Emergency Situation

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 28 Jul 2008, 14:52

Zombaholic wrote:I didn't know Paul could squeal that loudly

It's even more entertaining in person.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Cheeseonfire

Postby Cheeseonfire » 28 Jul 2008, 15:01

I was under the impression that Paul's "squeal" was computer generated since we all know Paul is quite incapable of such ninnyness.
I'm still trying to figure out why someone didn't tell me how awesome Muse is.
Zombaholic
First Video: Bioshocked

Postby Zombaholic » 28 Jul 2008, 15:03

proudfoot wrote:It's even more entertaining in person.

Says mister, "I got to see Pauls' Beard in person" and "I made a documentary", and The guy Zombaholic is totally jealous of because he gets to meet his heroes in person.
Ask me anything about Reboot!
Don't ask me anything about reboot
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 28 Jul 2008, 15:22

Heroes:

Not heroes: (so much)

-m

I am not angry at you.
Nomadic
First Video: Serious Cravings

Postby Nomadic » 28 Jul 2008, 15:32

Entertaining, as usual.

Question: How'd you pull off the room so well?
Successfully lurking since 1709.
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 28 Jul 2008, 16:13

Don't worry Matt, maybe you'll fall in a pile of radioactive goop and get a super power before you die of radiation poisoning. Then you can live up to Zombaholic's infatuation of you.
If I ever come up with something witty or interesting I'm not going to display it in plain sight for you buffoons to steal away.
CygnusX1

Postby CygnusX1 » 28 Jul 2008, 16:22

great video, morgan did an excellent job as he always does in that kind of role. the green screening was great but it seemed like a lot of work for just an office scene. i had hoped for a little something more at the end, but still overall a great video
allison

Postby allison » 28 Jul 2008, 17:09

Matt wrote:Heroes:

Not heroes: (so much)

-m

how modest, matt
but those heros arn't real, or hi-larious!
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 28 Jul 2008, 17:17

Emperor Gum wrote:Something I thought was odd was that Paul was never in the same shot as Morgan or Matt.

There is only so much room in front of the screen.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 28 Jul 2008, 17:17

Oh man, before we had more Bill, now we have more Morgan, that just leaves....MORE BILL AND MORGAN!

Awesome video. I was reeeally hoping to be surprised at what the emergency actually was, so the suspense kind of died out and I was a bit disappointed at the end, but at the same time it worked beautifully into the joke. So, really, not a big deal.

Also, fucking BEAUTIFUL job green screening/editing Graham, it not only looks magnificent but it gives it a more cartoony feel, which works great with something as silly as this.

Edit: Just out of curiosity, why doesn't blog.loadingreadyrun.com forward to the blog anymore?
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 28 Jul 2008, 17:25

JesterJ. wrote:Also, fucking BEAUTIFUL job green screening/editing Graham, it not only looks magnificent but it gives it a more cartoony feel, which works great with something as silly as this.

That's a good way of putting it, because I noticed it wasn't quite as good as it was in High Noon where I actually thought they used props & a few set pieces which were entirely non-existent. But it still works for the sketch. It's hard to have large countdown screens all over like that without looking somewhat silly.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 28 Jul 2008, 17:43

Hi-Larious!, also, Morgan's character reminds me of Mr. Peterman from Seinfeld, anyone else agree?
madisontheboy

Nuclear Facility and iPhone Terms and Conditions

Postby madisontheboy » 28 Jul 2008, 18:01

On the first page of the iPhone Terms and Conditions, in BIG BOLD LETTERS, it states that the iphone cannot be used in the "operation of nuclear facilites, aircraft navigation or communications..." etc. because it "could lead to death."

I was hoping beyond hope that this would be a play on that right at the end there. I find that absolutely hilarious!
Megas3300

Postby Megas3300 » 28 Jul 2008, 18:01

Nice use of the MyLite app.
If you know what CE OS stands for please let me know!
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 28 Jul 2008, 18:37

I swear, my posts must be invisible or something. I mentioned Paul's squeel on page one, no one noticed. It gets mentioned later, everyone remarks about it.

That said, can anyone in the crew tell me what the things on the shelf behind Morgan were? The right thing was some toy dog, the middle looked like the Holy Grail from Indiana Jones, and the left one looked like a Transformer or something.

Also, did Private Curtis escape alive?

Also, what was the thing with the medals and photos?

~Alja~
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 28 Jul 2008, 18:41

There, there, dear Alja. I get ignored most of the time too.
meisbored
First Video: Daylight Savings

Postby meisbored » 28 Jul 2008, 19:07

So, proudfoot got to (sortof) be in a video...
I was just thinking if you (the crew) ever want someone different in a video, say you've written a role that just isn't quite right for any of the crew or something, I'd love to step in. I'm told I do a range of decent impressions too, if you need anything of that nature.

Seriously, email/PM me whenever and I'm down. Or at least until I finally get cracking on the stuff I've got planned for my youtube channel.
achesst

Postby achesst » 28 Jul 2008, 19:55

Evil Jim wrote:There, there, dear Alja. I get ignored most of the time too.

What? Ignore The Evil Jim? When he's so frighteningly close to my own home? Never! Perhaps not respond all the time, but never ignore.

Anyways crew, I liked the video, but that's not saying a lot because IMO everything you touch turns to gold. So really, I don't have much feedback to give you other than to keep doing what you do and how you do it, 'cause it's good...oh so good...
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 28 Jul 2008, 20:02

achesst wrote:What? Ignore The Evil Jim? When he's so frighteningly close to my own home? Never! Perhaps not respond all the time, but never ignore.

Indeeeed! Southern Wisconsin is equidistant to virtually anywhere in "Da States." Why, I could be at your very door within minutes! Beware, my friend. For The Evil Jim is always near.
Joystick Hero

Postby Joystick Hero » 28 Jul 2008, 20:16

Matt wrote:Not heroes: (so much)

-m

Perhaps not Heroes. ...But potential new Village People? Maybe.
oversoul17

Postby oversoul17 » 28 Jul 2008, 21:59

Wasn't as impressed with this one... maybe the blue screen gimmick is just getting old to me...
Dane

Postby Dane » 28 Jul 2008, 22:16

After a while I got used to the artificial background. I wish I had a green screen now. Then my Youtube videos wouldn't suck as bad.

That's the second time Paul has worn that outfit...
I draw for you. Tell me what to draw.
Berthold

Postby Berthold » 28 Jul 2008, 22:46

Now, if you had titled the video "iPhone: The Real Reason behind Fallout 3" or "Fallout 3 - The iPhone Ad", you'd have prolly 20 times more viewers on this one. Just sayin'...
Rated "E" for Excellently!
Splunge

Postby Splunge » 28 Jul 2008, 23:45

Nice video, very good job at green screening. That said...
Once I realised that the countdown was continuing shot for shot fairly consistently, I of course had to go through and watch it again to make sure.
Graham, the countdown is broken at about 1:17, during the shot where Matt is explaining how to send emails to everyone Morgan has ever known. Other than that one shot, the countdown is perfect, and I bow to your editing excellence.
Fun is the feedback the brain gives while successfully absorbing a pattern - Raph Koster
I'm think I might be indirectly responsible for Bagel Time!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 29 Jul 2008, 00:53

Berthold wrote:Now, if you had titled the video "iPhone: The Real Reason behind Fallout 3" or "Fallout 3 - The iPhone Ad", you'd have prolly 20 times more viewers on this one. Just sayin'...

Come on now, we're not complete link whores.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”