THE THREAD FORMERLY KNOWN AS THE NEW ASK LRR QUESTION THREAD

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Woland

Postby Woland » 31 May 2008, 11:13

Is Resident Evil 5 inherently racist?
RobertMc123

Askllr

Postby RobertMc123 » 02 Jun 2008, 02:00

I have 2 Questions,

The first question is to Matt
1) What do you have against Final Fantasy 8? Having only played it sparingly and thought it was okay, I just wondered why he hates it.

This question is to everyone:
2) Do you have any games in your collection that you desperatly want to complete but have just given up due to controller snapping frustraion or that you just stopped playing? (mines is Kingdom Hearts)

Thanks and keep up the good work on the videos.
azazelbuddha

Postby azazelbuddha » 03 Jun 2008, 10:57

enjoy :-P

does any of the LRR cast live in fear that the US government at some point in the near future, going to fuck up so bad that "modern" civilization will not cop/recover? do you think we already have?

other than annoyingly high gas prices, in your opinion, has Canada felt any other backlash from the US fuck-ups?

for those of you that have traveled outside Canada: while abroad, have you done/said something and been mistaken for Americans. (since in my opinion, none of you have the REALLY thick '-ay' accent, and if i didnt know any better would have guessed you were American) no offence

if i wanted to make the long treck to BC (i'm from the east coast US) would it be possible to make it into a video? even if it was a one-line "Hi" so i could geek out to my friends, "Ha!! i'm in a LRR video and you're not!! I'm cooler than you"

do you think we as the human race should spend the time, money, man-power, effert, resources on trying to get a human on Mars? Or should we maybe focus on issues here first? hunger, poverty, never ending wars

if you could marry anyone famous (alive or dead) who? male or female, whatever..

when WILL the mothership be returning to pick us up? (sorry, totally random. i can be weird like that sometimes)

what is the average speed limit in BC? Do you think society could handle no speed limit again? (some states have areas with "no posted speed limit" Montana, parts of Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico)

have my questions gotten annoying yet? do you want them to?

for those of the cast in long-term relationships: any talk of making it legally binding (marriage)? would you like to have kids one day? how many?

speaking of kids: if you have seen Gattaca (if not you should): if technology got to that point and it was socially acceptable: would you 'tweak' you potential offspring's genes or let God/chaos theory decide?
sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupid

everyday i think people can't get any stupider; everyday i'm proven horribly wrong

i will wear black until they make something DARKER
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 03 Jun 2008, 11:27

Have you ever had the urge to make your weekly update be a Rickroll?
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
RoomKeyNinja

Postby RoomKeyNinja » 03 Jun 2008, 13:02

It occured to me as I was thinking of more questions to ask that I'll be writing this on June 03...but by the time you answer it, it'll be several podcasts down the road. So, my questions

1) What's it like living in the future?

2) Which would you prefer: Teleportation units scattered pretty much everywhere you wanted to go, or an internet uplink in your mind?

3) Robot overlords or alien conquerers (the squishy goo and tentacle kind)?

4) LRR member most likely to sell out the rest of the crew to one of the above in order to secure himself a higher post in the new government?

5) Cyber-punk or Orwellian dictatorship?
Is eternally grateful to Misty for this .gif
Also plotting how to destroy Bill, as all Ninjas should
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 03 Jun 2008, 19:49

What is your favorite type of tea of the moment or what type of tea have you been drinking the most lately?

also, same question but for cheese
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 03 Jun 2008, 23:44

I've noticed that the bar codes in the LRR DVD disc artwork do not match those on the outer packaging and appear to be the same from season to season. Therefore I must ask:

1) What product is the original bar code from?
2) Is there any special reason why it is there? A story behind it, perhaps?
Last edited by Evil Jim on 15 Jun 2008, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Evil Jim

respectfully picking nits

Postby Evil Jim » 04 Jun 2008, 17:36

The name of the X Ways to Y format suggests that X=number & Y=ways to do something. However, the X is usually unspecified in the title of the video. ie. "Ways to hide a Body" as opposed to "14 Ways to hide a Body." Therefore I must ask, why is the quantity of X usually omitted in the video titles?

Also, if you were forced to replace the current music for the X Ways to Y videos with something else, what would it be?
Last edited by Evil Jim on 04 Aug 2008, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 04 Jun 2008, 19:04

I am not sure if this has been asked.

Have the crew every used the Wiki during writing or shooting a video so that continuity is maintained?
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 05 Jun 2008, 04:46

2 Questions:

1: Who are your favourite pairing within the LRR Cast, you can count or discount yourself from the pairing if you want).

2: Have you ever thought of doing another type of LRRies where forum members vote for you? Topics could include the typical - Best supporting actor, visual animation, best Edward James Olmos Lookalike or the awards could be along the lines of those from your traditional LRRies - best facial stubble, most in need of a hair brush/chest wax.
Last edited by Elomin Sha on 08 Jul 2008, 07:09, edited 1 time in total.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 09 Jun 2008, 08:04

If LRR became financially successfully enough to support one member of the crew from site/merchandise revenue alone, which one of you would it be?

Also, Fun with Microwaves 2?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Number09
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Number09 » 11 Jun 2008, 12:41

Girl LRR shirts (not pink LRR shirts, but girl sizes)... When if ever?
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 11 Jun 2008, 12:47

I know I'm not LRR crew and it's not my place to answer, but as we've already had a long (and heated) discussion on this before that I can't find at the moment: They'll start selling girl-sized shirts after they sell their current stock. They just need to know that there's enough of a market and demand for their shirts to validate producing a new line of them, which will arguably be in less demand.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 11 Jun 2008, 14:33

What the FUCK happened to Clive Winston?
400vip

Postby 400vip » 11 Jun 2008, 19:42

Do you think there would be a Xbox 360, without the commerical sucess of Halo and Halo 2?
drko

Postby drko » 13 Jun 2008, 13:31

If you were given the necessary funds to do so, would you rather have your house zombie-proofed or raptor-proofed?
RandomCheese

Postby RandomCheese » 14 Jun 2008, 14:53

What is the address for Murray's Joke shop? I ask this because I am planning to visit Victoria in the summer.
Low quality Youtube sketches? Amazing!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 14 Jun 2008, 15:33

RandomCheese wrote:What is the address for Murray's Joke shop? I ask this because I am planning to visit Victoria in the summer.

Murray's Trick & Joke Shop
688 Broughton Street
Victoria, BC V8W 1C9
Canada
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 14 Jun 2008, 16:43

(Forgive me if this has been asked before...)

What are your opinions of the Star Trek franchise in its current state? Would you support a new series coming out in the near future?

Do you still intend to see the movie?
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 14 Jun 2008, 21:31

How many awards, short film & other, has LRR won over the years?
Last edited by Evil Jim on 04 Aug 2008, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.
DaWhiteMage

Postby DaWhiteMage » 15 Jun 2008, 17:18

In your opinion, what is the worst internet meme out there?

What board game do you all like or would you like to play together?
Last edited by DaWhiteMage on 21 Jun 2008, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
Know that stinging sensation after a solid high-5? Thats what awesome feels like.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 15 Jun 2008, 20:40

While searching for the proper address to send Pic of the Day I found that the first three Phailhaus videos are in the "Bonus/Whatever" category while the rest are listed in "Bonus/Other."

What is the reason for this separation? ...And

To which category does Phailhaus truly belong?
Last edited by Evil Jim on 18 Jul 2008, 03:07, edited 1 time in total.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 16 Jun 2008, 08:26

Who would you like to rule the Nine Hells of Baator: Asmodeus, Levistus, or Glasya?

Do you read Order of the Stick or any of it's fan-made spin-offs?
Daniel
First Video: The first one

Postby Daniel » 16 Jun 2008, 12:34

Who is your celebrity dream date? (for those who are attached, if you were unattached) I mean date: so spending time together not just of the naked variety. What is it about that person, and what would you do?
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Jun 2008, 12:45

What about the above question, except time solely of the naked variety?

Return to “LRRcast”