Any Scrubs fans?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
zfubarz

Any Scrubs fans?

Postby zfubarz » 08 May 2009, 00:16

If so, sad that it's most likely over now?

It's definitely one of my favorite shows of all time, I'm glad they got to have a last season after NBC screwed them over last year.

I still wish there was more though.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Re: Any Scrubs fans?

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 08 May 2009, 01:50

My brother will turn the channel over onto Scrubs from anything, regardless of who is watching and what.

I dislike Scrubs because they haven't changed much if at all over the course of so many seasons and I've seen most of the episodes that are shown over here already.

So my brother makes me absolutely abhore it.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 08 May 2009, 01:54

lol That's part of what I love about it myself, They had an idea for a show, and evolved it to focus on the parts that worked, but still managed to keep the original narrative style. For the most part it managed to stay fresh despite being based almost entirely on very specific character traits. (cox and the girl names, JD and the girlishness etc.)
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 08 May 2009, 03:19

I need to watch this show more.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 08 May 2009, 03:21

I saw the last episode. All I'll say is that I can't believe it's finally over! I knew this day would come but I was never looking forward to it.

Oh and they're thinking of doing a new series called Scrubs - Interns or something. But it's not set in stone.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 08 May 2009, 03:28

I thought it ended a year ago.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 08 May 2009, 03:38

haven't seen the end, but it really needed to finish. i loved it, but it got pretty stale.
Tetsubo

Postby Tetsubo » 08 May 2009, 04:19

My wife is a major Scrubs fan. I bought her the first four seasons on DVD as a Yule gift last year. I can take it or leave it. The writing often seems uneven to me. But when it's good, I do enjoy it.
--
Tetsubo
--------------------------------------
Deviant Art: http://ironstaff.deviantart.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tetsubo57
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 08 May 2009, 05:22

I almost cried.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 08 May 2009, 07:13

My sister, who is currently in her residency tells me that Scrubs is the most accurate doctor show on tv... and they pretty much get the stereotypes correct
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 08 May 2009, 09:00

masamune wrote:haven't seen the end, but it really needed to finish. i loved it, but it got pretty stale.

This.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 08 May 2009, 09:10

I watch it on Comedy central a lot, but when i saw the episode called "My ABCs" I decided that I NEEDED to watch it online immediately.

For those who don't know, that was the episode that involved Sesame Street characters, such as one of them getting an xray that showed they have a hand up inside them.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 08 May 2009, 09:29

I LOVE the show, too bad i say the last by accident
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Joshua
First Video: Dont remember

Postby Joshua » 08 May 2009, 10:39

Scrubs was my favorite show, I thought the way they ended it was amazing, I'm sad its over but I'm glad it got to finish on its own terms, not just cut off.
We feel free when we escape--even if it be but from the frying pan into the fire.
Cheeseonfire

Postby Cheeseonfire » 08 May 2009, 10:45

I used to like Scrubs but it needed to come to an end sooner than it did.
The finale was a let down. I felt the only strong episode of season 8 was "My Last Words". By the end of season 8 I lost all investment in the characters.
Great show dragged out to only be a good show. It will not be missed.
I'm still trying to figure out why someone didn't tell me how awesome Muse is.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 08 May 2009, 11:16

I could take it or leave it. My hospital show of choice is Green Wing, but that only had two seasons (and was far funnier IMO).
Not that scrubs wasn't enjoyable, but I never thought it was hilarious must see - also I have some sort of seething hatred for Zach Braff... I think he, like, killed my puppy in a previous life or something.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 08 May 2009, 11:52

I really enjoy Scrubs. I've always felt it was more positive, on the whole, than a lot of television. I like seeing positive relationships rather than failure all over the place. I like happy-funny, not sad-funny.

I'm a few episodes behind on Season 8, so I have to watch the end at some point.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
The_Watchman

Postby The_Watchman » 08 May 2009, 13:43

I'm a huge fan, and it was a great finale. I'm glad it's over, as it was really slipping for the last couple of seasons, but 8 returned to some serious quality, which was nice.
I think so Brain, but if they called them Sad Meals, then kids wouldn't buy them.
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 08 May 2009, 22:47

Yeah it did have some trouble for 1 or 2 in season 8, mainly the ones that didn't have braff in them at all. Over all it was definetly a great last season and a good way to go out.
I still don't think there's any episode that I don't at least enjoy though.

Get it over with Tim, the longer you draw it out the harder it will be.

I suppose I should say that I have no complaints for anyone who doesn't like it. The show isn't MEANT for everyone, so not everyone will like it.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 09 May 2009, 00:00

I've pretty much seen all the episodes save for a few I couldn't catch. I really like the show, but its good they get a chance to end it and not stretch it out and become bad enough that it gets canceled outright. one reason they became kind of lame was when they had that short season during the WGA crap. Those episodes weren't on par and they were forced to run some episodes out of order and use something that wasn't a finale as a finale.

Overall I think this last season redeemed itself in many ways, except for maybe the Janitor getting married to someone I had only seen in like 4 episodes, that seemed wierd to me.

But the Finale was good and it really pulled everything together.
Telaril

Postby Telaril » 09 May 2009, 00:13

I really liked Scrubs in the beginning. For a while it was my second favorite American sit-com of all time, News Radio being the first. Now I think it's likely fallen to third place, after 30 Rock.

I thought it was really good for the first few seasons, Six and seven seemed to often have the characters playing caricatures of their former selves, exaggerated to the point of being annoying. I found that season 8 actually restored them to a much better level, and I was enjoying the show again.

It may be that I was catching it live again, rather than in reruns and on Comedy Central. I think I over-watched it for a while there, and it is a show that suffers grievously from over-watching. Still... for me anyway, Scrubs is one of the funniest Sit-coms of all time. After the season seven ending I didn't think I'd miss it. Season 8 managed to rekindle the fire, and give it a proper ending.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 09 May 2009, 00:34

So does anyone want to see a Season 9 with no Zach Braff and maybe some other cast not coming back?
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 09 May 2009, 01:18

I dunno, The whole interns thing could work, and I'd be willing to try it but without Braff as a writer and Bill Lawrence at the reigns it would probably suck. They'd need a spectacular new lead.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 09 May 2009, 03:43

I think it'd be a last-ditch effort to milk the cash cow. It'd not work and people would hate the actual series of Scrubs for it. I've seen a few Scrubs Webisodes about them and it actually got dull after the second episode.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 09 May 2009, 09:39

The last few seasons have been pretty bad, a lot of the characters have devolved into ridiculous self parody and each scene has become just a setup for a lame joke. There's been some good recent episodes but not many

Return to “General Discussion”