Phailhaüs - 23

For videos that aren't... y'know... "real". Whatever Thing, Phailhaüs, etc.
Graham
Super Moderator

Phailhaüs - 23

Postby Graham » 08 Apr 2009, 21:35

Oh, The Hills. You awful, awful show.
Kate!

Postby Kate! » 08 Apr 2009, 21:44

I know it's a terrible show, but it's so funny to make fun of, that I love it so much.

My boyfriend hates me for it.

:(
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 08 Apr 2009, 21:59

Omigod... it's Phailhaus, omigod! But yah, like that Berliner guy, is like a total like.. douche, like yah.

Thanks for moar phail, lololololololkthnxbbq. It's a good thing I'm blissfully ignorant of The Hills, or I guess I might be raging now.
"LRR för 4 av 5 toasts"
Kdz
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby Kdz » 08 Apr 2009, 22:39

I couldn't stop laughing. I'm still catching my breath. You guys obviously had a lot of fun with this one.

And laughter is contagious. Make sure you get vaccinated today!

Key phrases:
"mischief-by-modem"
"space astronaut"

Related links:
The IMDB page for 'Terminal Entry'
It's sorely lacking in fun tidbits and such. The review featured is hilarious for entirely the wrong reasons.

Beardness:
It seems to be moreso than usual. As a beard proponent, I approve. Also, I note it's multi-colored. I have the same issue.

Epitaph:
I don't plan on having one. But if I were to have one, I'm thinking something like "Even dead, still better than you." I don't know, I haven't put a lot of thought in to. Like I said, don't plan on having one.
Last edited by Kdz on 08 Apr 2009, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
meisbored
First Video: Daylight Savings

Postby meisbored » 08 Apr 2009, 23:39

I pretty much decided last week that my epitaph will most likely say something along the lines of "He did it for the lulz."
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 09 Apr 2009, 00:20

is phail going to still be on blip, or is it just how things worked out?
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 09 Apr 2009, 00:36

Cybren wrote:is phail going to still be on blip, or is it just how things worked out?

YTBD

Yet To Be Determined
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 09 Apr 2009, 00:40

I just noticed that Graham has "Flight" volumes 3 and 4 on his shelf. Awesome sauce.
manika

Postby manika » 09 Apr 2009, 00:56

now that was 'Hills'arious. oh what a bad play on words from my account and yet i had to do it.
I loved this phailhouse.
So much phail from Germany (over all phailhouses) and each time I think that I should have read or heard about that myself, because we Germans are apparently really weird people, but I never have so far.
On Epitaphs, maybe I should go with a classic like: 'I'm invinci....'
Or maybe:
'Did I say"I just open the door that says 'Death'? I meant 'I check for traps'." But then, that might be a bit long.
anyways.
A phail a day keeps the doctor away, since laughter is supposed to be quite the medicine. Dang I could just keep on writing, so I better stop now.
All suspects are guilty. Period! Otherwise they wouldn't be suspects, would they?
Maximillian

Postby Maximillian » 09 Apr 2009, 02:00

I think that the whole livening-up of wakes thing is going to stay with me for a very long time. It's likely that I'm going to be in class one day, remember it, and laugh pretty loudly. If I get any flak for random laughter, I can blame Graham. Maybe my teacher will be a follower of the House of Phail.

As far as Epitaphs go....I'd probably have something along the lines of "VACANCY." Just to freak people out once they think about it enough.
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future || The sheltering wings of the protector...
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 09 Apr 2009, 02:15

Great stuff, that was really funny. Valley girl impersonations are allways hilarious, but you guys just now had something special.

Also, regarding the incredibly stupid person here in England who complained about an adult channel having adult material on it, well, idiots are everywhere and that does unfortunatley include England. My butler is already on his way to deal with this one though..

I say.
-.q
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 09 Apr 2009, 02:58

epitaphs:

"Roll for initiative."
"His name was Robert Paulson."
"We apologize for the inconvenience."
"As seen on TV!"
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 09 Apr 2009, 03:22

Why is it the first thing I notice about Kate's appearance in this video is her hair is different?

Looks good by the way.

Kate! wrote:My boyfriend hates me for it.

:(
A significant portion of the LRR fanbase just cried out in anguish.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
whyarecarrots

Postby whyarecarrots » 09 Apr 2009, 03:26

NEW PHAILHAUS!!!! *nerdgasm*
Lyinginbedmon wrote:Real men don't sleep!

INSOMNIA IS MANLY! HAAAH!
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 09 Apr 2009, 03:40

Quite possibly the funniest Phailhaus yet. I was in stitches, especially at the end, with Graham and Kate going back and forth about the hills... actually, that ten seconds is probably the most flamboyant Graham's ever been. :shock: DAMN YOU, THE HILLS.

IN ENGLAND, doesn't everyone who has something to whine about write letters to the Daily Telegraph? Stephen Fry seems to make fun of it quite a lot. Perhaps they are to blame.
Oxford
First Video: The Whatever Thing

Postby Oxford » 09 Apr 2009, 04:00

Ah, Germany. Your weirdness never ceases to amaze me. Neither do the antics of the Southern United States. Or China.

And THE DUTCH!
9 out of 10 Americans believe that out of 10 people 1 American will always disagree with the other 9.
Canonfoder

Postby Canonfoder » 09 Apr 2009, 04:34

The "wakes" joke really made me feel like an ignorant American because I had to look up what a wake is. I know them more as a "visitation" but that might just be me or my little piece of earth. Once I realized that High-Larity ensured.

Piglets! Piglets! What if it was sheep instead? cause its really easy to get them to follow people.

My epitaph right now would probably be more along the lolololololol lines or something like "he always tried to be funny..."
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 09 Apr 2009, 04:43

Graham really pegged about England's complaint system. Whenever something bad happens we either form in a queue, make a cup of tea, or if we're really irate we write a letter. I've only done the cup of tea and writing a letter portion so far. Just need to find a queue to complete the set...In England.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Kevco
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Kevco » 09 Apr 2009, 05:01

Could a LLR Parody of The Hills, taking place in Victoria, be considered for a video? Hmm....

Other than that, I feel rephreshed. Thanks for the phail!
concupiscentcrustacean
First Video: black box

Postby concupiscentcrustacean » 09 Apr 2009, 05:21

man, when those piglets grow up, he's just going to be followed by a bunch of full grown pigs.

I guess they can be seen better in traffic?
"I studied the ancient art of Origami gun making, and i've folded a pistol out of purest prose. This is an Origami 45. The most powerful poetry in the world."
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 09 Apr 2009, 05:31

The Aegis was the name of Zeus' shield, often seen in the possession of Athena, which was emblazoned with the image of a gorgon, so anyone that looked at it turned to stone.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Isiah_Jenner

Postby Isiah_Jenner » 09 Apr 2009, 05:32

Phun Phact: the form of group mourning known as a Wake developed from older traditions of attempting to "wake up" the individual, in case they are not in fact dead. One may think this foolish, but on occasion the individual believed to be dead has actually woken up, having only been unconscious. as seen in the film "The Shipping News". so in hindsight, grahams initial turn of phrase is actually quite hilarious!

*rainbow forms above hands with words "the more you know!"*

And the never ending phail continues and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
"The bureaucracy is expanding, in order to accommodate the needs of the expanding bureaucracy"
-unknown(civ 4)

"Define 'interesting'"
"Oh god, oh god, we're all going to die?"
-Mal and Wash, Serenity
goat

Postby goat » 09 Apr 2009, 05:43

I maintain that Graham's "the Downs" idea would be hi-larious (though obviously not possible). I'd also really like to see "the Hills (have eyes)" where the entire cast is just chased about suburbia and brutally murdered.

...but maybe that's just me.

In place of an epitaph, I'd like a glass box with a shotgun inside that reads "break glass in case of zombification".

Legitimately, Texans are generally regarded slightly higher than Arkansas-ians(?). Not much, but slightly. There are at least more recognizable cities in Texas.

Cpt. Danny Jackson and Col. Styles are both fucking AWESOME names.

Finally, +1 for more sunglasses. Good night, and good phail.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 09 Apr 2009, 05:59

Great phail as always.

As far as putting it on some other hosting site (presumably Youtube), I don't think that'd work as well as putting the sketches on Youtube. Part of the appeal of the Phailhaus is the fact that we already know who you guys are. If it was on Youtube, people might be like, "who are you and why do we care?" It could look like just anyone else's video bloggings.

Then again, the Whatever Things are all on Youtube... ah, what the hell do I know? I definitely prefer the sleeker, more professional look that Blip.tv brings to the site, but if the hits are that much better, can't really argue with that.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Shandi
First Video: The Secret Life of Toast

Postby Shandi » 09 Apr 2009, 06:09

Thank you! Lovely way to start my morning. All throughout this sleep deprived day of packing, I will giggle to myself at intervals.
This is why I'm LOL!
-Shandi

Return to “Bonus Video”