May 1st :: GTA IV Trailer

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Oxford
First Video: The Whatever Thing

Postby Oxford » 02 May 2008, 02:41

Yeah, it was definitely quieter this time. Graham seemed to overpower everyone. His voice was the loudest. Also, a very funny podcast. Did you guys know, that because of Edison's smear campaign, Tesla had to go to work building the massive trenches for Edison's DC carriers? That's like the ultimate "Screw You".

Also, no threatening e-mails this time!
9 out of 10 Americans believe that out of 10 people 1 American will always disagree with the other 9.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 02 May 2008, 03:01

Oxford wrote:Graham seemed to overpower everyone.

NERF GRAHAM!
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
YourBlankFile

Postby YourBlankFile » 02 May 2008, 03:48

Nerf Graham.

Fix Matt.

That aside. Yay for 100th Podcast and I for one, enjoy matt's input in podcasts : )

Edit: Clone High. Hells yes. I've been watching that again on YouTube as of last month time to time. Such goodness.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 02 May 2008, 09:29

I was loudest because I know how to use a microphone, unlike those other mic-noobs.

MIC-NOOBS, I SAY.

Please don't nerf me...
Nomadic
First Video: Serious Cravings

Postby Nomadic » 02 May 2008, 09:34

LoadingReadyRun v5.1.0.05 Patch Notes

Class Changes:
- Graham
- - - Removed from the game due to it's overpowered nature.
- Matt
- - - Given all powers class "Graham" previously had.

Other notes:
- All female characters given a bonus +100 to diplomacy when showing more than 75% of total skin.
Successfully lurking since 1709.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 02 May 2008, 10:03

Nomadic wrote:LoadingReadyRun v5.1.0.05 Patch Notes

Class Changes:
- Graham
- - - Removed from the game due to it's overpowered nature.
- Matt
- - - Given all powers class "Graham" previously had.

Other notes:
- All female characters given a bonus +100 to diplomacy when showing more than 75% of total skin.

yeahNO.
Nomadic
First Video: Serious Cravings

Postby Nomadic » 02 May 2008, 10:05

Why not? LRRMMORPG...sounds awesome to me. XD
Successfully lurking since 1709.
concupiscentcrustacean
First Video: black box

Postby concupiscentcrustacean » 02 May 2008, 10:10

I found Jer's voice the hardest to listen too, just because he would randomly get really loud. Also, there were random moments of heavy background breathing...so that was creepy. just something to work on I guess.

There are definitely still Ice cream trucks around - they all seem to be a different company now though, or maybe they just got new trucks. They tend to go to places with lots of kids now rather than down every street.
"I studied the ancient art of Origami gun making, and i've folded a pistol out of purest prose. This is an Origami 45. The most powerful poetry in the world."
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 02 May 2008, 10:10

in soviet russia, matt's not funny, hes also not funny here...
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 02 May 2008, 10:23

Corax wrote:in soviet russia, matt's not funny, hes also not funny here...

lol
mosespippy
Location: Enemy Base, 33 Health. No wait! Own base, 100 health

Postby mosespippy » 02 May 2008, 10:32

San Andreas was not a simultaneous release on PC and consoles. PS2 version came out in October, while the XBox and PC version came out in the following June. I guess Paul doesn't get to play GTA IV, even if he is the main character.
Radical Ans

Postby Radical Ans » 02 May 2008, 11:24

Great podcast guys. I like the seperate mics things. Get one per person (matt was waaaay to quiet for most of the podcast) and I think it will be perfect.

Fun Fact: Edison's smear campaign (killing elephants etc.) led to the development of the electric chair.

P.S. Tesla >>>>>>> Edison

Westinghouse FTW!!!
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 02 May 2008, 13:07

LS wrote:You could even change the name to "LoadingReadyMatt."

Registering the URL.........NOW.

Right now, I'm imagining the LRM-Cast. Instead of the opening jingle, it's just Matt humming the theme tune.
"...Duh dum, duh duh dum, duh dum BEEP!"
Featuring:
Explanation of why there was no video this week!
What I'm Playing (WoW)!
AskLRM!
This week's challenge: Go to Hell!

But in all seriousness, don't listen to the haters. EZ Industries is one of my favorite videos on the site, and Matt's delivery is top-notch in that one.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 02 May 2008, 13:32

Dominic Appleguard wrote:But in all seriousness, don't listen to the haters. EZ Industries is one of my favorite videos on the site, and Matt's delivery is top-notch in that one.

You know, I haven't watched it in a few weeks, but after watching it again, Dom, I have to thoroughly agree with you on the EZ Industries front. It's not my favorite video, but I definitely agree that it is perhaps Matt's best performance.
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 02 May 2008, 14:11

Y'know, one of these days, Matt is going to snap under the constant barrage of insults, criticism, and deprecation, and murder you all.

He may or may not use his Battleaxe of the Horde.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 02 May 2008, 16:34

Now that I've finally listened, quiet podcast is quiet.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 02 May 2008, 16:36

Please tell James to stoP sPitting into the mic.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Oxford

Postby Oxford » 03 May 2008, 04:46

Indeed. But, Matt, we don't hate you. We make fun of you to feel better about our FAIL of not being in LRR.
9 out of 10 Americans believe that out of 10 people 1 American will always disagree with the other 9.
Woland

Postby Woland » 03 May 2008, 06:15

My big problem with the podcast was that I tried to listen to it in the car and the low levels led to epic amounts of fail. It was the Largest! Vein! of! blahblah you all know the joke.

Also, props for bringing up Koyaanisqatsi. In my experience it actually IS a movie you can watch with your friends, but drugs help.

Also, I wanted to point out that I read online (okay, my fiance read online) that the "Hobbit movies" directed by del Toro are not going to be what you were discussing in the podcast (i.e., one book in two moives). Actually, the first movie is going to be the Hobbit and the second is going to be all original, new content (not authored by Tolkien, that is) covering what happened between the Hobbit and the first Rings movie. Now, I'm not 100% on that, but if I can find the URL to back that up, I'll post it here.

EDIT:
Found it!
And, if you were questioning the veracity of this information, know that it comes straight from those mouth-breathing horses over at the BBC (really, I respect their journalistic integrity). Furthermore, they're quoting directly from NewLine. The story's here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7375245.stm

EDITEdit:

More here, an interview, Del Toro with MTV:

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml

It's not that I really want to ruin everyone's impression that these movies are going to be good, its just that everyone needs to know that they may not be awesome. I'd like to kill this hype train ASAP.

Also, leaving these comments here, but starting a new post on the General board. This is for lauding and critiquing the LRRcast not Del Toro questioning.

gimmie more levelz...
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 03 May 2008, 06:43

Moar volume purreeasse can't hear it without turning my volume up making all my pc sound effects really loud. :(
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

Casandro

Artificial head stereo?

Postby Casandro » 03 May 2008, 12:21

Well if you need something to do for experimenting, you could try "artificial head stereo". Traditionally this is done by placing 2 microphones into a special head-dummy. Since those dummies are _really_ expensive, you might get a decent approximation by using 2 microphones and putting them about an ear-distance appart. Now feed each of the microphones onto a seperate channel in your recording and place the whole setup a bit away from the speakers so they will all be at roughly the same distance. The resulting recording should be listened to with headphones.

The idea behind is to give the ears just about what they would hear when they were in your room amongst you. With 2 microphones you can get away with some distortion. You can try closing one of your ears with a finger and then listen into the room. You will notice that suddenly you will understand speech spoken in the room a lot less well. So 2 channel stereo definitely is a big gain. Since you have the Singstar setup, it might even be easy to do.
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 03 May 2008, 16:06

God, someones going to invent LRMites now, arent they.
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 03 May 2008, 20:03

I'm happy that you all picked up on my historical subtext. History is awesome! Combine it with science, and it becomes MORE awesome. If that is possible.

By the way: Langosta encima de mi telefono=lobster on top of my telephone, a reference to one of Dali's more... shall we say, surreal works, the Lobster Telephone.

Yeah, Edison was a jerk. To get Topsy the elephant to go down, not only did Edison attempt to electrocute her, he fed her carrots laced with potassium cyanide. At least she went down quickly... not like Mary, an elephant that killed her inexperienced trainer at a circus, who they attempted to hang. The first cable broke, and broke her hip. What was WRONG with people in the early 1900's?!

I totally support Paul's theory that Tesla is alive somewhere, lurking in the shadows... he and Niels Bohr, dressed as a cat. Oh Tesla! You were my sexy, celibate hero. <3

Yay! I get a forum rank! <3 I'm so honored, and excited!

Yeah, as everyone has said a bazillion times already the levels were pretty low this time around... I could barely hear in some parts, but it wasn't so bad. Not that big a deal. And what is up with all this Matt bashing? Stop it! LRR can bash Matt, because they're like family! But when forum people do it, you just sound rude, and mean. He's just as much a LRRer as all the other ones. Don't make me use my angry eyes. D:<
IactoSophos

Postby IactoSophos » 04 May 2008, 00:44

Guinness, such a wonderful drink. However, the best Guinness is not through clean pipes, it tastes nicer through pipes that haven't been cleaned properly for about a week. Just a heads up!

Anyway, loved the cast, and I think you're right about Halo, it's an ok shooter, but consoles have been getting less love of late for decent titles
Damn those annet goats!
Oxford

Postby Oxford » 04 May 2008, 05:23

My buddies are big Molson Canadian fans, but I've been let down by the fact that Molson is now American, Labatt is Belgian, and Sleeman is Japanese. JAPANESE. Moosehead is the biggest Canadian originated, Canadian owned brewery left.

There are lots of microbreweries as well. They make good stuff.

Return to “LRRcast”