When Yahtzee and Graham Collide

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

When Yahtzee and Graham Collide

Postby Elomin Sha » 01 Apr 2009, 08:05

Here we go, the second crossover.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... -Halo-Wars

Edit: Just watched. Good job Graham you pegged Yahtzee very well towards the end.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 01 Apr 2009, 08:11

Brialliant, Graham. Brilliant. Bravo. I didn't think it would be so easy to talk so fast.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Seraphroy
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Seraphroy » 01 Apr 2009, 08:11

Well done Graham, hope this happens again one day, it was enjoyable.
whyarecarrots

Postby whyarecarrots » 01 Apr 2009, 08:15

Sounded like you had fun there Graham: nice parody of Yahtzee ;)
Lyinginbedmon wrote:Real men don't sleep!

INSOMNIA IS MANLY! HAAAH!
InsaneFool
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby InsaneFool » 01 Apr 2009, 08:15

Excellent work Graham.

This was probably one of the best of the recent ZPs

I also like Yahtzee's shout out to you at the end
"People confused by Graham Stark's appearance at the start of this video clearly don't watch Unskippable, and for that I pity them"
Last edited by InsaneFool on 01 Apr 2009, 08:19, edited 1 time in total.
Personal Fail Count: 3ish? (So Far)
Follow me on Twitter
Buzz001

Postby Buzz001 » 01 Apr 2009, 08:17

Outstanding Graham, i could not have been happier to hear of a fusion of ZP and unskippable. Must have bloody hard to do!
artful dodger

Postby artful dodger » 01 Apr 2009, 08:22

The awesome continues. Great job graham.
ExplodingSims

Postby ExplodingSims » 01 Apr 2009, 08:24

Two of my favorite things in one!
Great Job.
He who would sacrifice a little liberty for a little security deserves neither.
Currently Failing my way through college.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 01 Apr 2009, 08:24

Anybody else notice the C64 image midway through Yahtzee's portion of ZP?

Coincidence?

Well played, all.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 01 Apr 2009, 08:26

metcarfre wrote:Anybody else notice the C64 image midway through Yahtzee's portion of ZP?

Coincidence?

Well played, all.

Yep, gave me a little tickle.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
InsaneFool

Postby InsaneFool » 01 Apr 2009, 08:27

metcarfre wrote:Anybody else notice the C64 image midway through Yahtzee's portion of ZP?

Coincidence?

Well played, all.

Oh wow...I did notice it, but completely failed to make the LRR connection, ugh... I fail.
Follow me on Twitter
Evisr

Postby Evisr » 01 Apr 2009, 08:43

I knew you would do well with this. I mean heck you can sing the elements song and the states song.

Though everyone else on The Escapist's comments hated it. They can go die in a fire.
Keith K

Postby Keith K » 01 Apr 2009, 08:44

Well done ol' boy.

And shame on SouthPeak.
InsaneFool

Postby InsaneFool » 01 Apr 2009, 08:48

Evisr wrote:Though everyone else on The Escapist's comments hated it. They can go die in a fire.

Yeah, I don't put much stock in the people that post comments on the Escapist's videos...just look at how many people get banned every. single. week. for doing the "zomg it r teh awexome!!!!1!! FIRST LOLROFLLOL" less than a minute after the videos go up.
Follow me on Twitter
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 01 Apr 2009, 08:51

sorry Graham but I don't think you did a good job on this one, it was mediocre, better then the crap Yahtzee clones you see up on YouTube but still not that great, though it was fun to see you the whole thing play out. Would have been better if you guys bantered a bit more but oh well.
If I ever come up with something witty or interesting I'm not going to display it in plain sight for you buffoons to steal away.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 01 Apr 2009, 08:59

Frozengale wrote:sorry Graham but I don't think you did a good job on this one, it was mediocre, better then the crap Yahtzee clones you see up on YouTube but still not that great, though it was fun to see you the whole thing play out. Would have been better if you guys bantered a bit more but oh well.

I'm going to respectfully disagree. Graham hopped in, and did a respectable send up of Yahtzee's review style. He's never done anything like it before, he han't had years of practice at it, and he's not an angry british fellow living in Australia. Graham's bit was interesting and funny, and everyone on the escapist's biggest complaint about it seems to be that Graham isn't Yahtzee.

Well, duh.

It's just a gag - but its unfair and unrealistic to expect Graham to come out of the gate on this and one up Yahtzee at his own game. For what it's worth, I though G did a fantastic job with it, and as I said to him last night, he's not Yahtzee, but anyone who doesn't enjoy his send up is just being a dink.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 01 Apr 2009, 09:00

Frozengale wrote:sorry Graham but I don't think you did a good job on this one, it was mediocre, better then the crap Yahtzee clones you see up on YouTube but still not that great, though it was fun to see you the whole thing play out. Would have been better if you guys bantered a bit more but oh well.

Perhaps more future crossovers? Yahtzee somehow appearing in a LRR video, Phailhaus ala Whatever Thing's Hyut! episode.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 01 Apr 2009, 09:04

Awsome, I loved it. Graham has a lot of hate for that game, huh? I also liked the section with the imps. Very fun :)
ExplodingSims

Postby ExplodingSims » 01 Apr 2009, 09:16

Elomin Sha wrote:

Perhaps more future crossovers? Yahtzee somehow appearing in a LRR video, Phailhaus ala Whatever Thing's Hyut! episode.

This...Would be awesome. Although between Game Damage and opening a bar, would Yahtzee have the time/interest to do this?

Still, it would be cool if this happened.
He who would sacrifice a little liberty for a little security deserves neither.
Currently Failing my way through college.
Sarah
First Video: Sound Wars

Postby Sarah » 01 Apr 2009, 09:27

I have to say, it was really strange hearing Graham do ZP, it's pretty different from his usual style. I've watched only one other ZP video in my life so I can't really judge, but I'll agree with Matt on this one. Twas well done. I didn't enjoy it as much as LRR and Unskippable, but that's just because it's not my type of thing.
Acropolis

Postby Acropolis » 01 Apr 2009, 09:30

I agree with Matt on this one. I enjoyed both collaborations this week on the Escapist between Yahtzee and Graham. In fact, I think that Graham did a better job at Yahtzee's shtick than Yahtzee did at Paul and Graham's. (Unskippable felt a little more rapid and angry this week with the addition of Yahtzee. Whereas, Graham does a great job in maintaining the energy and spirit of Zero Punctuation's game deconstruction.) Yahtzee also seems to think Graham did a good job, with not only a plug for Unskippable at the end of the video, but also is obviously referencing LRR with the C64 image. I'm all for being critical, but I think it's props all around for this week.

This week has definitely added three new videos to my list of favorites.
wedrinkritalin

Postby wedrinkritalin » 01 Apr 2009, 09:40

How was it done? Did you just send yahtzee an audio recording and he did the video for you?
goat

Postby goat » 01 Apr 2009, 09:50

Nice job, Graham. Although I think it needs to be pointed out that your inclusion of using "air quotes" is in direct conflict with the Zero Punctuation family name.

Also, I was unaware that you could "ing" "cunt" (if you know what I mean *nudge nudge*).
Last edited by goat on 01 Apr 2009, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 01 Apr 2009, 09:51

I love that Graham managed to cram double the normal amount of obscenity into two minutes.
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 01 Apr 2009, 10:13

Matt wrote:

I'm going to respectfully disagree. Graham hopped in, and did a respectable send up of Yahtzee's review style. He's never done anything like it before, he han't had years of practice at it, and he's not an angry british fellow living in Australia. Graham's bit was interesting and funny, and everyone on the escapist's biggest complaint about it seems to be that Graham isn't Yahtzee.

Well, duh.

It's just a gag - but its unfair and unrealistic to expect Graham to come out of the gate on this and one up Yahtzee at his own game. For what it's worth, I though G did a fantastic job with it, and as I said to him last night, he's not Yahtzee, but anyone who doesn't enjoy his send up is just being a dink.

-m

The reason I found it mediocre was because yes he was not Yahtzee but he tried to do it to much like Yahtzee, I personally wanted to see a Graham style review with Yahtzee being a jerk about the whole thing in the background. Just a Graham flavored imitation while good, is not great. But yeah you're right that considering he just jumped right into it I have to agree that it was well done.

If I ever come up with something witty or interesting I'm not going to display it in plain sight for you buffoons to steal away.

Return to “General Discussion”