Rapidfire II - 03

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Graham
Super Moderator

Rapidfire II - 03

Postby Graham » 06 Oct 2008, 23:55

An extra long one this week, to make the others seem even faster by comparison!

Also, we shot a lot of stuff...
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 07 Oct 2008, 00:09

FIRST!!!

Also great video, you guys do excellent work.
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 07 Oct 2008, 00:12

Nice job guys. I like how the Warriors of Darkness were in the ad this time. Pretty good. I don't think the ending was as good in this one as the others but it was decent, not good for a chuckle though.

Oo Johnny Blakeborough (sorry for the mix-up) you and your lack of imagination make me chuckle in such a way. And I like how the ad campaigners are getting more and more interesting.

Shush Guy is fastly becoming one of my favorite characters. I hope we see a twist coming up though. Like sushing stops working and so he just goes into a storm of cussing...I suppose saying that makes it less funny if it does happen because the I will have predicted it but oh well.

You just got fridged is getting old fast though.

Thanks for the weekly funny.

EDIT-James I hate you so much right now...I was going to edit mine to say First and you just had to post a short quick message... praising a movie you're in none the less :P One day I will get the rights of first...one day.
Last edited by Frozengale on 07 Oct 2008, 10:47, edited 2 times in total.
If I ever come up with something witty or interesting I'm not going to display it in plain sight for you buffoons to steal away.
kristopf

Postby kristopf » 07 Oct 2008, 00:13

"Are those ass pants? Cause you've got a nice butt."

Pure. Gold.

Also, great to see the return of explanations guy. Probably my favorite bit from the first season of rapidfire.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 07 Oct 2008, 00:16

James wrote:FIRST!!!

Also great video, you guys do excellent work.

Huh, I guess this makes it full circle?

That was awesome! The return of the explanations was hilarious, and I loved Mr Sssh in the car accident.

Also, as a friend to quite a few bell ringers (Surely few in the national bell-ringing population don't know my mother), the off-tempo bell ringing was extremely amusing to me :D

My only complaint, of course, is that Rapidfire is not canon for the Timeline, so I've got just the LRRcast to work with this week :roll:
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Hawkaris
First Video: 1337

Postby Hawkaris » 07 Oct 2008, 00:21

"Buying a T-shirt."

It was nice seeing the the return of Explanations, and the Rodriguez bit was fantastic, but the T-shirt ad takes the cake this week.
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 07 Oct 2008, 00:31

Good stuff. Not quite a humorous as the second one, though.

I liked the bells. Steve would drive me nuts too. The return of explanation guy made me smile at first, but then it was kind of the same as before, except that he had many cans.

I liked the "fridged", especially how animated Morgan is after it drops. I want to be at Cornett to see that :)

Nice to see Riley and Rodrigues finally moving forward. Also, the soup at White Spot is poisonous, don't eat it.

I didn't get what was in the box that was delivered. The election bits were very well done, but the bar scenes weren't especially funny.

The camera work on the car crash was nice. I don't think we have seen Graham driving before.

At 4:55 the music for the next scene starts before the scene changes, and we are left with the church for some extra time. On purpose?

I guess the Warriors of Darkness are not as friendly as they look :) Prediction - in the next one it will turn out that both victims are actually being held hostage in the basement and being forced to play endless D&D.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 07 Oct 2008, 00:34

I see that you found the tape for the explanation sketches.

Also criminalizing the passive voice would make most technical writing a lot more difficult and a lot more awkward.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
AeroCmdr
Requires Additional Pylons

Postby AeroCmdr » 07 Oct 2008, 00:46

Great video! I quite like Steve.
missingglassmarbles

Postby missingglassmarbles » 07 Oct 2008, 00:49

NINTH post!

... Because it shouldn't matter when you post.

Shush guy was funniest, and Matt did a very good angry driver. The Rodriguez and O'Rielly sketch was funny too. Overall, it was nice to see twists. Fridged is getting a little old.

I give this vid dot-dot-dot, circle, 3/4 triangle, out of a possible dot-dot-dot, circle, full triangle.

Edit: Don't criminalize the passive voice, it is needed by people!

Jessica
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 07 Oct 2008, 01:01

This is my favourite rapid fire so far.
Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 07 Oct 2008, 01:19

Ooooooooh, this was GREAT. I had a constant giggle going throughout the entire video that perpetually turned into full blown laughter, mostly due to the triumphant return of the Explanation sequence (one of my very favorite parts of Rapidfire Series 1)

Awesome job, guys!! :D
Taawus

Postby Taawus » 07 Oct 2008, 01:29

Epic win. period.
I dont suffer from insanity,i enjoy every minute of it.
Splunge

Postby Splunge » 07 Oct 2008, 01:38

Good video, many laughs throughout.
Truly, it would have been an empty Rapidfire season without the Explanation (was expecting another cut to a ridiculous number of soda cans, but the cake switch was pure gold).
With the bell ringing, was the guy coming out and stamping on his coat in front of the arch scripted for when Steve was kicked out, or was that just random luck with your filming to have such a perfect event? It's too far away to tell if it's a cast member.
Fun is the feedback the brain gives while successfully absorbing a pattern - Raph Koster
I'm think I might be indirectly responsible for Bagel Time!
Splunge

Postby Splunge » 07 Oct 2008, 01:40

...Also seem to me that Riley always seems to know a bit too much about the crimes. Now, he may be a good detective, but I'm half expecting the last crime scene to have Rodriguez concoct an equally lengthy explanation for why Riley has been the murderer all along.
Fun is the feedback the brain gives while successfully absorbing a pattern - Raph Koster
I'm think I might be indirectly responsible for Bagel Time!
Daco
First Video: can't remember

Postby Daco » 07 Oct 2008, 01:41

Hawkaris wrote:but the T-shirt ad takes the cake this week.

the cake is a lie

anyway
i loved the video :D
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 07 Oct 2008, 01:45

James wrote:FIRST!!!

What a dick! If you're not going to contribute, STFU! Anyway, this was the best yet, the bell ringing in particular was brilliant. I can imagine just how bad is must have been to get the cars that close without scratching, Matt is a good angry person. I agree the 'fridged scene' has maybe run its course, but I'm glad the Rodrigez/Riley sketch has finally developed. Although the bar sketches I normally find unfunny, the line "have you called the ambulance, yet? You will" made me lol. Also I'm guessing Laura is going to be in another sketch, because it would be criminal just to use her for a couple of shephard introductions. Finally, by my calculations next week is the season five finale?
Sir_Substance

Postby Sir_Substance » 07 Oct 2008, 02:16

was that some giggling i heard from the cameraman when Paul got fridged?
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 07 Oct 2008, 02:49

ahh, that matt bit in the ad was gold.
when morgan was behind that tree facing the camera i could've sworn he was tory melleci from mythbusters.
agreed that this should be the end of fridged in rapidfire, though, down the track having it happen in the background in a regular LRR ep would be great.
nice work guys.

p.s. i may be playing way too much GTAIV, but i'd have loved to hear "stupid malaka!" as the cars hit each other.
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 07 Oct 2008, 02:53

Sir_Substance wrote:was that some giggling i heard from the cameraman when Paul got fridged?

That's what I though; also Meg and Jack aren't siblings, they're divorcees.
xahldera
First Video: Wyy

Postby xahldera » 07 Oct 2008, 03:48

Wait...you get the Royal Mail in Canada? Isn't it Canada Post that does deliveries in Canada? And I don't think Royal Mail postman travel that far out of the UK?

And where did you get that top anyway? Isn't it like Government property or am I mistaken?

Other than that confusion, I'm happy to see the return of the explanation sketch. :D
xahldera...
Der Greys Der Hunde
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 07 Oct 2008, 04:05

Graham's beard still hawt.

Anyway I liked this rapidfire. I happen to like the bar jokes especially, I've been trying them out myself as a matter of fact - they don't work.

Also even with vox put on Morgan's voice, I'm sorry he does not have a voice of evil - just a voice of evil wussyness.

Didn't know Royal Mail was in Canada, kinda funny.
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

co9ol

Postby co9ol » 07 Oct 2008, 04:09

let me just point out that the white stripes were actually formerly married. Their marriage certificate was made public.
but this weeks was great! especially loved the police, very unexpected. good job at shaking this up a little!
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 07 Oct 2008, 04:15

Im a huge fan of the church bells one. But over all not as 100% impressed as past rapid fires.
hypno_toad

Postby hypno_toad » 07 Oct 2008, 04:20

Actually, Jack and Meg white were formerly married. They are not brother and sister. Other than that, it was great.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”