Ways to Get Yourself Killed in a Horror Movie

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Graham
Super Moderator

Ways to Get Yourself Killed in a Horror Movie

Postby Graham » 17 Mar 2006, 19:00

The first X2Y with speaking... but we just couldn't ditch the music.

AND the return of the Sam Raimi. Really, if there were ever a use for it, now is the time.
So, huzzah.

Yay?
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 17 Mar 2006, 19:08

Wow... how fucking pissed off am i that i had to finish my history paper and couldn't make it over for this shoot!

BRILLIANT!!
Last edited by James on 17 Mar 2006, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 17 Mar 2006, 19:09

No kidding.
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 17 Mar 2006, 19:12

I knew I had a reason for staying up all night.
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
DP

Postby DP » 17 Mar 2006, 19:23

Kathleen looked like she was having fun turning around all those times.
AmazingPjotrMan

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 17 Mar 2006, 20:00

DP wrote:Kathleen looked like she was having fun turning around all those times.

At the very first time I thought that was the typical two lovers about to have sex and all that and suddenly one gets brutally killed.
brc64

Postby brc64 » 17 Mar 2006, 21:14

AmazingPjotrMan wrote:
DP wrote:Kathleen looked like she was having fun turning around all those times.

At the very first time I thought that was the typical two lovers about to have sex and all that and suddenly one gets brutally killed.

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised they didn't use that one. I mean, sex is like a psycho killer magnet in horror films.
Daniel
First Video: The first one

Huzzah

Postby Daniel » 17 Mar 2006, 21:38

Wow, you're getting really good at this, a *consistently* funny 4 1/2 minutes, out of almost nothing (like no special effects, and in somebodies basement). I thought it wasn't a promising concept because Scream and Scary Movie already parodied horror films, but you took it to a whole new level of abstractness and silliness (eg just answering the phone will get you killed; "Mr. Tiddlywinks"). It's sheer speed and timing that makes it, particularly in the artisan-crafted closet sequence. Nice restrained performances all around help the silliness to thrive. How about putting it on google movies?

Daniel
Tea Mandy

wow Bill

Postby Tea Mandy » 17 Mar 2006, 23:40

Wow, I never thought of Bill as that tall. In the last scene he had to duck so far to get underneath the door. I knew he was tall but wow.

Great new movie, been loving your work for the past few months.
ryanvdk

Postby ryanvdk » 17 Mar 2006, 23:42

Last edited by ryanvdk on 05 May 2017, 05:48, edited 1 time in total.
Ami KittyCat Mizuno

Postby Ami KittyCat Mizuno » 17 Mar 2006, 23:43

EVERYBODY'S A STAR TREK FAN!!
ahem, sorry to yell. Cool video. I missed the Sami but now it's back! Yeah!
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 18 Mar 2006, 00:05

I must say, I'm mildly peeved that I didn't get to be in this one as the "nerdy guy who figures out how to stop the villain only to be killed before he can tell anyone" or the "geek who finally gets laid only to be murdered just before/during/after".

oh well.

that being said, I laughed for like 2 minutes straight at the last scene with billy looking all disappointed.

-M

I am not angry at you.
chopped_up

Postby chopped_up » 18 Mar 2006, 00:35

That was the BEST Film i ever watched in my intire life and any past lifes too.

Well my secound favourite.

1st Celestail Sea

2nd This

3rd Quantum Documentary
Graham
Super Moderator

Re: wow Bill

Postby Graham » 18 Mar 2006, 00:51

Tea Mandy wrote:Great new movie, been loving your work for the past few months.

Hey thanks! Welcome to the boards.
Post yourself in the welcome thread, and tell us where Cranny is.
matthewm
First Video: Sometthing from years ago.

Postby matthewm » 18 Mar 2006, 04:33

this was pretty fun.
The "be the ethnic minority" bit made me think two things.
1. who would be the ethnic minority in this film?
2. I want to see a movie with a white person as the ethnic minority

and yeah, bill is very tall.
Rhynome
First Video: Folklore

Postby Rhynome » 18 Mar 2006, 05:25

Chauvinist killer makes it sound like he kills chauvinists.

From that I conclude a Chauvinist is an aquatic creature that looks much like a horse but has four flippery things instead of legs.
Izzy2120
First Video: Four Guys and a box of hats

Postby Izzy2120 » 18 Mar 2006, 10:48

This m, Bovie is Awsome, I finally remembered where I first saw the Sam Raimi, while channel surfing, I scored on a sunday and found Army of Darkness, I loved that movie... Anyway, Bill was Hilarous as usual and is now known as "The Great Behemoth" (Pronounced in a heavy scottish accent), Also Morgan and his Tiddlywinks.. and of course the closet, Graham, how many times did ya have to make that Grunting sound, includeding mistakes, lol

Congrats Guys
NO! I'm not saying it's your fault, I'm just Blaming you.....
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 18 Mar 2006, 12:35

matthewm wrote:1. who would be the ethnic minority in this film?

lissette's a darky, fyi, but she's pleased that you think so highly of her to mistake her for white. she's been inspired and now goes to university, applies for jobs and pays for things.
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 18 Mar 2006, 12:46

Aaah, it's like when chimps make tea and so on, they think they're like people, it's cute.

Wait, am I taking this too far? I hope not (I could have gone further), I have no sense of a line on these sorts of things, I blame my school for that.
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 18 Mar 2006, 12:55

we have no lines around here. so long as people know you're joking you can get away with anything. i constantly make fun of lissette for being brown.

Lissette Arevalo

Postby Lissette Arevalo » 18 Mar 2006, 13:06

Rhynome wrote:Aaah, it's like when chimps make tea and so on, they think they're like people, it's cute.

Kinda like when they gave the oscar for best musical score to 3-6 MAFIA! They panned to all 2 black people in the audience, and then to all the white people, whose faces just looked like:

"Well, that's nice, yah, no, you sure worked hard for that oscar. That's nice that they gave the negros an oscar...it COULD very well be hard out here for a pimp. Sure could. Yep."

As an aside, I make fun of MYSELF for being brown. I'm like the chocolate centre in the group. And it is also funny to people back home to note that I hang out with nothing but white people, go to university, and work. It's pretty humorous...well, it's pretty humorous to me. I know I don't look all that ethnic, and that I don't act like a stereotype, but that's what makes it FUNNY!

It also gives Bill and Morgan something to make fun of when they're not playing DOTA. Actually, come to think of it, it gives EVERYONE something to do around here...Jesus, we are HORRIBLE people.

In conclusion, I'm coloured, and SPICTACULAR!
>)i(<
AmazingPjotrMan

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 18 Mar 2006, 14:29

Not at all. Just, brown and white people.
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 18 Mar 2006, 14:42

The school I go to is 30% Jewish the rest Asian or Oriental. If ever we see an Aryan kid we basically go 'Nazi' on him, not accusing him of being a Nazi but we make quips to him that I suppose the Nazis would have made to Racial Minorities. The Jews will tell the Jew jokes, the Muslims will take the piss out of themselves, I could go on. The thing is when you get to know someone well enough you can move onto things like:
'Eurgh, you dirty Jew!'
"Yeah, but at least I'm not an Arab."
We do have boundaries of taste though, it's suggested that you say 'at least I'm not an Arab' infront of an Arab preferably. The greatest thing about our school is the racial intolerance, we all joke about it, mock it, wave shiny things and pennies at Jews, wave a pork sandwich infront of a Muslim, anything. I was sitting around in Chemistry, looked to my right, my front, well just around me. Turns out I was actually surrounded by brown people, when they also realised a cry of 'Fuck off you dirty Jew!' rang out, the teacher looked very uncomfortable but everyone else just took it as perfectly normal behaviour.

Seeing a white boy on a train talking to three brown kids about the horror that is the Aryan race is (as I could tell from the facial expressions of those on the train) apparently quite a shocking thing. I want a Star of David NSDAP style Armband, I'm just not sure where to get them from. I wouldn't wear it, I just want to have it.

On that note: How do they take the census in Israel?
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 18 Mar 2006, 14:58

Rhynome wrote:The greatest thing about our school is the racial intolerance, we all joke about it.

This is how I wish everything could be. It would be way more fun.
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 18 Mar 2006, 15:05

Nonono, the best bit is the point you've tackled as far as I can remember twice in your videos. The sensitivity, not calling it Christmas, looking out for the racial minorities, so on. The one with the Kitty salesman (that's how I remember it at least).

For this I'll use Christmas, as it's the most recent example. My friend is Hindu, with me we make 'The Hinjew' a sort of single entity. This wasn't quite the case, but as I said Christmas is the most recent, so it's the one I'll be using. 'Yeah, the extended family will probably be coming to my house for Christmas.' He responds in a likewise manner, at this point one of those 'I'm looking out for the little people' kinda people pipes up about not calling it Christmas. To shut them up all you have to do is look them straight in eye and say 'I'm Jewish.' Hell, she shouldn't have started anyway, my friend is Brown, I don't know why she even wanted to come near a brown person, that was quite shocking in its own right actually, I only do so because I have to really.

I was actually ranting about how this is a Church of England country so we should call it 'easter' and 'christmas' and shouldn't be offended when someone says 'hindu church' or mis-pronounces 'Shi'ite', it's not their explicit duty to have to know that. To tie this into the above part of the post would probably take too much effort.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”