Moms

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Cake
Magically Delicious

Moms

Postby Cake » 04 Nov 2008, 04:03

Maybe it's just my age. Maybe she's worried about me. I don't know. Alls I know is that my mom keeps trying to get me married. And she lives 800 miles away. For instance, she went to Nebraska this weekend, and I don't know the fine details, but she got this girl's address, and thinks I'm going to marry her. Is this normal for moms? Are they supposed to try and marry off their sons when their sons turn 21?
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 04 Nov 2008, 04:24

You know.... it doesn't matter how many times i am told, i keep thinking that your a girl Cake.... So when you said your mom is trying to get you to marry some girl i was like wow... go mom!

As far as your actual question goes, i think some mom's just want you to be happy...... that and grand kids.... almost all mom's want grandbabies.
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 04 Nov 2008, 04:39

Tank_girl wrote:You know.... it doesn't matter how many times i am told, i keep thinking that your a girl Cake.... So when you said your mom is trying to get you to marry some girl i was like wow... go mom!

lololololol.

scary. my mother isn't like that at all. i thought that stuff was only in bad films. i'm 24 and my mother has never once tried to marry me off... which is good for her health.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 04 Nov 2008, 04:57

my mom hasn't tried to set me up with anyone, probably because she already has one daughter who is already married and will hopefully get grandbabbies that way
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 04 Nov 2008, 05:18

I'd be pretty worried, if that happened to me...
21 isn't marrying age anyway, at least not to me. You've only just started really being an adult, you can't be expected to want to settle down right away. That's not to say that you want to just sleep with as many people as possible, but like, at least for me, I wouldn't know by then that I wanted to set up with someone and have a family.
(I'm 21 too by the way, so I guess I might just be talking about me.... :/)

I dunno if I've helped any, but whatever. I hope it all works out OK for you.

You never know, this girl might be really nice :)
Tetsubo

Postby Tetsubo » 04 Nov 2008, 05:26

I got married the first time at 32. I got married the second time at 40. My Mother didn't seem to care about the married part so much as the grandchild part. But I have no children, want no children and will not be delivering any to her. She is rather vexed with me.
--
Tetsubo
--------------------------------------
Deviant Art: http://ironstaff.deviantart.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tetsubo57
DicyDax

Postby DicyDax » 04 Nov 2008, 05:40

I ain't gon' be married....... Ever....... But I suppose I'm going to get some babies or some shit...
HURR DURR!
GHOVO
First Video: 1337. I think

Postby GHOVO » 04 Nov 2008, 05:47

My mum (or mom as you spell it, Mam for my Dad) never wants me to get married ... ever. She hates EVERY girl I become friends with, which I can imagine being equally annoying as your mum trying to hook you up.

Although if my mum brought me back a girls address I'd just write them a letter making you out to be a sex fiend. Just a letter that goes like this:

Dear (blank),
What are you wearing?

Yours sincerely, Cake

P.S on the whole Grandbabies thing, I am to be a dad soon, so my mum is to be a grandmother soon. And she isn't exactly jumping for joy.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 04 Nov 2008, 05:54

My parents got married around their mid-twenties.

So help me if she tries to set me up that early, heck knows my brother will have fathered many grandchildren for her by then anyway with his regards to responsibility and such.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 04 Nov 2008, 06:55

My mom got married at 26, I believe.

When I was born, they played a game at the baby shower: everyone assumed she was 16. Just a funny story.

21 is not the age to get married. 21 is the age to get educated and find a job. 25 is a much better age for marriage.

Particularly because I'm not there yet. :wink:
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 04 Nov 2008, 07:24

Yah pretty sure my parents got married in their mid 20's.

I think the ideal age for marriage is around 27 or 28, and that point the majority of your 20's is over and most people that age are beginning to seriously look at what exactly they plan on doing for the rest of their lives. Or at the very least are mature enough to put themselves in that kind of long term commitment. At this point (I am 25) I am more of the later than anything.
wilson_x1999
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wilson_x1999 » 04 Nov 2008, 07:33

I'm 27, I'd like to get married and have children eventually, but I'm single and have no prospects in sight.

Hopefully I'll get married and have kids before I turn 50 XD
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 04 Nov 2008, 07:37

wilson_x1999 wrote:I'm 27, I'd like to get married and have children eventually, but I'm single and have no prospects in sight.

Hopefully I'll get married and have kids before I turn 50 XD

Unless you become the new Hugh Hefner in that period.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 04 Nov 2008, 07:38

While I agree 100% with Yukikaze, I still don't see age stopping me when I found the right girl. You see, when two people fall deeply in love, they... well you know. And since it's against my religion to "you know" before I'm married, and I fully intend to live by that, I can see myself entering into a marriage at a younger age. Once I found someone I love that much that is.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 04 Nov 2008, 07:47

My mom married at 17. She was done having kids by 20, and had both of us out of the house by 40.

I'm 26 with no prospects in sight.

So much for following parental precedence.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 04 Nov 2008, 08:46

my mom had my older sis when she was 29, and then me when she was 33 and my bro when she was 37... Which in my opinion is when I would like to have kids.. ie, after i go to grad school get my phd and have a good job

although I'll admit it, I'm terrified of not finding someone when i get older.. I really wanna get married and have kids (call me old fashioned, but i do)
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 04 Nov 2008, 08:56

Yukikaze wrote:21 is not the age to get married. 21 is the age to get educated and find a job. 25 is a much better age for marriage.

:|

don't say things like that. I'm 25.

how about 30?

-m

I am not angry at you.
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 04 Nov 2008, 08:59

My mum seems very disappointed that i don't have any kids, she always says things like "it doesn't look like ill be having any grandkids" I'm sure its not meant to make me feel bad, but sometimes it does. I don't want kids.

She got married and had kids young, I think she figures thats what everybody should do. Now that i think about it i'm glad she hasn't tried to set me up with anyone, even though it's probably only because she realises how hopeless with women i am hahaha.
I don't feel any great desire to get married at all, though having a girlfriend might be good.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 04 Nov 2008, 09:01

Matt wrote:
Yukikaze wrote:21 is not the age to get married. 21 is the age to get educated and find a job. 25 is a much better age for marriage.

how about 30?

-m

Now would not be the best time to mention then that my parents had both me and my brother at around age 25...
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 04 Nov 2008, 09:47

My parents for the longest time pestered me to get a girlfriend. Then when I came out to them they just stopped pestering me and have left the subject alone. I do indeed intend to marry and i do intend to have a child someday. so the family name will be carried on.
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 04 Nov 2008, 09:56

Lyinginbedmon wrote:
Matt wrote:

how about 30?

-m

Now would not be the best time to mention then that my parents had both me and my brother at around age 25...

my parents married at 21, but didn't have me until they were in their thirties.

My plan is to start from my 30s. I have my own life to live, before I worry about settling down.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 04 Nov 2008, 09:57

My mom never got married. :(
But she keeps dropping hints that I should.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
FreakOfNature

Postby FreakOfNature » 04 Nov 2008, 10:25

While my mom may not be getting after me to get married she's determined that either myself or my brother will give her grandkids.
We keep trying to tell her that the closest she'll ever get is whatever pets we get.
don't you hate the excuse 'Your so young, you don't know what you want yet'
If music is the food of love, play on.
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 04 Nov 2008, 10:33

What ever happened to getting married at 16, giving birth to at least five children and then have the eldest take over your farm? I miss those days.
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 04 Nov 2008, 10:49

Tank_girl wrote:You know.... it doesn't matter how many times i am told, i keep thinking that your a girl Cake.

:shock:
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!

Return to “General Discussion”