Sleep Dep #2

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
duckie

Sleep Dep #2

Postby duckie » 29 Dec 2005, 03:36

Ohohohoho! We are in the process of doing a 48 hour sleep depravation project of our own (in this case, for our science class) and felt it necessary to inform you all (Graham in particular) that we are now at 42 hours and do not plan to stop. Therefore: Graham = pwn'd.

Please excuse any horrible gramatical errors: we are really tired. Seriously. REALLY TIRED.

-- duckie AND cheesegrater AND (the one-time poster) memyselandi
...ellipsis ellipsis

not the brightest tool in the shed
duckie

Postby duckie » 29 Dec 2005, 06:31

so we are coming up on hour 45 now. we are 2 minutes away. We are soooooo messed up! Some of us (mainly me) can hardly stay awake. Cafine and sugar have lost their effects on us and we are getting really bored of video games.

The main point of this was to be all "ha we beat Morgan and Bill ha ha ha ha"

"Ha."

now we just need to stay awake for 3 more hours and we will have made it!
...ellipsis ellipsis

Kate!

Postby Kate! » 29 Dec 2005, 09:29

Ah. Well, normally I might be impressed by staying vigilant for that amount of time.

However, you have not [to my knowledge] filmed it, and made fools of yourself. So, you're not allowed to waltz in here and make fun of G, Bill, or Morgan, because they put themselves out on the internets for all to see, whereas you three are hiding behind your computers.

Tsk tsk.

I'm not angry.
I'm just disappointed.

I am of course, jesting. Partially.
duckie

Postby duckie » 29 Dec 2005, 09:41

well it has now been 48 hours all my friends have left and i finally get to go to sleep...yay!

and actually we did film a lot of it. Our science project is partially a lab and partally a video documentary. So there is video footage of us making fools of ourselves. Unfortunatly we have no super cool website to put it on, but our science class will be seeing it.

now i'm off to bed!
...ellipsis ellipsis

Rhynome
First Video: Folklore

Postby Rhynome » 29 Dec 2005, 09:44

Yup, as above.

Everyone knows something only matters if it is chronicled and chronicled WELL. This isn't well enough.

Though I'M not fussy you see, when you finally recover and all that I'd be more than happy with a fairly detailed passage on how it went. But you have proven with this that you do not love us.

And I'm not jesting. A short passage on how it went would be welcome. Though of course get well recovered before hand; I want proper spelling, 'Cafine' boy.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 29 Dec 2005, 10:25

Good job guys!
Well played, duckie. Well played.
miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 29 Dec 2005, 14:12

I believe I heard that this was also done because Mr. Rhodes bet that you couldnt?

And I could get my friend to host the videos for a little while. Or I could, whenever I get my website/2 years ago birthday present from my family...
umbrellaless

Postby umbrellaless » 29 Dec 2005, 14:49

duckie's sleeping soundly in her cozy, cozy bed right now...but I'm sure her adventures will be well chronicled once consciousness returns to her.

I did witness some of the insanity, seeing as my room has no door and thus does not block maniacal cackles and excessive profanity from floating downstairs where I sleep (or try to :) ). There was a fabulous game of Turbo Cranium played, of which I was also a part. For the full story, you'll have to have patience...

I'm proud of you guys! Make sure you get some footage of Stu with his "I was wrong" badge to add to your video, 'cause damn, that's really what it's all about.
"When you do not speak, other people presume you to be deaf or feeble-minded and promptly make a show of their own limitations"
miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 29 Dec 2005, 18:16

I wanna be there to see that! Make Rhodes wear the badge all day.

duckie

Postby duckie » 30 Dec 2005, 00:52

i just woke up and will (hopefully) go back to sleep very soon. I am sooooo not recoverd enough to type much more.
well i need to stop now, because it just took me like 5 minutes to type that even a little cohearantly

more when i've sleapt more
...ellipsis ellipsis

CheeseGrater

Postby CheeseGrater » 30 Dec 2005, 17:58

X______X Have woken up after 24 hours of sleep (there abouts) and am now practically coherent. Well. About as much as usual. :P

I'm not going to do a play-by-play, as I'm sure duckie wants to. But let's all give big props to Mik, who I MSN'd on the 36th(?) hour and who tolerated my absolute incoherencey.

Me: MIK!! We're.... we're at 36. And... I can't see things with depth.... and the... wha?

Mik: You have no depth perception?

Me: YES!

And yes, it's all chronicled and such, but our camera is old. And smelly. So no there is no easily-accessible video to be had. But I'm sure Mik will see it at some point, as will umbreallaless. And by the way, we're all very sorry about the profuse and loud swearing! >.< I'm just glad we didn't 'wuss out', and thus shall not be beaten by you.

Long tiresome summary to come!
And don't you go pan up my fridge. (to duckie, in hope that she'll remember.)

Emily
miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 30 Dec 2005, 18:10

I honestly cannot wait. You're crazy enough as it is, I dont want to attept to imagine you tired.

And I didnt really do anything. You just typod more then usual. And forgot words. Many...

umbrellaless

Postby umbrellaless » 30 Dec 2005, 18:13

No worries on the noise, CheeseGrater. *sigh* I was young once, too...:)

And I'm glad there was minimal wussing out...although you can tell whatshisname that his ass has a date with my foot as soon as his nose stops bleeding...I don't want to get lime-green mountain dew vomit on my clothes!
"When you do not speak, other people presume you to be deaf or feeble-minded and promptly make a show of their own limitations"
CheeseGrater

Postby CheeseGrater » 31 Dec 2005, 00:12

Fun fact, umbrellaless: Ezra actually made it. >.< Like a moron, he stayed up the ENTIRE TIME despite the profuse vomiting and nasal bleeding.

>_< Dumbass.

Detailed description to come...?
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 31 Dec 2005, 01:24

Man, that sounds like fun....If only I could get my friends to do that...I think mabye Spring Break we could. (I, unfortunately, have no camera and will not be able to film it :cry:)

My record is 42...:D I stayed up all night at my friend's house (movies...2fast 2furious...Splinter Cell....Lots of other stuf...). That was fun. went to the pancake house in the morning...And then....Stayed at his house and played chess (Oh yeah I forgot chess in the list of things we did), and then went home, didn't sleep till 1 that night (or the next mornign?). Btw got up at 7 AM the morning we started. Whoopeeee...

PS: No one will probably care, but I went over there another time...we played over 10 hours of Super Smash Bros. Melee...Literally. Played from like, 7-12, then we...Did something, I forget what, then played for another five hours. Then played for an hour in the morning. Woot woot 8)
umbrellaless

Postby umbrellaless » 31 Dec 2005, 01:34

He....wha? Man, that kid needs to transfer some of his "balls" meat back into his "brain". He pretty much kicked his own ass, in his own special way...I guess I'll just put my steel-toed boots away for later. And there will be a later, I tell you...
duckie

Postby duckie » 31 Dec 2005, 17:02

So I suppose it is now time for me to stop rambling and do an actual play by play type thing.
Well first of all, let me say that we are absolute PANTS and communicating! Some of us thought we were supposed to get up at 10:00 and others of us thought we were getting up at 12:00. We ended up getting up at 9:30, which in my opinion was too damn early! We decided to get together at 7:00 (it probably would have been earlier but stupid cheese grater had to work.) which could not come soon enough for me. All day I was incredibly excited and bored. When everybody finally arrived, it was crazyness. We all had to open all our presents from each other, which led to much wrapping paper around my living room for the rest of the time. We then set up the two extra TVs that people brought and the many game systems that we all had (super Nintendo, N64, game cube, ps2…I think that’s it). There were wires everywhere! After that, we all went up to thrifty’s to get our drinks and lots and lots of food. Philip was mean and didn’t let us film anything in the store though. When we went home, we set up our table of snacks and then had to amuse ourselves until 1:30 (16 hours in) when we had to do our first round of tests. The tests just so you know were absolutely pointless because they proved nothing we actually got better at them. I think that night was probably the best part. We were all really silly and hyper…It was fantastic. The whole night was filled with much videogames, random bursts of dancing and loud outbursts of swearing (gee I wonder why umbrellaless couldn’t sleep). In the morning, we all had showers in the hopes that it would wake us up a little. And then walked up to hillside mall where we got food ( we were WAY too lazy to cook) and then almost fell asleep on the comfy couches. We said hello to umbrellaless at work and walked around zellars where mike (not mik) had a small brake down and tried to fall asleep leaning on a shelf filled with pillows. After the mall we came back to my house and played more games. Unfortunately, our friend Ezra had to go home because he was really really sick; however, Ezra being the ass face that he is, he stayed up the rest of the time anyway. Later that night we played cranium in which umbrellaless and I KICKED ASS! We felt pretty much fine, a little bit sleepy, but other wise fine until about 41 hours in when we started feeling REALLY messed up. There was one hour between 1 and 2 in the morning that I couldn’t remember at all…it was just gone. We had no depth perception. I tried to poke cheesegrater and she was a lot farther away then I thought she was. Around 5:00 am, we decided to go for a walk, which woke us up, a little bit. When we got back, we all took showers again, attempted to eat something and cleaned up a little just to pass the time. The last bit of time was really just us sitting around being tired I actually hallucinated a little. First I was like “you wait here I’ll go get some lives and then I’ll stop (too much video games for duckie). And I had no idea that I said that. the second time I saw glowing gold floating Christmas bobbles and I said “I like the pretty gold ones” I was aware of myself saying that and right after I did I was like wtf am I on. When we finally made it, it was amazing everybody’s parents came to pick them up and I finally got to go to sleep.

That turned out to be insanely long. If cheesegrater or umbrellaless or anybody has anything to add then great! I probably left some major holes but it all seems like a dream to me now.
...ellipsis ellipsis

JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 31 Dec 2005, 17:54

duckie wrote: the second time I saw glowing gold floating Christmas bobbles and I said “I like the pretty gold ones” I was aware of myself saying that and right after I did I was like wtf am I on.

I did that for....Two days. I was so messed up. I just had random thoughts, like when you're really groggy. And then I was hyper too, so I'd shout them out. So I'd think things like "My DAD makes artifacts!". That was the weirdest one, I was having a conversation with someone in my head, and then I thought that and I shook my head and was like "wtf?" And then there were others, like in class. I'd have a pencil, and I'd make it kinda slide up my nose until it was in my vision, make chicken noises, and then slide it down so it was out of my vision. And I'd keep doing this. And I had no clue all of the people around me were watching me. ...God it was messed up.
Discomonkey

Postby Discomonkey » 01 Jan 2006, 07:14

I remember having those sorts of problems at the last DGA Evo (very big lan party, lasts about 4 days) I went to. We finished Serious Sam on the 2nd night, but by the 3rd morning I was hearing the yells that those headless suicide bombers make as they run at you, I ended up dropping out of the Zero Hour tournament because I needed to sleep to stop the sounds.
memyselandi

mikes play by play

Postby memyselandi » 01 Jan 2006, 18:34

HA! now i have made TWO posts!

so the first morning was very confused because i didnt know how to check my answering machine (press play) so when i woke up at 930 and called every one else, it was very like "mike! its supposed to be 12:00" and i was all like "ah! im sorry!" but then after that my day was pretty much nuthing but waiting for 7:00 (thats right i have no life) and then we all were at duckies house and all "yay! it started!" and we went to thriftys as duckie said to get food and our drinks of caffiene-ness when we got back hyper-active activities ensued including dancing, uncontrolled laughing, and long stirngs of cursing at inanimate objects and a not present mr. rhodes. the first night was most likely the best part. the first morning kinda sucked ASS every one was getting pretty tired so we all had showers in hopes to wake us up (it worked for some of us, but not for very long) and then we set off for tillicum mall to try and relieve our stomach pains with food, that was successful while we were eating but then after there was a whole different kinda pain and as a result of that we decided to take a break on the couch (this is where i got my worst wave of sleep needing) and once we were in zellers i tried to run away to sleep in the pillow section (but they didnt let me, the smelly heads) by the time we had left the mall and gotten back home (duckies home) every one had hit a second energy spurt which ended about the time ezra left. the last morning was just very very tired for every one. it was also filled with memory lapses and major problems with balance (for me) and depth perception. near the very end duckie was very much nodding off saying the randomist stuff, and did so twice the first time i broke off in an attempt at beat boxing, the second time i just yelled out "wash my hair!" then after the last agonizing few minutes we were finally able to go to sleep.

and yes my grammer and spelling suck ass, deal with it
if something dosent work out for you, moon it, odds are the problem will go away
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 01 Jan 2006, 23:23

Good show to all of you.
From ours, looking back on the footage of me, especially the bit where I sign off, I not only can't remember saying those words, but can't believe how incoherant I am.
Lack of sleep really screws with you, no?

In any case, once Bill hears of this, he and Morgan will feel required to try and 1-up you, but until then:

Well played, clerks. Well played.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 02 Jan 2006, 15:13

I just stayed up all night on New Years..woot woot eh? All night, and then to last night. So it was something around 40 hours.
umbrellaless

Postby umbrellaless » 02 Jan 2006, 18:42

In any case, once Bill hears of this, he and Morgan will feel required to try and 1-up you

Ha! I'd like to see them try!

(you can almost hear the thwack of a glove being slapped across a face)
Pirate James

Postby Pirate James » 02 Jan 2006, 18:44

Graham wrote:Well played, clerks. Well played.

Knowing that you've seen Clerks: uncensored makes me feel better about my sad and lonely life.
vincentw00t

Postby vincentw00t » 05 Jan 2006, 05:17

We did a sleep dep thing a couple of years back, it was pretty funny. We started filming it, but the guy who owned the camera went home about 10 hours in. It was called 'No Sleep 'till Tuesday' as we planned not to sleep until tuesday and the theme music was the Beastis Boys' No sleep till Brooklyn. As I recall in we made an opening sequence introducing ourselves that involved a scrabble board as we spent a lot of the time playing scrabble.

The funniest thing I remember about staying awake was playing Burnout 2. You'd be driving happily along and you'd just zone out. You'd still be driving around the track but you wouldn't really be aware of what was going on, because of the lack of sleep. Until you crashed, then you'd sit up and be all like 'WTF!?!?!?'

Unfortunatley I could only manage 40 hours because I kept falling asleep while watching Father Ted.

ah, memories.
Becuse I've got a long, thin block which very soon is going to dock beside a massive tetris rock and make it disappear

Return to “General Discussion”