Uwe Boll: Decision 2008

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Valandil

Postby Valandil » 26 Apr 2008, 05:33

blazingarrow wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlJ3VLGDOVE

Now hes challenging Bay to a fight :shock:

He did this before with a load of other journalists. The reports go, I believe, that he claimed they would get training beforehand, and they didn't.
Wraith wrote:WHY DOES THIS KEEP GETTING HARDER?!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 26 Apr 2008, 06:08

Also, he specifically picked the ones he knew wouldn't stand a chance, totally rigging it in his favour. What needs to happen is for somebody like Vaughn go and fight him, however Boll would never agree to it, because he's a pussy (likely in armour).
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
DicyDax

Postby DicyDax » 26 Apr 2008, 07:32

Long live Boll's fantastic little genius brain, that thinks a project made for the lulz by some kids, is made by Stephen Spielberg...
HURR DURR!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 26 Apr 2008, 15:27

At the excellent suggestion to capture from the HDV source material, the green screen for the video can look AMAZING now. I haven't updated the version on the site, but on my computer it looks great.

Expect better keying from now on.

Thanks!
DicyDax

Postby DicyDax » 26 Apr 2008, 21:57

You're welcome.
HURR DURR!
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 27 Apr 2008, 08:05

Allen! wrote:
And Zed Alpha.

If anything, the people who are brainwashed are the people who are signing the petitions. They only look down a narrow path towards what movies are entertaining. It's not whether it's good or bad, it's whether it's entertaining. I find Uwe Boll entertaining.

And if you found the original Evil Dead entertaining - it was so campy and bad it was awesome - then you can't possibly harp on Uwe Boll without acquiring the title 'Hypocrite'.

THANK YOU.

The only 'Boll-fest' I ever watched was "House of the Dead", and I actually enjoyed myself during it. Mind you, I was rolling my eyes a lot and heckling it some (even my wife, who dislikes such behaviour, joined in).

During all these Uwe Boll discussions, there's been something at the back of my mind, nagging me. And you, Allen!, have shone a light on what it is: Uwe Boll is the B-movie maker of today. He is the one who is giving us the campy and 'so bad it's funny' films that will go on to be satirized in the next generation of 'MST3K' (can't decide if it's RiffTrax or Cinematic Titanic yet)

So, thank you Allen! ! I do believe that Herr Boll fulfill a vital role in our cinematic ecosystem, and to remove him completely would be catastrophic to our enjoyment in that medium.

But on another note, I do have to retort to your 'Evil Dead' analogy - a) the story in and of itself was quite competent and original to the film's makers, instead of re-packaging an idea and story from another medium, and b) at least Sam Raimi got better. :P

And on ANOTHER tangent, I notice that Uwe-baby has decided to rip off Stockwell 'Doris' Day/Rick Mercer with his "if you get enough people to agree, I'll do <insert action here>". I always though Germans were innovators, not intellectual thieves! ;)
robothero
First Video: Ways to drink a Coke?

Postby robothero » 27 Apr 2008, 10:30

I watched In the Name of the King the other day, making it the second Boll movie I've watched. The previous was Alone in the Dark.

The common thread is that both movies managed to bore me during a fight scene. I might force myself to endure the fight scene again so I can pinpoint where, exactly, it failed me.
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 27 Apr 2008, 19:59

So I watched In The Name of the King yesterday

honesly, not bad. I mean not very good, ripped off a lot from LotRs and some Star Wars, but worked out ok in the end, he is honesly getting better every time he makes a movie.

Dare I say... Postal might even be good?
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 28 Apr 2008, 05:19

In the Name of the King was pretty god awful.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 28 Apr 2008, 13:15

I personally would rank enduring water torture in the midst of the 666th rewatching of Slither with a large number of "French pomegranates" strapped about my loins with wires connecting to the only toilet seat as better than watching pretty much any of his films for virtually any duration.
S.Talker

Postby S.Talker » 28 Apr 2008, 14:00

Lyinginbedmon wrote:I personally would rank enduring water torture in the midst of the 666th rewatching of Slither...

What was wrong with Slither?
Bryy M. Miller
First Video: Dinosaur

Postby Bryy M. Miller » 28 Apr 2008, 16:39

Slither fails at trying to be a complete film.

But as for the video...
Well, as for Boll's comments....
I find it incredibly ironic that he calls himself original when all of his films are cliches.
S.Talker

Postby S.Talker » 28 Apr 2008, 16:42

This is a Boll-centered thread, so I'll save my comments on Slither for another time and place. But you're a poo-poo head, for the record.

Postal was supposed to be out in theatres a while ago, but I never did find it. Which means the local theatres probably decided not to show it at all. This could be a sign that Boll-directed movies are being phased out entirely.
unknowngamer

Postby unknowngamer » 08 May 2008, 16:22

I'm actually a little worried now, the anti-boll petition has pretty much stopped dead at a over 250k signatures...Knowing him, if niether petition gets to 1 million, it'll just encourage him.

On Boll in general, though, I really think he shouldn't make movies. And not for the obvious reasons. He is clearly unable to any kind of criticism, and when you're like that, you really shouldn't make a career out of making something that is seen by thousands and will always be critiqued. Plus, he's so detached from reality that one day he'll probably go nuts and think his set IS a video game and he goes on a rampage, killing all of the people on set.
Pigmy Wurm

Re: Uwe Boll: Decision 2008

Postby Pigmy Wurm » 31 Aug 2010, 21:43

So I was just re-watching this when I found that it is missing a chunk of audio. when Mark Dawson introduces graham and graham replies to mark the next two shoots are silent. at first I though it was just my headphones finally dieing (only the right side works) but the rest still has sound.

Figured you might want to know.

I'm an idiot (sort of) apparently those two shots only come though the left channel so when I unplug my headphones it works. Weird, but I guess it is fine.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 31 Aug 2010, 22:29

I just checked and you're totally correct. They only play through the left channel. That's really odd.
Thanks!
Lurkon
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Lurkon » 23 Apr 2013, 20:20

So I just bought the Season 5 DVD, and the audio cut out during that section, so I decided to come watch on the site. I still couldn't hear it, so I checked the thread of course, and you guys mention it only works in the left channel. I plug in my headphones to check, and I can hear the sound through my left earbud, but again, without headphones I can't hear anything at all.

So I go into my system settings, and test my speakers... and this is how I learned that the left speaker on my laptop does not actually work anymore...
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 23 Apr 2013, 20:34

Consider our poor audio balance a customer service.

Also, sorry about that!

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”