, not purposely setting out to offend.
You want to know a funny story?
We were originally going to shoot this a couple week's ago, but then we realized it would go live on Easter Monday.
We decided not to do that because, while the video is clearly making fun of the church, we didn't want to look like we were intentionally being assholes about it.

In summation, sorry you were offended, but you're being silly about it so I don't really care.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 14 Apr 2008, 14:12

You guys are awesome, G.
I like the dig at the Lrrmons, as well as all the jibes at various churches. =P
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 14 Apr 2008, 14:15

When I first saw Graham's wig I thought it was going to be a Bob the Angry Flower sketch.

Well... I really didn't like the "first view" interruption at the beginning. I understand it's a poke at those forum posters who actually do that but it completely ruined the continuity for me. Throughout the majority of the sketch I kept expecting further interruptions as the general running gag. However, this is one of those sketches that improves with multiple viewings so no real harm done.

Speaking of harm, for those who are actually offended by this skit I'd like to point out Mr. Jones/Barnes reaction, which is most likely to represent the common reaction of someone in his position. You are not alone.
Graham wrote:In summation, sorry you were offended, but you're being silly about it so I don't really care.

And what Graham said.

I still don't mind the new ads as long as they don't put a strain on LRR who are now basically filming TWO sketches a week.

Oh, and is Paul actually eating in the ad or just mechanically moving hand to mouth?

Obligatory Ash comment: I saw her name in the credits but completely forgot about her by the time her part came in at the end of the video. So... double surprise!
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
colemanerik

Postby colemanerik » 14 Apr 2008, 14:19

Ash = Hotness
Graham = Hotness in first wig :p
Paul = Hotness being an ass at eating snacks :p
Video = More hot then all of the above

(weird, I know)
Zed Alpha

Postby Zed Alpha » 14 Apr 2008, 14:20

King Kool wrote:That was hysterical, especially when I saw it when the counter was actually at 0. It's good to be the first person to see a video. I feel very special.

</obligatory>

In all honesty, that was great. And as much as it's eerie to be 'this guy over the internet,' I may as well say it so nobody else has to: I appreciate the diminishing returns on the amount of clothing Ash wears. At this rate, for the season 6 finale, she'll be naked! Or she'll just outsource it to Morgan. That's fine, too.

Yay. Naked Ash. I mean, holy christ on a crap she's pretty. So's Morgan. Seeing either of them naked would be nice, come to think of it.

And Scared Paul is better than Pissed-Off Paul.

This has been your Obvious Update for today.
Frozengale wrote:You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 14 Apr 2008, 14:21

I'm a Catholic, and I'm not even offended. I mean, the sign on the Church was for the "St. Ignatius Francopalian Church of the Holy Rhetoric." How can you even think Graham is a serious priest after that bit?

But I was hoping this would be a Church of the Beatles, what with the first sign. XD

Ash looked lovely as a naughty nun, of course, and I found the enormous, elaborate silver decanter that Graham tips forward to be rather humorous as well.

Also, the Mope: worst nickname EVER.

I hypothesize that the bag cost seven dollars because it was filled with semi-precious metals. BECAUSE PAUL IS ACTUALLY A ROBOT. No human can be that cool.
Lawman
First Video: 3 PS3s

Re: Put the ads at the end

Postby Lawman » 14 Apr 2008, 14:24

elansey wrote:I like the ads, but put 'em at the end. I think people will still watch them, and it intrudes less on the overall video.
And yes - this was a good one.

"LRR T-Shirts: If you buy them, we'll stop with the ads."

Another great video. Loved the "0 Counter" gag, and also the church signs, because they weren't just stills – the trees were still moving a little.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 14 Apr 2008, 14:25

AlexanderDitto wrote:I hypothesize that the bag cost seven dollars because it was filled with semi-precious metals. BECAUSE PAUL IS ACTUALLY A ROBOT. No human can be that cool.

Funniest comment I've read so far! Also, probably true.

Also, also, excellent choice of set for this video. I've missed seeing the inside of the Stark's homestead.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
DontPanic

Postby DontPanic » 14 Apr 2008, 14:31

The video can by summed up by the introductionary ad: Bad. Ass.

Excellent flow for this one. Also, Ash has now created the most wanted Halloween costume for 2008.
I am going to go watch a Image
Fatsobob

Postby Fatsobob » 14 Apr 2008, 14:38

MMMMMMM Christy!
Whatchamabiscut

Postby Whatchamabiscut » 14 Apr 2008, 14:56

Mmmmm... sacrilege, tasty!

Why are some people being offended? The whole thing about offensive jokes is that its ok if you are a minority or if you are making fun of white people, and lets face it: Christianity= Whitest religion evar.

Is Diet Cherry Christ soon going to be available in the lrr store? If not is there any way I can get some, because I do love my cherry sirup flavored diet blood beverage.
Megas3300

Postby Megas3300 » 14 Apr 2008, 15:00

There are THREE things in which I have to say.

1. Graham will be the first to be conspicously killed by god.

2. The Pope will never again visit Canada.

3. Being a protastant I found this quite funny.

Also:
NEW FROM THE MAKERS OF PHAIL-CAKES

**CHRISTY CRUNCH**
It's the Holy cereal that even Ol' Benny the Pope gets going with in the morning :D
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 14 Apr 2008, 15:06

In fairness, it's questionable whether Canada's thought police would permit a video making fun of Islam to remain up.

Great video, everyone! Kudos, Kathleen!

Next time, I hope for a video making fun of the most popular religion in Quebec: Secession!
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Whatchamabiscut

Postby Whatchamabiscut » 14 Apr 2008, 15:07

RoomKeyNinja wrote:Normally I enjoy LRR videos quite a bit (Wouldn't be here if I didn't). I'm not sure about this one though...I wouldn't go so far as to call it a cheap shot, but it's certainly not new material (Yes, this video depicts it as being this way all along whereas most of the skits along this vein are more 'let's reinvent the church' but it's the same path really).

Not offended or anything, but I didn't find it to be your best work. Still, I seem to be in the minority, so it's probably more me then the jokes themselves =P.

And, on the plus side, Ash at the end does make up for a lot.

Really? I though that recently they had been going somewhat downhill with Unnatural Resources and the like but this was their epic return to greatness! (Customer Servicing was good to, just not as good).
WaffleIronMan
First Video: Underpantaloons

Postby WaffleIronMan » 14 Apr 2008, 15:14

My god you guys are going to be innondated with hate after this.
you may think that there is alot of dislike because of the cheap shot at religions.

But great video. You Should Have made it Nuntastic fridays or slightly naughty nun friday.

and as for the ad. Bad ass indeed.
Citin

Postby Citin » 14 Apr 2008, 15:15

Really people if you don't understand what satire is, get off the internet (also a Catholic)
"I'll be in Africa. If you need me just phone Africa, I told them to expect your call." - The Pointy Haired Boss
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 14 Apr 2008, 15:19

Kathleen wrote:As Eddie Izzard sings:

Blasphemy...
Blas-for-you...
Blas-for-everybody-in-the-room.

The word of the Izzard. *specticles, testicles, watch, wallet*

Graham wrote:We're about poking fun, not purposely setting out to offend.
You want to know a funny story?
We were originally going to shoot this a couple week's ago, but then we realized it would go live on Easter Monday.
We decided not to do that because, while the video is clearly making fun of the church, we didn't want to look like we were intentionally being assholes about it.

OOOH awkward...

That would have been pretty epic. I mean the PR you would have gotten would have been pretty negative, but still people would have been coming to the site.

The question of the ages: 1337ness or moral high ground? Choose wisely, grasshopper.
scorpkahnpoop

Postby scorpkahnpoop » 14 Apr 2008, 15:25

Sounds like a fun job to me.

Good video as always.
Andy

Postby Andy » 14 Apr 2008, 15:36

I absolutely love this video! Very well done!

The add was hilarious. :D
Time flies like an arrow;
Fruit flies like a banana.
-Groucho Marx

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”