Ways to Survive the Recession

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
JWSemerus

Postby JWSemerus » 23 Mar 2009, 14:23

I did enjoy the area 5 co-op/ Jay Frechete reference
His_Ryanness
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming (I think)

Postby His_Ryanness » 23 Mar 2009, 14:32

I, for one, approve of the change to YouTube. I always found those blip ads pretty intrusive.

Is snow in March actually all that unusual in Victoria? It certainly isn't here in Ottawa. In fact, snow in April happens every once in a while. Still thoroughly hilarious though. As was the rest of the video.
This signature has been designed by neuroscientists to render you sterile upon reading.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 23 Mar 2009, 14:33

Seraphroy wrote:Need 500 gold for epic mount?

That is actually what it says. It's from a contest submission we did.
We should show it to you guys sometime...
Seraphroy
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Seraphroy » 23 Mar 2009, 14:34

Victoria typically has milder weather overall from what I remember of geography back in high school. This means cooler summers than other places in Canada, but warmer winters comparatively.
His_Ryanness
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming (I think)

Postby His_Ryanness » 23 Mar 2009, 14:39

Oh, right, probably because it's surrounded by water, which is a natural heat sink and all that.
This signature has been designed by neuroscientists to render you sterile upon reading.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 23 Mar 2009, 14:51

That T-shirt ad was epic. Although I do feel that the censor watered down the impact of the swearing. It was snowing here at the start of march, then we had 3 days of fucking SUMMER, ROASTING here, now we're at the grace period of heavy RAIN!

Actually, this brings me to another point. I censor swearing in my RGB comics. (Red Green Blue, stickmen, barrel of laughs but VERY inactive. I don't churn them out every week because I like only something so sick, so twisted and sarcastic, it actually makes ME laugh. But I digress...)

So anyway. I was having a debate with a few friends. Censorship: Funnier or not? I think it can be funnier with it sometimes, but other times it's quite opportune to let out a massive "FUCK!" I think the rule I had worked out was passive swearing, censored, aggressive swearing, all-out.

In reality, it all just depended on the person. Some found it even funnier with the censor, others just found it quite childish and unnecessary. I think I was just surprised to see the censorship after seeing videos like "Son of a bitch".
Last edited by Darkobra on 23 Mar 2009, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
blackfangs

Postby blackfangs » 23 Mar 2009, 15:01

I'l have you know i bought a lrr shirt about 2 weeks ago so don't point at me like that matt.
Khomatose
First Video: Fun With Condoms

Postby Khomatose » 23 Mar 2009, 15:08

Personally, I feel that Matt's "Barely controlled nerd-rage" makes the add bitter-sweet.

I bet his blood pressure gets dangerously high sometimes.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 23 Mar 2009, 15:10

Khomatose wrote:Personally, I feel that Matt's "Barely controlled nerd-rage" makes the add bitter-sweet.

I bet his blood pressure gets dangerously high sometimes.

T-T

-m

I am not angry at you.
Khomatose

Postby Khomatose » 23 Mar 2009, 15:12

I only say it because I care :)
gryffinp

Postby gryffinp » 23 Mar 2009, 15:14

I'm going to comment on just one aspect of the video. I feel that the baby selling sign bit went on far too long. It's really easy, (For me at least) to read things that are not right-side up, so I realized what it said in the first second, then waited about twelve more seconds for something else to happen. Other than that, Awesome. Especially Matt's costume. I didn't think I'd be seeing that in a video.

EDIT: Favorite part: Paul reaches for something, Graham points at the ground, then hands it to Paul over Matt.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 23 Mar 2009, 15:17

gryffinp wrote:I'm going to comment on just one aspect of the video. I feel that the baby selling sign bit went on far too long. It's really easy, (For me at least) to read things that are not right-side up, so I realized what it said in the first second, then waited about twelve more seconds for something else to happen. Other than that, Awesome. Especially Matt's costume. I didn't think I'd be seeing that in a video.

I can tell you that lots of people can't though. My dad is incapable of reading upside-down. if it weren't oriented upright he might have missed the joke. And there had to be a moment indicating that I was making the sign as well. so I guess I could have gone faster, or it could have been me capping the pen with a satisfied look on my face, but I really don't think the bit drags that much. it's what, 15 seconds out of the video?

-m

I am not angry at you.
Khomatose

Postby Khomatose » 23 Mar 2009, 15:18

gryffinp wrote:
EDIT: Favorite part: Paul reaches for something, Graham points at the ground, then hands it to Paul over Matt.

Is that a pillow case Paul is hoarding Matt's collectables in?
birdman911

Postby birdman911 » 23 Mar 2009, 15:21

I gotta agree with everyone this was an awsome video! The T-shirt ad was one of the best yet, though I gota agree, come spend some time in the eastern part of canada and expereince some real winter! Angry Matt = Awsome every time!

Just a small note about the video however. I felt that there being a "thud" after graham fell down should have been in there, plus if you listen closely you can hear what sounds like bed springs squeking, as i am asumeing that he fell onto a matress (did anyone else hear this, or am i just crazy??)

But all in all another awsome video and defintly one of my favs!
What you do does not define who you are, who you are defines what you do.
Khomatose

Postby Khomatose » 23 Mar 2009, 15:24

birdman911 wrote:
Just a small note about the video however. I felt that there being a "thud" after graham fell down should have been in there, plus if you listen closely you can hear what sounds like bed springs squeking, as i am asumeing that he fell onto a matress (did anyone else hear this, or am i just crazy??)

I think I heard it too, but having said that, my hearing isn't much to go by :)

I agree about the thud, though the shadows of the white text for the infinate cash cheat totally make up for it!
Nice touch Graham.
birdman911

Postby birdman911 » 23 Mar 2009, 15:29

Khomatose wrote:I agree about the thud, though the shadows of the white text for the infinate cash cheat totally make up for it!
Nice touch Graham.

I have to agree, the shadows from the text are amazing!
What you do does not define who you are, who you are defines what you do.
Khomatose

Postby Khomatose » 23 Mar 2009, 15:29

Such finesse, such artestry!
goat

Postby goat » 23 Mar 2009, 15:32

Evil Jim wrote:
TorachiKatashi wrote:Was anybody looking out their windows to see why Matt was screaming and cursing in the front yard? xD

Edit: As far as the snow, we had a snowstorm Saturday, and if it's like any other year, we'll still have bits of snow trying to melt come the May 24th weekend. xD

Are you sure that was actually snow?

Wow... just.... wow, Evil Jim.

I can't tell you how much my inner nerd was pleased by this video.

Also, I like how Matt was the natural choice to blow the levels for the ad.
Zivlok

Postby Zivlok » 23 Mar 2009, 15:47

Living just a few hundred miles south here in Oregon, I can't tell you how much I agree with that ad. Also, I'm waiting for the Runners shirts to be available, then I'll hells of buy one.

Thoughts on the video:

WHEEEE! It's my first "new" video! Of course, now I have to wait another whole week for the next one...

The opening bit with the bike was hilarious. Loved Paul's expression. Also, JUST before watching the video I got an email from the IMF saying pretty much the same thing as that e-mail.

Canadian coins catch cfire!

I'm not a huge fan of the move to Youtube. I know it's not, but it looks smaller to me. Really, it's change, and those that are not doing the changing are generally opposed to it. I think the big thing is that it's a tad disconcerting having the big gray bar there at the bottom, as opposed to the big blue bar. Also, there's the watermark. But really, it's not that big of a deal, it'll just take a couple weeks to get used to.

The whole bit about stealing Matt's stuff kinda fell flat for me, just because that was such a big focus of recent cHustles, but I loved the very opening bit with Graham fainting. You guys have definitely gotten better at faketing over the years.

And, while the Sam Raimi has gotten a bit tired by now, it just worked so insanely well in this video. And the very ending was quite clever.

BTW - how do you guys get the music to match so perfectly with the videos? I mean, I never notice a cut or change in the music, yet you always manage to get it to stop at the exact right time.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 23 Mar 2009, 15:49

Zivlok wrote:And, while the Sam Raimi has gotten a bit tired by now, it just worked so insanely well in this video.

I love tha sam raimi too much to agree that it's tired. it's a running gag. so it continues to run.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 23 Mar 2009, 16:04

I've missed a lot of stuff today (Well...yesterday), but clearly this was something worth waiting for.

As with Blip and the last major site revision, I'm willing to give youTube a shot, the HD option definitely is a significant step forward in their video quality and overall I think it'll be good for LRR...

...unless it runs them through a 4chan bypass instead...

Video was hilarious, I loved every last reference, and Matt's Halloween costume appearing was great. :)
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
gryffinp

Postby gryffinp » 23 Mar 2009, 17:08

It's what, 15 seconds out of the video?

-m

Yeah, it certainly doesn't kill the video. It's just a bit of a slow moment in the middle of the otherwise fast paced video. I suppose I should have indicated more how much I did like it. Ah well. Accentuate the Negative.
Last edited by gryffinp on 23 Mar 2009, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
Niko88

Re: The vid

Postby Niko88 » 23 Mar 2009, 17:10

Graham wrote:
Niko88 wrote:The downside of YouTube... Censoring. I do despise the beeps.
Guess the only way around that is to buy a LoadingReadyRun DVD

That's not YouTube censoring it, that was me.
And I only did it here for two reasons:
1) It's funnier in this instance.
2) No point in having a really vitriolic F-bomb in front of a video with no other swearing.

Future swearing will continue as normal, regardless of video hosting.

YAY Vulgarity! It is the only way to get my fix in my small Amish community.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 23 Mar 2009, 17:18

If you think that it won't effect your ad revenue in any major way, you might as well go for it. If nothing else, embedding the videos on this site drives up the viewcount on youtube, making them more visible there, which will hopefully bring more people over here.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
notomtolose

Postby notomtolose » 23 Mar 2009, 17:21

I definitely laughed, but... how is a joke/clip taken from [a good online show that I watch], an 'inside' joke? It seems only fair that you at least tell people and link them to the source. After all, it's a really good source!!

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”