Easy Bake Spore

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 15 Sep 2008, 18:09

Alja-Markir wrote:
Lord Chrusher wrote:Also Jer had been drinking out of the water earlier so Tim is some perverse Jer Matt hybrid.

Technically, unless Jer backwashed the water itself was likely not contaminated on any significant level. The outer edge of the bottle would be touched by the lips, but the water doesn't contact anything but the inside segment. Therefor it's pretty much just all Matt's saliva from when he spits.

If you can get mono from sharing your water bottle with someone, I think that proves that you can deposit DNA onto a water bottle and mix it with your own DNA.

But this theory of Tim = Matt/Jer hybrid, kinda works. Jer's taller than Matt, and Tim is about the same height as Jer, so one could postulate that there is a difference in genes.
UDP

Postby UDP » 15 Sep 2008, 18:14

The ending was loltacularistic.
danpete6
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby danpete6 » 15 Sep 2008, 18:19

teh_sam wrote:Ok, now I REALLY want to buy Spore.

i know! who DOESN'T want their very own naked tim? :lol:
fbuh wrote:both mario 64 and portal taught me that cake is bad for you
BirdofPrey

Postby BirdofPrey » 15 Sep 2008, 18:25

Flewellyn wrote:
browncoat wrote:
empath wrote:For example, how does Matt teleport himself around like that?

He's a ninja. D'uh!

So does this mean an imminent showdown between Matt and Bill?
I thought Jer was gonna kill Bill
I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 15 Sep 2008, 18:55

Master Gunner wrote:Yeah, yeah, shameless plugging, I know. Seriously though, use it, edit it, update it. It's for the good of all of us.

Except the ones who are dead.

Re: the video -- LRR, Spore, and JoCo in one sensory experience...this is overwhelming.

Somebody proposed creature creator machinima in a comment above; I think it might be interesting (a chance for at least an Attenborough reference), but one Spore video is enough.
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 15 Sep 2008, 19:50

tak197 wrote:But this theory of Tim = Matt/Jer hybrid, kinda works. Jer's taller than Matt, and Tim is about the same height as Jer, so one could postulate that there is a difference in genes.

Also, I can't think of any other reason for the prominent shot of Jer taking a drink at the start of the video.

GREAT video, guys. And Jer needs to record a bonus video performing Skullcrusher Mountain properly. LOVE that song, and Jer could easily do it justice.
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
allison

Postby allison » 15 Sep 2008, 19:55

!!!
SERIOUS L O Ls
!!!
achesst

Postby achesst » 15 Sep 2008, 20:09

Too tired from... 6 hours of Physical chemistry homework to write good review. Great job with the cloning syrup, Matt. Thanks for funny vid...see you next week.
Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 15 Sep 2008, 20:15

:shock: That was way more of Tim than I ever thought of seeing!
... Not that I mind, per say, just remarking.

MEANWHILE -- Way to pack over 9000 references in there, guys! More Underpantaloons is always wanted :)
(also, Matt's hair was really awesome in the tshirt ad)
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 15 Sep 2008, 20:28

Morgans Rep has been over-taken. Bring on the naked-Tim!!!
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 15 Sep 2008, 21:12

love the vid. very clever. i was wondering if there'd ever be an official tim/matt clone bit.
way to get that damn song in my head, though.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 15 Sep 2008, 21:24

masamune wrote:i was wondering if there'd ever be an official tim/matt clone bit.

We figured we'd get it out of the way early.

Also, unknown to me, "Baker Street" [which was the name of the Commodore SID music file I used for the music] is an actual song, by Garry Rafferty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgbGaYTkkPU

I usually try and avoid using "real" songs, but... well here we are.
Besides, Survivor was in there already, so there's no going back.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 15 Sep 2008, 22:58

(Warning: this is kinda long, but I figured out something kinda interesting)

In regards to the Bill v Jer or Bill v Matt Final showdown, I think Matt and Bill would make more sense.

Yes, Jer could have killed Bill, but the way I see it, at the end of Return of the Bill, Jer was grabbing the dagger to protect himself from Bill, as Bill held onto the katana to protect himself from Jer. It was mutually assured destruction. Also, Jer has the powers of the shaolin warriors, but he doesn't have the discretion to determine when and where to use it (SEE Pull Yourself Together), so he's not really considered to be as big a threat, because Bill has Jer stunted in his ninja-skill education.

How does this disprove the "Jer was a ninja in two videos, so he has to be" theory? Well in "Lock Out", Jer is only using his ninja disguise to be a bother with the room key. And seeing as Graham was able to take it from him, he's not a good enough ninja to circumvent a defense. As for "E-Zed Industries", that was in Jer's early days of training, and if you notice, Paul is the only one who looks like he is visibly killed, while Morgan and James look merely subdued and by the "ninja". Paul, however, is dead already, and it's easy to return him to that state. As for Graham's character, Matt is the one who summons the ninja, and ninjas only answer to their own kind.

Also Matt moonlights as a student at the same academy as Naruto (I'd use the name, but I don't watch crappy overhyped anime, or anime period), has the ability to show up in different states and places withing a fraction of a second, and has on one occasion in particular, killed many people in order to survive. Sure he looked like a WoW battleaxe wielding PC, but that was all a clever ruse to allow him to kill and kill again.

So in the end, it isn't Jer, but MATT who is the real professional ninja, and therefore Bill will have to battle Matt in a post-apocalyptic street battle to prevent the destruction of mankind.
Pretzelcoatl
The Feathered Pretzel

Postby Pretzelcoatl » 15 Sep 2008, 23:49

It's not long before LRR overtakes the Zelda series for most convoluted madeup timeline. Hmm...we need to draw some Charts.
"Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
~Douglas Adams
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 16 Sep 2008, 00:00

Pretzelcoatl wrote:It's not long before LRR overtakes the Zelda series for most convoluted madeup timeline. Hmm...we need to draw some Charts.

Have you not read the Timeline of the LRRd?
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
JoeNewberry
First Video: Rejected "Get a Mac" Ads

Postby JoeNewberry » 16 Sep 2008, 01:01

Graham wrote:
Tim wrote:
Flewellyn wrote:And the XKCD reference, I think, was "I'm going to do science like no one has done before!" or somesuch.

That wasn't intended to be a reference: in my understanding, "I'm going to do science!" is practically a meme.

Pretty much this.

I like to think it starts with the movie Lost Skeleton of Cadavra, where Dr. Paul Armstrong keeps talking about how he's going to do science throughout the movie.

"Keep cooking like that and I won't even be able to move, let alone do science." - Paul Armstrong

Hilarious video, by the way. Loved Matt's cut-ins at the beginning. Classic gag, knowing that another interruption is coming any second.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 16 Sep 2008, 02:48

Matt dropping the dice into the bowl was fantastic. I luled hard on that one.

I kinda felt that the beginning was slow, and confused the point of the video, even if there were some great jokes in it.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 16 Sep 2008, 03:38

Cake wrote:I kinda felt that the beginning was slow, and confused the point of the video

Having a bit of wind-up made my head ASPLODE even more. The ending almost had me drop-jawed since it seemed so ridiculously quick and 'WTF?' compared to the rest.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 16 Sep 2008, 03:55

Great video, I had thought it would be another music video when it started up. I likethe immediate cuts with Matt and Paul making a sudden appearence, my kind of quick and goofy comedy. My favourite lines have to be: "Technically I think this is intelligent design...or at least design" and "Is some one doing science in here?"
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 16 Sep 2008, 06:59

BirdofPrey wrote:I thought Jer was gonna kill Bill

No, that's Uma Thurman.
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 16 Sep 2008, 07:47

"Is someone doing science in here?!"

I lol'd.
MasterKuno

Postby MasterKuno » 16 Sep 2008, 08:50

Matt.... white ninja or Nightcrawler spawn?
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 16 Sep 2008, 09:01

Sad thing is, I just reread what I typed above when i was exhausted, and it still makes sense. Weird.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 16 Sep 2008, 10:43

Flewellyn wrote:
BirdofPrey wrote:I thought Jer was gonna kill Bill

No, that's Uma Thurman.

+1
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 16 Sep 2008, 11:34

hey, i didnt know UPS delivers things with Fed Ex packaging on it, weird.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”