The Return of the Bill

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Smallpoxxer

Postby Smallpoxxer » 15 Jul 2008, 20:58

Now some people said that the long explaination, of the whole corp/using ninjas problem, made the video a bit dry.
My suggestion, though it would add more work to the videos, is to break up long speechs with short cut scenes.
In this video, once such cut scene could have been to show a corperate boss getting killed with a ninja star.
This way you get your point across so people know why the corperations are useing ninjas while keeping people laughing.
If you can't laugh at yourself, just laugh at other people.
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 15 Jul 2008, 22:03

Bill wrote:This was awesome video. I think one of the better one's we've done in the recent past.

Not that your Biased or anything.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 15 Jul 2008, 22:05

Lyinginbedmon wrote:It would also help if they got a good translator, never in history has Naruto ever said "Believe it!" five times in a ten minute period...

But he does say "dattebayo" constantly. "Believe it" is the catch-phrase they use to replace "dattebayo", which is a nonsense word that has no real meaning except to add emphasis to a statement. I may have this slightly wrong, but I think different Japanese people/characters often have their own little nonsense words they use to add emphasis or an extra layer of meaning or uniqueness. (Kind of like saying "lol" at the end of every joke you type or something.)

Since, in English, we don't tag on nonsense words (except maybe stuff like "y'know" or "eh?") they had to come up with some kind of tagline or catch-phrase to replace "dattebayo", and they chose "Believe it". That's why he says it so often, even though it's not really necessary.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
tothehorrorshow

Postby tothehorrorshow » 15 Jul 2008, 22:17

O_O Its finally happened...OH SHIT JESUS THANK YOU....I cant stand narturo...thank you for the (fantasy) punch towards terrible anime
A new challenger has arrived, you must CRUUSH THEM!
Valandil

Postby Valandil » 15 Jul 2008, 22:22

Frozengale wrote:
Evil Jim wrote:Also, real ninjas don't wear orange jumpsuits. It's harder to remain hidden when you look like a deer hunter.

That's the point, if you aren't expecting a ninja to be in a bright orange jumpsuit then you won't think he's a ninja.

They utilise a Somebody Else's Problem field.

Seriously -- apart from in this video, have you ever seen a ninja in an orange jumpsuit?

Exactly.
Wraith wrote:WHY DOES THIS KEEP GETTING HARDER?!
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 15 Jul 2008, 22:53

Valandil wrote:Seriously -- apart from in this video, have you ever seen a ninja in an orange jumpsuit?

Exactly.

The series Naruto is all about ninjas in orange jumpsuits. 215 episodes worth.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 15 Jul 2008, 23:57

i'm surprised no one has mentioned (unless i'm blind) the liu kang bicycle kick noise as the ninjas run into combat. i figure it was used as a reference to the incessant noise the putties make in power rangers. i thought this was one of the best bits in the video. maybe it's just me.

also the naruto hand gestures were absolute gold.
great work as usual guys.
Last edited by masamune on 16 Jul 2008, 01:32, edited 1 time in total.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 16 Jul 2008, 00:39

proudfoot wrote:<snip>

Dattebayo is a "nonsense word" yes, but it does have a meaning. Namely it indicates the lack of class and the uncouth nature of the speaker. In Naruto's usage, it's a reminder he had a rough life and isn't quite as socially graceful as people who didn't.

So switching it with "Believe it!", whilst certainly showing his determinative streak, does not work.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
St. Ricktopher
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby St. Ricktopher » 16 Jul 2008, 00:40

I've got to say, I've never seen Naruto, but even with my basic knowledge of the genre, I found it hilarious.
Matt's part was the most hilarious part of the video.

Very nice work.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 16 Jul 2008, 05:00

I laughed, if only because it was sooooo campy.
Nice to see everyone's favorite red-haired tall-man Jiggawatt back in the videos. <3

Also, where did Jer get that dagger?! Terrifying!
aspestrand

Postby aspestrand » 16 Jul 2008, 06:44

The Naruto bit was awesome. Fast talking, no action and endless hand gestures. URTEHWIN
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 16 Jul 2008, 10:57

AlexanderDitto wrote:I laughed, if only because it was sooooo campy.
Nice to see everyone's favorite red-haired tall-man Jiggawatt back in the videos. <3

Also, where did Jer get that dagger?! Terrifying!

I believe he got it from that dresser.
I, Nameless Slug

Postby I, Nameless Slug » 16 Jul 2008, 12:04

Sable wrote:You know, the place Bill is when he meets CEO of Ninja Killing International (Or whatever) looks an awful lot like CP_Granary in TF2.

There is a bit behind the high school I live near that looks just like an outpost on Highway 17. I always get a kick out of seeing it.
a_-
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 16 Jul 2008, 12:08

If you're especially colour blind (Such as seeing black & white), on a pretty bright day most of my town centre looks like something out of City 17.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 16 Jul 2008, 17:56

Ok, so while "Believe it!" has been mentioned, am I the only one who feels that it was missing from Matt's near perfect portrayal of Naruto? If he had just said it ONCE, the movie would have been perfect. Now it has a 99.9999%. I hope you're happy Matt.

And since that was my only problem with this video, I now give copious amounts of props to you all.
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 16 Jul 2008, 20:21

I've watched this several times, and Nathan keeps making me think of Jason Lee's Azrael in Dogma. Anybody else see it, or am I just completely out of my mind?
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 16 Jul 2008, 21:18

OMG, Dmitri's right! He just needed to say I'm a fuckin demon and collapse to make it perfect.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 16 Jul 2008, 21:44

theDreamer wrote:Ok, so while "Believe it!" has been mentioned, am I the only one who feels that it was missing from Matt's near perfect portrayal of Naruto? If he had just said it ONCE, the movie would have been perfect. Now it has a 99.9999%. I hope you're happy Matt.

And since that was my only problem with this video, I now give copious amounts of props to you all.

if I'd ever been able to make it through an entire episode of the dub of naruto, I might have known to say that. however, I have not, and did not.

-m

I am not angry at you.
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 16 Jul 2008, 22:39

tak197 wrote:OMG, Dmitri's right! He just needed to say I'm a fuckin demon and collapse to make it perfect.

I need to go shop those horns in...

...except I can't find a good picture of him that matches Nathan's position. Crap!
Stroggo
First Video: Ways to make sombody leave a room

Postby Stroggo » 16 Jul 2008, 22:59

Well done guys that was some excellent green screen work. I know that Bill has back for a while But it's great to see him back in front of the camera. And Matt DEAR GOD that creeped me out more than the trigun thing from the Kei-kon video, although it was cringe worthy It worked very well so well done :D

one more thing
if I'd ever been able to make it through an entire episode of the dub of naruto, I might have known to say that. however, I have not, and did not.

I haven't managed to get through an entire naruto episode full stop.
[6e6f:20:6d:61:74:74:65:72:20:77:68:65:72:65:20:79:6f:75:20:67:6f:20:65:76:65:72:
79:6f:6e:65:27:73:20:61:6c:77:61:79:73:20:63:6f:6e:6e:65:63:74:65:64]
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 17 Jul 2008, 05:41

One of the most entertaining videos for me in a long time and clears up a lot of the little information released in the Podcasts.
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 17 Jul 2008, 07:41

In regards to the indoor sound suxs plz fix kk thxs.

A friend of mine does his own sound effects in a make shift studio he has in this old warehouse thing (well, not the whole warehouse, but HIS bit).

Anyway he has 3 different rooms, one fully soundprooffed to the outside world and fully buffed up acoustics to match, but also he has two smaller rooms for "outdoor noise". In one of the rooms he lined the corners of the walls and the floor/ceiling with egg cartons. Not the whole room just the corners where apprantly in his technical mumbo jumbo "Where sound bounces funny" he covered.

So that might be something that LRR could explore in the future.
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

Cybren

Postby Cybren » 17 Jul 2008, 10:14

Matt wrote:
theDreamer wrote:Ok, so while "Believe it!" has been mentioned, am I the only one who feels that it was missing from Matt's near perfect portrayal of Naruto? If he had just said it ONCE, the movie would have been perfect. Now it has a 99.9999%. I hope you're happy Matt.

-m

Wait, are you trying to play both the "i'm too cool to have actually watched the show" and the "dubs sux lawls" cards at the same time? I mean, the original japanese is not often much better- it's just that most of us can't tell because we don't speak Japanese.
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 17 Jul 2008, 11:55

Matt wrote:

-m

Bulimic!
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 17 Jul 2008, 17:28

Bulimic?

~Alja~

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”