Ringtones

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go

What do you do for ringtones?

I make my own
45%
I buy them
12%
I just use the built in ones
27%
I just use vibrate
6%
I don't have a phone
9%

Total votes: 33
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Ringtones

Postby Sieg Reyu » 19 May 2009, 13:01

So, I'm in the middle of making a whole bunch of ringtones for my phone using Audacity, and I was wondering, "I wonder who else makes their own ringtones?" So, any other forumites out there have some awesome ringtones? If not, well what is your awesome ringtone?

So far I have The Aids string from Team America, any annoying synth clip from Safety Dance, part of Boom De Ya Da, What is Love, Live To Win, The Transformers movie theme, Part of Run Run Away, Transformer Movie Theme, Tricky by Run DMC, and Final Countdown.
Image Image Image
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Re: Ringtones

Postby Elomin Sha » 19 May 2009, 13:26

I have the LRR theme for my ringtone, it's my 2nd ring tone. The first was the track I used for Ode to Paul's Beard videos. I've been making some LRR related ringtones that I put up on the wiki.

Personally I try and have a ring tone that doesn't annoy anyone around me or myself.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
danpete6
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby danpete6 » 19 May 2009, 13:36

you listed the transformers theme twice.
fbuh wrote:both mario 64 and portal taught me that cake is bad for you
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 19 May 2009, 14:14

You missed the Y in you and the T and ' in Transformer's theme.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Bob The Magic Camel

Postby Bob The Magic Camel » 19 May 2009, 15:19

This signature has been intentionally left blank.

No marks will be awarded for solutions written on this signature.
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 19 May 2009, 21:22

danpete6 wrote:you listed the transformers theme twice.
Point Being?
Image Image Image
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 19 May 2009, 21:46

My main ring is the "advance planet" sound from the NES game Pinbot. The text message sound is the "extra ball" from the same game. I'd have a ton more if I could but it's a complicated process to make my own ringtones because Verizon tries to limit you to their own store.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 20 May 2009, 01:35

I use the "ring" sound on my phone. That way, I know it's my phone that's ringing.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 20 May 2009, 02:16

I don't have a phone *gasp* but when I did I used a Jpop song that I programmed in note by note. Yah... I wouldn't do that again. At least I always knew when it was my phone!
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 20 May 2009, 02:49

I allways use vibrate because ringtones annoy me, so I don't want to inflict mine on others. That said, if I could figure out how to put the LRR theme on my phone I would. I guess I'll just have to wait untill I get another phone :P
Cokey
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Cokey » 20 May 2009, 03:31

Since I first had a phone that I could make custom ringtones for I've only ever had one ringtone. It's part of the intro to Children by Robert Miles, the 15 odd seconds with just the guitar and piano. I wanted something that would be unique without getting annoying after a while. To me, this fits the bill perfectly. :)
"I'm concerned that we're sitting here like I'm a responsible adult. I'm pretty sure I stopped growing up in my teens and have been faking ever since."
http://xkcd.com/616/

This post should not be taken too seriously.
Nameless_1

Postby Nameless_1 » 20 May 2009, 04:25

My call tone is 'The Groove' by Muse, and my text is the 'incoming!' voice from Worms.

I love phones that can handle mp3 ringtones ^^
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 20 May 2009, 06:18

I wanted to take a firm stand against ringtones, but when I missed an important call once because I couldn't discern my phone's ring from ten other people's phone rings on the bus once, I knew I needed my own. So, I broke down and bought one single ringtone, "Blitzkrieg Bop" by The Ramones. *shrugs*
wilson_x1999
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wilson_x1999 » 20 May 2009, 07:24

Mine has The Frug by Rilo Kiley for calls and this sound for messages: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmDdciwUhok

Pretty much everyone I know gets freaked the first time they listen to it, then they hate and keep asking me to change it.

I've been using it for at least 2 years :3
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 20 May 2009, 08:20

my current is part of a track from one of the cowboy bebop soundtracks. i forget which one because i forgot to label it correctly. it's basically a kickin' blues harp solo.
before that i had the intro of led zepplin's immigrant song. got very annoying after having it for 2-3 years. earlier than that i don't remember.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 20 May 2009, 14:52

I don't have a phone right now, but when I did, I used "DOOR STUCK". Up until then (which I only used for about a month before I got rid of the phone), it was the standard ring.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 20 May 2009, 18:09

I bought "royal oil" by the mighty mighty bosstones because I love the song and i always know its my phone.

My text noise is a doorbell... it always confuses people even if I'm somewhere that there could be absolutely no reason for a doorbell to go off
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
browncoat

Postby browncoat » 21 May 2009, 11:08

Being a huge Final Fantasy nerd I have the FF7 battle theme as my ringtone and a chocobo's KWAH as the message tone.
Can't take the sky from me. Again.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 21 May 2009, 11:13

Mine are the Crank movie ringtone, AWESOME one, makes ppl go WTF
and then three basshunter ones i got for signing up odd but good ones. Iphones a pain to make ringtones for but i got them up on it, was thinking of lrr and some others for it too...hmm1
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 21 May 2009, 15:44

masamune wrote:my current is part of a track from one of the cowboy bebop soundtracks. i forget which one because i forgot to label it correctly. it's basically a kickin' blues harp solo.
This made me go through my entire beebop collection trying to figure it out. If by "blues harp" you mean a harmonica then I couldn't find it. Gonna bug me now....
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada

Return to “General Discussion”