haunted balloons

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
brc64
First Video: 1337

haunted balloons

Postby brc64 » 17 Feb 2006, 11:35

Work is slow (oddly enough), so rather than look for something productive to do, I'm going to share a story about something that spooked me last night for your enjoyment.

It all started on January 25, 1983, when I was born. Jump forward 23 years... I get a surprise delivery of a large bunch of helium-filled balloons at work. I brought them home, to my apartment, where they rested on my ceiling for several weeks.

Earlier this week, several of the balloons started to deflate a little bit. They still had enough helium in them to remain on the ceiling, but they definitely didn't have as much as when I got them.

Last night, I get home from work, and I notice that two of the balloons are missing. I looked all around the immediate area, but I couldn't find them. Eventually I just convinced myself that they had just deflated and were actually hiding in plain sight somewhere.

Later that night, I go into my bedroom and see, in the closet farthest away from my bedroom door, there are the two missing balloons, just floating there inside the opened closet.

What is particularly odd is that, in order for the balloons to have gotten there, they would have had to have dropped below the door frame into my bedroom, made their way to the far end of the room, dropped below the frame of the open closet door, then rise back up into the closet opening. I just don't see how it could have happened, especially considering that the other balloons didn't move at all from their spot in the living room.

I took the balloons out of my closet and just put them in the center of my room and walked back out to the living room to call my mom (the only other person with a key to my apartment) to see if she was trying to pull some kind of weird prank on me. She wasn't. After the call, I went back into my bedroom.. THE BALLOONS WERE BACK IN THE CLOSET!

So I took a paperclip, extended one of the sides, and stabbed each of the balloons multiple times until they fell to the ground.

And that's my story.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 17 Feb 2006, 11:54

I'm always creeped out by neutrally bouyant balloons... when they float at about head height.
There must be some sort of air current in your apartment that pushed them there.
Still, that's weird crap.
Rhynome
First Video: Folklore

Postby Rhynome » 17 Feb 2006, 15:03

Maybe a very pissed of ghost is trying to kill you but is a bit of a soft touch so has just decided to creep you out slightly by moving your balloons.

Ghosts Dig B'loons *nod*.
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 17 Feb 2006, 15:17

I once saw my brother entering our home, taking off his shoes. I went to meet him as I saw that he went to the bathroom. Strangely enough, nobody was in there, nor anywhere else. Then he came home again only he was wearing different shoes that he had bought some days ago. That was creepy.
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 17 Feb 2006, 15:47

I came home and saw my dad on the stairs taking off his shoes, I looked away to pick up a bag, looked back and he was gone.

He's alive, he was at work, I *knew* he was at work when I 'saw' him.
Pirate James

Postby Pirate James » 17 Feb 2006, 16:23

Astrul Projection. That what AmazingPjotrMan and Rhynome are discribing. AP is when someone is bored and they "zone off" if you will. They see themselves doing menial tasks in their heads and for some reason others can see what they see. From what I understand some people can do this at will and even see through the mirror images of themselves.
Paul wrote:Being creative and entertaining is easy. The hard part is actually getting off your ass and doing something with your creative and entertaining ideas.
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 17 Feb 2006, 16:48

Nah, I think it was just me being me. I do believe there's a sort of ESP, but I don't believe it's that potent.

I'll feel things in the corners of rooms and look, see a 'shadow' then when I focus realise that actually I just wanted to see a shadow to fit the presence in the room. Though I kinda wish people could see what I see because that would make putting across my thoughts so much clearer. The whole 'seeing in the corner' is a major part of how I think, it depends on the colour and taste of the object in the corner, not of my vision but of my surroundings. That's why I think all my little visions are self inflicted, because they're a major part of how I think, come up with ideas and try and describe them.

"So, Robert, do you have an idea?"
'Yes, but sadly it's green.'
"Green?"
'Never mind...'

In my opinion, seeing my dad was just another one of these, I also had a vivid dream once that I often revisit when awake as part of a thought process, white tubes, an angel (that I can actually see, not sense but see though he is in the corner of my thoughts). People screaming to be let free, the white pipes/tubes moving about the cheque floor spinning with some other cheque floors. Just as the angel was all blurry and turning around I woke up and threw up. Goddamit, I really wanted to know how that dream was going to end. But yeah, long post short, very active imagination.

P.S. I'm pretty sure everyone gets this at least once or twice a day, if not more, I don't really know. But if you want to check it out further I've found the Jean-Michel Jarre is good, especially when tired. Try the song 'Aero'. Translucent man with a chest exploding blue on top of a low dome. I'd be quite interested to hear what you guys get with music actually.
AmazingPjotrMan

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 17 Feb 2006, 17:19

Astral Projection? No, because the Astral Plane and the Physical Plane are two appart. I was probably just hallucinating at the time. I was home from school after taking a very hard hit to the head the day before.
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 17 Feb 2006, 17:20

Pirate James wrote:Astrul Projection. That what AmazingPjotrMan and Rhynome are discribing. AP is when someone is bored and they "zone off" if you will. They see themselves doing menial tasks in their heads and for some reason others can see what they see. From what I understand some people can do this at will and even see through the mirror images of themselves.

It was invented by Madam Blavatsky, who claimed to have studied under 'mahatmas' or masters of ancient wisdom, in India and Tibet (two places she apparently had no knowledge of, despite claims that she spent a lot of time there). These masters had astral bodies which allowed them to project into anywhere they wanted. She also believed in the historicity of Atlantis, and a number of other things of that sort. Eventually, it turned out that she faked a bunch of materializations, and was almost certainly a fraud.
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
AmazingPjotrMan

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 17 Feb 2006, 17:27

I'm big the Atlantis theory too, but not big enough to go looking for it.
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 17 Feb 2006, 20:37

one time i saw the floor comming towards me realllly fast! then i woke up and found out i fell over when i was drunk...
umbrellaless

Re: haunted balloons

Postby umbrellaless » 17 Feb 2006, 22:57

brc64 wrote:It all started on January 25, 1983, when I was born.

You have the same birthday as my Mom! Only not the same year...because that would be disturbing...
"When you do not speak, other people presume you to be deaf or feeble-minded and promptly make a show of their own limitations"
brc64

Re: haunted balloons

Postby brc64 » 18 Feb 2006, 06:51

umbrellaless wrote:You have the same birthday as my Mom! Only not the same year...because that would be disturbing...

Awesome! Found another one! That's the third person I know about with a Jan25 birthday. Yay!!
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 18 Feb 2006, 12:45

Creepy story...Wow. I'd be freaked if that happened. Although I wouldn't pop the balloons. I'd go get a video camera, put the ballons in the living room again, then go back to the closet to see if they were there. Then people won't think you're mad!! :D
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Kate!

Postby Kate! » 21 Feb 2006, 21:27

Just over a year ago, a friend of mine took his own life.

And a few weeks ago, I was walking between buildings at my school, and I saw him.

I pointed at him, and he pointed back, and then we both laughed.

Then I remembered, he wasn't around anymore.

Twas strange.
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 21 Feb 2006, 23:33

Musn't have been the nicest of experiences; I hope it didn't last too long.

Return to “General Discussion”