Padded room vs. 2.0

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
2stepz
First Video: .

Padded room vs. 2.0

Postby 2stepz » 17 Feb 2009, 21:24

Okay ya'll... I don't know what happened to the other room, but I needed this tonight.

Factor 1:
Job scene. New president means new boss. New boss means Reorganization. Reorg means new job for me! Yay!... sort of . I'm going from working 5 8 hour shifts a week 20 minutes from my house to working 4 10 hour shifts 1.5 hour away from home. The job is better, but the hours and long days are gonna suck! Worst part... it's not final yet, and I can't tell anyone what the bosses want to do... so I'm stuck in a holding pattern until all of management is in agreement.

Factor 2:
I met an awesome guy a while back and we've been talking for hours every day. He comes up over the weekend to actually meet face to face, and we hang out for a good while talking and having fun. I'm connecting with this guy like I have never connected with anyone. Then... his buddies get stuck in a sand dune and he has to go pull them out. Long story short, he ends up stranded in the desert over night (COLD!) with a dead phone battery because everyone kept getting stuck. I hear from him Sunday saying basically that he feels cold and dead. Haven't heard from him since. Lori's worried.

Factor 3:
Thursday the 5th my grandfather gets put in the hospital with heart problems. His pulse was measured at 186 or so, but they say it was probably higher than that. After about a week of playing with heart and blood medications, they get his heart regulated, but now he's losing blood. *sigh* Upper GI = nothing. Lower GI = nothing. The camera in a pill thing... shows nothing. Insert holiday weekend (a.k.a. nothing). Today, about 12 pints of blood later... they find a tumor in his small intestine. I'm scared shitless... this man almost raised me, and now I'm half-a-continent away and can't do a damn thing about his illness.

Good news is that when I'm stressed, I clean. My laundry is all done, my living room is neat and tidy, and my master bath and bedroom is cleaner than it's been in months. Tomorrow night is the kitchen. (Maybe tonight if I continue to not sleep the way I've been going.)

I have nobody I can talk to about this... but I really needed to vent. I need someone to hug me and tell me I'll be okay... but refer to Factor 2... I don't know if I scared him away or if he's sick... or dead... but I'm alone again.

It helps to talk it out through this venue, cause I know ya'll will... a) sympathize about stress; b) vent your own problems, and c) probably somebody will complain about the thread. [That's your right I suppose.]
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 17 Feb 2009, 21:47

This one seems to be a little calmer than the last.

What Troubleth The King:

I have a terrifying feeling I'm not going to finish my Secret Project™ in time for my self-appointed time limit. My remaining actors are the very-busy type, and if one particular actor drops out on me, I'm completely screwed.

I haven't been able to write lately. It's cathartic, but I just feel like I'm making a big stack of paper to make a fort out of. Nobody's reading any of it. I got over a dozen scripts I've been sitting on because I can't get actors for them (I would just offer them to LRR, but the majority of them aren't really comedic, or not strictly so).

I doubt I'm ever going to find a job that I even hate. I can't get my foot in the door anywhere, even for a piece of shit job that I'm overqualified for. It's like the game keeps changing. They said I'd need a Bachelor's degree to get anywhere, but now people are saying you need more. What the hell happened? And I've been looking for two YEARS, and the only thing I found was seasonal overnight stock work (which was good, but temporary).
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 17 Feb 2009, 21:53

Damn, I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope your boyfriend & grandfather turn up ok. I don't have a lot of solutions for you but I do wish you well & good luck. You have my word. Try to have fun with it when you can ;)

About all I can gripe about right now is that I have very little motivation to pack the rest of my shit into boxes & move it to the new house. About the only thing keeping me going is the fact that I have my entertainment center set up there already & if I want to go over to play Shadow of the Colossus I may as well take a few boxes with me.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Sarita

Postby Sarita » 17 Feb 2009, 21:53

Okay.....I don't know you at all and I'm not sure how much this will help, but having been in a similar situation myself, I shall give this a try.

First and most important....::HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGS:: If I was anywhere near you I would show up with a blanket and a big box of cookies and make you tea. I'm not, so this is the best I can do.

How serious is your grandfather's illness? Do they know yet? I know how stressful and painful it is to be far away from a loved one when they are so very sick. My mother has Wilson's disease and she had a major health crisis in the fall. My parents live in Ottawa and I'm in Victoria and it was the middle of a seriously stressful school semester. I was pretty much going crazy with worry and stress and sadness. If things get really bad, is there any way you can go there to be with him? Is anyone else there? I think at the moment all you can do is offer your love and support and let him know how very, very, very much he means to you. I know it's hard and I know it's so much less than what you wish you could do (oh I know) but sometimes it's all we've got.

As for needing someone there to comfort you....is there any way you have to contact this guy of yours? In circumstances such as these I don't think it's unreasonable to put out that call for help....and if you connected in the ways that you say you did, he'll probably be there for you. Sometimes all a person needs is someone else to talk to, and that's what our friends are for....but they'll never know unless we reach out.

Again, huge hugs to you. I'm so, so sorry that you have to go through this, and if you don't mind talking to a near-perfect stranger from the Internets, feel free to PM me any time. I just wish there was more I could do or say. :(
We are the cute and the cuddly forces of darkness.......PLOTBUNNIES!!!
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 17 Feb 2009, 22:17

I've been in the Reno/Tahoe area of the desert (Sand Mountain Rec Area to be specific) and does it EVER get cold. To be honest though, when he said he feels cold and dead after that, he probably just means that: he's cold, and feels like death warmed over. Check up on him and his buddies, make sure they are all healthy.

As for Granddad, the best thing I can suggest to you is to support him and love him and care for him as best you can. Talk to the American Cancer Society chapter in LV and see if they have any suggestions. I am also linking this website for you to look at. It is specifically geared towards coping with this news as a caregiver (ie someone who supports the patient, aka you). Most of all, snuggle with your puppy!

Okay, get off the couch, it's your turn to play therapist. :P
(See next post)
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 17 Feb 2009, 22:24

Lots of sympathy for everyone in this thread.

Unfortunately (or not) I've got a lot of good things going on right now I'd rather celebrate. I think I will make a thread.

Hope everyone is doing better soon!
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 17 Feb 2009, 22:28

The TAKs in my Butt

A) Classes
So I am in my final semester of college and I plan on graduating. HOWEVER, I need one more class to add this semester and I am fine. that class also happens to have two sections, one being 9:05am, the other 12:20pm. I want into the 12:20pm class, but I can't seem to get into it. So I will have to bite the bullet and take the early ass class. That is, if I can get it late-added.

B) Careers
Went to a career fair yesterday. Apparently, there is a reason I should have worked harder to get into grad school. There was jack shit available to me outside of middle management and retail. The only other, and to me preferred, employer that I wanted to see, the American Cancer Society, never showed up because someone told them that the career fair was cancelled.

C) Work
I currently have to assume that no one in my job knows what the hell they are doing until proven wrong. And I work at the commons desk, where basically I hand out packages. Enough said.

D) Social Life
It sucks, insofar as I only do my extracurriculars and no one is available to hang out on a normal basis. No drinking buddies either.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 17 Feb 2009, 22:42

What's your degree again tak?
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 17 Feb 2009, 22:47

Communication Sciences and Disorders

Covers Speech-Language Pathology (needs a masters), Audiology (needs a doctorate), and SLH sciences (not sure, but not interested)
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 17 Feb 2009, 23:14

In May of last year, my wife and I moved about 8 hours away from our families so we could go to school. Our plan was that she would finish, then we'd build up a new buffer, and then I would go and finish school. Five months later, she enrolls in the school she was going to go to in the first place. At this point, I am the only one of us working, and my wages hardly cover the bills, let alone living expenses. DOn't get me wrong, I'm glad she's going to school. I'm just worried about what's going to happen in the meantime.

Not really looking for sympathy here, just kinda letting it out. It is a padded room, after all.
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 17 Feb 2009, 23:42

I'm bitter and angry at everything because I tried to fix myself. Addendum: Upon reading, I need to clarify this is not related to anything further down - it's just a random statement that isn't explained. I'm not sure I wanna either. /End Addendum

So, Year 12 has started for me and what a fucking year it's been so far.

I found out three- four weeks ago that there was an IT prefect. Guess what? There's only one prefect this year, meaning if I'd applied I would have gotten in. I missed it apparently, but I swear it wasn't on the sheet. I went and complained, only to get "If you'd handed in an application, you wouldn't have missed out!" Well no fucking shit Sherlock. I didn't know you could hand in an application on the off chance that you could in fact get that position actually elected into existance.

Now, that might be confusing but the same shit happened to my girlfriend - she had been campaigning for an entire term, a damned term, to get an Arts Prefect, because there was one for every other damned section - even Science which had never run before - but all she got was the same 'If you'd applied, maybe we could have considered your requests!' as I did. NOBODY told us that if you apply for other things you can make requests\changes ect into fucking VCE subjects you didn't think existed. >.>

So yeah, we're both rather frustrated about that because for uni, FUCK does being a Prefect in year 12 look good. Like, it's a serious hamper not to have it when we both know we WOULD have gotten the position.

Just to make you understand exactly how I can be so confident on getting the IT prefect position it's because there's all ways two. All. Ways. Two. This year there's one because nobody else bloody applied....not to mention people generally like me anyway. If you don't understand, prefects are basically the head of that particular subject - the people in charge who show great leadership capabilities.

Next up, Debutant ball with which I'm $240 in debt split between two mates of mine. Fucking thing rocked up and I lose $100, $50 stolen right out of my pocket and the other $50 was just.....dropped. It slipped out my pocket while I was handling the various pieces of junk I carry around and it just dropped out right onto the ground. The pickpocket doesn't doesn't bother me, but a second was just personal failure....something with which I CANNOT TOLERATE.

Now, this couldn't have come at a worse time considering I only had a fucking WEEK to pay it off - if this mate hadn't bailed me out, I wouldn't have been able to pay and that woulda meant ruining the deb for my GF which...frankly, I did and do NOT want to do - I don't know if I could live it down if I did.

Third up, I went to a mates place to help him build his computer, which is the same day I lost one of the $50. I thought I'd help and make sure he could pay for shit, turns out he had an additional fucking $150 in his bank account his didn't mention, which means I could have avoided that entire bloody incident if he'd just told me. Anyway, I went to help build it for him and it turns out We're A: One sata cable short (and it was too late to go grab another) and B: (Found out after he went and bought the SATA cable the next day) The motherboard was DOA, making the entire trip one huge let down for him, I mean he'd been saving for months for this bucket of bolts and....ARG.

Additionally, my sunglasses broke while I was over there - the pair I'd only gotten 2 weeks ago. :\ They were the first pair I'd seen in 2 years that I thought actually SUITED my face...*Sighs*

Also, my mates have just been total dicks to me, and I can't talk to them about it 'cos if I do I don't get any sympathy at all, something I'm seriously considering telling them all to go fuck themselves for. The problem is though that I'm about 50\50 on their pros and cons, but I don't have anybody else to fill certain sections of their pros - 'cos frankly most of my friend base just isn't like them and we've been mates for six years now.

Finally, I've been hit with a resounding "Holy fuck. I've actually got to, you know, decide what my life's going to be like for the next ten or so years. Or at least, y'know, pick the uni courses that will significantly influence the next X years...." And looking at IT - I can just keep seeing the same things flashing up at me - You're not good enough, you won't make it and you'll hate it. But, there's stable good money in...unlike media\film making, with which there's pretty much nothing but fucking freelancing. I'm just not good enough to freelance successfully dammit!

My dream is to create movies - good movies people enjoy, movies people will be like "Oh cool, that was quite craftily created." and I intend to fund this through IT, mainly 'cos I honestly have no idea how good I am. I might be at the top of my class pretty much permanently, but that means jack until I get to Uni. Even then....fuck.

Also, I've discovered I'm just not as capable at pretty much anything as I thought I would be. In fact, I pretty much fucking suck at everything except helping people emotionally, and even that I feel I'm lackluster at now.

Shit's getting to me, really getting to me and I don't know how to handle this in the way a normal person would. I, just don't.
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
2stepz

Postby 2stepz » 18 Feb 2009, 07:57

As a follow up... on the "boyfriend". I've tried to contact him through every venue I have available, with no response. It doesn't look like he's been online at all, and there is no answer on his cell or home phone. If I knew he was just ignoring me I wouldn't worry, but when there's no evidence he's even been online... that worries me.

The good friend I have at work is caught up in a two week long intensive task (on which she is the lead) which basically means I can't get a hold of her even if she had time to talk.

I'm at work and just told my boss what was going on. He just kinda looked at me with pity on his face and said to keep him in the loop if I get any more information.
Last edited by 2stepz on 18 Feb 2009, 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 18 Feb 2009, 09:04

right now i'm just scared about money. I'm graduating soon with over $60,000 in debt and while I did get accepted to the University of Pittsburgh for grad school, I plan on getting my phd and they decided not to give me any money yet. To put this into perspective, almost everyone who does a phd gets funding and has a stipend so they don't starve. I'm seriously hoping they give me something so that I dont have to take out loans to pay for the next 4-7 years of my life...
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 18 Feb 2009, 10:53

I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well for you 2stepz. If you want to chat or anything, feel free to pm me. Hopefully from here on everything goes smoothly.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 18 Feb 2009, 13:00

For me: I had to go and take a far heavier courseload than I can actually do well on, I'm fucking way behind on scholarship applications, still haven't heard back from one of the universities I applied to, and I'm wondering if my school even sent my transcripts out, and a bunch of the regular lonely/semi-emo shit that I buried my head in work in a vain attempt to ignore.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
2stepz

Postby 2stepz » 19 Feb 2009, 08:57

Oh Yay... to top it all off... now I'm SICK! Damn head cold. This is what happens when it rains in Vegas. We get sick!!
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 03 Mar 2009, 18:40

I have a headache and I wanted to whine about it.

*whine whine whine*

I feel a little better now.

=(

Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 04 Mar 2009, 01:40

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:I have a headache and I wanted to whine about it.

*whine whine whine*

I feel a little better now.

=(

:( I'm sick atm, bloody flu, so I understand your pain. What's frustrating me is people keep reminding me I have schoolwork I'm missing.

I know that! FUCK OFF! Let me be sick in peace.

~End.
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 15 Apr 2009, 19:53

Bleh.

BLEH BLEH... bleh bleh.

That is all.

bleh!

Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 15 Apr 2009, 19:55

Awake is a stupid time of day.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 15 Apr 2009, 20:06

Love for a drug called Robotussin?

Annchan

Postby Annchan » 16 Apr 2009, 07:50

I just got 24 hours warning that my mother in law is coming to visit and I don't know how long she is staying for.
This sucks
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Apr 2009, 11:56

I've simply being in a horrible mood all day, and my head is killing me.

Yeah, nothing too terribly exciting, but it gets annoying when this keeps happening every. single. damn. day.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Link

Postby Link » 16 Apr 2009, 12:21

$20 on 2.0
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 16 Apr 2009, 12:28

Health update: had been almost back to normal today - mild cough, but speaking normally...until just about an hour before quitting; voice gave out. Soon...soooooon...

But another entry in the "WHY I HATE ALL PEOPLE" file:

Customer comes up to the salad service case and asks for "100g" of coleslaw. (uh-oh; she's getting specific, gonna be a nitpicking pain in the patookus )

I dish up some and check it on the scale: 125g she says that's too much (understandably) and I scoop a little out...

85g Now she insists that that's NOT enough, so I get a little bit more...

whups: 145g "Ah - that's PERFECT!" :shock:

Now don't get me wrong, I could imagine her getting impatient and just saying 'that's fine' to get it over with, but she didn't behave like that at ALL, she was patiently watching me as I adjusted the amount of salad, and seemed perfectly willing to wait for the next year for her coleslaw.

Which then begs the question: If 125g was "too much" then WHY DID YOU TAKE THE 145g?!?!?!?

Say it with me, folks:

I

HATE

PEOPLE.

Return to “General Discussion”