The Dinner Party

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
DontPanic

Postby DontPanic » 20 Apr 2009, 15:31

Father Time wrote:And to think all you had to do was give them the wrong date on the invitation.

This is weird though very weird. I can safely say that I didn't expect what was coming.

Hardcore drinkers always find the right date and address for free booze.
I am going to go watch a Image
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 20 Apr 2009, 15:46

Totally did not expect this one.

i like the ending tho
notomtolose

Postby notomtolose » 20 Apr 2009, 15:47

I guess I was the only one who thought the explosion failed. It took me a full two or three seconds to realize what had happened, and the resultant use of my brain made me wonder why they would have gone to all that trouble if they'd already used a car bomb to solve the same problem.

In other words: Punch 1 good, punch 2 great, punch 3 not so much.

Still awesome, though.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 20 Apr 2009, 15:49

Some great creepy going on there. Also some hilarious acting of unconvincing acting, and THE BIGGEST TICK EVER! Wouldn't even fit on the clipboard. Man, that was a tick. Yes, sir....
Kevco
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Kevco » 20 Apr 2009, 16:05

Whoa dude.....
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 20 Apr 2009, 16:44

[quote="emma"][/quote]
HOLY CARP! EMMA IS BACK FROM THE DEAD GUIZE!
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
SimpsonsParadox

Postby SimpsonsParadox » 20 Apr 2009, 18:34

Due to my lack of time, I actually ended the video after the 'I hope they like toasters' line, believing that to be the end of the video. It's only after reading this thread that I realized there was a third punch line. I have to say, however, that I liked the video much better as a one-two punch. The "I hope they like toasters" line was a great ending, where as the car bomb ending made the logic part of my ever so slightly confused. Why go through all the trouble if they were just going to blow them up in the end?

Unless, of course, they had the car bugged. Hmmm....
Do, A Deer, A Female Deer
Sauter

Postby Sauter » 20 Apr 2009, 18:55

Ah! That was great! Explosion could have been more like an explosion, but hey. And I adore Cake's hedgehog pictures! They're so cute, more so than baby mere cats.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 20 Apr 2009, 19:25

SimpsonsParadox wrote:Why go through all the trouble if they were just going to blow them up in the end?

So they could plant the bombs. That's why they both left the room.
I think of these things.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 20 Apr 2009, 19:29

I don't often play characters, so I ditched my glasses and pulled back my hair for this role. Well, pulled back my hair. The mask made wearing glasses not fun.
Glad everyone liked the Kathleen and Mike creepy team!
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
Fisher.

Postby Fisher. » 20 Apr 2009, 19:51

So, if the masks were the inspiration for the video, one must question: Where'd the masks come from?

Also, good job on the car-bomb. Definitely didn't see it coming.
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 20 Apr 2009, 19:55

Zivlok wrote:And we haven't seen Mike since... *checks Wiki* okay, Mike doesn't have a filmography page. But it's been awhile. And I think Brad's last one was the one about high fives. Right, Hanging. And the one before that was in Season Four?! Sheesh.

Mike doesn't have a wiki page? WTFBBQ? This is at least the third one he's been in with me alone.

Yeah, I had to take a hiatus from Loading Ready Run in season five because of some pain in the ass legal work contractual arrangements I won't go into. I had a writing credit for season 5, but even that was pushing it back then. Now I have no such constraints, so you'll see more of me.
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 20 Apr 2009, 19:55

Brad FTW. MORE BRAD.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
SimpsonsParadox

Postby SimpsonsParadox » 20 Apr 2009, 20:01

Graham wrote:
SimpsonsParadox wrote:Why go through all the trouble if they were just going to blow them up in the end?

So they could plant the bombs. That's why they both left the room.
I think of these things.

Ah ha. That actually makes a large amount of sense. Thanks!

-edit- Thinking about it a bit more, that makes a whole lot of the video fall into place.
Last edited by SimpsonsParadox on 20 Apr 2009, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
Do, A Deer, A Female Deer
Cade Antilles
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor

Postby Cade Antilles » 20 Apr 2009, 20:03

Brad's facial expressions were priceless! The car bomb totally caught me off guard, too! :lol:
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
Narrator

Postby Narrator » 20 Apr 2009, 21:34

Brad wrote: I had to take a hiatus from Loading Ready Run in season five because of some pain in the ass legal work contractual arrangements I won't go into.

Wait, I know you said you won't go into it, but you actually weren't allowed to take part in LRR? Bummer.

I hope it was worth it. I mean, I'm assuming paying job, which over partaking in LRR probably has priority, but that's a rough ride on the ol' Freedom Train.
=Burger, Fries, Chocolate Shake; Some one's mind I is about to take!=
Cade Antilles
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor

Postby Cade Antilles » 20 Apr 2009, 22:16

Brad was an assassin working for the Bolivian government and was required under contract to not showcase his undercover acting techniques on the internet. They feared it would undermine his ability to clandestinely eliminate rebellious malcontents.

How do I know this? I refuse to compromise my sources!
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
micahman212

Postby micahman212 » 20 Apr 2009, 22:47

the sadistic themes in that vid will haunt me for years :shock: :? :lol:
draco

Postby draco » 20 Apr 2009, 22:51

i know wat was mising an axe
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 20 Apr 2009, 22:53

I was definitely one of the people watching it waiting for the payoff, and I have to agree that it would have been a tighter video if it ended with "I hope they like toasters" (which was brilliant)...however it wouldn't have felt right without the carbomb ending... go figure.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Daco
First Video: can't remember

Postby Daco » 21 Apr 2009, 00:47

fucking awesome! :D

best
final
ever XD
DOOR STUCK DOOR IS STUCK
What?

Postby What? » 21 Apr 2009, 00:48

First of all, this is the first non-cH video you guys have done in a while that's really made me laugh throughout, so bravo, and I hope we see more.

That said, I'll third (or fourth, or whatever) the notion that it would have worked much better had you stopped at "I hope they like toasters". The explosion came out of nowhere, and not in a good way. It's continued the trend of mildly over-the-top violence that's been popping up more in your videos, and it's an angle that I, personally, find both entirely unfunny and a little disturbing.
zico

Postby zico » 21 Apr 2009, 00:59

Wow, just wow.
I knew Kathleen was evil ... but that? Wow. Silly me: By cH I also think you are this way in reality.
The bomb was somethign I really did not expect in the end.

By the way: Brad should be in way more videos. More! :P
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 21 Apr 2009, 01:06

What? wrote:It's continued the trend of mildly over-the-top violence that's been popping up more in your videos, and it's an angle that I, personally, find both entirely unfunny and a little disturbing.

I'm not debating whether the ending was funny or not, that's your opinion, and that's cool, but this statement I find odd.

"Crime and Punishment" ends with a gunshot, and "Terms of Friendship" ends with a punch (neither of which I feel are "over-the-top" in the context of their own videos), but I'm looking at the archive and I can't find any other recent videos with violence even in them.
It's certainly not a "trend".
Can you elaborate?
What?

Postby What? » 21 Apr 2009, 01:22

Probably, in that I misused the term trend. It's just popped up a couple of times recently ("Crime and Punishment" was the other big one I was thinking of), when nothing of this sort has popped up in any of the other videos of yours that I've watched. It's not something I've particularly enjoyed, so having it show up twice in recent videos, combined with (IMO) a run of rather sub-par offerings (outside of cH) between the two probably meant it's taken up a larger part of my viewpoint of recent videos then it rightfully should. Sorry, should have thought a bit more.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”