Killer Instinct

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Dank360

Re: Killer Instinct

Postby Dank360 » 28 Jul 2009, 13:28

I just have a funny little quip to say about the screen-shot of the video; it looks like Graham is a mid-twenties Voldemort who snuck into the wrong house to kill the Potter family. The blade looks like a wand is really what I'm getting at.
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 28 Jul 2009, 14:18

I don't see how it could be a wand. I can kinda see it as a twit because of the shadowy jam bits, but no wand.
Dank360

Postby Dank360 » 28 Jul 2009, 15:01

like an old wooden wand is what I see.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 28 Jul 2009, 16:30

So in other words, Graham, it could be in either universe, but the universe you meant for it is the "malum insei" universe as opposed to the "malum non prohibitum" universe.

The sad part about this post? The only reason I know about "malum prohibitum" and "malum insei" is because of Legally Blonde.
Dave-O_Boy

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 28 Jul 2009, 16:32

Hopefully it wasn't the musical version.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Jul 2009, 16:41

Dank360 wrote:I just have a funny little quip to say about the screen-shot of the video; it looks like Graham is a mid-twenties Voldemort who snuck into the wrong house to kill the Potter family. The blade looks like a wand is really what I'm getting at.

That was my first thought too when I saw the screenshot, but I prefer how it turned out.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
book_of_three

Postby book_of_three » 28 Jul 2009, 18:29

Tally ran out because she remembered that her brother and his wife were coming round for dinner that afternoon, and her husband being dead would just ruin the whole affair.

I groaned inside when this video started, because you've recycled the idea of People Reacting to Murder in an Understated Way. However, you combined it so well with social awkwardness that I think it's hilarious and awesome! Preposterously good dialog!

Plus, you're right. Before, murder was simply frowned upon by a moral minority. Here it's actively illegal -- but more importantly, it is a serious social faux passe. Like tipping a waiter with Monopoly money.
Whisker Lickins! Tin Bits! COMBINED ATTACK!
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Jul 2009, 18:58

If its illegal in this universe, I'd say its a minor crime, like what the pro-life movement was trying to accomplish in C&P, about on the same level as smoking pot. Definitely a social faux-pas though.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Dave-O_Boy

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 28 Jul 2009, 21:17

I think you guys are over analyzing it a bit. It is just a sketch, no need to apply it a universe or canon.
Canonfoder

Postby Canonfoder » 28 Jul 2009, 23:00

Dave-O_Boy wrote:I think you guys are over analyzing it a bit. It is just a sketch, no need to apply it a universe or canon.

Nah. They seem to have gotten a bit lax in the wiki on the sixth season about canon but every episode has been analyzed for universe and canon whether it be a three minute sketch or a 20 minute cH they all get analyzed.

So because no one else has tried to guess... is that Tim's place this was shot at? That would be somewhere new for a LRR video and tim was involved in shooting. Haven't watched any TPB videos lately so is just a guess.
Alina

Postby Alina » 29 Jul 2009, 05:09

Great video! Has definite potential for a season favourite.
No one had had the slightest desire to learn the language of the boghogs for the simple reason that these creatures communicated by biting each other very hard on the thigh. -Douglas Adams
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 29 Jul 2009, 05:46

With the addition of commodoreHUSTLE the canonists have had little fodder for analysis, which may be why there's theories galore for this video because of it's connections to C&P
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
curbee

Postby curbee » 29 Jul 2009, 08:32

Lyinginbedmon wrote:With the addition of commodoreHUSTLE the canonists have had little fodder for analysis, which may be why there's theories galore for this video because of it's connections to C&P

Possible connections. We don't know for a fact that they're the same universe.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 29 Jul 2009, 09:09

Actually, you know for a fact that they aren't, as we've already stated that while similar in nature, this video and C&P treat murder completely differently.

when we, the crew, intend a video to be part of an established canon, we make it clear in the context of the video. The standing assumption should always be that videos are unrelated unless otherwise stated.

This video was not written with the intent that it take place in the same universe as C&P, so any connection you draw is being added by you, not taken from the script.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 29 Jul 2009, 10:01

You know what, I think that IS Tim's house. It certainly looks like it.

Good show. As others have mentioned, the "I did a bit, yes" line was gold. Unfortunately I haven't yet seen a full-quality version yet as my internet has been dodgy.
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 29 Jul 2009, 11:06

Matt wrote:Actually, you know for a fact that they aren't, as we've already stated that while similar in nature, this video and C&P treat murder completely differently.

when we, the crew, intend a video to be part of an established canon, we make it clear in the context of the video. The standing assumption should always be that videos are unrelated unless otherwise stated.

This video was not written with the intent that it take place in the same universe as C&P, so any connection you draw is being added by you, not taken from the script.

-m

Think of it like the Zelda timeline, Matt. The fans just try and make it work, it doesn't really affect anything. Oh and: KI > C&P. Just sayin'.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 29 Jul 2009, 11:58

Actually, that gives me an idea for a video. LRRgend of Zelda?

~Alja~
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 29 Jul 2009, 12:47

Emperor Gum wrote:
Matt wrote:Actually, you know for a fact that they aren't, as we've already stated that while similar in nature, this video and C&P treat murder completely differently.

-m

Think of it like the Zelda timeline, Matt. The fans just try and make it work, it doesn't really affect anything. Oh and: KI > C&P. Just sayin'.
I am - and while the fans have built the Zelda timeline extensively, nintendo has publicly stated it to be unofficial and not canon.

My point though was not that this is silly and you shouldn't do it, it was that in doing it you should at least pay attention to established canon. The creators have said that C&P and this are not intended to be in the same universe, it's not unclear or in question, it's established, so you need to work around that.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 29 Jul 2009, 13:13

Actually where the LRR Wiki has fallen down in terms of "canon" is the "in-references" part of that.
There have been plenty of self-referential jokes in cH, and other videos recently, just waiting to get picked up on.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 29 Jul 2009, 13:51

I assume you corrected the format of my post, g? Thanks iPhone was going all wonky.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 29 Jul 2009, 14:07

I did indeed. No worries.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 29 Jul 2009, 14:29

The wiki in general has been falling down. When I get home from work I will do some updating.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Father Time

Postby Father Time » 29 Jul 2009, 15:37

From the preview picture I thought he was holding a wand and that this would be a spoof of Harry Potter. Turns out it was much better.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 29 Jul 2009, 16:30

Dave-O_Boy wrote:Hopefully it wasn't the musical version.

Actually, no...

But that reminded me of the facts...
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 29 Jul 2009, 16:36

I, at least, am fully aware that you didn't intend this to be in the same universe as C&P, and even before you posted that I was thinking that if you had, the inferences would have being more direct than a similar general theme.

However, coming up with crackpot theories in direct contravention of Word of God is an interesting way to pass a couple minutes. Besides, we've being doing that since the beginning of time, its part of our nature.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”