Loading Ready Gym

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Re: Loading Ready Gym

Postby Jillers » 28 Apr 2009, 18:21

Cake wrote:I wake up and have 2 apples. An hour later, I go for a run. And hour later, I have a yogurt and an orange. 2 hours later, the salad with fish.2 hours later, a small snack consisting of peanut butter and oats. 1 hour later, walk a mile with the vest. 1 hour later, eat some lean meat. 1 hour later, walk another mile with the vest. 1 hour later, some veggies, and 1 hour later, 1 more mile. The excercise and eating is spaced out. I'm neither starving myself, nor over exerting myself.

But if I'm going to get sick everytime I eat a salad, I'm going to find a different plan, really quick.

I would say that would be fine if you were going to exercise so much, but maybe you should consider a bigger breakfast? I don't think you're giving yourself enough energy in what you're eating to support the running the walking with (and without) the weighted vest and the push ups and sit ups you want to tack on. I'd suggest finding out how many calories you're burning w/ the exercising and shift your diet accordingly.

My friend is studying to do this kind of stuff for a living, and I think I'd be remiss in my duties as a friend to not point people in her direction as far as this topic is concerned (but if you don't want to talk to her, that's cool)

Also, just think about how guilty you'll feel after having the pizza!
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 28 Apr 2009, 18:23

Thanks guys. Siobhan, no hot body for me, it's not my body type. Alls I could do is just end up shrinking my pants size.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 28 Apr 2009, 18:29

half way through second week of 'diet'.
weight loss to date: 4.5kgs (almost 10lbs).
i think i finally found the right amount of protein per day for me. i had trouble retaining muscle while doing so much cardio before. seems to be going well. still focused and determined.
also, i love salad.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 28 Apr 2009, 18:58

I never defined hot bod :D Being healthy is HAWT. I don't want to be skinny, I want to be healthy on my insides.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
masamune

Postby masamune » 29 Apr 2009, 00:30

anyone brave enough to post before and after pics? :P
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 29 Apr 2009, 03:30

Apparently healthy on my insides means malnutrition.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
theINC

Postby theINC » 29 Apr 2009, 04:20

Lyinginbedmon wrote:Thing is, I know I have a fast metabolism and all, but I quite regularly eat quite a bit of junk food, like bacon and melted cheese, and I eat a couple chocolate bars every day.

Maybe it's all the walking I do between college and home...

I'm in the same situation as you. I'm close to 6 foot (I'm probably 5'10"?) and I'm about... 54.8 kg.

So that makes my BMI 19, just in the healthy range.

I need to do weight training more than anything, I get enough aerobic exercise from walking around the city for school.
Woland owes me 10 points.
Dr Evil42

Postby Dr Evil42 » 29 Apr 2009, 14:16

I feel proud of myself. :D
I found an unopened bag of Ruffles in my terribly messy kitchen and I just threw them away.
Hooray!!! I resisted temptation!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PS: Retrieve Arms from Safe
Problem Sleuth
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 29 Apr 2009, 14:26

masamune wrote:anyone brave enough to post before and after pics? :P

Sure. I don't care if people see me topless and in my shorts. I used to teach swimming lessons. I'll take a before tonight. I'll take an after when I'm done. I'll post them after the after picture.

Day 3

Weight: 308.8 pounds.

Notes: No more salad. It has been making me violently ill. I'm a bit sore in just about every place you can imagine. My body is asking me what's going on.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 29 Apr 2009, 14:31

People have already seen me topless around here.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 29 Apr 2009, 15:22

Lyinginbedmon wrote:People have already seen me topless around here.

Me t- ... wait.

masamune

Postby masamune » 29 Apr 2009, 22:03

is anyone trying this apple cider vinegar thing? supposedly you drink a couple of teaspoons in a glass of water first thing in the morning and later on with a meal and it kicks your metabolism into overdrive. i started yesterday. it unsettles the stomach slightly the first couple of times, (nothing major, just feel a little bloated) but i'm fine on my second day. it's pretty revolting, but i'll let you know the results.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 29 Apr 2009, 22:58

Ill post some later... Ima stick with this and give it a shot. All my managers here are health freaks, but they all agree, a good sized breakfast to start the day is a necessity. So maybe eggs for major protein and some 9 grain toast with lean ham wouldnt KILL your diet.
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 29 Apr 2009, 23:00

I didn't get the to gym today but did do yard work for a couple hours; raking, hauling wood, running after the cat outside, etc. so good for me. But then I ordered pizza for supper because I had no creativity cooking tonite. =( If I had a girlfriend who enjoyed cooking healthy stuff I'd be well on my way to recovery. Hey ladies, I'm single, strong, kind, thoughtful, affectionate & appreciative!
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 30 Apr 2009, 13:21

Day 4

Weight: 306.8 pounds

Notes: I feel fantastic, and I've never felt as good as how I do right now, except for maybe when I think of how I felt that day, when I felt the way that I do right now.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 30 Apr 2009, 13:30

Cake wrote:Notes: I feel fantastic, and I've never felt as good as how I do right now, except for maybe when I think of how I felt that day, when I felt the way that I do right now.

You win just for the Coulton reference, as long as diet pills aren't involved.
GHOVO
First Video: 1337. I think

Postby GHOVO » 30 Apr 2009, 13:32

Seeming I'm starting a new healthy lifestyle ...

I'm 5'11'' and I'm 13.7st.

I currently do half n hour in the morning, half an hour in the afternoon on Wii fit with Loza. Will up this when I feel more comfortable, but due to the baby (Me and Loza are doing this together) we don't have much time, so when I go to Uni I'll be doing a little bit more in the gym, and walking to and from lectures. (Will be a 30 minute walk)

Food wise I've kinda gone from eating; no breakfast, instant noodle for lunch and ASDA microwave meals or a 12" pizza for tea - to; cereal or fruit for breakfast, stir fry for lunch, and lamb/steak/chicken with salad for tea. We are also doing the Volvic challenge (1.5L of Volvic water a day for 14 days) so thats a bit different from Coffee, fizzy drinks then Guinness, and very often back to Coffee.

I know the food won't last for very long so I'm trying to eat as well as possible before I go back to uni.

[EDIT]

Also I've just quit smoking not so long ago so go me!
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 30 Apr 2009, 13:48

You're doing great cake!! But, be careful you aren't dropping weight at a dangerous level. I think 2 lbs a week is the max you should be losing.

GHOVO
First Video: 1337. I think

Postby GHOVO » 30 Apr 2009, 13:57

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:You're doing great cake!! But, be careful you aren't dropping weight at a dangerous level. I think 2 lbs a week is the max you should be losing.

I'm not weighing in at the right time but I'll give an update in a week or so about what my weight loss is!

But thanks :)
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 30 Apr 2009, 14:10

You're not Cake!

But good point, weigh ins should be once a week, in the morning before any type of food.

Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 30 Apr 2009, 14:25

Weight fluxuates a great deal and for a great many reasons.

you really shouldn't be weiging in more than once a week, beczause your weight will go up and down from day to day.

I try to check mine tuesday mornings only.

also: quit weiging in in stones. you crazy british are the only people that use it, and it's meaningless to the rest of us. (although it equates to roughly 14lbs/st)

-m

I am not angry at you.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 30 Apr 2009, 15:39

But the chart I have for the right length of rope to hang a person is calculated in stone!

I mean....LOOK, A THREE HEADED MONKEY!
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 30 Apr 2009, 16:48

Weighing in every day is what keeps me focused, actually. Last year, I lost 50 pounds. Once I stopped weighing in every day, I lost focus. Once I lost focus, I cheated a little. A little cheating turned into a lot of cheating, and I gained 25 pounds back. Which is where I am right now. So I'll keep weighing in everyday, at least for a reminder to myself.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 30 Apr 2009, 16:52

Now if you're going to execute someone, hold them down and put successively larger stones on top of their chest.

Then dump the body near a rock slide.

Giles Corey for the win!
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 30 Apr 2009, 16:56

So tomorrow is going to be my Day Zero in so much I am going to renew my Gym pass for the month of May and see how things go. I will report back tomorrow afternoon and let you know my exact weight (according the scale at the gym) and I have no problem with before and after shots, hell I'll even go shirtless. Considering you can see that in a handful of videos anyways I could care less.

Return to “General Discussion”