Heroes Season 3...(No Spoilers)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Heroes Season 3...(No Spoilers)

Postby Tensen01 » 22 Sep 2008, 18:47

Has jumped the shark.

I'm done with this show. It's like the writers didn't even watch the previous seasons.

As far as I'm concerned Heroes is like the Matrix... The first one's the only one that matters.
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 22 Sep 2008, 18:52

THE CHEERLEADER KILLED DUMBLEDORE
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 22 Sep 2008, 19:06

I'll let you know my opinion once I find somewhere I can watch it.

I really do miss not having TV.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
userpjx

Postby userpjx » 22 Sep 2008, 19:20

I'll start by saying that I've seen every episode of Heroes and kind of like it. Also, the season 3 premiere is better than season 2's at the very least.

That being said, I submit that Heroes hasn't jumped the shark, but was never really good to begin with. I tried really hard to like it, but most of time I'm actually bored. To be good a show needs some good character drama, but the characters are always separated. It feels like I'm watching 5 different shows that on occasion cross over. Although there were some characters I liked (Noah and Hiro), the majority of them were pretty meh. Someone should tell them that it's ok to have some characters that don't have super powers.

The characters might be redeemable if there was some good mythology to back it up, but instead we gets plot holes by the barrel. Although I love Hiro, the writers are actually legitimately terrible with time paradoxes. Also, there doesn't need to be an apocalypse to prevent every season.

I guess I'll just have to accept that the show will never be that great, which is a shame because a good superhero show with a budget like Heroes should be great. Also time travel rocks.

At least Lost is still good...
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 22 Sep 2008, 19:29

This season premiere is kinda weird.

I like that Hiro has a nemesis now. I don't like how every season in the first episode they have some foretelling of the future and people try to stop it. They should let some sort of development happen naturally. :/

And I hope to got what Mrs. Petrelli said at the end of episode 2 isn't true.
I can't think of a signature.
AwesomeAndrew

Postby AwesomeAndrew » 22 Sep 2008, 19:30

Meh, It's not as good, but whatever I still enjoy it. I'm one of those people who once they start watching a series that has a good first season until it's done.
This signature is mediocre.
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 22 Sep 2008, 19:41

I only got to see the first episode. Which makes me sad. I'm hoping it comes up on Hulu or NBC's website sometime tonight. :S
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 22 Sep 2008, 19:49

I enjoyed the opener tonight. It wasn't perfect but I found it to be more enjoyable than most of last season. When Tim Kring formally apologized for what Season 2 had become earlier this year I had to give the man props. And for that i will continue to watch and enjoy the show as long as it remains slightly enjoyable.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 22 Sep 2008, 19:52

Well, if that's the case, I'm glad I haven't seen season 2. I vowed to not watch anymore after the ending sucked so much in season 1.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex

Postby Tensen01 » 22 Sep 2008, 19:59

Meh... Badly-written. It's like they didn't watch any of the previous episodes.

The only storylines I'm looking forward to are the Nathan and Parkman ones.

I enjoyed season 2 and am holding out no hope for season 3.
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 22 Sep 2008, 20:18

Tensen01 wrote:I enjoyed season 2 and am holding out no hope for season 3.

That is the oddest thing I have heard all night. You didn't enjoy the show tonight but you liked the 2nd season?

BRAIN. CANNOT. COMPUTE!
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex

Postby Tensen01 » 22 Sep 2008, 20:27

James wrote:
Tensen01 wrote:I enjoyed season 2 and am holding out no hope for season 3.

That is the oddest thing I have heard all night. You didn't enjoy the show tonight but you liked the 2nd season?

BRAIN. CANNOT. COMPUTE!

I mean, it wasn't the best show I watched but yeah, I enjoyed season 2. It made a hell of a lot more sense than the existential fever dream I watched tonight.

Of course, there's a lot of "popular" shows I can't stand.
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 23 Sep 2008, 06:31

Whiners.

The show was good. The only thing I have to look forward to is you guys not complaining about it anymore, because you won't be watching it.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 23 Sep 2008, 06:45

(Has watched, like, five minutes of Heroes ever.)

(Not for any reason, mostly because he hates network TV programming and commercials for idiotic reality shows.)

(Seriously, I can barely stand to watch them even when they're muted. I subconsciously stopped watching Tripping The Rift because I couldn't stand the Mad Mad House ads at the beginning of EVERY commercial break.)

(Loves all three Matrices, although 1 is still the best.)

(Caught a disease from an infected modem where he has to talk in parentheses.)
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 23 Sep 2008, 07:15

ok, so by "no spoilers" do you mean, no talking about what actually happened in the past episode, in case someone reads this who hasn't seen the episode yet, or don't talk about whats going to happen in the rest of season?
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 23 Sep 2008, 07:31

Brinson wrote:Whiners.

The show was good. The only thing I have to look forward to is you guys not complaining about it anymore, because you won't be watching it.

LOLS
Unclever title

Postby Unclever title » 23 Sep 2008, 07:58

korri wrote:ok, so by "no spoilers" do you mean, no talking about what actually happened in the past episode, in case someone reads this who hasn't seen the episode yet, or don't talk about whats going to happen in the rest of season?

I would imagine the answer is, yes, to both, because the 2nd season left a lot of questions open and the 1st episode in season 3 at least half answers some of them.

So if you really want to discuss either just make a new thread.

Personally there are some aspects of this that I look forward to, but when it comes down to it this is pretty much the Heroes formula, a problem or something is introduced in which the intent is supposed to confuse the audience, for some it's to the point of alienation, others it's more just plain suspense. I already dislike half the stuff they've established, but as was said some things with Hiro, Parkman, Noah, and to a limited aspect Petrelli (Peter) but to even go into generalities with Peter at this point is to be giving away spoilers.

That's pretty much that guy's REAL power... you know in spoilers. Actually that's confusing to say.
My train of thought is more like a roller coaster that has loop de loops and no safety bars.
I don't know if I'm tall enough to ride.
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 23 Sep 2008, 08:49

I didn't really dislike anything about the premiere.

I'm really digging the new villains, and the scene with Sylar/Claire was well done. Sylar still stands as the best character on the show.
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 23 Sep 2008, 09:32

How about we set some guidelines. No talking about the new episode until the next day. That'll give people time to watch it online who missed the episode. And if they missed the episode, well, they shouldn't be in a thread like this.

I still hope Mrs. Petrelli was being shifty with what she said. I liked everything up until then.

And I hope Ando is a robot. :)
I can't think of a signature.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 23 Sep 2008, 21:21

King Kool wrote:Matrices

Re: pluralization -- YES.
Bob The Magic Camel

Postby Bob The Magic Camel » 24 Sep 2008, 12:17

I loved the bit where the stuff happened to those people. Oh, this is the non-spoilers thread? Sorry guys.

On a serious note, being England based I haven't seen it yet, we have to wait ~10 days after you lot get it, which is better than the 6 months previous sereises took.
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 24 Sep 2008, 12:28

Bob The Magic Camel wrote:I loved the bit where the stuff happened to those people. Oh, this is the non-spoilers thread? Sorry guys.

On a serious note, being England based I haven't seen it yet, we have to wait ~10 days after you lot get it, which is better than the 6 months previous sereises took.

nbc.com. They've got them up on the site.
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 24 Sep 2008, 19:00

Those sites have region restrictions, unfortunately. Fox does it, NBC does it...every channel that does online content still endeavors to keep it from those whose countries don't have it yet.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 25 Sep 2008, 07:06

And that's why I love Tor

Most of those sites only filter the IP adresses, so with a proxy tunnel to the states, I can access it :p
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Unclever title

Postby Unclever title » 25 Sep 2008, 08:12

Of course hypothetically there are many less than legal streaming sites which hypothetically host episodes of heroes and hypothetically link to a hypothetical link site with a hypothetical address of something like "www . sidereel . com"

Hypothetically speaking of course. :D
My train of thought is more like a roller coaster that has loop de loops and no safety bars.

I don't know if I'm tall enough to ride.

Return to “General Discussion”