Challenge help.

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Intellectually funky

Challenge help.

Postby Intellectually funky » 26 Jul 2009, 16:50

My friend and I were talking today about games and it lead to the strange reason why movie games don't work out, He tells me they are hyped so much and I rarely (if ever) play them. so he challenged me to play some using my Gamefly account. If I can play 3 movie games without getting frustrated and write short reviews to put on the interwebs, he will buy Ice cream for me (that is pretty big considering he doesn't pay for anything). and If I can't I buy Ice cream for him.

So I took it think this is easy but he thinks it will be difficult. So I need some movie game suggestions, Good or Bad... Help me LRRinites, your my only hope.
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception. - Groucho Marx

March Hare: Ah, that's just it. If you don't think, then you shouldn't talk.
Vaughn

Re: Challenge help.

Postby Vaughn » 26 Jul 2009, 16:54

Try one of the spiderman's
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
Cureless_Poison
First Video: Fun with microwaves.

Postby Cureless_Poison » 26 Jul 2009, 16:57

I thought Van Helsing on Xbox was pretty good, although I don't make it a habit if playing movie games.
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 26 Jul 2009, 17:14

Oh! Asteroids. =P
Do the Catterpillar!

*wiggle wiggle*
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 26 Jul 2009, 17:35

Play Alone in the Dark, Postal, and another Uwe Boll movie-game. We may be able to tolerate the guy as a person, but movies that shitty are bound to have the games be better.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 26 Jul 2009, 17:39

Except that all of those games came before the movies. We're talking about games based on movies here, not the other way around.

Although movies based on games are all horrible too, as we all know.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Intellectually funky

Postby Intellectually funky » 26 Jul 2009, 19:06

I thought the first spiderman movie game was good. but I heard the harry potter ones were bad... are they?
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception. - Groucho Marx

SimpsonsParadox

Postby SimpsonsParadox » 26 Jul 2009, 19:09

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King/The Two Towers, both second gen (IE: Gamecube/PS2/oXbox). They're both exceptionally awesome third person action RPGs. That, and they have co-op. There is nothing quite like giving someone an axe prostate exam with Gimli as Aragon stabs someone in the face next to you.

Spider-Man 2. Also an 'old' gen game. This may not count, since Spiderman games have been coming since way before the dawn of time; however, this one was specifically tied in with the movie, so it might work. Don't get Spider-Man 3, Friend or Foe, or Web of Shadows; those three are quite bad, and the last two aren't even movie/game tie ins.

Monsters vs Aliens. I haven't played this one personally, but apparently its a pretty fun co-op wii game that captures the animated film decently.

Those are my 3 recommendations.

-edit- It depends on which Harry Potter game you get. Supposed the one based off of book number 5 was decent.
Do, A Deer, A Female Deer
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 26 Jul 2009, 20:59

You're always on shaky ground with movie adaptations, even if the games are released years or decades later. But it's especially risky to buy a title introduced to coincide with a theatrical release because the game developers usually have to rush to completion & may not have all the story elements because those are usually kept under wraps until the movie is actually out. This is largely so many movie based video games suck. But there are a few out there that still shine. If you want to win this bet just get something like LEGO Indiana Jones or TRON 2.0. But if you want a challenge I have listed a variety below.

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker: I like it but it may not be for everyone.

Batman Returns for the SNES is a real simple but fun beat 'em up.

Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom for the NES. I loved mostly for the music but enjoyed all the way up until the map puzzle. Then I needed cheats.

Ghostbusters on just about any system in the early '80s was a nightmare of tedium.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is hideous. I wasted hours of my life trying to beat it only to realize the only thing I really liked about the game was driving Benny around.

Back to the Future is one of the best sci-fi films around but the NES game didn't resemble the movie at all.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 26 Jul 2009, 21:48

Chronicles of Riddick
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Spider-Man 2
King Kong(pretty decent imo)
Punisher on Xbox was good.
Wanted is fairly good, but very very short.
Warriors is fun.
LOTR:ROTK
Scarface
Last edited by Genghis Ares on 26 Jul 2009, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 26 Jul 2009, 21:52

SimpsonsParadox wrote:Lord of the Rings: Return of the King/The Two Towers, both second gen (IE: Gamecube/PS2/oXbox). They're both exceptionally awesome third person action RPGs. That, and they have co-op. There is nothing quite like giving someone an axe prostate exam with Gimli as Aragon stabs someone in the face next to you.

Yes yes, so much yes. It was really short, but it was an awesomely fun game to play. Easy for the most part, but really fun.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Cade Antilles
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor

Postby Cade Antilles » 26 Jul 2009, 22:12

I really enjoyed X-men Origins: Wolverine for the 360. I wasn't expecting to, but it took me by surprise. I'm not the first to suggest it, but it's definitely worth playing.
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 26 Jul 2009, 23:01

The only HP game I played was Quidditch World Cup, and it was pretty good.
Intellectually funky

Postby Intellectually funky » 27 Jul 2009, 05:08

I like evil jim's ideas, so i'm thkning who i'll get the roms for who framed roger rabbit and back to the future. And because i'm surprised it was suggested wolverine origins, everbody tells me it was a horrible game. Thanks LRRinites

Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 27 Jul 2009, 12:23

Intellectually funky wrote:I like evil jim's ideas, so i'm thkning who i'll get the roms for who framed roger rabbit and back to the future. And because i'm surprised it was suggested wolverine origins, everbody tells me it was a horrible game. Thanks LRRinites

I don't envy you. Do please give us an update on your progress and/or links to your reviews. I hope you survive.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
duffrey

Postby duffrey » 31 Jul 2009, 05:53

I remember the nintendo games back to the future, ghostbusters and friday the 13th being relatively enjoyable, but that was also almost 20 years ago, so they may not have actually been good
goat

Postby goat » 31 Jul 2009, 09:24

duffrey wrote:I remember the nintendo games back to the future, ghostbusters and friday the 13th being relatively enjoyable, but that was also almost 20 years ago, so they may not have actually been good

The new version of Ghostbusters has apparently sold like gang-busters. Perhaps give that a try?
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 01 Aug 2009, 14:11

Genghis Ares wrote:Warriors is fun.

+1, the co-op is great.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 02 Aug 2009, 00:17

goat wrote:
duffrey wrote:I remember the nintendo games back to the future, ghostbusters and friday the 13th being relatively enjoyable, but that was also almost 20 years ago, so they may not have actually been good

The new version of Ghostbusters has apparently sold like gang-busters. Perhaps give that a try?

The PS2 version is very buggy. So buggy in fact that I am unable to complete the game because it keeps freezing up on the last (I think) level. :?
Sillyman
First Video: No idea

Postby Sillyman » 02 Aug 2009, 00:24

Intellectually funky wrote:I thought the first spiderman movie game was good. but I heard the harry potter ones were bad... are they?

I don't think so... I got some entertainment out of them. At the very least they won't be abominations, and with that series everything tends to be rather polished.
Multiversal Coordinate System syntax:
MCS:S:C:G:S:P:LAT,LNG;
YYYYDDDHHMMSSmmmuuunnnpppfffaaazzzyyy..plancktimesgohere..;
ID.
The location and time portions can be truncated. Time is Earth (MCS:0:0:0:0:3;;0.) time.
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 02 Aug 2009, 15:31

Shaun of the dead game? Could be a cross between Dead Rising and a Point and Click.
Unclever title

Postby Unclever title » 04 Aug 2009, 07:05

A very good very old computer adventure game produced by LucasArts:
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure

But you may need to get a old Mac to run it, that's right folks it runs in an amazing 16 Colors!

Not to mention it's the root of the popular adventure game phrase "I'm selling these fine leather jackets..."

Speaking of LucasArts there a a whole bunch of StarWars based games that fit this category pretty darn well. Though that might be cheating a bit.

For a more recent Movie and Game, I played this game based off the recent (more recent) Incredible Hulk movie, it wasn't that creative in story (though I didn't play much of it) it was hilariously fun to rampage around the city destroying skyscrapers by punching them at their base from the outside.
My train of thought is more like a roller coaster that has loop de loops and no safety bars.
I don't know if I'm tall enough to ride.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 04 Aug 2009, 10:54

I think you were playing Rampage.
duffrey

Postby duffrey » 04 Aug 2009, 10:54

did they make 3 Lego Star Wars games? I know they made two, maybe those two and Lego Indiana Jones
goat

Postby goat » 04 Aug 2009, 14:32

duffrey wrote:did they make 3 Lego Star Wars games? I know they made two, maybe those two and Lego Indiana Jones

QFT

Can't believe I forgot those. The lego star wars games are way too much fun.

Return to “Video Games”