2006 LoadingReadyRun Awards

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Graham
Super Moderator

2006 LoadingReadyRun Awards

Postby Graham » 10 Mar 2006, 19:41

Bill really hates Crash, as an aside.

For the "Most Awesomest" award for 2005, we all love Sin City and it sucks that it got passed over for the Art Direction Oscar. Probably due to the whole Director's Guild hoo-ha.

Also, we still don't like Uwe Boll. Just keeping you up to speed.

But this was fun.

-G
DP

Postby DP » 10 Mar 2006, 19:59

Here's a movie you should all watch, which also delves into the complexities of L.A. culture: A Day Without a Mexican. Undoubtedly the worst movie, I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of John Waters films... and not the good ones.
miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 10 Mar 2006, 20:13

I laughed out loud quite a few times with this one!
Pirate James

Postby Pirate James » 10 Mar 2006, 20:33

Very nice! These awards are more realisticly awarded then award shows. Did that make sense?
Paul wrote:Being creative and entertaining is easy. The hard part is actually getting off your ass and doing something with your creative and entertaining ideas.
Mjcool

Postby Mjcool » 10 Mar 2006, 20:46

You gyus are gonna make a part 2, right? That one ended far too abruptly.

Everyone knows you can't end an awards show without a cheesy signoff line!
brc64
First Video: 1337

Postby brc64 » 10 Mar 2006, 20:58

I really liked the black suit with the blue tie. I need to get me one of those.
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 10 Mar 2006, 22:14

Pretty good, great jokes and references.

Oh, I hafta sk, have any of you seen Night Watch? It's a Russian supernatural/suspense/horror movie...

Best movie of this year(even though it was released in Russia two years ago.)

you guys hafta see it!!!

don't know if you can view this but go here http://blog.myspace.com/39147607 to read my review, see the posters and watch the trailer.
Lissette Arevalo

Postby Lissette Arevalo » 10 Mar 2006, 22:26

We were, but then we decided not to, I knew it was a mistake. Graham was it good?
>)i(<
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 10 Mar 2006, 23:46

i loved the best one liner - "Well i guessed we found out his weakness, Bullets.."
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 11 Mar 2006, 00:33

Tensen01 wrote:Oh, I hafta sk, have any of you seen Night Watch?

Just saw it tonight. It was awesome!
But these were movies released (in North America) in 2005.

Night Watch= BEST. SUBTITLING. EVER!!!!! It's .... wow.
Rhynome
First Video: Folklore

Postby Rhynome » 11 Mar 2006, 04:23

It would probably help if I watched films, but I loved your little ripping of Brokeback mountain and people that make jokes about Brokeback mountain. I never saw that film, I was going to but then everybody started talking about it, so it pissed me off and I didn't go to watch it. Oooh, gay cowboys, so fucking what?

I just hope that Domino camera work isn't like that the whole way through... that's... just wrong.

Some very nice points there, I indeed liked it, but... Graham, what happened to the red and black suit? You cheating bastard! For some reason Paul just looked right in what he was wearing, like some sort of manky dog.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 11 Mar 2006, 08:52

Rhynome wrote: like some sort of manky dog.

Thanks for that.

And yes the camera work in Domino is pretty much like that thoughout the entire movie.

-P
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 11 Mar 2006, 08:59

Is that all I get? A 'thanks for that'. I wanted a big parade in my honour and everything.

Meh, you know I didn't mean it Paul... I'm sorry, can you forgive me darling? Though for some reason it does suit you, and quite well...
Xfacter

Postby Xfacter » 11 Mar 2006, 09:18

I think you forgot the "Movie Making the Least Sense Award," for The Constant Gardener.
Kate!

Postby Kate! » 11 Mar 2006, 09:31

Rhynome wrote:I just hope that Domino camera work isn't like that the whole way through... that's... just wrong.

I saw Domino in theatres, and although from that clip it may look like it would enduce epileptic seizures, it was actually a fantastic movie.
And the camera moving like that actually added something to the film.

And I not once had a seizure.

Also. Keira Knighty's hot. So, it didn't really matter.

I'm straight by the way.
Just. FYI.
The Pace

Postby The Pace » 11 Mar 2006, 09:50

Wow.. Cheesy One liners. Making fun of Uwe Boll And Keira Nightlys Breats... Nothing could possibly make this video any better.. Maybe A Public Uwe Boll Execution.. But I couldn't see LRR doing that xD
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 11 Mar 2006, 10:46

Squiddy wrote:Also. Keira Knighty's hot. So, it didn't really matter.

I'm going to watch 'Arthur' in a couple of hours. That's watching a film pretty soon after it comes out for me, but that's beside the point. Saw an advert for it thought 'Keira Nightly... in woad?' If she's not wearing woad I'll be very upset. I'm not generally the type to watch a film just for the eye candy; I've never seen Catwoman, but I suppose I'll give it a try. At the end of it I'll probably have no idea what the film was about, but I don't care... aaaaaaaah.
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 11 Mar 2006, 11:14

On further research, one can actually see Keira Knightley's breasts... but maybe not in that movie. The Hole on the other hand.
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 11 Mar 2006, 11:30

If the picture's titled 'The Hole' but shows no more than her breasts I feel that's misleading advertising. We outta sew! We can sue later.
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 11 Mar 2006, 12:07

Yeah I realize that's what the awards were for...

Just wondering if you'ld seen it.

I cannot wait for Day Watch to come out over here... Finally, what looks to be an awesome supernatural trilogy.

I know, best subtitles ever!!!
Lissette Arevalo

Postby Lissette Arevalo » 11 Mar 2006, 13:25

[/quote]I'm going to watch 'Arthur' in a couple of hours. That's watching a film pretty soon after it comes out for me, but that's beside the point. Saw an advert for it thought 'Keira Nightly... in woad?' If she's not wearing woad I'll be very upset. I'm not generally the type to watch a film just for the eye candy; I've never seen Catwoman, but I suppose I'll give it a try. At the end of it I'll probably have no idea what the film was about, but I don't care... aaaaaaaah.[/quote]

I saw Arthur with the greatest expectations, and sadly, I was very mislead. But if you go in with NO expectations then it will suffice. I REALLY wanted to like it.

At any rate, Catwoman is really not worth it, rent Monster's Ball if you want to just look at Halle Berry. Serious. Catwoman is two hours of my life that I will never get back, and if I did get those two hours back, I would spend it trying to burn the master copy of Catwoman.
>)i(<
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 11 Mar 2006, 14:07

We're talking leather! Nah, I don't have a desire to stare at Halle Berry, otherwise I would have seen it.

Just saw Arthur, I went in with no expectations, it was still shite. It was the historical inaccuracies that really made it bad for me. Okay, I know that was the point, but... Hadrian's Wall was a showpeice, there was another, earlier, wall further north, yeah... go figure. The southern part of scotland did speak Welsh, but only bit of it. The Welsh kingdom that the person Merlin was supposed to be based on came from was apparently actually situated in modern Wales. The thing that really pissed me off...

The Saxons invaded South East England, which is why it's called England. The Saxon name for Anglo Saxon was to be, over time, English... it's where it comes from. Norfolk is a place in the East of England, it means 'Norsk Folk', that's where the Norsk landed. I could go on, but the Scots or Picts were and still are ginger, I swear the Saxons never invaded Pictland, I'll stop there.

Keira Nightly... woad. At least what I went to watch it for was fulfilled.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 11 Mar 2006, 14:16

Keira Knightley's worst line ever: "They tortured me! With machines!!!

Man I hated Arthur.
There was like, 300 years between the Romans leaving and the Saxons showing up, it wasn't like the Romans were running from them.

Also, why was there a huge Roman noble's villa 3 days ride north of Hadrian's Wall!?!?
Bad. Movie.
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 11 Mar 2006, 14:22

The people on which Arthur's are based were also born a good 100 or so years after the Romans left, using old equipment. EDIT: Not born using old equipment, they fought with old equipment... hope that makes more sense.

bit smallish, but large enough.

'This is the approximate extent of Old Norse and related languages in the early 10th century. The red area is the distribution of the dialect Old West Norse; the orange area is the spread of the dialect Old East Norse. The pink area is Old Gutnish and the green area is the extent of the other Germanic languages with which Old Norse still retained some mutual intelligibility' - Wikipedia.

Norfolk is the southern most British orange splodge. Hey, look at that... no bloody green in Pictland... eh?

I actually laughed, very loud, at the 'with machines' bit. No one was with me, I was just sat there laughing like an insane maniac.

Further point, if you walk for three days north of hadrians wall you walk into the North Atlantic... if you ride... on a pony...
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 11 Mar 2006, 14:54

Well, it's not that often that movies are very accurate about stuff. Troy is a great example, or horrible.
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”