Did you come here from Desert Bus??

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
James
LRR Crew

Did you come here from Desert Bus??

Postby James » 04 Dec 2008, 01:55

I feel that while there is a introduce yourself thread right at the top of the forums I would like to have a separate post for all those who have come to our forums from Desert Bus.

We all just want to welcome you and hope you stick around. We update every Monday with a handful of other videos thrown in throughout the month for good measure. Saturday evening you should be able to find a podcast and that's about it.

Just make sure to post here if you came from DB. Cause by the looks of it there are more than a couple of you.
Ponza

Postby Ponza » 04 Dec 2008, 02:00

I am one. Handle here is the same as in DB Chat. I started a thread too, illustrating what I did during the DB run. Awkward yes, but worth every minute.

My name's Gordon, I'm in some comedy group in Truro, N.S. (Also well pointed out as the lamest place ever because of the "Gay Pride Flag" incident that made CNN. For the record, I support the dude who wanted to fly the flag, he's an alright guy, but I'm straight.) The group is called Red Matter, but right now, we haven't really filmed much of anything since the last episode of Mortal Komedy. I'm also trying to start my own gaming journalism and review blog.
I'm Kung Lao (3rd one) from Mortal Komedy
phelous.com/mortalkomedy
tap16
First Video: Desert Bus Killed the Internet Star

Postby tap16 » 04 Dec 2008, 04:12

Hey all!

Yeah I made it here through desert bus 2, and had a great time watching and interacting with everyone! I'll definitely be sticking around; I'm kinda sad it is over now but that just means I'll have to check out everything else here :) I live only a ferry ride away from Victoria, so it felt as if I was watching my neighbors put on this incredible show on the internets. Thanks for the memories and I'll see you around!
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 04 Dec 2008, 04:31

Welcome, new peoples. Make yourself right at home.
"LRR för 4 av 5 toasts"
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Long time viewer/podcast downloader, first time poster

Postby Trisha Lynn » 04 Dec 2008, 04:49

Dear LRR Crew,

I blame a guy for getting me hooked on LRR, but that's okay! We're still friends. I'm a very casual gamer, very casual viewer, but I'm also a writer and the fact that you guys do this every week, consistently, really impresses me.

It's Desert Bus that really, really sucked me in and convinced me that I should join the forum. I went into the chat as "Tr1sh4Lynn", was the "Desert Bus 3 Suggestions" finalist who wrote the sonnet (used couplets instead of real quatrains, as Jillers pointed out), bugged Matt a lot via Twitter about Desert Bus, and even mass-tweeted a Daily Show producer who just got a Twitter account about you guys.

The Child's Play charity is one that's been really close to my heart because I used to be a sick kid in a hospital (surgery to correct and stabilize congenital bilateral urethral reflux when I was 11) and one of my fondest memories from my stay is being given a Barbie doll as a gift to take home with me, while tubes were running in and out of my body.

Also, I've been having a very bad week in my RL, and for some reason, knowing that there was someone out there who was actively doing something positive for the world and I could visibly see it and hear it, and interact with them somehow made these last five days better.

So thank you, LRR, thank you live chat crew, thank you Penny Arcade, and most of all, thank you Penn and Teller—the catalysts for all of this—for making this very horrible game that held us hostage for 5 days.

Trisha Lynn
...I agree that Teller needs to take a bus shift while chatters ask yes/no questions that Penn chooses from the blog thread/live chat room...
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
wilson_x1999
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wilson_x1999 » 04 Dec 2008, 10:00

I had a blast on the chat the few hours that I was there, so, I want to welcome everyone who came from the DB2 chat, and I just want you to know, Most of us aren't that crazy all the time :roll:
Shandi
First Video: The Secret Life of Toast

Thank You Desert Bus

Postby Shandi » 04 Dec 2008, 10:50

Hey all! I second James in hoping that you all post here and stick around for more epic Loading Ready Run mayhem. I can tell you that these are all amazing people, good people.

I too spent a considerable amount of time in hospitals as a kid, including a visit to the Vancouver Children's Hospital. I would not be alive today if not for modern medicine. When I was in hospital all I had to while away the time when no one could be there for me were Duck Tales reruns. I do love Duck Tales, but those were some lonely days...
I know there are many other very worthy charities out there, but you should all be proud of contributing to the well-being of sick children, as well as preserving the reputation of gamers as hard-working, generous contributors to society.

So thank you all and I hope to get to know you a bit through these forums while we await next year's event.
This is why I'm LOL!
-Shandi
GHOVO
First Video: 1337. I think

Postby GHOVO » 04 Dec 2008, 11:00

Welcome all ... I guess.

But SRSLY. Please stay here, post, come along to the IRC and AAAL events (Saturdays, don't say we didn't tell you)
Kaemon
First Video: Too long ago to remember.

Postby Kaemon » 04 Dec 2008, 15:17

I heard of LRR first from the first Desert Bus, I was watching it the whole time, it was amazing. Been watching weekly ever since, and I will forever.

All of you need to stay.
Jenny Magma

Postby Jenny Magma » 04 Dec 2008, 15:28

Hey yeah, I've decided to sign up to the forums because of DB, I remember 1337 when it first came out on youtube but I had no clue what LRR was back then, then I went to a screening of purepwnage and saw you guys there and I was like .. HEY! those are the guys that did 1337! I was like cool so I bought teh shirts and then found out my friends were watching you for a while and then they told me about desert bus 1 and it was pretty intriguing so I decided to tune in for DB2 when it would eventually come out, man during Desert Bus I lul'd, I cried and above all I had fun-- for the children. Man from Friday to Wednesday I averaged 3.4 hours of sleep a day but it was so worth it, skipped school to watch you guys, you're awesome.
Anti-Party
The R

Postby The R » 04 Dec 2008, 19:28

GHOVO wrote:Welcome all ... I guess.

But SRSLY. Please stay here, post, come along to the IRC and AAAL events (Saturdays, don't say we didn't tell you)

Yeah, we need some type or reminder, even I miss it from time to time (oh I am a terrible brother lol). Also I think I did a say HELLO request from one of the people monitoring chat and I think it was by you Tr1sh4Lynn.

The moonbase experience overall was quite interesting, though I could only go one day on the weekend.
tankabito

Postby tankabito » 04 Dec 2008, 19:34

hey guys i am one of these people

if you dont remember me from chat i was the one that keep saying ginger for life because irl im a ginger lol

i play wow ally on duskwood server tenkabito hit me up if you want

hope to enjoy the fourms and im gonna start watching the videos because from the stream i can tell this group is funny as hell
illuviel
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby illuviel » 04 Dec 2008, 21:12

Hi, fellow Bus-izens. I'm Eidhnean Illuviel. (it's pronounced aye-non). I was _Zedsmom in chat and am forumer ZedAlpha's real-life, actual, factual mom. (I don't usually frequent boards my offspring do, but I'm making an exception.) I have been watching LRR over my sons' shoulders for a while now, but really 'got here' during Desert Bus 2, which I first heard about from Wil Wheaton's blog. I am now a big, dorky LRR fangirl.

Even though I've only recently found this charity, like many others who've followed the Desert Bus back to LRR, Child's Play is close to my heart. I don't have memories of my long hospital stay after undergoing life-saving surgery as a toddler, but I do keenly remember my horrible experience during a week-long, emergency hospital stay I suffered the week before last Christmas -- the simultaneous isolation and fishbowl scrutiny, and lack of privacy, the pain and awkwardness I felt, with no diversion from it were very, very difficult (to downplay it). The idea of a child experiencing a stay similar to mine horrifies me. When the isolation and became worst, I managed to think of asking someone to bring me an .mp3 player. That little gadget was a lifesaver and I know the relief just a little bit of entertainment, of distraction, can bring.

So, Child's Play and DBFH.

I was active in chat as my schedule allowed (trying to pop in during Victoria's wee hours to boost morale a bit), sent some pics, wrote a haiku (the second robe and wizard hat haiku read aloud), pledged and performed solidarity headshearing for passing $60K (the result was closer to Morgan's Space Monkey do than Kathleen's stylish 'reverse mullet') and, through the sheer power of my enthusiasm for the project, I was able to inspire friendsnrelations to donate to DBFH and Child's Play (yay).

Seeing ... sorry, didn't catch her name ... knitting in the moonbase, while working on my own knitting turned a half-joking lament into plans for a DBFH3 Craft-Along. If you're interested, or you know a crafting geek who is, keep tabs on illuviel.livejournal.com throughout the month as I plan to roll something out the first week of January 2009.

Is it time for therapeutic physical contact now? /spacemonkey
Last edited by illuviel on 05 Dec 2008, 14:25, edited 1 time in total.
DBFH Craft-Along 2009
started in January
because it takes longer to get from Tuscon to Vegas with knitting needles than by bus
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 04 Dec 2008, 21:34

holy smokes. you really went all out with the head shaving. i only lost about two inches. and i love that limerick so much btw.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 04 Dec 2008, 21:48

Wow, that's awesome!
Welcome, Zed's Mom. (whom I promise to refer to by your chosen forum name after this post).
huddlehouseninja

Postby huddlehouseninja » 05 Dec 2008, 01:16

Welcome to everyone who migrated here from DB2!! Glad to see LRR fever is catching.
I have a vagina, and it is sans teeth.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 05 Dec 2008, 09:13

Okay... _Zedsmom is quickly catching up to BillsMom in my book of LRRCoolPoints. Moms FTW!

Oh, "HELLO!" to everyone else. Welcome to the wild wide world of LRR.
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 05 Dec 2008, 10:51

To all those newbies I make a guarantee(that will not be honored).

Nowhere will you find a more friendly, enjoyable community than the LRR forums. There's no worries about flame wars, incessant spamming, or internet drama. The worst you'll have to endure is Lavos/Corax and the occassional quote pyramid.

This is my favorite forum and the only one I come to with any regularity(and god damn has it really been 5 years?), and hope you find this place as awesome as I'm sure we all do.

Now off to draw my hand off... Brad's trying to give me an aneurysm with his picture...
Last edited by Tensen01 on 05 Dec 2008, 11:33, edited 1 time in total.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 05 Dec 2008, 11:01

Tensen01 wrote:Now off to draw my hand off... Brad's trying to give me an aneurysm with his picture...

Oh, Brad.

That means a lot though Tensen, thanks. I like to think we have a really nice forum community. "Nice" is a word people don't like to use because it sounds dismissive or insincere, but I mean it. Everyone's really nice.

Sure there's the semi-annual "relgion hauagalagalg!" threads, but overall I really like our forums.

Welcome new people!
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 05 Dec 2008, 11:09

Graham wrote:Sure there's the semi-annual "relgion hauagalagalg!" threads, but overall I really like our forums.

Even then, they are more logical and sane than similar threads on other sites. Sometimes it amazes me the ability of people in this forum to put together cohesive arguments. You'd think we were all on the debate team or something. ;)
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 05 Dec 2008, 12:49

2stepz wrote:
Graham wrote:Sure there's the semi-annual "relgion hauagalagalg!" threads, but overall I really like our forums.

Even then, they are more logical and sane than similar threads on other sites. Sometimes it amazes me the ability of people in this forum to put together cohesive arguments. You'd think we were all on the debate team or something. ;)

I think it's Empath and his footnotes. Once he drops those, it's impossible for the discussion to drop down to immaturity...it just doesn't work.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 05 Dec 2008, 12:51

Welcome new people!

And to be fair, those are usually, half my fault, and I've promised to behave from now on.

-m

I am not angry at you.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 05 Dec 2008, 14:15

Matt wrote:

Welcome new people!

And to be fair, those are usually, half my fault, and I've promised to behave from now on.

-m

Oh pish posh! It usually just comes up in a thread through the natrual progression of the discussion. No one's fault, really.

Welcome, new people! These really are lovely forums. You are among good company! Many of us (like me!) joined after last year's desert bus.
thatguyfromtheplace

Postby thatguyfromtheplace » 05 Dec 2008, 14:28

I re joined after desert bus this year to express my sorrow at the loss of paul's beard. I was trying (and still will) to grow one just like it. Also a pony tail. anywho glad you guys raised so much and next year I will hopefully ahve money to donate, as I am in fact poor and without a credit card. Stupid university...
That guy from the place with that thing, you know?
nindustrial

Postby nindustrial » 05 Dec 2008, 15:26

Hi, I'm also a DB2 newcomer. Name's Andy and I'm down in Oregon.

I've known about Child's Play since it started, but I had no idea you guys did the first Desert Bus last year. Needless to say, this year was awesome. Anyway, as a result I checked out the site and have been starting to watch some videos (that "where to begin" thread, or whatever it's called has been helpful). Keep up the good work and I'll be around (though I do tend to primarily lurk when it comes to message boards).

Return to “General Discussion”