May 05 Update: Wyy

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Graham
Super Moderator

May 05 Update: Wyy

Postby Graham » 07 May 2006, 20:50

Huh? Eh? Yeah?

Postby Guest » 07 May 2006, 21:40

I liked the little stereo bit guys. 8) Way to go.

I noticed with the bit about how Nintendo can't market to us up here in North America and I remembered that you mentioned that in the PSA: Uwe Boll skit. It's dumb of me to remember that, but it seemed to stand out for me.

Uh, thanks for the history of the dance belt there...? Why did you still have the dance belt anyway...?

*Scuddles off to get Quicktime.*

Thank You For Smoking is hilarious! ^_^
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 07 May 2006, 22:22

Because they made me pay $25 for it, and I'll be damned if I'm not going to get my money's worth.
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 07 May 2006, 23:50

where were the Several people singing, someone getting slapped with a tuna, intermission?, extreem stunts, someone being interveiwed over the phone, a mime act? huh?! :P its cool..
CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
Under13

Postby Under13 » 08 May 2006, 07:53

Not being on the PA-fan radar isn't necessarily a bad thing. Really. Consider yourselves "above" their radar...

Secondly, it seems somewhat gramatically awkward (awkward gramatically?) to say "This is the LRR Podcast for the May 5th update, 2006," where you have the date spiked in the middle by a rouge adjective.

Nit picking things like this make me feel like a superior human being. I won't even start with Paul's endless supply of dangling participles...
<>{
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 08 May 2006, 11:33

Hey, he's been meaning to get that looked at okay? It's not his fault. It's hereditary.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 08 May 2006, 12:19

Dangling participles for everyone! Don't worry, I have an endless supply!

I make no promises about the grammaritude of any unscripted speaking I do.

-P
miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 08 May 2006, 19:05

There aren't many parts that reach laugh out loud hilarity, but its still very interesting, and I'm pretty content sitting here listening. I tried putting it in the background of something but I don't have that much of a knack for multitasking.

Do they make stereo microphones? I would assume there would be like...two microphones. In any case, if you guys went stereo, I'd assume it would be one per mic, so anyone who has a mono speaker will think one of you is just rambling on to himself...
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 08 May 2006, 21:27

miakosummin wrote:Do they make stereo microphones?

of course they do, but the really good ones cost about $700AU, and i think thats still a mid range one...

this is a mega cheep one, and not that great quality, i have used one before:

CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 08 May 2006, 22:41

I found our pausing after mentioning that we go for dinner between sentences amusing, but yeah, the podcasts aren't necesarily intended to be comedy gold being as we don't prepare in advance. It'll be funnier with more people, please believe.
Fumbles

Postby Fumbles » 09 May 2006, 01:05

hah. Look I think i've kind of changed my mind of this video (and this is not because i had crap shovled over me during this pod cast). I mean i do enjoy fart jokes and I geuss I just kind of didn't expect it. I don't know.

Hehe you know the t.v version of blazing saddles had to remove the farting sfx. It looks sssooo random and yes i didn't think history of the world part 1 was very funny at all.
"I'd like to say to all the people of Australia - Kick me, I'm different."- Ron Hitler Barassi

Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 09 May 2006, 01:45

Fumbles wrote:(and this is not because i had crap shovled over me during this pod cast)

Your weren't the only one who said it, and it wasn't meant in a mean way. We're sorry if you took it personally, really.
Glad you like it more though!
Fumbles

Postby Fumbles » 09 May 2006, 01:49

Graham wrote:Your weren't the only one who said it, and it wasn't meant in a mean way. We're sorry if you took it personally, really.
Glad you like it more though!

Yeah i Know thats ok. i didn't really take it personally. So graham keeping up to date witht he current E3? seen the sony press conference? Nice to see naughty dog getting back into it but the game they're releasing isn't what i really wanted from them. "8 days" looks good if they're the ingame graphics and "resistance" = O_O. I've been interested in "assasins creed" and "brother in arms hell highway" for a while now. Thank god they got rid of the baterang controller.
"I'd like to say to all the people of Australia - Kick me, I'm different."- Ron Hitler Barassi

Return to “LRRcast”