Timeline of the LRRd

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 18 Sep 2008, 13:39

Master Gunner wrote:It is possible that Paul's beard acts as a Phail capacitor (Phailpacitor?), which builds up a store of Phail particles, allowing him to lend the ring out to Matt and maintain his abilities.

This would also explain how most of his madness comes in spurts, as when his beard builds up to a full phail-charge, it must be discharged. So his regular wackiness is caused by him slowly releasing phail-particles from his beard, and when he forgets, or it builds up too quickly, it causes severe phail-overdose. This would explain some of the difference between super-crazy Paul (Installation Anxiety), and mildly-crazy Paul (All The Little People (I know, it's not conclusively linked to Phail, but bear with me).

So having the ring allows a certain level of abilities (teleportation, anti-douchebaggery), but without some way of building up and directing a concentrated phail-burst, the ring alone will not allow Matt to match some of Paul's craziest endeavors.

This goes well with how Paul would have to "cool off" from prolonged exposure, and how he was able to appear in this video without having the ring: he was expending the last of the Phail-build-up in his beard.

How do we explain Paul's beard functioning as a Phailpacitor though? If it's based purely on facial hair, why just facial hair? All hair on the body is pretty much identical, so in theory Geoff with his rocker hair could out-Phail store Paul.

I personally view the waxing and waning of his madness bouts in reverse to you. I think he gets cured of PRP and then it slowly builds up again, making him crazier and crazier until it is again PRP, he is again cured, and again it builds up.

The Phailinite Ring is constant, Paul's madness is cyclic. I think it's the Phailinite Ring that allows his Phail abilities as normal, but the exposure to it yields his madness, as his brain is exposed over time he grows more mad until we hit PRP stage again. That's the simplest and most rational explanation.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 18 Sep 2008, 14:31

That works too, I just like Paul's beard, so I rationalized that the reason only that mass of hair functioned as a phailpacitor was because it happened to be Paul's Beard, not some other guy's beard.

With any luck though, we shall not have to find out the truth of it (*shudders at the thought of beardless Paul*)
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 18 Sep 2008, 15:02

OR, What if Phail Radiation is actually addicting after long exposures, and the extreme-wacky bits are withdrawal symptoms
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 18 Sep 2008, 15:09

Once again we're straying far into Phail physics.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 18 Sep 2008, 15:24

Man, I'm glad you guys are doing this because I wouldn't know where to begin.

I am glad it's happening though. I love that article on the wiki.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 18 Sep 2008, 15:24

True, but it's going to be a few days until we can get any updates to the timeline. I'll go through and see if I can find anything to add to the wiki.

...Ever get the feeling that we're been to geeky about this, even by fanboy standards?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 18 Sep 2008, 15:25

Master Gunner wrote:...Ever get the feeling that we're been to geeky about this, even by fanboy standards?

No.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 18 Sep 2008, 15:28

When the USAires genetically annihilate all smart people from the nation with the most nuclear weapons, you'll thank heck we're being geeky.

Eventually I might comic-ise more of the Phail theories, I'm running the time helmet through my head on that same note.

Nothing says "Accessible by the lamen" like purty pikturs.

RE: The Timeline, I don't have the DVDs, and I've seen virtually nothing of season one. So if you know anything about season one that could, miraculously, fit in, tell us this!
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 18 Sep 2008, 15:34

I see you've beaten me to the wiki. Oh well, I guess that means you win, this time. But we will meet again!

DVDs...yeah...I really need to get those too. Hopefully they'll go back up soon and I'll get off my lazy ass and make myself a paypal account so I can buy them.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 19 Sep 2008, 01:19

Graham wrote:Man, I'm glad you guys are doing this because I wouldn't know where to begin.

I am glad it's happening though. I love that article on the wiki.

And yet we remain in the shadows, silently toiling away sorting out the land that is LRR...

Seriously, I'm amazed we haven't been mentioned in a podcast or something.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 19 Sep 2008, 03:19

Seeing as they frequently run out of time on their podcasts, I think they just forget every time. Maybe podcasts attract Phail :-P (I know, I'm just being stupid now :P )
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Nomadic
First Video: Serious Cravings

Postby Nomadic » 19 Sep 2008, 08:20

In relation to "The Writer's Room," how about an organization that goes through time to right the errors in history across all timelines? For instance, they allow Paul to "accidentally" find a broken Time Helmet which allows him to construct his first time-traveling headgear...not to mention the discrepancies in the Halo Wars and the Ursine Wars and Bearsharkcolypse...those would be "retconned" out of existence due to their efforts. Thanks to them, as well, we would have the "death of a crew member" (as alluded to in the 30th anniversary as I remember), as instead of killing off said member, they would recruit them into their ranks and use them to help the other LRR crew members. Finally, I'd make Story Guy a secret agent for this said organization, which would explain his ability to be in so many different historical locations with famous people yet still look so incredibly young and fit.

Also, didn't Evil Inc die out in the one season closer with the giant free-for-all?
Successfully lurking since 1709.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 19 Sep 2008, 08:56

Nomadic wrote:In relation to "The Writer's Room," how about an organization that goes through time to right the errors in history across all timelines? For instance, they allow Paul to "accidentally" find a broken Time Helmet which allows him to construct his first time-traveling headgear...not to mention the discrepancies in the Halo Wars and the Ursine Wars and Bearsharkcolypse...those would be "retconned" out of existence due to their efforts. Thanks to them, as well, we would have the "death of a crew member" (as alluded to in the 30th anniversary as I remember), as instead of killing off said member, they would recruit them into their ranks and use them to help the other LRR crew members. Finally, I'd make Story Guy a secret agent for this said organization, which would explain his ability to be in so many different historical locations with famous people yet still look so incredibly young and fit.

Also, didn't Evil Inc die out in the one season closer with the giant free-for-all?

The Halo Wars were retconned by Jer killing J Allard after travelling back to help out more with the Time Wii. The Bearsharkocalypse takes place in 2008-2009, ending before Allard is assassinated.

True, we don't have a dead crewmember here, but we also don't know which one died. In theory, both Gibb and James died and were resurrected by Paul & Graham, which could qualify one of them. Gibb isn't present at the S30 finale, so he could have died. Bill isn't present either.

Retconning of history was undertaken by the LRR crew themselves as seen in A Little TOO Human and Ketars, with reference to Paul's "two turning points in history". As per Keytars, Graham made the first Time Helmet, Paul was responsible for the later versions, which is why the first model is so faulty.

Overall we have no evidence to account for a second time-travelling entity just from The Writer's Room. The Allard assassination is derived from One Minute Shorts and the absence of the Halo Wars in the Bear Wars continuity (Evidenced by Future Matt & Graham). Canadaman is pure speculation, granted, but so is most of the Bear Wars period without further videos referencing it.

The rumble was established as non-canon in Brain Transplants, and either way it ended up being a dream.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 29 Sep 2008, 23:38

The LHC has now been integrated with Action9's newsfeed failure
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 14 Oct 2008, 03:42

I've added a Timeline of the LRRd page to the wiki since there's pretty much no explanation of what or where this whole thing is or came from, and I'm thinking it'd be a good move to put some of the header sections (Like the Time Helmet iterations and such) into that article.

Also, at some point it's possible I'll reformat the timeline and put it into the article as well, making this whole thing alterable by you, the brain-asploded reader!
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 01 Nov 2008, 10:44

Alright, the entire timeline has now been posted to the Wiki, for community alteration, addition, and editing as necessary.

And oh boy do I see just how much I wrote...
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 01 Nov 2008, 11:02

I've added the link to the Timeline into the main page.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 27 Nov 2008, 09:05

So in the wake of commodoreHUSTLE I've had little to add to the Timeline, but I've recently been adding more character fates, including Gibb, Kathleen, an expanded Paul, and Riley & Rodriguez.

I'm considering giving all the Crew entries in the fates, but I'm not sure what to put.
AndyTheSkanker

Postby AndyTheSkanker » 04 Dec 2008, 01:33

So. I haven't posted in a while, and the thriving religion I started as a sidetrack is amusing me. It's gotten rather huge. A valid point was raised during desert bus. Where does Roscoe P. Jangles IV fit into lrrmonism. My suggestion was to call him a prohpet. Anyone else agree? St. Roscoe has a nice ring.
Kick her in the taco, paco
Non Sequiteur Champagne!
Lyinginbedmon

Re: Timeline of the LRRd

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 20 Jul 2009, 06:32

We don't have a thread for Phail Physics by itself so I'm necromancing for a moment.

How do the Phail miners find the Phailgas and such?

In theory, energetic or otherwise, Pp will always cause localised fluctuations in physics principles, presumably scaling somewhat with the amount and concentration of Phail in a given location.

Therefore, could Phail miners use meters that measure the local fluctuations in gravity, pressure, and magnetism to try and find pockets of Phail underground?
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 20 Jul 2009, 09:32

Paul is mysteriously and temporarily GORGEOUS!
-Wraith
anim3z0mbi3

Postby anim3z0mbi3 » 20 Jul 2009, 13:58

OWWWWWW
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 20 Jul 2009, 14:25

anim3z0mbi3 wrote:OWWWWWW

Sorry, I can have that effect on people sometimes.

This concept wouldn't really impact the functions of Phail much, but it means property values would probably drop near a Phailmine and it also gives us a little insight into how the business operates.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 20 Jul 2009, 14:52

I'm pretty sure that they track the locations of failblog and other viral videos, as there'd likely be phailgas in the vicinity.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 20 Jul 2009, 16:39

Ah but that can't really be trusted as an indicator of Phail though, one of the most popular viral videos recently was Nunchuk Fail after all, which was staged.

Return to “General Discussion”