July 17 :: The Return of The Bill

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 22 Jul 2008, 09:46

wilson_x1999 wrote:Guys, I just checked the iphone here in Mexico and we can get: 200mb for about 75 dlls a month or unlimited for 130.

Not that I wanted one (I need my buttons man... buttons hundreds of them!), but the podcast made me curious about it XD

I don't really like the idea of the iPhone. I realise the functionality it provides and everything, but it just seems ridiculous.

I mean, it's touchscreen, connects to the Internet so you can check your email, stocks, news reports, weather, and such, keep a schedule, and play a selection of fairly high-res games (At least in mobile phone contexts).

And, to boot, it works as a regular mobile phone!

I just really think it's ridiculous to call the iPhone a mobile phone with tonnes of features useful to everday life. It's shape and functionality make me think of it more as a PDA with phone capabilities.

I've got my Siemens mobile from like the early 2000s, it tells time, sends/receives texts, has an alarm and keeps a schedule, and functions as a mobile phone. That's all I've ever needed.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
YourBlankFile

Postby YourBlankFile » 22 Jul 2008, 11:18

LRRCast's are great for wow grinding :D

Hey Graham, How much are you selling that 40gb ipod Video for? Mine shit the bed and I dont want to shell out for a new gen ipod :P
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 22 Jul 2008, 19:38

YourBlankFile wrote:LRRCast's are great for wow grinding :D

YourBlankFile wrote:Hey Graham, How much are you selling that 40gb ipod Video for? Mine shit the bed and I dont want to shell out for a new gen ipod :P

If YourBlank doesn't feel like shelling out however much you're asking, I'd be interested.

So I guess that's an official SECOND DIBS.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009

Return to “LRRcast”