commodoreHUSTLE 01 - Laundry

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 20 Oct 2008, 22:09

That woman gave me cancer.

~Alja~
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 20 Oct 2008, 22:11

By the way Alja, no offense but your new avatar makes me very uncomfortable.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Philes

Postby Philes » 20 Oct 2008, 22:20

Are you serious? I get 14+ minutes of video awesomeness? I'm totally behind this stuff. If you guys get momentum I'll be right there buyin' shit and watching your videos and laughing. The "sitcom" nature of this update moves you away from the "shorts" area and more into the area of standardized serial television entertainment. Hopefully, someone somewhere will see this and pick you guys up for a show so you can devote more of your energies to LRR. Worst case scenario, you've made a stranger somewhere laugh his pants off.

Even more so than before I wish I'd have been able to come out and see your anniversary special last weekend (I just live too far away -_-). You guys seem like a cool group to hang out with....which I think is a large part of why I like what you produce weekly.
There are things in this world that I dislike. One of the things I dislike the most is a serious argument, well constructed, delivered by someone who makes themselves difficult to respect.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 20 Oct 2008, 22:25

A++++++++++++++++ would watch again.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
theduckthief

Postby theduckthief » 20 Oct 2008, 22:28

I have to say, I much enjoyed the Saturday viewing as it had audience reaction though on second viewing I still enjoy this most epic of vids.

My fav part is Jer finding his own wanted poster. Can't wait to see where you guys take this.
In Soviet Russia Desert Bus crashes Bill twice!
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 20 Oct 2008, 22:32

I would like to see a .gif of Jer finding his own wanted poster. I wouldn't use it as an avatar though (lacks cake).
Jester

Postby Jester » 20 Oct 2008, 22:41

Wow...3 pages already.

Loved it, seldom do I post in the video discussion threads, for I am a noob and don't always get the "in" jokes, but it's great to see a new series with newish continuity, just basic character quirks carrying over.

Good show everyone. Great acting, great writing, great all around. Makes me seriously wonder why I even attempt to watch "comedy" shows on TV anymore all the great stuff is on-line.

Now, as it is 1:40 am here and I have work at 8:00 I bid you all adue. Man, I'm surprised this post is relativity coherent and not, "I LOVE PUPPIES!!! GRAHAM AND PAUL= LOLZ!"
Lissette Arevalo

Postby Lissette Arevalo » 20 Oct 2008, 22:47

Tapir12 wrote:Saw it on Sat and loved it. Didn't speak up mostly because all I had to say was

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Also

Tim wrote:It was shooped.

Shoop, doop e doop, doop e doop, doop e doop e doop e doop....

What song is that? It's bugging me now.

Here I go, Here I go, Here I go again...girls what's my weakness? MEN!

Chillin Chillin, minding my business...etc...

Salt 'n pepa
>)i(<
wilson_x1999
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wilson_x1999 » 20 Oct 2008, 22:47

That was seriously awesome.

Morgan never ceases to amuse me, I lol'ed with the "In England" joke XD

I'm thinking that doing the HUSTLE will take more of your time, so I guess we won't be seeing more Phailhaus in the near future?
DewKnight
First Video: Stalking

Postby DewKnight » 20 Oct 2008, 22:48

epic. full of awesome. can't wait for more.
Fuzzyfreaker
First Video: CSI: CSI

Postby Fuzzyfreaker » 20 Oct 2008, 22:48

So, came home from a late night of selling Fable II at midnight (Note: Great time to schedule me for my first day...) and I come home to this.

Just... wow. This is really some stunning stuff. This is the most quality I've seen in all 3 years of watching this site, I thought you guys had hit your cinematography mark with stuff like Skeletor's Dick, but this was some really amazing work.

Is there loading time on this? I'm really interested in how some of this was done, and how long it took. I'm a film major (well... in a way), and would love to hear more about this. If not, I suppose there's always the podcast...
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 20 Oct 2008, 22:49

Also, I love Jer's Scrabble shirt. I want one.
Madhatter

Postby Madhatter » 20 Oct 2008, 22:56

Well i've been watching LRR since desert bus and i've gotta say, this is one of the best quality episodes i've seen so far.
You guys are really evolving and in a way i actually feel pretty proud :)

Thanks for supplying us all with such great, constant, free, entertainment!
We're more then carbon and chemicals.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 20 Oct 2008, 23:02

Cake wrote:I would like to see a .gif of Jer finding his own wanted poster. I wouldn't use it as an avatar though (lacks cake).

Can't get enough of teabagging yourself, eh?
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 20 Oct 2008, 23:07

God, this video was so fucking awesome! I honestly wasn't prepared for that sort of greatness... you guys really should've put a warning label on the video, or something. The prospect of watching 15 minutes of this sort of pure, concentrated WIN every month makes my heart go all pitter-patter. See what you've done, LRR crew? I'm gonna need a pacemaker now.

That's okay, though, I can deal with minor respiration troubles if it means you'll keep dishing out amazing videos like this one :D
Elaro
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby Elaro » 20 Oct 2008, 23:30

Oh man, oh man, this video is magnificent. Inspirational, actually.

Though I thought it had significantly more "flash" than usual (transitional effects, background music, etc). I for one thinks that if it doesn't serve the comedy directly, then it's... tacky, I guess. For example, the background music that turns out to be Bill's ringtone is funny. The scene-spanning background music? Not so much. It's even distracting, actually.

Now, has your inbox been flooded with offers from television studios yet?

EDIT: Can't wait to hear the podcast.
JoeNewberry
First Video: Rejected "Get a Mac" Ads

Postby JoeNewberry » 20 Oct 2008, 23:35

My vote is, it's awesome. This is a great idea. Honestly, after listening to all the podcasts yet again I think I'd probably come back every week just to watch you guys sitting around doing nothing. You're like my unreachable Canadian friends, that never let me get a word in edgewise.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 21 Oct 2008, 00:06

This is awesome on several levels.... 14 minutes of awesome.

I did think that when James goes through the stages there would be a winter squash involved somehow :P
The cutting between the different sceans of morgan infron of the mirror was cool.

Now I can't think of anything more to write... i shoudl be able to write a whole report about it but I just got up.

Anyway awesome all around.

(Fun note, I first watched this vid on my PS3)
Ragepyro

Postby Ragepyro » 21 Oct 2008, 00:17

That video was so awesome, it inspired me to register on these forums just to say how awesome it was.

And do you actually have a password system like that? Because that would just be awesome.

But yeah, wish I could have come to the screening, but i'm kinda over the ocean, however, keep making more, this was just awesome (^o^).

I've used the word awesome so many times in this one post, I might as well use it once more.

Awesome.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 21 Oct 2008, 00:42

Evil Jim wrote:By the way Alja, no offense but your new avatar makes me very uncomfortable.

Interesting. I can only wonder how it makes Graham feel.

~Alja~
RobertMc123

Commodore Hustle

Postby RobertMc123 » 21 Oct 2008, 00:44

This really reminded me of Spaced, and I loved it. I miss Spaced.
Love the sitcom format and hope to see it continue. Great work guys.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 21 Oct 2008, 00:46

Evil Jim wrote:By the way Alja, no offense but your new avatar makes me very uncomfortable.

Alja-Markir wrote:Interesting. I can only wonder how it makes Graham feel.

~Alja~

No kidding. Even tho' it's genuine LRR content it's just... very.... disturbing.
forty6andtwo

Postby forty6andtwo » 21 Oct 2008, 01:10

LoL @ Matt coming home with like 3 times as much laundry as he had before he left, I'm not sure if that was meant as a joke but I laughed.
~~Out of work drummer in Victoria looking for a band to play with, inquire within~~
Michiel

Postby Michiel » 21 Oct 2008, 01:41

[edit]
Last edited by Michiel on 26 Oct 2008, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 21 Oct 2008, 01:59

Evil Jim wrote:No kidding. Even tho' it's genuine LRR content it's just... very.... disturbing.

What I really like about it though, is that the quality degredation that occured while creating it makes it look like an FMV clip from some old PC game. Wish I could purposefully create that kind of look.

~Alja~

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”