Aug 23rd :: A Little TOO Human

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Jer
LRR Crew

Aug 23rd :: A Little TOO Human

Postby Jer » 23 Aug 2008, 23:04

So, this was my first time editing a podcast, but with James away and Graham busy editing video, somebody had to step up.

I wasn't able to open James and Graham's normal scratch file, as my copy of Garage Band is out of date . . . and that meant I didn't have access to the normal music.

However, I did find a CD full of royalty free Christian music on the floor of a parking lot during (one of) our shoots today, so that provided an appropriate soundtrack. What can I say; God will provide!

Enjoy!
jtaylor
ASCII Ninja
First Video: Talk Like a Pirate

Postby jtaylor » 23 Aug 2008, 23:19

Hallelujah?
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Re: Aug 23rd :: A Little TOO Human

Postby tak197 » 23 Aug 2008, 23:20

Jer wrote:So, this was my first time editing a podcast, but with James away and Graham busy editing video, somebody had to step up.

I wasn't able to open James and Graham's normal scratch file, as my copy of Garage Band is out of date . . . and that meant I didn't have access to the normal music.

However, I did find a CD full of royalty free Christian music on the floor of a parking lot during (one of) our shoots today, so that provided an appropriate soundtrack. What can I say; God will provide!

Enjoy!

Thanks Jer. Now all we need is the ACTUAL PODCAST.

Seriously, it's not on the main page yet.
jtaylor
ASCII Ninja
First Video: Talk Like a Pirate

Postby jtaylor » 23 Aug 2008, 23:22

It's in the rss feed.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 23 Aug 2008, 23:24

I don't get the RSS feed. And it updated on the front page after I had to go into the archive for it.
Jer
LRR Crew

Postby Jer » 23 Aug 2008, 23:28

It lives!!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 23 Aug 2008, 23:36

The database has a 10min refresh. Hit the wrong end of that when we upload, then that happens.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 23 Aug 2008, 23:42

I see you guys haven't seen the various Conan chronologies
That is to say, there is an entire field of scholarship concerned only with ordering the multitude of Conan stories by either just Robert E. Howard, or all of the later authors as well.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 24 Aug 2008, 01:15

On the note of Vader & Yoda being broken because they have lightsabers: Imagine playing them, armed with broken lightsabers :D

Can't say I cared much for the christian rock music though
Last edited by Lyinginbedmon on 24 Aug 2008, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
forty6andtwo

Postby forty6andtwo » 24 Aug 2008, 01:31

ZOMG!!! Spaced Rocks Graham!! They should have made more than 2 seasons imo. Have you heard they are going to make a third movie for the Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy? The first two Being Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, the last is supposed to be either an alien invasion or a Godzilla type movie.
~~Out of work drummer in Victoria looking for a band to play with, inquire within~~
forty6andtwo

Postby forty6andtwo » 24 Aug 2008, 02:18

Holy shit, you actually both read my question, AND picked my 15 seconds of fame!! WOOO!!! To Clarify, you step into a booth that moves along on a conveyor belt, where you take care of your business, etc. wash ur hands, while the pleasantries are there with you, ie. music, the game on a screen.
And Matt, how can you possibly be Optimus Prime, when
I AM OPTIMUS PRIME.

Thanks guys, you made my day!!!
~~Out of work drummer in Victoria looking for a band to play with, inquire within~~
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 24 Aug 2008, 04:09

Good stuff... and lets call Morgan out on being a wuss for running off too.

Though I'm wondering about something related to the 15 seconds question. What was the "Creationism: The Bar" title all about?
Zhyard

Postby Zhyard » 24 Aug 2008, 04:58

What was the movie that was mentioned when you were talking about numbers?
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 24 Aug 2008, 05:16

Zhyard wrote:What was the movie that was mentioned when you were talking about numbers?

That would be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi_(film). I've known about it for a long time, but never seen it.
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 24 Aug 2008, 06:15

I was about to comment on How awesome Kathleen looks.

And then started to listen to the podcast and heard Matt's "30% less fat" comment. how rude and accidental it may have been. you do look absolutely amazing Kathleen! great work!
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 24 Aug 2008, 07:56

spartanhelmet wrote:Good stuff... and lets call Morgan out on being a wuss for running off too.

Though I'm wondering about something related to the 15 seconds question. What was the "Creationism: The Bar" title all about?

There's a club in Victoria called "Evolution".
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Jer
LRR Crew

Postby Jer » 24 Aug 2008, 09:41

Tank_girl wrote:I was about to comment on How awesome Kathleen looks.

And then started to listen to the podcast and heard Matt's "30% less fat" comment. how rude and accidental it may have been. you do look absolutely amazing Kathleen! great work!

I don't think that was intentional :S; Matt is just an accidental douche.

Also, while I am naturally slim, I think we all know that Kathleen is in WAY better shape than I am.
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 24 Aug 2008, 10:58

Hey, thanks for another awesome podcast. Question though, was this recorded differently to other podcasts?, because it sounded louder. I am, however, comparing the volume to the sound effects to tetris, so I could be wrong. Another Loading Time in the running, huzzah!

(EDIT: On second thoughts I have amended my second paragraph; getting drunk by eight does me now favors.)On a side note, I had originally decided not to enter the 15 seconds of fame because I have already won a trivia challenge, but I did a u-turn and planned to enter it this week. Alas, I know nothing about Transformers having never watched it, so I decided to postpone. Is the 15 minutes of fame a sort of replacement for the forum rank challenge (ergo people who have won should refrain), or is something different? Boring questions courtesy of Emperor Gum, sobering.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 24 Aug 2008, 16:05

15 seconds of fame is different.
Your reward is being part of the podcast. Anyone and everyone can, and should, enter. Each week if you like.
Keith K
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Keith K » 24 Aug 2008, 16:24

I tend to find Jer videos much funnier once I hear his thought process into it's creation.

So I tried the Braid demo and it's quite good. Something about it feels like the creator wanted to make his own version of Super Mario World with a western fantasy motif. It works out very well. Unfortunately that damn 1200 points price point means having to spend $30 on points via XBLM...

Great game though. I was particularly impressed by the ability to create and manipulate platforms by collecting puzzle pieces.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 24 Aug 2008, 20:07

While it lacks the usual LRR feel, I did like the different music this week. Very mellow, relaxing.

I'm also shocked to hear a LRR member, particularly Jer, talk about Christianity in a remotely serious and positive tone.

As cool as the 15 Seconds of Fame will be, getting to hear other community members, I think I'll opt to enter the alternate segment, "15 Seconds of Anonymity."

Good podcast. As usual.
danpete6
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby danpete6 » 24 Aug 2008, 20:41

graham pwns.
fbuh wrote:both mario 64 and portal taught me that cake is bad for you
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 24 Aug 2008, 22:16

Graham wrote:15 seconds of fame is different.
Your reward is being part of the podcast. Anyone and everyone can, and should, enter. Each week if you like.

Thanks; when the subject is something I know something about, I'll bring home the bacon.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 25 Aug 2008, 17:13

I would be very interested in making a timeline, though I'm not sure when I'll have time soon. Tomorrow I'm meeting with friends and possibly making a comic, Wednesday I have filming for Memory Loss, college, and a Remember update, etc.

Hopefully I'll have something before Saturday.

EDIT: Here's what I have so far.

1812 The War of 1812. Matt, Morgan, Bill, and James all participate in the war using their latent psychic abilities to set fire to the Whitehouse.
1816 Kathleen & Graham are married when they are found to be living together by an Irish Catholic priest.
2003 LoadingReadyRun is created
2008 The Pre-Emptive Too Human Review project is begun by Kathleen. Future Paul & Future Graham, with Kathleen in an iPhone, visit to alter history by discouraging tomato consumption.
2009 The Shark Armada falls to the Ursine Coalition for Picnic baskets in the Massacre of Duck 359. James Allard is assassinated with a hurled Wiimote.
2010 The Ursine Coalition attacks Kirkland and Victoria, beginning the Bear Wars. Uwe Boll is killed ten minutes in.
2011 The Orbiting Underground Moonbase is infiltrated by Ghost Bears and James dies activating the self-destruct by overloading the reactor. Matt & Morgan are hurled into space by the explosion, but are rescued by Future Canadaman.
2012 Kathleen is horribly mauled, Paul creates a Linux app (Oracle.exe) to install her consciousness on an iPhone. Graham retrieves her corpse from the Bear Fortress and successfully does so.
2013 Tomato is found to cause anti-psionic food poisoning. The tomato stock is given to several bear armies as a peace-offering, then exploded with remote plasma mines.
2014 Stale 4th Bagels enter circulation as hurled projectiles. The forces of living bears suffer massive casualties before adapting with Donut Armor. Ash becomes evil ruler of the Bear Coalition after poisoning Lord Bigfoot.
2015 Pat & Geoff are captured by Zombie Bears. Pat's final words are "Watch it grow!" before filling his devourer with expanding plastique and detonating the Bear Fortress. Geoff survives by using his rocker face to scare the explosion into submission.
2016 The crew receive a Time Helmet 4.8 from Future Paul dressed in 19th century garb, complete with anti-paradox technology to prevent head explosions
2017 The Ghost Bears salvage and partially rebuild the Yamato, it is captured just prior to completion by the Human Federation of Western Canada, lead by Bill & Jer with 300 neutral ninja forces.
2018 The Bear Wars officially end with the Battle of St. Alex Island
2019 Paul pinpoints two points in history that greatly affected the Bear War continuity. Matt & Graham correct these points to favour the human sides, resurrecting James in the process and restoring the Moonbase.
2020 Jer steals the prototype Time Wii 4.8 to travel to 2005 and trade places with his 2005 self. The attempt fails however, as Paul had previously altered the Time Wii to function within the Infinite Universes theory. However, he does succeed in preventing the Halo Wars.
2024 Kathleen is uploaded onto the Internets, accidentally causing a brief bout of ZOMGies in the Victoria area before being downloaded into a upgraded Furby.
2026 Canadaman is elected President of the United States…of the Dutch. He acquires the Time Helmet 3.6 and goes back to 2011, but does not return.
2027 Kathleen finally acquires a new body when she is uploaded from her Furby body into Paul's Phail-powered Machinimaid.
2029 Paul traps the crew in 1808 while experimenting with the Time Helmet.
2031 After 12 years, the crew returns from 1820 to the present year. Kathleen receives a more visibly human body from Korea, modelled after her 2008 self.
florn
It's Over 2000!!!

Postby florn » 26 Aug 2008, 02:04

The yotsuba&!-Cardboardman question is refering to this http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4073 ... medqb2.jpg which apears in the manga. I too thought of that connection when I saw it.

Return to “LRRcast”