Left 4 Dead

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Raine
First Video: underpantloons

Left 4 Dead

Postby Raine » 14 Apr 2009, 18:36

Ok, im just got Left 4 Dead for my PC. I CANT stand some of the a$% holes on the net. Im hoping There are more PC players than just me that plays L4D.

So... What im getting at is...
I looking for friends to play with.

On Steam I an Raine.
Im part of the Loading Ready Run, TwentySided, and Desert Bus For Hope Groups.

So if you wanna play, Add me.
Thank you!
G+ <-- Its a link, yo!
Be Strong!
Be Pleasant.
Be Unwavering!
Be Smart.
Be Awesome!
Awareness! It was under ‘E’!
Cureless_Poison
First Video: Fun with microwaves.

Postby Cureless_Poison » 14 Apr 2009, 20:55

Reason being why I only play with people I know, about 90% of the people I've met in random matches are assholes.....or I am because I speed-run strait to the safe-house.

Got it on 360 though.
Kag

Postby Kag » 14 Apr 2009, 21:16

Fraszoid

Postby Fraszoid » 15 Apr 2009, 11:44

I usually try to play with friends, people I know or with my clan mates. I guess I've been mostly lucky in finding good people at random, but you always find idiots too. One guy wouldn't heal me, he would go to 90% then stop so I don't get healed, all the while we are running from a horde on dead air in the terminal. Then he kills me because I say I'd kill him if I didn't need him alive.

Worst game I've played is with my clan leader, he kept messing with the settings when I want to play the campaign, then switches it to versus mode mid campaign with only 3 people on the server.

Steam name is Fraszoid, feel free to add me, I'm also in the LRR group.
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 15 Apr 2009, 18:56

I usually get a team of nice people
but sometimes i get a team of douchebags

no matter how much of a dick they are i try to be nice. helping them out, saying thanks when they heal me, you know the things most people neglect to do..

steam is runie360 :)
Raine
First Video: underpantloons

Postby Raine » 15 Apr 2009, 20:32

Kag wrote:B|

LOL!
looking to play many good games
and the bad one will happen every now and then...
G+ <-- Its a link, yo!
Be Strong!
Be Pleasant.
Be Unwavering!
Be Smart.
Be Awesome!
Awareness! It was under ‘E’!
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 16 Apr 2009, 01:06

Speedrunners are annoying for the infected because there's not much you can do against them.

It takes the fun out of the game if you just play for points instead of playing to fight off zombies.

And until they take out the corner spam spots in versus modes, it can get lame on most No Mercy maps.
I can't think of a signature.
Cureless_Poison

Postby Cureless_Poison » 16 Apr 2009, 01:41

CyberTractor wrote:Speedrunners are annoying for the infected because there's not much you can do against them.

That's the fun in it, you win super fast and they can't do anything about it but rage.
davefp

Postby davefp » 16 Apr 2009, 05:37

Man, speedrunners are SO annoying. It's really difficult to get a team of randoms to organize a decent ambush on a bunch of speedrunners :(

I'm looking forward to the April 21st update, I can't wait to play Survival mode and the other two maps on versus.
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 16 Apr 2009, 06:32

Cureless_Poison wrote:
CyberTractor wrote:Speedrunners are annoying for the infected because there's not much you can do against them.

That's the fun in it, you win super fast and they can't do anything about it but rage.

I think slightly less of you now.
I can't think of a signature.
InsaneFool
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby InsaneFool » 16 Apr 2009, 06:35

I don't really mind speedrunning...sure its annoying when you're playing as infected, but I've been known to do it when I play survivor, so I can't really call foul.

What I can't wait for is some kind of update that significantly lowers the survivor's score if even one person is left behind...that way even if they are speed running, an effective ambush by the infected that takes out even one survivor would even things out...sure they're still "win" but the score wouldn't be 3193 to 250
Personal Fail Count: 3ish? (So Far)
Follow me on Twitter
Seraphroy
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Seraphroy » 16 Apr 2009, 06:43

The thing is, speedrunning is the most effective strategy in Versus. The fact that the specials are constantly respawning means you can't stop at one point, otherwise the infected get another shot at killing you off. The fewer opportunities the infected get at attacking you at once, the better the score will be.
gryffinp

Postby gryffinp » 16 Apr 2009, 10:01

I haven't played Left 4 Dead in a long time, so I'm not up on the current Metagame, but it seemed to me like speedrunning was kind of the point? The motto between me and my friends was always "Keep moving. Always keep moving." If you slow down you're dead. Maybe if one guy went down you'd pause for a moment to get them up, but when two were down the smart thing to do was to run. Stopping only meant the other hunter would get you.
InsaneFool
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby InsaneFool » 16 Apr 2009, 17:08

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=2417

Details about how the new Survival Mode!
Personal Fail Count: 3ish? (So Far)
Follow me on Twitter
davefp

Postby davefp » 17 Apr 2009, 13:05

InsaneFool wrote:What I can't wait for is some kind of update that significantly lowers the survivor's score if even one person is left behind...that way even if they are speed running, an effective ambush by the infected that takes out even one survivor would even things out...sure they're still "win" but the score wouldn't be 3193 to 250

Well they do lose a multiplier point, as well as lose the ability to effectively defend themselves against the next attack. I've never had a huge problem with runners, it makes it easier to surprise them with Boomers. That tends to slow them down :twisted:
Septavius
Location: The friends to the south of our friends to the north

Postby Septavius » 17 Apr 2009, 15:58

One well-placed suicide boomer tends to bring a rushing team to a dead stop until the visual impairment subsides. That usually opens up good opportunities for the other infected.
Smidge

Postby Smidge » 19 Apr 2009, 14:28

If you want to play a game of L4D PC count me in :D

A problem would maybe be lag in games mixed with American / European players.

But if anyone wants to give it a try?

btw, how can I join the LRR group on Steam?
davefp

Postby davefp » 20 Apr 2009, 14:51

Smidge wrote:btw, how can I join the LRR group on Steam?

It's a public group, so if you go to the group page there should be a 'join this group' link on the left.
.Secret8znMan.

Postby .Secret8znMan. » 21 Apr 2009, 17:56

anyone try out the stuff in the new patch yet?

man, survival mode is hard
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 21 Apr 2009, 18:05

I play it on Xbox, and I honestly prefer it. It's harder, but in a good way: my weapon doesn't seem weightless, I can't just swing my mouse and do a 360, it takes time (like it does in real life). It feels more realistic and challenging, and as a result I have a lot more fun than I would with the PC Version.

I just downloaded the patch, and I'm going to be trying out Versus on Death Toll and Dead Air in a few minutes.. Caaaan't Waaiiit
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Cureless_Poison

Postby Cureless_Poison » 21 Apr 2009, 18:12

JesterJ. wrote:(like it does in real life)

Guns do not take time to swing around, I used plenty of guns and I have no trouble whipping them around. Wood or Steel or Carbon, guns are pretty light objects....or I'm really strong
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 21 Apr 2009, 18:19

Cureless_Poison wrote:

Guns do not take time to swing around, I used plenty of guns and I have no trouble whipping them around. Wood or Steel or Carbon, guns are pretty light objects....or I'm really strong

You can't spin around 10 times in the span of 2 seconds, which is my point. I guess it's less of "your gun feels like it has weight," and more of "you feel like you have mass, and you're not just a paper doll."
Cureless_Poison

Postby Cureless_Poison » 21 Apr 2009, 19:03

JesterJ. wrote:
Cureless_Poison wrote:

You can't spin around 10 times in the span of 2 seconds, which is my point. I guess it's less of "your gun feels like it has weight," and more of "you feel like you have mass, and you're not just a paper doll."

Touche`
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 21 Apr 2009, 19:49

Oh god, EPIC NERF to melee. I...I can't be invincible anymore. What do I DO?!
davefp

Re: Left 4 Dead

Postby davefp » 23 Apr 2009, 12:21

The only reason there is a limit on how fast you can turn on the XBox is because there is a limit on how far you can move the stick. This is true of all console FPS games (that I've played, at least). I don't like it personally. PC 4eva, yo!

*ahem*

Survival mode is awesome. I also like the 'new' versus campaigns. I Played through Death Toll on Wednesday and had a blast. I wrote about it here: http://francishateseverything.com/2009/ ... -thoughts/

Return to “Video Games”